February 7, Maintenance - Page 9 - Ragnarok: Patch History - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

February 7, Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
225 replies to this topic

#201 pikachiquita5

pikachiquita5

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 314 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 08 February 2012 - 04:01 PM

I fully disagree with this. You have at least 2 weeks to get one hat to +8. You can make as many as you want as often as you want. Which is totally different from doing a quest once a day and requiring you to go to +8 twice!

If you don't want to participate fine. The amount of work required to get a golden dragon helm is the same as getting this one. Heck this one is even easier as you can just buy all the ingredients without needing to participate in the event.

The difference between the dragon helm and the cake hat, though, is that they had an NPC implemented that allowed you safe upgrades on the helm. Therefore, getting it to +8 wasn't too bad / stressful. I'd say it's more work to make a bunch of hats, only to see them all break on you instead. I just don't agree with forcing people to have to overupgrade something to participate.

I guess all you'd have to do is buy cacao from people that do have the hat? I haven't gotten a chance to read how the quest works in its entirety. Like you said, I can just not participate---and I probably won't---but it just seems like half-baked idea of a quest. For a holiday/seasonal quest, I'd think it'd be some sort of fun opportunity, rather than some kind of stress-inducing event.

#202 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 08 February 2012 - 04:38 PM

i'd prob use 2-3k wpe for a costume angry snarl/ mr smile

Edited by Andini, 08 February 2012 - 04:42 PM.

#203 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:07 PM

Can you fix the "Destruction Bonus" from 2 hand KvM SoD to do the same as the "Slaughter" one??

PS: Slaughter = (Upgrade Level - 5) * (Upgrade Level - 5) % atk

^ This??

#204 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:10 PM

I think we'll all live.

Rattled? lmao

#205 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:47 PM

The difference between the dragon helm and the cake hat, though, is that they had an NPC implemented that allowed you safe upgrades on the helm. Therefore, getting it to +8 wasn't too bad / stressful.

Like I said that is because getting a single Dragonhelm was difficult and limited to only 1 a day. For the cake hat you can make hundreds in less than an hour. Dragonhelm also required you to get to +8 TWICE. So yes the dragonhelm needed the safe refine it still took you at least a week or 2 to get the golden one. But the Cake hat doesn't need that amount of time. Even if it breaks you can just make a new one. You needed at least ~40 dragon helms to get a golden one. And it is the same with this one. The only difference is that it breaks and you can get another instantly. People have just been so spoiled with the Safety certs and safe refine events that they think that every refine event needs to be safe when it doesn't.

#206 TsukishiroSayuki

TsukishiroSayuki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • LocationRune Midgard
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 08 February 2012 - 07:20 PM

Shadowchaser, Stalker and Rogues can get Eden Group weapon Bows from quest reward now, instead of only the Dagger.

Can the rogues that have the daggers because they did the eden quest before trade for the bow's?

#207 Elo2

Elo2

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:56 PM

So far, I have "lost" 38 consecutive copper dragon hats in attempt to go from +7 to +8 silver. I would have rather had something like "5 hats" needed for upgrade. At least you would have known what you were up against. :blink:

Now I am up to 52 consecutive upgrade fails.

Like I said that is because getting a single Dragonhelm was difficult and limited to only 1 a day. For the cake hat you can make hundreds in less than an hour. Dragonhelm also required you to get to +8 TWICE. So yes the dragonhelm needed the safe refine it still took you at least a week or 2 to get the golden one. But the Cake hat doesn't need that amount of time. Even if it breaks you can just make a new one. You needed at least ~40 dragon helms to get a golden one. And it is the same with this one. The only difference is that it breaks and you can get another instantly. People have just been so spoiled with the Safety certs and safe refine events that they think that every refine event needs to be safe when it doesn't.

52 consecutive fails upgrading from +7 silver to +8 silver.

#208 Thugmission

Thugmission

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:26 PM

Costume: Machoman's Glasses
"70's tough guy style sunglasses that give its wearer a manly swagger."
plox

#209 KataiKou

KataiKou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:44 PM

Man, I'm way too poor for these quests. I'm already shelling out a ton for dragon parts and steel, and now there's all this elunium that's required.

