#26 TruPain

TruPain

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • LocationMEnTal iNstItUtiOn
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:03 PM

Please share your insights! Please don't just say "doing the quest 10 times is boring".

Key quest? Or needed quest if you want second class? If you think this is a "key quest", then what about all the other storyline quests that one does not need to do in order to progress in the game?

Personally, I like this, but on the other hand, it seems that it will do nothing more than speed up how fast players power level...

One way to really slow down power leveling would be to implement key quests at certain levels that actually take time to do say every 10 levels after level 30 that are part of the story line, but need to be completed in order to progress any further in levels...

Otherwise, what exactly is the importance of the second job quest? Personally, I have always felt that the 2nd class quest should have been shorter... it is pointless... especially when you still have to pay a fee... it should be do the quest or pay the fee, not both...

I welcome the change though... the quest is boring and pointless in my opinion...

#27 TruPain

TruPain

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 728 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:07 PM

At which NPC, because I didn't get the option from Bond?

Historian Jones in Junon if you need to get the 5 pieces of fate... he has been holding on to them... I think he stole them...

#28 FeedisArti

FeedisArti

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 678 posts
  • LocationLeeuwarden
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:35 PM

Key quest? Or needed quest if you want second class? If you think this is a "key quest", then what about all the other storyline quests that one does not need to do in order to progress in the game?

Personally, I like this, but on the other hand, it seems that it will do nothing more than speed up how fast players power level...

One way to really slow down power leveling would be to implement key quests at certain levels that actually take time to do say every 10 levels after level 30 that are part of the story line, but need to be completed in order to progress any further in levels...

Otherwise, what exactly is the importance of the second job quest? Personally, I have always felt that the 2nd class quest should have been shorter... it is pointless... especially when you still have to pay a fee... it should be do the quest or pay the fee, not both...

I welcome the change though... the quest is boring and pointless in my opinion...

I think it's an important 'step' for your ROSE character so it should mean something when you pass the test - so to speak. I do feel that the current quest was boring and too similar for jobs to be interesting. They should have changed it and made it longer and more difficult while keeping the interesting part. If you read what I've done with my "new" character, there is a lot to find out in the game. Only the veterans, like myself, think it's just useless because most just want to power through and reach the highest level as soon as they can to PvP. (Short extra; the bigger picture comes in here, there is too little content for the veterans.)
Maybe they can use a system where, if done the 2nd job quest for say... Mage, you don't have to do it again if you start a new character to be a mage. I like your idea of doing the quests every so levels! That's really clever. They can, could or should be quests that can lead up to the second job maybe, where the quest of discussion will come in.
They can do much more than this, don't you feel the same way?

Edited by FeedisArti, 31 January 2012 - 05:37 PM.

#29 TruPain

TruPain

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 728 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:40 PM

I remember back inthe narose (yeah, I was playing n the open beta timeframe as well so I have been here for quite a while) days, that the 2nd class quest was a pain in the butt, but one did have the feeling of accomplishment when you finally got it! Now it just doesn't have that same feeling as it did back then... even after taking a huge break from the game and leveling a new character past the level 100 point... it just didn't feel like anything special...

#30 phil2049

phil2049

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:44 PM

Bug Fixes

• Fixed issue when player abandoned The Pyramid of Fate quest, will correctly allow the player to resume from point left off.
  • Metal Moldy now displays his name in full, identity crisis resolved.
  • Big Hand Jack, who was suppose to be selling Armor, Fuel and Ammo received his delivery of supplies.
  • Corrected an occasional error when speaking to NPC Fahimah.

So is that pesky 'Can not find Character ID' party glitch still around? It would be great to party someone without having to spam the party button in hopes of it accepting them in the party.

#31 FeedisArti

FeedisArti

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 678 posts
  • LocationLeeuwarden

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:47 PM

I remember back inthe narose (yeah, I was playing n the open beta timeframe as well so I have been here for quite a while) days, that the 2nd class quest was a pain in the butt, but one did have the feeling of accomplishment when you finally got it! Now it just doesn't have that same feeling as it did back then... even after taking a huge break from the game and leveling a new character past the level 100 point... it just didn't feel like anything special...

I understand what you mean! Most players have this, as they have gotten everything possible out of the game after say.. 6 months of regularly playing. So making new characters to either farm or PvP is the only goal. You want to get there as fast as possible, because there is no point in taking your time, simply because there is no interesting content.
I haven't been in the game for a while, but I did experience a lot of pleasure playing my new character from scratch. Even with this ridiculously inflated economy, to try and make something out of your character. I think the levels under 120-130 are the most interesting and after that the game becomes more of a grind to the end. But you fly through them.
Anyway, that's why I think the quest should be changed into something more interesting. But it has to go together with something of an idea that you said just now. Otherwise a new quest will become boring again after a while. They shouldn't make it even easier by being able to skip it for a buck or two. Ah, but the creativity is so dramatically low, that there is just no point in having hope..

