#76 heartnotsubasa

heartnotsubasa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyria

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:42 PM

As you might have noticed the login servers have been having increased trouble everyday now. When the login server does go down, please try to limit your login attempts. Right now, they are NOT blocking regions. Right now the staff is going through logs and singling out IPs which are excessively overloading the login servers. The excessive checking of login server, which may be frequent and over a long time during the downtime -may- get singled out and taken as a DDoS attacker. By limiting your logins, they are then able to help you help them help you all. If you ARE singled out and you are NOT involved with DDoS, the process gets VERY complicated and a ticket needs to be sent. This is a very time consuming, long winded process and WILL greatly affect the time you are able to play. So once again, PLEASE try to limit your login frequencies during down time.

It would also be a good idea for everyone to scan your computer for malware and virus just to be safe and rule the obvious out.

Here are two online free scans:

If you have been blocked use this guide to show you how to run a tracert. How To Run a Tracert

To send a ticket:

• First click here
  • Click Submit a Ticket
  • Select Technical Support.
  • Type of issue choose, Lag/Connectivity
  • Next post the contents of the tracert run along with a short description.
  • Fill out the remaining information and click Submit.

One last thing, if you're involved or know someone involved in the DDoS attack, drop us a line, we'd love to hear from you. :(

Post on this topic to keep try of when the login server is up or down.

Please bear in mind that just because a server status update web page shows the server down or up may not reflect the true status of actually logging in. Server status page only assert whether its possible to successfully connect to the login server or not. If there is a hang up with the login server (such as network congestion caused by a DDoS) it will still accept connections but won't do anything beyond that.

THANK YOU! I'm back now! So happy!

#77 WinterGirl

WinterGirl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 339 posts
  • Locationbelow the cherry blossom tree c:
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:42 PM

awwww that's heartbraking ... we need to do stuff to get online ? ... i think i'm gonna take a vacation from ragna 4 a while if i can't do what u guys did.

#78 Fred05

Fred05

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:44 PM

THANK YOU! I'm back now! So happy!

what did you do to get in?

#79 lainee

lainee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 729 posts
  • LocationOceanic Eternity
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:44 PM

The login screen shows the server counts at 521, 463, and 1491.

That's a ton of bots missing from Valk.

Edited by lainee, 06 February 2012 - 11:00 PM.

#80 Azerk

Azerk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Server:Chaos, ex-Valkyrie

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:54 PM

Anyone can log in now? I still can't :(

#81 Telf

Telf

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:55 PM

i still can't too :(....arghhhhh

#82 MelodyRam

MelodyRam

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:07 PM

I can't either..been uplugging llike at least 10 times now....tomorrow is maintenance too..

#83 syxzero

syxzero

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:11 PM

servers have been up for a while, if you can't log in then you have been ipblocked. i was blocked too, had to switch to my 2nd network card that gets a different ip. easiest way to get back is to change ip. if you can't or don't know how then send in a ticket for unblock.

#84 miliardo

miliardo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1898 posts
  • LocationSan Diego California
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:16 PM

Ya I just tried again after 4 hours and still cant get in makes me not want to play either I hope there is woe tomorrow and I can log in

#85 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:18 PM

I really hope you guys have actually read the OP and sent in a ticket with the information. Sitting here and saying "Oh I hope I can log in soon" without doing anything will not help.

#86 MelodyRam

MelodyRam

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:23 PM

I already sent in a ticket like 2 hours ago.

#87 YuuMio

YuuMio

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:25 PM

can some one tell me why many ppl cant login , n me too. if u said gm locked our IP, why they do that? n If they did, why they dunt lock IP earlier, they were let everyone levled up untill now n locked their IP.

Zero: Answer to your question is in OP.

Edited by zr0rieu, 06 February 2012 - 11:29 PM.

#88 Zander

Zander

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2392 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:38 PM

cant log in again :(

#89 KataiKou

KataiKou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:40 PM

Tried to switch characters and got booted

#90 beaupoem

beaupoem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4239 posts
  • LocationMora
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:44 PM

me too :(
and ragial's been down for 6 hrs. what am i to do if i can't spend all the zeny i got from vending today?? XD

#91 aquaria

aquaria

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 381 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:46 PM

servers have been up for a while, if you can't log in then you have been ipblocked. i was blocked too, had to switch to my 2nd network card that gets a different ip. easiest way to get back is to change ip. if you can't or don't know how then send in a ticket for unblock.

Did the same thing, manage to get it. Just switched character and got booted. =\

#92 Namae1

Namae1

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:48 PM

Not really sure the OP is accurate. It seems more likely the network is having issues with some connections, unless your network team is heavy-handedly blocking IP ranges as opposed to specific IPs, in which case that should be probably be addressed in the OP.

I had been on the same IP for two or three weeks, and my IP was apparently "blocked" around 6 hours ago. IPs on two other major IP ranges that my ISP provides also failed to connected. It seems very unlikely that these three specific random IPs were problem sources, and it seems unlikely that it was the resolved host names that were blocked since I can connect now on yet a different range from the same ISP.

Not trying to complain with this post, just pointing out that everything may not be working as it's supposed to be or as it seems to be from your end. Also all of the IPs I was on had no issues with the tracert described, as far as I can tell. They all pinged through to www.playragnarok.com [128.241.93.60] in a timely manner.

#93 WinterGirl

WinterGirl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:51 PM

uhm.. noob question please answer right away.. when i click the external link "how to run a tracert" it says click start... but where will i click start ? please help me i really want to go online like other players .. or can the gm simply unblock me ? and someone please teach me how to do the tracert thingy please :C

#94 HumIsKing

HumIsKing

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:52 PM

OK heres the deal. Im trying to do the dragon event quest and these log in fails are really messing me up. 10 am today all the way past 11 I cant log in got to get ready for work n stuff. So now its 8pm ish and trying to fit all 9 chars in to do Quest with log in failures messes my whole quest up. Now this time tomorrow it will be to late with maint at 10pm and my quest reset at like 9:30pm. I want just 1 extra day of dragon events to make sure evertone get thier final turn in. RO has never fustrated me this bad in the last 7 years. Great event bad DC problems.

#95 Gantrithor

Gantrithor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1083 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:53 PM

What OS WinterGirl?

#96 WinterGirl

WinterGirl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:55 PM

windows 7 T^T

#97 WinterGirl

WinterGirl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:56 PM

can someone chat me on gmail so it would be faster ???

#98 Tony1245

Tony1245

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:57 PM

OK heres the deal. Im trying to do the dragon event quest and these log in fails are really messing me up. 10 am today all the way past 11 I cant log in got to get ready for work n stuff. So now its 8pm ish and trying to fit all 9 chars in to do Quest with log in failures messes my whole quest up. Now this time tomorrow it will be to late with maint at 10pm and my quest reset at like 9:30pm. I want just 1 extra day of dragon events to make sure evertone get thier final turn in. RO has never fustrated me this bad in the last 7 years. Great event bad DC problems.

Between all of what you said and the 32 fails in a row from +7 to +8 silver makes me feel the same way. Also had quest problems with the Overlook Dungeon and messed that quest up in a big way.
The worst time I have ever had playing RO in 6 years.

Elo

Edited by Tony1245, 07 February 2012 - 12:03 AM.

#99 YuuMio

YuuMio

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Now, the last way, i think that is submit 1 ticket to gm, n waitting for thet resolve, bcz dunt know how to do now, sigh.

#100 Gantrithor

Gantrithor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1083 posts

The start button is the wavy window thing that's red, blue green and yellow.

Edited by Gantrithor, 07 February 2012 - 12:01 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users