#210 Akin

Akin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:49 PM

The cake hat is my blame it fit a criteria we could use (we have a costume and normal version)

I'm trying to understand this comment Heim. Does it mean that you can only get costumes made by kRO if you already have a normal hat version of it?

#211 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:06 AM

OK I did the quest. Updated the wiki. Its implementation could have been better. I thought that the Costume hat was a REWARD for the quest. It is actually a Pre-request to finish the quest. >.< Which makes the quest much more annoying than it is meant to be. The actual reward for the quest is the ability to trade the drops from the costume for chocolates. But since this is only a temp quest. "Poor and new" players unable to get a +8 Cake hat like me lose out on a lot of farming time to take advantage of the trade in (which is quite good free SP items and stuff).

A good fix for next week is to make the normal cake hat drop the stolen cocao as well (Drop rate increased by refine rate) while using the Costume version will give you an increased chance.

Edit:
The cake hat fits with the whole sweets and chocolates and valentines cake stuff. But making it require +8 to participate in the quest is what people are complaining about.

Edited by Clogon, 09 February 2012 - 01:09 AM.

#212 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:11 AM

I think we'll all live.

The game won't with poor choices from people who run it.

#213 AimeeZ

AimeeZ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:52 AM

isn't scaraba 2 ti usually for 135-150?

you guys should just make the current scaraba 2 ti for 125-140 extend and also be the ti for the 135-150 next week. i don't think people would complain to have this ti 2x in a row.

#214 BIade

BIade

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 02:10 AM

isn't scaraba 2 ti usually for 135-150?

you guys should just make the current scaraba 2 ti for 125-140 extend and also be the ti for the 135-150 next week. i don't think people would complain to have this ti 2x in a row.

They won't do that. They never extended the same turn in for 2 weeks in a row. I guess they changed it now and Scaraba 2 is not for 135-150 anymore. I was even excited and have been waiting to have scaraba 2 to get my 150s characters job 50, only to find out it's now only for lower levels... Oh I really do hope it's not gonna be Bio3 next week though....

#215 AimeeZ

AimeeZ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 02:20 AM

first time for everything. scaraba 2 ti is the best ti (factoring in amount of time to do the ti and amount of reward). it should have been kept for the 135-150 range imo and it might as well just extend next week for the 135-150 range.

ugh. watch them make it ancient tree / phylla next week. or bio3. why do the 135-150 ti ranges have to be the ti quests that take a while?

#216 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 09 February 2012 - 02:27 AM

Of course, all my characters that I want to level are 141. And of course, now they stop making the only good TI in range of them :/

#217 Shiroi17

Shiroi17

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:24 AM

OK I did the quest. Updated the wiki. Its implementation could have been better. I thought that the Costume hat was a REWARD for the quest. It is actually a Pre-request to finish the quest. >.< Which makes the quest much more annoying than it is meant to be. The actual reward for the quest is the ability to trade the drops from the costume for chocolates. But since this is only a temp quest. "Poor and new" players unable to get a +8 Cake hat like me lose out on a lot of farming time to take advantage of the trade in (which is quite good free SP items and stuff).

A good fix for next week is to make the normal cake hat drop the stolen cocao as well (Drop rate increased by refine rate) while using the Costume version will give you an increased chance.

Edit:
The cake hat fits with the whole sweets and chocolates and valentines cake stuff. But making it require +8 to participate in the quest is what people are complaining about.

They could have even made the costume a 10% chances reward upon completion of the quest.

#218 Akshaysanwal

Akshaysanwal

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 709 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:26 AM

Its good that, they have allowed us to enter maps after our TI is over.
It helps a lot in levelling, though I don't even get time to level nowadays. :blink:

#219 AimeeZ

AimeeZ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:37 AM

am i the only one who wants the scaraba 2 ti to be extended for the 135-150 range next week? other people should say if they agree with me if they do to show i'm not in the minority here.

i'd like to think bio2 with all 6 monsters as the ti will return but i doubt it will.

i really think it might be ancient tree/phylla and that's just bleah compared to scaraba2.
or maybe it'll be parus + some other monster just to finish off the bifrost monsters.

