February 7, Maintenance - Page 8 - Ragnarok: Patch History - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

February 7, Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
225 replies to this topic

#176 Versath

Versath

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:19 AM

I still can't see how cake on the head = valentines day :\

#177 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:24 AM

I don't personally care because I was going to use enriched elu anyways, but 66 000 monsters is quite the grind! 13 Myst Case cards!
I'd honestly put 1 cake for 1 upgrade attempt.

i agree
i just broke 8 hats, spending over 600 piece of cakes (i hoarded them) and ended up with a +7 which i then +3'ed by using HD Elunium
i thought i might get a somewhat fair success rate for using a whole 25cakes per upgrade, but nope.
theres no way a person with a "normal" amount of cakes in their storage is able to participate.

edit:
i used my leftover 200 cakes, made another 8 hats, refined them with enriched elu, got 1 +7 out of 8;
spent another 50 HD elu and barely got it back to +7.
so even with kafra points this is ridiculous hard to achieve.

Edited by Susan, 08 February 2012 - 09:59 AM.

#178 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:27 AM

Someone already has marked up Steel to 20k a pop. (On Valk) So says Ragial.

er.

You know, I was going to do this event, but the rewards for the effort involved really don't feel worth it.

I think I may just sell the cakes and cookies I got and save myself the trouble of getting a costume item that would just rot in storage in the first place.

Also, @Carp, in regard to it being unattractive, it's an unattractive gear in a sense that a cake on your head is just plain ugly and most people would never wear them even for aesthetic reasons. Though that's all a matter of taste. (haha. Cake. Taste.)

Stop using Valk server as an example for Market prices. We all know everything there is freaking overpriced.

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 08 February 2012 - 08:28 AM.

#179 Lordblight

Lordblight

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:38 AM

so the cake hats can break before getting to +8 i wonder if the gms have factored the annoyance of this.

#180 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:43 AM

so the cake hats can break before getting to +8 i wonder if the gms have factored the annoyance of this.

They didn't. They assumed you would resort to using the Kafra shop to get it. It's really all part of the "plan".

#181 Shiroi17

Shiroi17

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:46 AM

I'm sure they'd say just one piece of cake is too little, but certainly I'd say 25 pieces of cake per attempt is far too much.

1 Cake per attempt would require ~2400 monster kills which imo is "fine" considering it's supposed to be an event accessible to everyone.
But I understand what you mean.

#182 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:49 AM

If you make the cake droops 70-80%, then that's a different story.

#183 Codface

Codface

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:58 AM

Why hunt cake when you get elu at 22.5% chance of dewalu mobs.

1 HE gum and you'd get the 200-300 you need.

On side note these costume hats being sold in kp shop and if so, for how much

#184 Anchors

Anchors

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • Server:Chaos, when it's up

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:54 AM

• Toy Factory, Spawns doubled of the Christmas kind. Myst Case and Both Cookies.

!!! Much appreciated. :>

#185 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:59 AM

This is the point. There is no point to use pieces of cake to upgrade the cake. NO. POINT.

Just use normal eluniums if the hat can break at upgrade.

If the cakes gave a safe upgrade try instead, then this is another story.

#186 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts
  • Server:ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:00 AM

This is the point. There is no point to use pieces of cake to upgrade the cake. NO. POINT.

Just use normal eluniums if the hat can break at upgrade.

If the cakes gave a safe upgrade try instead, then this is another story.

yea i wish i "knew" that, i really expect a somewhat higher rate than regular elu when i burned my cakes :P

#187 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:10 AM

Can you fix the "Destruction Bonus" from 2 hand KvM SoD to do the same as the "Slaughter" one??

PS: Slaughter = (Upgrade Level - 5) * (Upgrade Level - 5) % atk

Edited by Wizard, 08 February 2012 - 10:11 AM.

#188 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:17 AM

Can you fix the "Destruction Bonus" from 2 hand KvM SoD to do the same as the "Slaughter" one??

