February 7, Maintenance - Page 7 - Ragnarok: Patch History - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

February 7, Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
225 replies to this topic

#151 BIade

BIade

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 01:51 AM

Yeah, please extend the double drop. :P My guild mates and I couldn't finish the ET last Wednesday because of disconnections...

#152 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:01 AM

We made the upgrading use Cake, not Elu. Cake can be hunted from the Baba Yagas to great effect.

This should make it cheaper to do. Failure does destroy the hat though.

For hte question on Gramps map access. If you have a reuse timer for that map you can go back.
If you just completed turnin to go to "map 1" you can go back for your group without resetting to get the quest again.

Also if you outleveled the area and you have that reuse timer still for "map 1" you can go back there. The reuse timer is naturally 23 hours, so you shouldn't get interrupted while you are playing with your group.

#153 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:03 AM

For compensation on the lost VIP time, we know we have to do something for it. We are planning to, but doing it before the issue is resolved means we have to compensate multiple times rather than one time in a noticable fashion. We aren't going to forget to do a compensation, it just isnt time yet.

The drops event was actually compensation for the last 2 weeks.

#154 Armagh

Armagh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:03 AM

Is maintenance completed? Server opens?

#155 Uyraies

Uyraies

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationDC/Metro Area
  • Server:Ymir, Yggdrasil, Valkyrie

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:05 AM

LMAO.

Upgrading Cake with Cake.

Genius. :P

#156 Anahorika

Anahorika

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationYggdrasil
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:07 AM

Im thankful they are extending the dragon helm event!! :P

Please continue the x2 drop D: the server issues were really a let down for the x2 drop D:

#157 SunnySplash

SunnySplash

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:13 AM

Hey guys, when is maintenance expected to be over?

#158 Skotios

Skotios

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:21 AM

Just do what I did and change the music files to music you WANT to listen to over and over! Taiko Fury ftw!

#159 MiAmoreCadenza

MiAmoreCadenza

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • LocationBelfast, UK
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:25 AM

Yay now a chance to do the lunar quest to get the silver hat...cause I like silver...
Note: I love the NPC's name

Edited by RainbowDash2011, 08 February 2012 - 02:31 AM.

#160 Braska

Braska

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1353 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:30 AM

Servers up

#161 Dreimdal

Dreimdal

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 548 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:31 AM

could you make the comodo turn in up to 105? that way we can 96-99 there or take the 3h cool down off the 99 board in eden

I don't know if you've ever been there before, but Nogg Road second map (aka Magma 2) is still a very good place to get exp for 92-110 (even up to 120). You can either make a party and go there, or solo there if you have a +9 rideword hat.

The turn-ins are fine with gaps.

Edited by Dreimdal, 08 February 2012 - 03:50 AM.

#162 Tassie

Tassie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 190 posts
  • LocationKiel Khayr's Academy
  • Server:Chaos (Renewal)

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:55 AM

Refining is great for many gears, but whoever came up with this +8 to costume headgear idea is sadistic. There are enough chance-based mechanics in this game. Now that every single event has you grinding to roll dice over and over, fail repeatedly and break a lot of otherwise decent things is simply wasteful in regard to time and effort spent and the items you produce.

I can understand a series of quests, trading in one or two crafted hats and a handful of other relevant drops to get a costume headgear. The way it is now does not reward players based on their effort, it rewards players randomly by low odds. There's too much like this already, really think about it.

#163 pikachiquita5

pikachiquita5

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 314 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 04:33 AM

I sure hope the Baba Yaga drops a heck of a lot of cake, more so than even the Myst Case. I was just in Toy Factory 2 for about an hour......I did get a decent amount of cake, but if it takes 25 each time to refine, AND when you fail the hat actually breaks---unlike the Lunar New Year helm---this could be a hell of a lot of cake involved. Let's simply consider the use of cake for this endeavor. Optimistically for someone like me who can't overupgrade, even if I did it in 10 cake hats (and knowing me, I'd need more than 10):

• TO MAKE 10 CAKE HATS: each hat requires 20 pieces of cake to create = 200 pieces of cake
  • Say you use 4 elu to at least get the hat to +4:
    --Again, assuming it takes 10 hats to get there: 4 tries per hat, so 4 x 10 (=40) upgrade attempts to go from +4 --> +8
  • 40 upgrades with cake x 25 pieces of cake per try = 1000 pieces of cake

Total pieces of cake? 200 to make hats + 1000 used for overupgrading = 1200 pieces of cake!?@#!!

Granted, some people will get lucky and get it done in less tries, but I just wanted to put an example of how bad this could get. If anything, I would say the hat shouldn't break upon a failure; I would also say it shouldn't take such a large number of cake for an upgrade attempt. Otherwise you're either going to have to farm a crapload of cake, or start spending KP in order to get kafra ore to upgrade this thing. I think I have better things to do with my time than farm cake >.> Unfortunately, Heim, you overestimate the "ease" in creating this hat and then getting it to +8.

By putting the overupgrade restriction in place, and also forcing a breakage of this hat upon failure, it will impede or dissuade a lot of people from even wanting to participate in this quest you've created. Thanks for trying to make up a quest for us, but if it's going to be like this, I think I'll pass.

EDIT: This isn't even taking into account the other materials required---all the "sweets" required to make a hat, the required steel (many people may be out of steel due to the Lunar New Year quest ALSO requiring steel) and this was being generous by using elunium to get it to +4. Not to mention all the time it will take to gather all these ingredients in order to make the hats for this quest. Seriously, Heim, I know the cake hat seems simplistic to make, but when you add in all these stipulations, it becomes a royal pain in the butt. Please reconsider the difficulty....and to top it off, it's not even an attractive gear, lol.

