• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 kristoffer

kristoffer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 03:13 PM

im not gonna ask for builds coz i can make a build where im comfortable with. just want to ask if tempest are good for farming considering their high def-self heal-AOEs?or still not that good enough compared to a forsaker/mystic?just want to hear your opinions/experience :3

#2 petruz

petruz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 415 posts
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:NewHammerine

Posted 02 February 2012 - 03:18 PM

im not gonna ask for builds coz i can make a build where im comfortable with. just want to ask if tempest are good for farming considering their high def-self heal-AOEs?or still not that good enough compared to a forsaker/mystic?just want to hear your opinions/experience :3

I'd say tempests are the best farmers atm

Sleep + aoes ----> done

#3 kristoffer

kristoffer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 04:30 PM

so basically its like a sleep-Lightning-Glaring-holy light combo?

#4 linker591

linker591

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1286 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • Server:Valdes Hammerine

Posted 02 February 2012 - 05:01 PM

high def? i loled hard...you mean that one buff that adds 250? lol...
mystic is better...saker is real nice too but only higher lvl when chaos totem doesnt fail...tbh i wud say tempest is MUCH more gear dependent over mystic

#5 kristoffer

kristoffer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 03:46 AM

oh okay okay. kinda looking into skills and i think im gonna try mystic now because of their hp buff :3

#6 tally

tally

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1136 posts
  • LocationDisgruntled
  • Server:Velik - Vermillion

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:24 AM

Mystic is just as gear-dependant as tempest IMO. Just mystic is easier to play effort-wise.

Tempest you have to jump about, heal, kite, crowd control...
Mystic just stands there with heal totem and def totem...

If you want to do large pulls of mobs, both need half-decent gear with a bit of defence enchanted in and enough damage to kill everything before either sleep or totems wear off.

From my experiences, Mystics are just easier to play cos you don't have to run around so much :angry:

#7 Fudd

Fudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3714 posts
  • LocationInfinity
  • Server:The stable one

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:41 AM

mystics have higher defense, higher HP and a skill crit % buff. Mystics can solo RM/WS/DS bosses when they are well-geared, a tempest will have a way harder time solo'ing those bosses... (although its possible) But... a mystic needs some really good gear if he wants to solo JS mobs, because once those mobs stun(lock) you, your pretty much dead because you wont be able to heal yourself. For tempests it will be easier to solo JS mobs since they have crowd control skills.

Also mystics are often asked for raids, cuz of their healing totem, and with a forsaker debuffing they will do some serious damage:) ..and mystics are needed for small RH raids :angry:

#8 linker591

linker591

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1286 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 04 February 2012 - 08:45 PM

mystics have higher defense, higher HP and a skill crit % buff. Mystics can solo RM/WS/DS bosses when they are well-geared, a tempest will have a way harder time solo'ing those bosses... (although its possible) But... a mystic needs some really good gear if he wants to solo JS mobs, because once those mobs stun(lock) you, your pretty much dead because you wont be able to heal yourself. For tempests it will be easier to solo JS mobs since they have crowd control skills.

Also mystics are often asked for raids, cuz of their healing totem, and with a forsaker debuffing they will do some serious damage:) ..and mystics are needed for small RH raids :Emo_21:

>_< why do u need a mystic for small rh raid? lol...unless ur duoing with a mystic :angry:

idk id say ur partially right on the stunlock thing...because if the tempest doesnt kill before the sleep wears off...theres no way ur casting another sleep with the stun locks...while with mystic you can still use 2 heals and 1 aoe inbetween the stuns...depends on how many u pull ofc...i have played both at lvl 80+ with semi-ok gear...mystic was MUCH nicer...more dmg more heals more def more scc more life

#9 Sasuke21

Sasuke21

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4248 posts
  • LocationRomania
  • Server:AionEU/Nexus

Posted 06 February 2012 - 03:49 AM

sorry to say but i played mystic temp and defi and from all 3 defi i liked the most, if u got good gear on defi he kicks ass, i need like 7 min for 1 pd run and i always pull like 10 on me, jsut pull mobs set aoes on ground use vampiric for refill and mobs are dead.

as a mystic u need set totems then aoe then heal, tempest is nice too but if u cant kill in sleep time ur dead :(

well i guess between mystic and temp , mystic is easier and temp is a bit harder.

