Resplendent

Grand Nagus

• Members
  • 543 posts
  • LocationWashington State
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray

Posted 09 September 2010 - 04:20 PM

After looking through the patch for today's maint I have to say the basic spelling changes that were applied (to the msgstringtable) are completely unacceptable for a final fix. If this is the most intelligible you can make those messages, you need to get someone who can do a better job. Examples:

You can't create Runstone more than its maximum possessive quanty# --------------> You can't create Rune stone more than its maximum possessive quantityy#

Plrease increase as many as %d for 1st job or 2nd job skill# ------------> Please increase as many as %d for 1st job or 2nd job skill#

Because designated name of tap is too long,unable to change# ----------> Because designated name of tab is too long, unable to change#

Ignoring the fact that in the first instance, it's still misspelled, none of these messages are proper English. If you're going to try and fix things, at least try and get it RIGHT, and not do a half hearted job. In many cases I can't even understand what a message is saying:

be on call situation of myself: %d(battle field A)#

alert cancel in applying battle field#

If I were a new player and saw these A) I wouldn't know what they meant and B. I'd start questioning what other aspects of the game might be badly translated or broken. It does not reflect well upon the game's management to have an "English" server that's not in English.

Edited by Resplendent, 09 September 2010 - 04:34 PM.

#2 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 09 September 2010 - 04:50 PM

The client description files are not as quickly modifiable as they once were, and currently we are in a beta phase to remedy these. When we finalize the client files they will be "english", as of right now it is word englished with Grammar from elsewhere.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users