Fonzie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 353 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Loki

Posted 05 February 2012 - 10:40 PM

POPULAR

It's getting pretty old that these issues of the servers acting up. This is basically an ongoing thing and you guys really don't do anything for us to compensate to say your sorry, and meaning it. You guys really should take a look at whats going on, if this is due to scripts with the game, remove it and fix it. Its getting pretty pathetic that its a 5% chance to log on.

Personally I am getting tired of the excuses, and i'm sure some of the lapdogs will either shut this post down or try to troll it, but there's no hiding it anymore, this is getting out of hand.

So the following suggestion is something you should think about until this stupid crap is fixed. You should extend VIP to those who currently had it paid for at least another two weeks of time. This is 2012, you mean to tell me there isn't one asian in that building who cant figure out how to fix something?

â?¬â??â?¬ã??( º _ ºã??)

Edited by Fonzie, 06 February 2012 - 05:01 AM.

#2 stemah

stemah

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 345 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 05 February 2012 - 10:45 PM

I got VIP too.. :(

#3 XIII_Eraser

XIII_Eraser

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1448 posts
  • LocationBehind You
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 05 February 2012 - 11:03 PM

Look worry about the compensation later. I'm 100% sure they will compensate us somehow once the problem is fixed there's no point in compensating right now while the problem is still there. Everyone should stop asking for compensation right now but instead ask for a fix to the problem. I have VIP too and I know how it feels to pay for VIP and get this kind of service right now but let's be more understanding of the situation at hand. Try to look at things from their point of view

#4 Fonzie

Fonzie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 11:15 PM

Gravity's Compensation has been, box events and ingame stuff, how about doing what every other game company does and gives you time credits for their screw up.Posted Image

#5 XIII_Eraser

XIII_Eraser

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1448 posts
  • LocationBehind You
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 05 February 2012 - 11:21 PM

Gravity's Compensation has been, box events and ingame stuff, how about doing what every other game company does and gives you time credits for their screw up.Posted Image

I've been here awhile and I know Gravity knows how to compensate its players otherwise you and I wouldn't even be talking about this cause if they didn't know how to compensate properly then we would've quit already. Anyways with how big their problem is right now I'm sure they're going to compensate us big time for this

#6 Wiggles

Wiggles

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 844 posts
  • Server:Ymir (Retired)

Posted 05 February 2012 - 11:22 PM

The more you post, complain, request, demand.... the more they know you are hanging on and won't leave the game.

How can you make the most impact? Don't pay.

#7 pazookie2

pazookie2

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 11:25 PM

It's getting pretty old that these issues of the servers acting up. This is basically an ongoing thing and you guys really don't do anything for us to compensate to say your sorry, and meaning it. You guys really should take a look at whats going on, if this is due to scripts with the game, remove it and fix it. Its getting pretty pathetic that its a 5% chance to log on.

Personally I am getting tired of the excuses, and i'm sure some of the lapdogs will either shut this post down or try to troll it, but there's no hiding it anymore, this is getting out of hand.

So the following suggestion is something you should think about until this stupid crap is fixed. You should extend VIP to those who currently had it paid for at least another two weeks of time. This is 2012, you mean to tell me there isn't one asian in that building who cant figure out how to fix something?

In regards to the DDoS situation, I think Gravity is doing all they can. It's a group of 5 guys and half a rack of servers going up against an attack by a botnet. Aside from having unlimited bandwidth and computing power, a DDoS large enough will even take down sites like Google and Facebook or at least bring them down to a crawl.

Also, since it's not really their fault, when they do feel the need to apologize it's due to the misguided blame put on them by the less informed users. All the people bitching and moaning about how Gravity sucks and :( like that more than likely don't even have an idea as to what a DDoS even is.

However, I'm all for a VIP extenstion/exp/drops/whatever. This would make everyone happier as a result, DDoS or not

Edited by pazookie2, 05 February 2012 - 11:28 PM.

#8 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 05 February 2012 - 11:27 PM

I forgot the meaning of customer satisfaction already so doesn't matter anyways... :(

#9 Wiggles

Wiggles

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 844 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 11:48 PM

Giving compensation sends the message "DDoS our servers and get free stuff".

#10 Ali0510

Ali0510

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 282 posts
  • LocationAussieLand
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 06 February 2012 - 12:18 AM

Yea, either way we're screwed.

#11 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts
  • Server:Chaos (Yggdrasil☻RIP)

Posted 06 February 2012 - 12:37 AM

no were not screwed.
This will pass and when it does things will return to normal.
Like it was stated, theres no point in asking for compensation now its like asking a doctor for a flue shot while he's in the middle of surgery in the ER.

Those who will stay will put up with it.
Those who will leave will leave.
And among those that leave.. i can almost guarantee that 80% will come back after they swallow their pride..
if people didn't want to continue playing they wouldn't be posting on here with their concerns

No one here is there in the thick of it with them as they try to fix this in real time, don't be so quick to assume that they don't care or they're not doing their best to combat this.. that's just being overly presumptuous and narrow minded.

Compensation isn't a result of the attack.. its a company's way of saying, "sorry for your inconvenience and for being so patient while we sort this out we care about our customers and would like to do something to make it up to you"
its not something to be demanded by us nor required by their part. It's a choice they make after sorting through all this

the ONLY thing that matters right now.. is doing whats necessary to stop these attacks and ensure the stability of Ragnarok Online! ....screw the other games Warp Portal handles :( ... I want Mah RO!!! >_<# ...j/k :)

Edited by Helios0, 06 February 2012 - 12:41 AM.