Edited by FeedisArti, 31 January 2012 - 05:49 PM.

#32 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:50 PM

For someone who has played the game for so many years yet does not have a max level character, you sure are in a rush to pay a fee and skip this part of leveling.

A year ago or so they changed this quest so that the proofs are 100%, it barely takes long to do anymore. I'm not saying I enjoy doing the quest every time I level a character but the highlight of this weeks patch is that we have the option to pay in order to skip it is cynical.

Edited by Phish, 31 January 2012 - 05:58 PM.

#33 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:03 PM

So is that pesky 'Can not find Character ID' party glitch still around? It would be great to party someone without having to spam the party button in hopes of it accepting them in the party.

That issue was corrected a couple of weeks ago.

#34 TruPain

TruPain

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 728 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:19 PM

For someone who has played the game for so many years yet does not have a max level character, you sure are in a rush to pay a fee and skip this part of leveling.

Didn't say I was in a rush to pay for it nor a rush to skip it (it is more tedious than anything), I have a few characters over that mark and just recently had a spear champ get past that point and yes, did the quest...

As for not having a max level character... I just don't see the "rush" to get there and complain like most of the other max level characters... I am happy to say that I have solo'd a raider to level 193, cleric to 175, artisan to 175, and a mage to 155 (although since evo, my mage has only levels 7 levels) and several other characters over level 100 (yes, I have a total of 3 artisans at or over level 100 that I solod to get to that point when other people used a launcher, then a reset, I used a gun... big wow though now a days)... I find it much more fun to take my time and play the game rather than get to max level in a few days... I am a casual player and always will be... I have partied a little bit, but nothing too extreme maybe for an hour or so all in all...

Having a max level character means nothing to me... if I get my raider there great... if not... I'm not worried... someday I will get there... and I am in no rush... which is the biggest problem in rose, everyone is in such a hurry...

I just think it is a welcomed change...

#35 ZullyFace

ZullyFace

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:23 PM

I'm really wish to know numbers of staff they have, every week come out with such "update" really force the player to play other game.

Increase this item cost, reduce this item cost, sales item, offer item, put this item in, take that item out, minimize this item. What else? No more! When I just start to play this game, I'm so excited to read any new patch notes because its mean some new content to this game.

Now I can just patch and continue vending without reading patch notes because those maintenance won't make any changes.

Good Job.

#36 PoopsMcgee

PoopsMcgee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1372 posts
  • LocationSitting On Top Of The World
  • Server:The one that always DC's

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:19 PM

Most patches these days are close to nothing, besides minor bug fixes, screw ups from last patch or two, and IM updates that's about it. Expect a big patch... well don't expect it. It will take absurdly long periods of time for anything that involves improving or fixing vital aspects of gameplay. I think a large amount of Gravity's customers are all going to die of old age before they release anymore good content.

#37 Stompage

Stompage

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:58 PM

@ fiah, i agree with pain, ive been playin since oldschool rose and i still dont have a 220. i like to just chill n such, but ive still did the quest on other chracters 5 times, and i still think its all bogus and such. just IM, IM, IM, its all about money for them. they think, "hey, we need more people to lvl faster, lets just, oh idk, make a mayjor quest COMPLETELY optional, ya know?" and the other dude was like "ya, and then we can rip off a movie costume and put THAT in the IM aswell", and then they get moneys n then they chill

#38 twingod

twingod

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Locationaway from R.O.S.E
  • Server:none atm

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:00 PM

i just came here to see the PATCH NUTS that was said needed checked out on facebook but couldnt find them so i read over the patch notes and was sad, wish they would keep the daily boxes (hint hint GMs)

#39 twingod

twingod

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Locationaway from R.O.S.E
  • Server:none atm

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:05 PM

I think a large amount of Gravity's customers are all going to die of old age before they release anymore good content.

u cant say that lol they did change adv plains and they valley "to help draw in new players" not that they would even kno the difference anyways (u kno with them being new and all) instead of adding new content for the higher players that have been playing forever and are bored with nothing new

#40 shokwavez

shokwavez

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 746 posts
  • LocationOn the mat
  • Server:LEONIS

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:16 PM

Whens the next update? And no don't say just now, I haven't seen an update in weeks.

Seriously.. yet they come up with new ways to invest into Item Mall.

Why even label the topic as "Patch Notes" just quit jacking around and just label it "Item Mall Patch"

2nd Job Quest Change

• A new option is available from Darren when going through the 2nd Job Change Quest.
  • You can exchange 5 Ruven's Coins to Darren and he will fudge your paperwork and allow you to skip the quest.
Item Mall

Wow. So the message here is that: based upon their previous talk about "slowing down" our ROSE play through actual game content. They're basically saying; yes you can still play this game
at a face pace BUT you just have to spend more money this time. This is just further proof that more money is needed to compensate for all the nerfs they've done to this game.

