Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 282 posts
  • LocationAussieLand
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:04 PM

Relog after you first get back on

I'm fine 50z warps ect. But I had a couple friends login saying they couldn't access their VIP account,

#102 xDeathAdderx

xDeathAdderx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts
  • LocationUS East Coast! ...or lhz/Izlude/S.Pront :D
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:05 PM

I dont get why people have to RELOG after the first login? If they were already offline anyways. Apparently it isnt fixed then.

#103 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

I'm fine 50z warps ect. But I had a couple friends login saying they couldn't access their VIP account,

You need to relog completely not just go to char select, in case that is what they are doing, if not its something else.

#104 Lordblight

Lordblight

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

still cant log in to ymir wat gives good sirs..... nvm just logged in

Edited by Lordblight, 02 February 2012 - 08:08 PM.

#105 Ali0510

Ali0510

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 282 posts
  • LocationAussieLand

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:09 PM

still cant log in to ymir wat gives good sirs.....

^ This is their issue they went on alts and came on to complain I refuse to log off completely until this issue is fixed

#106 Dreimdal

Dreimdal

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 548 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:11 PM

This is ridiculous. I tolerated it at first because I know these issues happen sometimes, especially with online games, and I'm generally a patient person. But this has gone on for too long and been happening too frequently. It's completely unacceptable.

Putting it bluntly: You guys need to get your :) together already. I'm not paying money in order to look at login screens that say "Failed to connect".

Forego working on other things and make solving this issue your main priority, in fact, make it your sole priority if necessary. Just do whatever it takes to resolutely and finally solve this crap. It's long past the point of having gotten *tiresome*.

On a side note:

I was already thinking of quitting now that you have scared off most of my non-VIP friends who used to play. Almost all of them have quit over the past month or two. You might think shafting non-VIP is harmless or will help motivate them to buy VIP. I can assure you that in most cases, it's not harmless. You might think losing non-VIP players won't hurt your bottomline, since they're just non-paying bandwidth leeches, but the problem with this attitude is that VIP players are often friends with non-VIP players, and if you drive away one group, then you shouldn't be surprised if the paying group decides to follow their friends and also quit playing the game.

In any case, these login issues are starting to put the final nails in the coffin. Realize that this isn't the only place I can unwind and relieve stress; I have tons of other options too... Go ahead and keep driving me toward them.

#107 Minchi

Minchi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 582 posts
  • Server:CHAOS BRUH!!!

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:13 PM

Just got d/ced again :)

#108 Mayhem

Mayhem

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 890 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:16 PM

This is ridiculous. I tolerated it at first because I know these issues happen sometimes, especially with online games, and I'm generally a patient person. But this has gone on for too long and been happening too frequently. It's completely unacceptable.

Putting it bluntly: You guys need to get your :) together already. I'm not paying money in order to look at login screens that say "Failed to connect".

Forego working on other things and make solving this issue your main priority, in fact, make it your sole priority if necessary. Just do whatever it takes to resolutely and finally solve this crap. It's long past the point of having gotten *tiresome*.

On a side note:

I was already thinking of quitting now that you have scared off most of my non-VIP friends who used to play. Almost all of them have quit over the past month or two. You might think shafting non-VIP is harmless or will help motivate them to buy VIP. I can assure you that in most cases, it's not harmless. You might think losing non-VIP players won't hurt your bottomline, since they're just non-paying bandwidth leeches, but the problem with this attitude is that VIP players are often friends with non-VIP players, and if you drive away one group, then you shouldn't be surprised if the paying group decides to follow their friends and also quit playing the game.

In any case, these login issues are starting to put the final nails in the coffin. Realize that this isn't the only place I can unwind and relieve stress; I have tons of other options too... Go ahead and keep driving me toward them.

Actually you would be amazed at the people that quit over all this.

Gms said before that changes they alway loose but end up gaining a few new players.

I think we are to the point where we are just loosing your long term gamers, AND loosing the new players because like whats been said, who really wants to play a game they can only get on sometimes.

I am actually pretty happy that I didnt pay this month, I can BARELY find time for ro, and hell youc an ask death adder, whenever I want to get on the game is DOWN, crashed, server login down, etc etc etc.

I agree I think all new events and patches should stop, you should make feb your valentines day present to us to fix the game.

If you keep adding in more stuff then you know all your doing it making it harder to figure out what has went wrong and broke the game.

#109 Scientistic

Scientistic

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 693 posts
  • Server:Planet Yggdrasil

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:35 PM

Actually you would be amazed at the people that quit over all this.

Gms said before that changes they alway loose but end up gaining a few new players.

I think we are to the point where we are just loosing your long term gamers, AND loosing the new players because like whats been said, who really wants to play a game they can only get on sometimes.

I am actually pretty happy that I didnt pay this month, I can BARELY find time for ro, and hell youc an ask death adder, whenever I want to get on the game is DOWN, crashed, server login down, etc etc etc.

I agree I think all new events and patches should stop, you should make feb your valentines day present to us to fix the game.

If you keep adding in more stuff then you know all your doing it making it harder to figure out what has went wrong and broke the game.

Wait, some Game Travelers quit over this and Updates? What an embarassment. True Gamers dear to me, would laugh at me.
On Gameplanet, the explorer got to have Sta.

#110 LuxiLux

LuxiLux

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:38 PM

Wait, some Game Travelers quit over this and Updates? What an embarassment. True Gamers dear to me, would laugh at me.