#12 Mwrip

Mwrip

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...

Posted 06 February 2012 - 01:25 AM

Have they considered calling the FBI? I highly doubt someone made a botnet just to settle a grudge with Gravity. There's very likely other targets, and a lot of countries do cooperate with each other to take these networks down. They're a pain in the ass to trace since the zombies are all machines where the owner doesn't even realize he IS a zombie (so only knowing what machines are actually attacking is useless), but they have to be getting their orders from somewhere, and they can trace the command chain to whatever machine is actually controlling the net.

Actually catching the guy doing it is next to impossible (if he's at all smart, the controller server is a VPS purchased with a prepaid credit card, and the orders are issued from public machines like libraries), but the botnet can be taken down, it takes time to rebuild it, and if people are fast it taking out the nets, they can put the guy out of business.

#13 zakame

zakame

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 February 2012 - 02:00 AM

QFT. It seems now that the DoS purpose is two-fold:

• Disrupt VIP via attacking the login server; all players are collateral damage
  • Get people to QQ on forums and make unreasonable demands; play on existing VIP vs non-VIP hostilities

#14 Mwrip

Mwrip

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...

Posted 06 February 2012 - 02:11 AM

No one would go through the trouble of making a botnet just to hit Gravity's servers, which means they're paying a good amount of money to buy the usage of someone else's. There's no way they would do that just for a compensation event, as that simply makes no financial sense.

As for them trying to get the community to attack itself, THAT, on the other hand, is a possibility. They either want to damage the game, Gravity, or both.

#15 zakame

zakame

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 03:03 AM

No one would go through the trouble of making a botnet just to hit Gravity's servers, which means they're paying a good amount of money to buy the usage of someone else's. There's no way they would do that just for a compensation event, as that simply makes no financial sense.

As for them trying to get the community to attack itself, THAT, on the other hand, is a possibility. They either want to damage the game, Gravity, or both.

Who knows? There is a possibility someone is doing all of this just for the fun of it, at the expense of everyone.

People can be terrible monsters, as one costumed hero movie exposits in detail.

Edited by zakame, 06 February 2012 - 03:04 AM.

#16 Gantrithor

Gantrithor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1083 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 February 2012 - 03:07 AM

Well, last time this happened, they actually DID give everyone free VIP soo... you know...

#17 Fonzie

Fonzie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 03:14 AM

Servers down again, lol.

#18 NaYeeH

NaYeeH

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts
  • LocationSingapore
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 06 February 2012 - 03:17 AM

I can't log on..so I assume the log in server is down AGAIN for the Nth time..

#19 Fonzie

Fonzie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 03:23 AM

Yeah, so back to playing LoL. Its free and its never down.

#20 Mwrip

Mwrip

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...

Posted 06 February 2012 - 03:43 AM

Yeah, so back to playing LoL. Its free and its never down.

I wouldn't say *never* down, but it is very, very, rare. They're definitely one of the most stable games I've ever played.

That being said...
LoL = 30 million players providing a budget well into the billions of dollars.
All of Gravity's games combined = I think around 50k players providing maybe a few mil per year... a giant chunk of which goes to kGravity as a franchise fee.

Unsurprisingly, one of those networks can afford all sorts of DDoS countermeasures (and a massively redundant network that's hard to hit even without them), and one very much can't.

#21 sukidayo

sukidayo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 03:48 AM

i bet the IT team is busy playing LoL..

#22 Rafa07

Rafa07

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 909 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie/Classic

Posted 06 February 2012 - 04:10 AM

The service provided by iRO its a joke compared to others online games even with less popular games, looks like that the first thing that care is sucking ppl money, its sad but its true even compared to some private servers that have more players online and that is all run by donations and still provide better service to people and dont care in making a few extra bucks every week.

Of course that iRO will compensate us with one more refine event to make ppl buy more enriched elus/oris or increase the % from transfering WP to KP

#23 zakame

zakame

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 04:14 AM

I wouldn't say *never* down, but it is very, very, rare. They're definitely one of the most stable games I've ever played.

That being said...
LoL = 30 million players providing a budget well into the billions of dollars.
All of Gravity's games combined = I think around 50k players providing maybe a few mil per year... a giant chunk of which goes to kGravity as a franchise fee.

Unsurprisingly, one of those networks can afford all sorts of DDoS countermeasures (and a massively redundant network that's hard to hit even without them), and one very much can't.

There's also the network architecture involved. LoL and most other modern network games use UDP for low-latency game client communication, with some TCP for other/high latency access (e.g., external pages, payment portals, etc.) RO on the other hand uses TCP for both low- and high-latency communication (I have confirmed this as I manage a firewall gateway at work and have opened ports for RO :( which leaves a lot of room for network troubles (DDoS attacks, in particular, exploit known issues of TCP to their advantage.)

#24 Wiggles

Wiggles

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 844 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 04:16 AM

Unless there are people who are already making large amounts of money off iRO, and have botnets freely available, and an event such as a 2x drops event would benefit them greatly.

Yeh i'm talking about those Chinese farmers.

#25 NoyoLim

NoyoLim

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 05:19 AM

I see that banning the IPs of many Regions didn't help after all..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users