PS: Slaughter = (Upgrade Level - 5) * (Upgrade Level - 5) % atk

How about doing the opposite to melee weapons? I think it would be better /gg

yea i wish i "knew" that, i really expect a somewhat higher rate than regular elu when i burned my cakes :P

As it was a hat already in the game... D:

#189 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:22 AM

How about doing the opposite to melee weapons? I think it would be better /gg

As it was a hat already in the game... D:

Nah... it would be great for Mage classes to have our "Destruction" Bonus to do the same as "Slaughter" ones.

I think people won't complain about magic that much =)

#190 Lordblight

Lordblight

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:35 AM

at least with the dragon hats you didnt have to worry about it breaking . it cake hats where like that from the cake refiner then it would be worth the time to farm pieces of cake. other than that you could bring the +9 hammer guy which would help a great deadl. Without any of these suggestions, it was a nice event idea but cake hats dieing made it all fail. :P

Edited by Lordblight, 08 February 2012 - 10:38 AM.

#191 pikachiquita5

pikachiquita5

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 314 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:00 AM

i agree
i just broke 8 hats, spending over 600 piece of cakes (i hoarded them) and ended up with a +7 which i then +3'ed by using HD Elunium
i thought i might get a somewhat fair success rate for using a whole 25cakes per upgrade, but nope.
theres no way a person with a "normal" amount of cakes in their storage is able to participate.

edit:
i used my leftover 200 cakes, made another 8 hats, refined them with enriched elu, got 1 +7 out of 8;
spent another 50 HD elu and barely got it back to +7.
so even with kafra points this is ridiculous hard to achieve.

^This. For an event that is supposed to be accessible to virtually anyone (minimum required level 45) the barrier to participate in this quest should not be this arduous. Yes, I know, I can simply not participate in your quest.....but in this case I would say that this overupgrade necessity was poorly thought-out. As shown above, even using kafra points this is a difficult feat to achieve.

Indeed, one could use elunium to overupgrade the cake hat, but I don't know how many people want to burn elu on this thing just to do the quest. If you make quests with the goal of having your whole community partake in it, it should not be something that sounds more like a chore to complete. As I've stated before, if you *MUST* have this +8 hoopla in place, you need to have a system where there is a safe upgrade like with the dragon hats; using pieces of cake in this manner would be appropriate in that case.

#192 Elo2

Elo2

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:03 AM

at least with the dragon hats you didnt have to worry about it breaking . it cake hats where like that from the cake refiner then it would be worth the time to farm pieces of cake. other than that you could bring the +9 hammer guy which would help a great deadl. Without any of these suggestions, it was a nice event idea but cake hats dieing made it all fail. :P

So far, I have "lost" 38 consecutive copper dragon hats in attempt to go from +7 to +8 silver. I would have rather had something like "5 hats" needed for upgrade. At least you would have known what you were up against. :omg:

#193 pikachiquita5

pikachiquita5

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 314 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:29 AM

So far, I have "lost" 38 consecutive copper dragon hats in attempt to go from +7 to +8 silver. I would have rather had something like "5 hats" needed for upgrade. At least you would have known what you were up against. :P

Imagine, though, this sort of thing is what they want us to do with the cake hats, yet there is no safe upgrade mechanism in place. However, I've more than said my piece for this already, so I'll just sit quietly and see what they do with this Valentine's thing.

#194 Aloria

Aloria

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:56 AM

I guess I got lucky. Made one Cake Hat +6, broke it. Made another Cake Hat with what little Elu I had and got +8. Now I have 3 Cake Hats I don't need....

#195 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 08 February 2012 - 12:15 PM

From all the responses here, it looks like making the hat can be a stressful errand. I guess I'll pass. :P

#196 Elo2

Elo2

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 08 February 2012 - 12:44 PM

From all the responses here, it looks like making the hat can be a stressful errand. I guess I'll pass. :P

When you are given an opportunity to do something that is supposed to be fun and it is so stressful that it is not worth doing, this is truly sad. :omg: Games are supposed to be fun. This is what I taught my 4 children. When you are not having fun or it is too stressful/competitive to have fun, it is time to quit.

