#1026 razirazo

razirazo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 717 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:08 AM

I throw my Immune nidd, sit and stare at it for long time.
no one is grabbing it.
Come come~~ login fast~~
Spoiler

Edited by razirazo, 06 February 2012 - 10:55 AM.

#1027 o0Eclips0o

o0Eclips0o

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationSaint Petersburg Florida
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:08 AM

I seriously don't get how the ddos can cripple a server in today's advance world of cyber-crime prevention. I'm a total beginner in terms of computer physics but ddos has been around for ages and letting this get away without any action taken is unacceptable. Where are the so called cyber-police that are responsible to take action on such ppl doing these unspeakable acts of cyber-terrorism. I'm pretty sure there is more than 1 way to solve this and I'm definitely not able to give you the answer.

Please get this solved asap in view that it is a service you're selling are you not? cyber-terrorism should be dealt with immediate law enforcement and whatever it takes to put that person behind bars if necessary. Peace.

Aliens....But you didn't hear that from Me...:(

Edited by o0Eclips0o, 06 February 2012 - 10:10 AM.

#1028 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:09 AM

>_<!

>_<!!

#1029 zakame

zakame

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:09 AM

Hey guys, Banana here.

Yes, this is related to the DDoS attacks issue. We are looking into it and we are trying to find a solution. Bear with us! >_<

While/when the server do go kaboom, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE try to limit your logins. We are NOT blocking regions. This is not how we are attacking the issue. We ARE however going through logs and singling out IPs which are excessively overloading the login servers. The continued checking of login, which may be frequent and over a long time during the downtime -may- get singled out and taken as a DDoS attacker. By limiting your logins, we are then able to help you help us help you all.

If you ARE singled out and you are NOT involved with DDoS, the process gets VERY complicated and a ticket needs to be sent. This is a very time consuming, long winded process and WILL greatly affect the time you are able to play. So once again, PLEASE try to limit your login frequencies during down time.

Also... if you ARE involved with DDoS... let us know so we can take care of you >=(

tl;dr - Try to limit your logins during this time. We don't want to mistake you for a DDoS bot. Also, check for malware just in case.

Thanks guys!

I take it that you're currently limiting incoming connections to 1 per IP? If so, that would explain why my main disconnected earlier (and couldn't relog) while my alt stays :(

Are you guys also doing some live network protocol analysis, say via tcpdump or ethereal?

#1030 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:10 AM

I throw my Immune nidd, sit and stare at it for long time.
no one is grabbing it.
Come come~~ login fast~~
Posted Image

Thats where I sit on Ymir, I would have picked that up so fast >)

#1031 MikeyM3

MikeyM3

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:11 AM

Thats where I sit on Ymir, I would have picked that up so fast >)

D: that's too bad isn't it

#1032 Tyrael

Tyrael

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:12 AM

I assume you were dropping it, picking it back up and dropping it again so it didn't disappear right?

#1033 razirazo

razirazo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 717 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:12 AM

LIES I went by twice >.<

Too late perhaps. :(
Dont expect me to do it again.

#1034 Tyrael

Tyrael

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:13 AM

back up, yay!

#1035 razirazo

razirazo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 717 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:14 AM

I assume you were dropping it, picking it back up and dropping it again so it didn't disappear right?

Ya like 3 times lol.
Just to show how empty the server is right now.

#1036 Surjoana

Surjoana

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:14 AM

Too late perhaps. :(
Dont expect me to do it again.

Wrong server :)

#1037 MikeyM3

MikeyM3

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:15 AM

back up, yay!

Liar . Got me excited

#1038 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:16 AM

Ya like 3 times lol.
Just to show how empty the server is right now.

your server w/o login problems probably has less actual players than other servers with login problems

Edited by Andini, 06 February 2012 - 10:16 AM.

#1039 big742003

big742003

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • Server:Mostly Ygg, some Valk

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:16 AM

yay I'm on. Valk eden is a ghost town, lol.

#1040 razirazo

razirazo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 717 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:18 AM

your server w/o login problems probably has less actual players than other servers with login problems

Trying hard to insult ygg?
No im got going to mad.