#10 linker591

linker591

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1286 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 06 February 2012 - 04:00 AM

7min...lol...
my saker does it in 5...my buddy used to do it in 4 (mystic)
if your comparing high end geared toons...both mystic and saker can toss aoes down faster and kill faster...have more dmg...mor life...better heals...btw...if your defi isnt setting Terms of Service/other aoes...why does the mystic have to toss all totems? lol..biased much? :(
i have had all 3 as well...mystic required the least amount of effort and gear to be decent...tempest next...and the defiler...

#11 Sasuke21

Sasuke21

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4248 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 06 February 2012 - 04:10 AM

well after scad nerf and Terms of Service i cant pull 15 mobs like before record for me was in 5 min and 30 min before Terms of Service nerf, now i do it in 6 ,30- 7 min max.
my opinion on mystic u loose more time setting things , but im used to defi <3

gz to ur friends 4-5 min pd runs is damn nice what can i say :(

#12 MasterXtrem

MasterXtrem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2604 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 February 2012 - 04:52 AM

7min...lol...
my saker does it in 5...my buddy used to do it in 4 (mystic)
if your comparing high end geared toons...both mystic and saker can toss aoes down faster and kill faster...have more dmg...mor life...better heals...btw...if your defi isnt setting Terms of Service/other aoes...why does the mystic have to toss all totems? lol..biased much? :(
i have had all 3 as well...mystic required the least amount of effort and gear to be decent...tempest next...and the defiler...

7 min ? 5 min ? 4 min ? pfffffffffffff .... ask Optimus(aka gogita) about true PD runs 1-3 min 1 comp per run HELL YEAH !!

#13 Crftwise

Crftwise

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 06 February 2012 - 04:52 AM

Depends alot on build and gears. I do 6 TD runs per key no PB. Can solo WS/RM/DS (bosses) no problem. JS is pretty easy too, just have to do aoes first then sleep then aoes again. Even if you get stunned, the aoes will finish them off. ST I do 8 scorpions at a time solo. Outdoor mobs are a joke, pretty much unlimited. Think the most pullable are the Naga at about 24. No need for sleep on the panzy world mobs.

High level its pretty easy for AOE any class. Lack of content is more the problem :(

#14 kristoffer

kristoffer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 05:04 AM

sadly im not a well geared player haha.im just starting thats why im creating a farmer char. but oh well i already started with a shaman so i guess i'd go for a mystic/saker then. thnx for the comments btw :(

#15 Sasuke21

Sasuke21

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4248 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:46 AM

well i cna tank all ds ws rm too solo js not problem but not full rooms :( , in st i cant pull soo many well didnt tryed now with knucks to see how it work im not full +30 only weapon ball 3 parts of set rest jewels are 12-16 rare and 2x +20 hollow rings

#16 Akro

Akro

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 607 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 08:10 AM

U need invest a lot into tempest gear to kill stack of mobs with 1 aoe
sleep is fail skill, put 10 dna in lighting restraint for 20 sec duration
with 2k+ ticks and high crit rate mobs stack will die if u dont lag, just run around
with 2-3 aoes u can kill 20-30 elite mobs like nagas and lamas if have high def tho

..since mystic have crit buff and foc set gives int its cheapest farmer; no point into investing xxx kk to farm xx k rare or exi xeons

#17 Loyalty1

Loyalty1

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9069 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:♪ ♥ ♪

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:21 AM

well i cna tank all ds ws rm too solo js not problem but not full rooms :( , in st i cant pull soo many well didnt tryed now with knucks to see how it work im not full +30 only weapon ball 3 parts of set rest jewels are 12-16 rare and 2x +20 hollow rings

What does it have to do with this thread?