Edited by pikachiquita5, 08 February 2012 - 04:47 AM.

#164 Pril

Pril

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 04:55 AM

Refining is great for many gears, but whoever came up with this +8 to costume headgear idea is sadistic. There are enough money milking events in this game. Now that every single event has you grinding to roll dice over and over, fail repeatedly and break a lot of otherwise decent things is simply wasteful in regard to time and effort spent and the items you produce.

I can understand a series of quests, trading in one or two crafted hats and a handful of other relevant drops to get a costume headgear. The way it is now does not reward players based on their effort, it rewards players randomly by low odds. There's too much like this already, really think about it.

Fixed for you. They'll probably make regular refines still possible, and everyone will just end up mighty hammer'ing it.

#165 Carp

Carp

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 04:59 AM

Not even an attractive gear? It is only a costume hat and yet it gives 60sp. I myself will make this costume across multiple accts. The difficulty on obtaining a +8 is just fair for what it gives, really.

#166 Uyraies

Uyraies

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationDC/Metro Area
  • Server:Ymir, Yggdrasil, Valkyrie

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:08 AM

Someone already has marked up Steel to 20k a pop. (On Valk) So says Ragial.

er.

You know, I was going to do this event, but the rewards for the effort involved really don't feel worth it.

I think I may just sell the cakes and cookies I got and save myself the trouble of getting a costume item that would just rot in storage in the first place.

Also, @Carp, in regard to it being unattractive, it's an unattractive gear in a sense that a cake on your head is just plain ugly and most people would never wear them even for aesthetic reasons. Though that's all a matter of taste. (haha. Cake. Taste.)

Edited by Uyraies, 08 February 2012 - 05:11 AM.

#167 BoxyBrown

BoxyBrown

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:27 AM

Nerf vending in Eden it's OP.

#168 queenyoshi

queenyoshi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:45 AM

The quest NPC is a human Pinkie Pie. I'm pleased. =]

#169 ayyien92

ayyien92

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:40 AM

how about the DDOS?

#170 mikeberserkr

mikeberserkr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 571 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:43 AM

how about the DDOS?

http://blog.gravityus.com/?p=2175

So many quests to do soo little time!!!!

#171 Pril

Pril

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:56 AM

Someone already has marked up Steel to 20k a pop. (On Valk) So says Ragial.

er.

You know, I was going to do this event, but the rewards for the effort involved really don't feel worth it.

I think I may just sell the cakes and cookies I got and save myself the trouble of getting a costume item that would just rot in storage in the first place.

Also, @Carp, in regard to it being unattractive, it's an unattractive gear in a sense that a cake on your head is just plain ugly and most people would never wear them even for aesthetic reasons. Though that's all a matter of taste. (haha. Cake. Taste.)

Steel can be made through Geneticist's change material using npc buyable Tsurugi's, averaging 3.9k per steel, so they shouldn't be that big of an issue.

#172 Shiroi17

Shiroi17

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 07:01 AM

Cake refining is normal elu rates?

+8 hat Odds = 2%

50 hats = 1000 cakes
8 refines = 200 cakes

8 refines on 50 hats = 10 000 cakes
11 000 cakes for a +8 hat on average, could much more! or much less!

Double drop cake = 16%
11 000 cakes at 16% drop rate is rougly 66 000 monsters killed.

I don't personally care because I was going to use enriched elu anyways, but 66 000 monsters is quite the grind! 13 Myst Case cards!
I'd honestly put 1 cake for 1 upgrade attempt.

Edited by Shiroi17, 08 February 2012 - 07:09 AM.

#173 elytsk

elytsk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:04 AM

HE Bubblegum will discontinue sale.

You guys removed it from the cash shop window, but forgot it in the Special Event Sales Kafra in Eden. Just thought I'd give a heads up.

Edited by elytsk, 08 February 2012 - 08:04 AM.

#174 pikachiquita5

pikachiquita5

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 314 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:06 AM

I don't personally care because I was going to use enriched elu anyways, but 66 000 monsters is quite the grind! 13 Myst Case cards! I'd honestly put 1 cake for 1 upgrade attempt.

I'm sure they'd say just one piece of cake is too little, but certainly I'd say 25 pieces of cake per attempt is far too much.

Maybe it shouldn't be a.....har har....piece of cake to create the hat, but I keep referring back to the similar Lunar New Year costume hat quest. It had an NPC that had safe upgrades, using the helms generated from repeated questing, and it still took a long time for me to get the final version. Even with multiple characters that could do it, doing the quest almost every day, and using elu to get the +4, it was hard for me to +8 the copper and silver versions in order to obtain the gold one. I think they should be taking their cue from how this quest was laid out.

Apparently, the steel can be easily obtained if people know a geneticist.....so can take that out of the equation, but the cake still remains. Not sure *why* this hat should be so irritating to obtain, especially if they are wanting people to quest with it. I suppose for some that 60 sp could be a great thing---an ugly 40% of a carat card hat---but for the most part I have no characters that can really get much out of it, so I really feel no drive to create this thing........have I mentioned it's ugly? =P

#175 Eressea

Eressea

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires, Argentina
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:17 AM

Why spotlight in Moscovia? my farming has come to an end for this week ):

Thank you for taking HE Bubblegum out of the market. That was clearly unbalanced.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users