#1041 MarshalBanana

MarshalBanana

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 34 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:All of them!

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:21 AM

I second this because you may unwillingly be a zombie and not know it. There are commonly distroed 3rd party programs (both illegal and legal).

Confirmed. There was a post by another moderator that got some heat. We are not ruling out any method for these attacks and we know that this is something our users can do to help.

On a brighter note, Log in seems to be alleviated of its currently pressing issues. Go ahead and log in!

EDIT - The internet is faster wherever you guys are. You guys got the update before i put the update out XD

Also...

>_<!!

>_<!!!

and...

Are you guys also doing some live network protocol analysis, say via tcpdump or ethereal?

A magician never tells his secrets =)

#1042 MikeyM3

MikeyM3

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:22 AM

Is there a link to check server status so I don't have to check in game and skimming through all these posts ?

#1043 razirazo

razirazo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 717 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:26 AM

Did you know, other than individual attack DDoS can be 'rented' from botnet operator.
I dont really remember how many bucks they charge for an hour of attack but yeah they might using this.

#1044 MikeyM3

MikeyM3

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:29 AM

Did you know, other than individual attack DDoS can be 'rented' from botnet operator.
I dont really remember how many bucks they charge for an hour of attack but yeah they might using this.

They must really hate the server to pay for an attack :(

#1045 zakame

zakame

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:36 AM

A magician never tells his secrets =)

A magician maintaining servers? Now I'm worried: never know when those will vanish into thin air :(

Anyways, thanks for the heads up! /no1

#1046 TheQuietStorm

TheQuietStorm

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1001 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands
  • Server:chaos>ymir>chaos

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:47 AM

Hey guys, Banana here.

Yes, this is related to the DDoS attacks issue. We are looking into it and we are trying to find a solution. Bear with us! >_<

While/when the server do go kaboom, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE try to limit your logins. We are NOT blocking regions. This is not how we are attacking the issue. We ARE however going through logs and singling out IPs which are excessively overloading the login servers. The continued checking of login, which may be frequent and over a long time during the downtime -may- get singled out and taken as a DDoS attacker. By limiting your logins, we are then able to help you help us help you all.

If you ARE singled out and you are NOT involved with DDoS, the process gets VERY complicated and a ticket needs to be sent. This is a very time consuming, long winded process and WILL greatly affect the time you are able to play. So once again, PLEASE try to limit your login frequencies during down time.

Also... if you ARE involved with DDoS... let us know so we can take care of you >=(

tl;dr - Try to limit your logins during this time. We don't want to mistake you for a DDoS bot. Also, check for malware just in case.

Thanks guys!

I suggest making this post into a sticky thread :omg:

^.^

[editted to add: For people who dont read XXXXX amount of pages of this thread, and could actually miss reading that post. And you know how us 'nerds' are, with the whole "OHNOESIDCEDMUSTLOGINNOW-WHYWONTITWORKLETSTRYAGAIN"-loginrage :( :p_err: :)

Edited by TheQuietStorm, 06 February 2012 - 10:49 AM.

#1047 wonka

wonka

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • LocationTamaulipas, Mexico~
  • Server:Loki>Ymir>Chaos~

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:50 AM

Hey guys, Banana here.

Thanks guys!

:( no more password+enter+enter+enter when server's down xD

#1048 Novax39

Novax39

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:26 AM

Relog after you first get back on

Inu did the login server crash again? It still keeps saying "Failed to Connect to Server"

#1049 Squagg

Squagg

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:34 AM

I still can't connect, just keeps saying failed to connect to server, has been this way for a while... I have Ymir Accounts and Valkyrie... IT just doesn't make sense why it's down more than it's up here lately..

btw this what you can use to check it, as you can see there is just a blank spot on the valkyrie Login spot...

http://www.mmoserver...ragnarok_online

Edited by Squagg, 06 February 2012 - 11:36 AM.

#1050 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:35 AM

I still can't connect, just keeps saying failed to connect to server, has been this way for a while... I have Ymir Accounts and Valkyrie... IT just doesn't make sense why it's down more than it's up here lately..

I tried just now twice and I connected just fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users