Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 07 February 2012 - 03:36 PM

Hello there everyone. I apologize to everyone who has been encountering login issues during these last few weeks, it certainly hasn't been the way we wanted to start off the year. As you have heard from Gravity and our volunteer mods, our login servers have been the target of a deliberate effort to close off access to the game through mass spamming of connections.

If you are receiving a 'failed to connect to the server' error before you even reach the server select screen, please note the time and try again after 30 minutes have gone by. If you are still unable to connect to the game and do not see a post on the forums or facebook announcing that there is a login issue, your connection may have been blocked.

Several connections that made large numbers of login attempts within a very short amount of time (generally periods of time that would be difficult if not impossible for a human to attempt) were the ones that were blocked. IP ranges (not regions) that had large numbers of suspect connection accounts were also blocked. If you have waited the 30 minutes and have checked to see that there is not a login issue for other people at that time, please do the following:

-Check to make sure that you do not have plugins/third party programs or any other outside programs that are attempting to rapidly contact the RO servers

-Perform a malware/virus scan on your PC to make sure that your computer has not been infected with a virus, unwittingly turning your PC into a zombie attack vector.

Please then submit a ticket to the CS Team here: https://support.warp...8e-a0c660decdcb

In the ticket, please include your IP address: http://www.whatismyip.com/

The CS Team will send your IP to the IT team to be checked out and unblocked. Please make sure to include as much information as you can in the ticket, this will definitely help the GMs to assist you. Once you are unblocked, please make sure that you do not hammer the login server or it could cause another block.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

#2 heartnotsubasa

heartnotsubasa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • Server:Valkyria

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:12 PM

Hello there everyone. I apologize to everyone who has been encountering login issues during these last few weeks, it certainly hasn't been the way we wanted to start off the year. As you have heard from Gravity and our volunteer mods, our login servers have been the target of a deliberate effort to close off access to the game through mass spamming of connections.

If you are receiving a 'failed to connect to the server' error before you even reach the server select screen, please note the time and try again after 30 minutes have gone by. If you are still unable to connect to the game and do not see a post on the forums or facebook announcing that there is a login issue, your connection may have been blocked.

Several connections that made large numbers of login attempts within a very short amount of time (generally periods of time that would be difficult if not impossible for a human to attempt) were the ones that were blocked. IP ranges (not regions) that had large numbers of suspect connection accounts were also blocked. If you have waited the 30 minutes and have checked to see that there is not a login issue for other people at that time, please do the following:

-Check to make sure that you do not have plugins/third party programs or any other outside programs that are attempting to rapidly contact the RO servers

-Perform a malware/virus scan on your PC to make sure that your computer has not been infected with a virus, unwittingly turning your PC into a zombie attack vector.

Please then submit a ticket to the CS Team here: https://support.warp...8e-a0c660decdcb

In the ticket, please include your IP address: http://www.whatismyip.com/

The CS Team will send your IP to the IT team to be checked out and unblocked. Please make sure to include as much information as you can in the ticket, this will definitely help the GMs to assist you. Once you are unblocked, please make sure that you do not hammer the login server or it could cause another block.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

I did wait for more than 30 minutes now! I scanned my computer with Norton anti virus and it says no threats have been found. I sent a ticket twice now, yesterday and one this morning. I don't use any illegal third party software. How long should I wait? Should I send another one? Please reply :P

#3 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts
  • LocationValhalla Dwarf NPC

Posted 09 February 2012 - 04:04 AM

You'll have to wait a few days for a ticket response. Likely after the weekend unless they check it some time Friday, especially if they have to look into it further. That's just the ticket wait time in my experience.

#4 ninjetik2

ninjetik2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 205 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:21 PM

how long is the maintenance gonna be?

#5 bigstuff17

bigstuff17

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 159 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:42 PM

ymir. unable to connect. reject by server(30). ugh.

#6 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD
  • Server:Chaos - Animosity Leader

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:43 PM

Ya

#7 blongx

blongx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:46 PM

valk server here.. Is login down again... -.-

Edited by blongx, 12 February 2012 - 06:47 PM.

#8 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:46 PM

indeed...

#9 duelisttrii

duelisttrii

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:55 PM

Login has been down for 30 mins & just a min ago, all of my chars was DC'd. Like there's a phenomenal or something

#10 egmckai

egmckai

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:56 PM

Same =[ At least I beat it with a job change /heh

#11 NoyoLim

NoyoLim

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:57 PM

I got a "rejected from server (30)"

#12 Chrisalyd

Chrisalyd

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 163 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:58 PM

hmm i was playing just fine then took a break & surprise!!!!
well im getting use to this .....

#13 Alanthier

Alanthier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1432 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:59 PM

I'm getting tired of this...i better not be unable to log in another whole day again bc i'm REALLY gonna rant

#14 GreatMajah

GreatMajah

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:59 PM

Well, I guess whoever the gutless pinheads that perpetuating these DDos attacks are finding some success i.e. driving many folks to go play other games. :unsure:

#15 Alanthier

Alanthier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1432 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:01 PM

Well, I guess whoever the gutless pinheads that perpetuating these DDos attacks are finding some success i.e. driving many folks to go play other games. :unsure:

yea was Vending on one computer, playing league of legends on the other then poof, can't get on either account i was vending with and so now ima just go play LoL until they decide to fix the server.

#16 Kobold M.D.

Kobold M.D.

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 208 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:02 PM

We are aware of this issue and are looking to get it back up asap.

#17 simca437

simca437

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 684 posts
  • Server:valkyrie

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:07 PM

rajected rejected rejected!! now wat!!@@@???

everytym i try to login this morning,i get the
same disgusting msg
Rejected from server(30)
what the hell is up with gravity?
u r suppose to b experts,why cnt u fix dis??

#18 Kobold M.D.

Kobold M.D.

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 208 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:07 PM

It's back up now.

#19 simca437

simca437

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 684 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:10 PM

We are aware of this issue and are looking to get it back up asap.

with these piles of login problems,i bet u gonna give a 10x exp week

#20 Alanthier

Alanthier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1432 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:13 PM

with these piles of login problems,i bet u gonna give a 10x exp week

Lol they wont, they never compensate for us, and if they do it's ONLY for VIP's, not us normal players who actually have to play to get anywhere

#21 frankSG07

frankSG07

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Locationseattle WA
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:02 PM

�More than 30 players are logging in with the same IP� started last night, hope that CS team will reply before i get home from work-_-

#22 simca437

simca437

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 684 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:49 PM

Lol they wont, they never compensate for us, and if they do it's ONLY for VIP's, not us normal players who actually have to play to get anywhere

yup

#23 simca437

simca437

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 684 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:50 PM

yup

#24 frankSG07

frankSG07

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Locationseattle WA

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:30 AM

Cant log in my accoubt,since last night but i can log in my other two.geez my VIP is rolling, wasting my money again !!!!!!!!!

#25 Krogoth1282

Krogoth1282

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:42 AM

Well the good news is.. I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users