Edited by Elo2, 08 February 2012 - 02:05 PM.

#197 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9324 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:41 PM

Valkyrie WoE 1 castles will be restored to pre Satu WoE ownership. The treasure the takers got for sunday/monday/tuesday is theirs to keep, but the old owners will get the remainder of the week and chance to defend next WoE.[list]

Wow. Gm's This is by far the dumbest thing you have done in history. You get ddos attack then you give free treasure to people. If you were going to allow people to get treasure still why the heck did you cancel woe? The point of cancelling the woe would be so that people dont get tons of treasure due to the fact that castles are so easy to get with all the players that were not online. So the smart plan you propose is to let the current castle holders get the treasure? Ingeneous. Hey guilds with castles currently: If you ddos attack the servers you get more treasure!

#198 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:46 PM

Wow. Gm's This is by far the dumbest thing you have done in history. You get ddos attack then you give free treasure to people. If you were going to allow people to get treasure still why the heck did you cancel woe? The point of cancelling the woe would be so that people dont get tons of treasure due to the fact that castles are so easy to get with all the players that were not online. So the smart plan you propose is to let the current castle holders get the treasure? Ingeneous. Hey guilds with castles currently: If you ddos attack the servers you get more treasure!

I think we'll all live.

#199 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:47 PM

As I've stated before, if you *MUST* have this +8 hoopla in place, you need to have a system where there is a safe upgrade like with the dragon hats; using pieces of cake in this manner would be appropriate in that case.

I fully disagree with this. You have at least 2 weeks to get one hat to +8. You can make as many as you want as often as you want. Which is totally different from doing a quest once a day and requiring you to go to +8 twice!

If you don't want to participate fine. The amount of work required to get a golden dragon helm is the same as getting this one. Heck this one is even easier as you can just buy all the ingredients without needing to participate in the event.

#200 Rutana

Rutana

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1553 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:53 PM

WHY CAKE HAT IT'S SO UGLY OMG WHO IS MAKING THESE EVENTS /rant

Why do we have to upgrade it to +8 to get the costume version, needed to do the quest, is also a good question ._.

I take that to mean no one else can propose or create quests? I'd prefer not to get banned, but I think I have a valid point.

And through what channel do normal forum users submit things now? We can't access the fungineer forum where this is drawn from, and the usual contest threads are ignored.

I highly appreciate EVERY quest or quest idea passed along. Right now the part of writers is very small, also because some have RL issues and can't work on quests right now, so I would love to have more writers on board. Even if it's just an idea, it's an idea less we have to come up with.
And as such, you can always pm me, too, if you want to push a quest forward. Oda and Heim might not have the time to always be able to quickly respond or working something out, but I do and I would love to share knowledge and help if needed. I can also push the quest forward (or copying it to fungi forums), credit to the writer of course - I won't take any of it, and help to provide everything which is in my might - which may not be much, but at least a bit knowledge in writing and scripting :omg:
So, don't hestitate to talk to "the german girl" if something's cruising in your head quest-wise. I'm the representive of the quest-committee and I like to take this job seriously :P

Regarding the cake hat, Heim allready said it: it wasn't my idea. I didn't planned in a headgear at all ^^
My original thought was to add special yoyo's on each map dropping the cacao. As I got told of the Moscovia Spotlight, I suggested to use the Pellet drop of Babayaga for it, since it's the most useless drop in whole Moscovia - but maybe it was to late to change it.
I'm not sad about it though, I just sighed about needing to upgrade a useless headgear to +8 just to being able to do the quest.
(btw, I instead wished for an special Pinky-Cupcake for singing the songe once a day, just giving some +10 stats or so... couldn't be done appearently XD)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users