Sometimes I really do wonder..how exhausting it is to develop game content. If I was just a little bit more addicted to games I might just change my major to find that out myself. Cause
these guys are just always "exhausted" to keep up with the community. I'm gonna stop before I go on further than I should. Just getting real old.

#41 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:52 PM

That issue was corrected a couple of weeks ago.

Worst fix ever.. Its still happening. Spam spam spam :s

#42 TankJr

TankJr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2513 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:44 PM

Then don't pay the convenience fee next time you want to get your 2nd Advanced Class, it's as simple as that. For the first time in what seems forever, an Item Mall convenience has been added which is optional, non-invasive to game balance and true to what the Item Mall should be used for, and you still find reason to complain.

+1

but u should have made it more expensive like 10 ruvens token

that way, more people are thinking about spending time or money

edit: and it would be cool, if this im option would be only availbale, if there is alrdy a char on the account who did the second job quest, if its the first, he has todo the second job quest

Edited by TankJr, 31 January 2012 - 10:46 PM.

#43 shokwavez

shokwavez

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 746 posts
  • LocationOn the mat
  • Server:LEONIS

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:25 PM

And as for "Bug Fixes" why don't they ever look into Training Grounds or Clan Field crashing.

#44 ZullyFace

ZullyFace

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:55 AM

And as for "Bug Fixes" why don't they ever look into Training Grounds or Clan Field crashing.

If we really want to list out all bugs, it's more than my characters.

Cart bug: If someone fetch you with cart and drop you from cart by clicking "on cart" skill. Then you will have problem, no matter how you buff up but your stat still remain low.

Vend bug: Players vend to buy some item, but we can't sell it to them.

Storage bug: Storage unable to open even we have chosen "open storage" option. Especially during union war server time 5pm-6pm.

TG & CF bug: As you have mentioned, "mass dc" always happened during personal clan war.

Party DC bug: If your client crashed, your character will remain in party and unable to login until you are kicked out from party.

etc etc... which I can't recall...

#45 SirSlayer

SirSlayer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1638 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 February 2012 - 02:39 AM

+1

Being the expert you are, you should know there is a little green + button for that on the bottom right of each reply. Just some info for ya :p_angel:

#46 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:05 AM

Being the expert you are, you should know there is a little green + button for that on the bottom right of each reply. Just some info for ya :p_angel:

Just my thought, but i think he meant he likes the idea but he has something to say about it, so it doesn't sound like he's whining. :p_laugh:

#47 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 01 February 2012 - 05:32 AM

Then don't pay the convenience fee next time you want to get your 2nd Advanced Class, it's as simple as that. For the first time in what seems forever, an Item Mall convenience has been added which is optional, non-invasive to game balance and true to what the Item Mall should be used for, and you still find reason to complain.

It doesn't matter if it's optional or not. You may aswell say Venurunes and Plutorunes are optional, but really are they?

Some things should always stay the way they are. I could understand when you made the quest items easier to get, but this is ridiculous.

I'm not complaining because you get more money, I'm complaining because there are little to no "pure" things left in Rose, everything is contaminated by Item Mall. 2nd Job Quest should have stayed untouched.

#48 maldini

maldini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 06:28 AM

I bet instant level 220 IM on the card! Who would like to bet with me???

#49 ScarletDragon

ScarletDragon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 298 posts
  • LocationNeo Domino City

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:16 AM

It doesn't matter if it's optional or not. You may aswell say Venurunes and Plutorunes are optional, but really are they?

Some things should always stay the way they are. I could understand when you made the quest items easier to get, but this is ridiculous.

I'm not complaining because you get more money, I'm complaining because there are little to no "pure" things left in Rose, everything is contaminated by Item Mall. 2nd Job Quest should have stayed untouched.

i totally agree with u pastaboi, everything is getting contaminated with im or in other words MONEY

#50 Calanor

Calanor

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 2474 posts
  • LocationBetween 2 Rainbows

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:49 AM

I am reading a lot of over analysis on the addition of an IM feature that isn't changing the game play for anyone that doesn't want it to change and isn't opening any sort of pandora's box.

In reality the change only allows those that want to continue leveling and not take a 1 hour time out to do a quest that chance.
If you enjoy the quest, then its there for you, not everything about the game as to be the same experience for everyone else.

Go back to complaining about bugs that don't get enough attention, we can talk about those as they actually have an impact on game play, or even better lets talk about some of the cool things that have happened, or is that being too un-cool for us to discuss here?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users