#18 linker591

linker591

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1286 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 06 February 2012 - 02:32 PM

7 min ? 5 min ? 4 min ? pfffffffffffff .... ask Optimus(aka gogita) about true PD runs 1-3 min 1 comp per run HELL YEAH !!

it takes more than a minute to run from start to finish :( and i doubt any class can 1 hit mobs unless pbed...and fastest was 4min mystic pbed lvl 85/85...he was almost fully +30 geared...soooooooo.....1-3 min my ass....unless ur a druid dashing to the end...anyways this is off topic

Depends alot on build and gears. I do 6 TD runs per key no PB. Can solo WS/RM/DS (bosses) no problem. JS is pretty easy too, just have to do aoes first then sleep then aoes again. Even if you get stunned, the aoes will finish them off. ST I do 8 scorpions at a time solo. Outdoor mobs are a joke, pretty much unlimited. Think the most pullable are the Naga at about 24. No need for sleep on the panzy world mobs.

High level its pretty easy for AOE any class. Lack of content is more the problem :)

u dont count crafty your gear is S1? lol...

well i cna tank all ds ws rm too solo js not problem but not full rooms :p_err: , in st i cant pull soo many well didnt tryed now with knucks to see how it work im not full +30 only weapon ball 3 parts of set rest jewels are 12-16 rare and 2x +20 hollow rings

+30 gear...= lots of investing...lol...as i said...easiest and least required investment is mystic...i could solo ds/ws/rm with +15 foc set +10moonlight +2 inf dmg orna and +10 exi jules...

U need invest a lot into tempest gear to kill stack of mobs with 1 aoe
sleep is fail skill, put 10 dna in lighting restraint for 20 sec duration
with 2k+ ticks and high crit rate mobs stack will die if u dont lag, just run around
with 2-3 aoes u can kill 20-30 elite mobs like nagas and lamas if have high def tho

..since mystic have crit buff and foc set gives int its cheapest farmer; no point into investing xxx kk to farm xx k rare or exi xeons

naw...sleep aint that bad...just that its 11 seconds which kinda stings...but if you do enough dmg it doesnt matter...and the running around doesnt work that well now...2.5speed reduc on LR is a joke...

#19 kristoffer

kristoffer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 02:57 PM

lol imma experience that when i hit 50ish maybe after my exams.till then im gonna go for a mystic/saker then :( btw: mystic's crit buff=bloodlust?

#20 linker591

linker591

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1286 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 06 February 2012 - 03:07 PM

lol imma experience that when i hit 50ish maybe after my exams.till then im gonna go for a mystic/saker then :( btw: mystic's crit buff=bloodlust?

no bloodlust adds dmg...fairy king thingy or whatever the name is adds scc...check when u get to 50...
just 2 things about mystics...
1. you will be burning through mana like...WOW...constantly...its painful...
2. if you spam heals and dont afk in raids...chances are you will pull agro if tank dcs or slt...

#21 kristoffer

kristoffer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 03:27 PM

found it,+10%scc @ lvl 10 right?.yeah lol im even experiencing mana burn @ low levels as i spam fire ball and arrow -.-.my level 1 mana regen buff sucks hahah

#22 linker591

linker591

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1286 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 06 February 2012 - 03:41 PM

found it,+10%scc @ lvl 10 right?.yeah lol im even experiencing mana burn @ low levels as i spam fire ball and arrow -.-.my level 1 mana regen buff sucks hahah

yup
or maybe 11% not sure...lol...

yah its realy nice...had 70% scc with crappy gear and most jewels unfinished...lol... :(

#23 tally

tally

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1136 posts
  • LocationDisgruntled
  • Server:Velik - Vermillion

Posted 06 February 2012 - 03:43 PM

Mana use gets a lot better L65+ on mystic I found. Get any jewels with MND or MP recovery reinforced well and you'll be able to grind all day, whooooo (!)

#24 linker591

linker591

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1286 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 06 February 2012 - 03:53 PM

Mana use gets a lot better L65+ on mystic I found. Get any jewels with MND or MP recovery reinforced well and you'll be able to grind all day, whooooo (!)

not sure what your smoking...but when duoing RH with my buddy (mystic) who is using full rare jules +12 or +15 petlvl10 guild stats/10% stats and LW shld +16 (gives mp regen) and had my rads lvl 10 mana buff...he was running out of mana constantly...had to spam pots...

oh yes if your one of those lazy useless mystics that never casts heals or totems and simply casts each aoe and once in a while fb...yes...your right...ur mana will be fine...

#25 kristoffer

kristoffer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:51 AM

btw anyone knows of a link for a forsaker grind video?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users