#220 fgabriel26

fgabriel26

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:42 AM

why did you make valentine quest so unaccessible? please make cake safe upgrade

#221 pikachiquita5

pikachiquita5

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 314 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:44 AM

I fully disagree with this. You have at least 2 weeks to get one hat to +8. You can make as many as you want as often as you want. Which is totally different from doing a quest once a day and requiring you to go to +8 twice!

If you don't want to participate fine. The amount of work required to get a golden dragon helm is the same as getting this one. Heck this one is even easier as you can just buy all the ingredients without needing to participate in the event.

Edit:

This is the whole reason why I was having that whole previous debate with you in earlier parts of this thread about the requirement to +8 this hat to partake in the quest lol XDDD But I guess it was the misunderstanding about the fact that you *NEED* the +8 hat to do anything with this V Day thingy. It was why I was urging to have a "Draco the Dragon" NPC equivalent for this quest, because making it +8 as a prerequisite is silliness.

I guess one could just wait on people to get Stolen Cacao (is it tradeable?) and buy it from them so they can get the EXP and item reward, as a possibility? Otherwise, I'm totally OK with sitting this one out. I have noobs that need leveling, and Dragon Helm quest is still in, so I'm happy with that /no1

Edited by pikachiquita5, 09 February 2012 - 11:52 AM.

#222 Elo2

Elo2

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 09 February 2012 - 02:47 PM

I wouldn't mind the spotlights being longer, but there are more than a years worth already doing a new one every 2 weeks. The after effect of the spotlight is we fix or add reward for the quests in that area. Hence we did add EXP to the 3 amatsu quests now.

If you completed the quests, you can't get that additional reward, instead we added the girl who during the spotlight gives you a much larger reward for doing all those quests. She was giving upwards of 1.2M for having those 3 Amatsu quests done, where now it is only 700k. This is a fair reward for the effort.

The event was to get those that did the quests already to be rewarded, the after effect is meant to keep the quest good to do.

I understand, thanks for responding.
You could possibly extend it in such a way that when you are done with all of the cities, just start back over in Amatsu. Just an idea.

Edited by Elo2, 09 February 2012 - 05:09 PM.

#223 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:08 PM

This is the whole reason why I was having that whole previous debate with you in earlier parts of this thread about the requirement to +8 this hat to partake in the quest lol XDDD But I guess it was the misunderstanding about the fact that you *NEED* the +8 hat to do anything with this V Day thingy. It was why I was urging to have a "Draco the Dragon" NPC equivalent for this quest, because making it +8 as a prerequisite is silliness.

I guess one could just wait on people to get Stolen Cacao (is it tradeable?) and buy it from them so they can get the EXP and item reward, as a possibility? Otherwise, I'm totally OK with sitting this one out. I have noobs that need leveling, and Dragon Helm quest is still in, so I'm happy with that /no1

I totally thought the +8 cake hat was a reward... =(

#224 pikachiquita5

pikachiquita5

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 314 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:25 PM

I totally thought the +8 cake hat was a reward... =(

Yeah, unfortunately it's the dreaded first step to doing the quest, which is why I smacked myself upside the head when I saw you needed the costume version (after achieving +8) to induce the cacao to drop. I'm sure there will be those that will make some money selling the stolen cacao, as it's vendable (lolz at 900k per piece that I see here in Eden) for those lucky / tenacious enough to endure the making of the overupgraded cake hat.

I salute you all that are brave enough to do this quest XD

#225 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:35 AM

how long is the valantines quest/box in for? first page didnt leave me with much hope of finding info by reading thread :unsure:

Also if i read it right, does that mean the costume tab cake hat gives +60sp "free" and can still use regular headgears?

Edited by Hrothmund, 13 February 2012 - 05:36 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users