Damn, Scientistic making sense and bagging on all of you in one post. :)

#111 Lordblight

Lordblight

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:54 PM

sigh now hazy maze is broken again.....wow utterly useless once my vip runs out i'll probly just take a vacation from the game.

#112 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 02 February 2012 - 11:04 PM

I have to admire how much people can point and yell at Gravity for the DCs.

Yes, they definitely want people to be unable to log in and are doing absolutely nothing about it.

I'm sure it's being looked at, worked on, and if they could figure out exactly what was causing it they might fix it. There are a million and one reasons the game might be crashing, and not all of them are easy to fix or even something they CAN fix.

#113 Pres

Pres

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1427 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 02 February 2012 - 11:37 PM

For some reason, it feels like drops returned to normal rates with all these d/cs. Could someone check?

#114 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 11:54 PM

perhaps you are not getting the VIP bonus (if you are VIP)?

#115 Cargona

Cargona

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:26 AM

I have to admire how much people can point and yell at Gravity for the DCs.

Yes, they definitely want people to be unable to log in and are doing absolutely nothing about it.

I'm sure it's being looked at, worked on, and if they could figure out exactly what was causing it they might fix it. There are a million and one reasons the game might be crashing, and not all of them are easy to fix or even something they CAN fix.

In 1985 the Coca-Cola company changed their formula and re-branded their flagship product as "New Coke". The general consensus of their customer base was that the product didn't live up to their beloved original Coca-Cola formula and they wanted it back. With in 3 months of Coca-Cola's decision they were faced with a choice, give their customers what they want or face cooperate suicide. You can't sit here and tell us that the problems are not easy to fix or that there is a possibility that they cannot be fixed. There is always a solution. Gravity is providing a service, and at the moment it's customers are highly dissatisfied with the service they are receiving. It's Gravity's IT teams JOB find solutions to these problems, If they cannot come up with a solution, hire someone who can. There is always options; If these are indeed DDoS attacks Move iRO to a remote server through a data hosting company and let them deal with it, they're more equipped to handle it. If this is not the result of a DDos attack, your current IT team is inefficient and should be replaced with someone who can fix it. Just saying if the status quo remains the same Gravity won't have a customer base left to disappoint.

Edited by Cargona, 03 February 2012 - 01:27 AM.

#116 mikeberserkr

mikeberserkr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 571 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:34 AM

hmmm... good point...

but i dont think there will be such a thing as a "perfect company" or a company without problems.... this is something everyone will have to weather through... take it in hindsight.... you can QQ all you want ...or you can wait for it to get fixed...

personally, we have had the worst business problems (irl) before... & this is NOTHING compared to what others have to go through....

#117 shado

shado

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 401 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:34 AM

For some reason, it feels like drops returned to normal rates with all these d/cs. Could someone check?

Kinda felt that way to me too, but I doubt it.

Also, the servers going down every 45 minutes is getting pretty -_-ing ridiculous, especially with the double drops.

I wouldn't be as frustrated if this were a normal week, but double drops means 4x as much money to be made, making me want to play a hell of a lot longer than normal.

But, surprise, log-in is down again.

#118 Kobold M.D.

Kobold M.D.

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 208 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:36 AM

I have already informed our tech team to try and get this issue resolved as soon as possible.

#119 frankSG07

frankSG07

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Locationseattle WA
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:40 AM

again and again and again and again. please FIX it. I mean FIX, not just tap it a little then yell "and we are online people".
this is getting so annoying.

#120 Kobold M.D.

Kobold M.D.

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 208 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:45 AM

again and again and again and again. please FIX it. I mean FIX, not just tap it a little then yell "and we are online people".
this is getting so annoying.

Unfortunately as much as I would like to give you a definitive answer on how it is being resolved and what is causing this problem, I don't have those answers. What I do is that our tech team has been looking into this issue since it first occurred and have been narrowing down the causes for it. Now I can't say for certain how or when a final fix will be in place, but we are working to get it fixed asap.

#121 An1ma

An1ma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 209 posts
  • Server:Sera is OP

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:49 AM

and Friday's Maintenance will result in full outage of all WarpPortal games and websites.
http://www.warpporta...ouncements.aspx

Maybe Friday's ISP Maint started early?

#122 Kobold M.D.

Kobold M.D.

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 208 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:51 AM

and Friday's Maintenance will result in full outage of all WarpPortal games and websites.
http://www.warpporta...ouncements.aspx

Maybe Friday's ISP Maint started early?

Sadly it did not. If it did I would be able to post on the forums :)

#123 Ali0510

Ali0510

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 282 posts
  • LocationAussieLand

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:56 AM

Unfortunately as much as I would like to give you a definitive answer on how it is being resolved and what is causing this problem, I don't have those answers. What I do is that our tech team has been looking into this issue since it first occurred and have been narrowing down the causes for it. Now I can't say for certain how or when a final fix will be in place, but we are working to get it fixed asap.

Thank you for Informing us of whats going on. :) All the best with the bug fixes...

#124 zakame

zakame

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 03 February 2012 - 02:00 AM

Embarrassment indeed. Pray ere the cynics, the elect, and the rooks. The true lay however, is still hidden; doubtful if only due to a single angry gamer.

#125 sukidayo

sukidayo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 02:08 AM

.. Move iRO to a remote server through a data hosting company and let them deal with it, they're more equipped to handle it.

this is one of the reason why private server owners never have to worry about ddos. most of those running a private server are dumb as a brick, but as long as they choose a good vps provider everything runs smoothly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users