Eressea

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires, Argentina
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:52 PM

I was looking for a Test Server where I can see builds, similar to RMS Test Server. I did try this one, but unfortunately it is not up-to-date and there are many items missing. I know some private HR servers with 3rd jobs, but they don't even have Renewal system (3rd classes with free cast lol).

Is there one test server that you know that meets these two requirements?

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:36 PM

How about the official Sakray server? >.>

Sakray is also legal, unlike those other servers you mentioned.

Edited by DrAzzy, 08 February 2012 - 11:36 PM.

#3 Eressea

Eressea

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 10:18 AM

How about the official Sakray server? >.>

Sakray is also legal, unlike those other servers you mentioned.

Wasn't it in korean? Or is there a version in English?
Thank you ^^

#4 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 09 February 2012 - 12:00 PM

Our sakray server is in english, and has several NPCs in prontera to get you properly equipped for testing.

#5 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 09 February 2012 - 12:11 PM

Click on Client & Patches in my siggie, you'll find the sakray client there.

#6 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:35 PM

Our sakray server is in english, and has several NPCs in prontera to get you properly equipped for testing.

To expand on this:

Rates are 1/1/1 (so you can accurately judge how fast something would level you).

To level quickly, kill the respawning lunatics north of the fountain in pront (sometimes they wander off and need to be tracked down), they give a few million exp per kill. There's a punching bag to test skill damage, and npcs selling just about everything you can imagine. Also, for Mechanic/Genetic classes, there's an insta-levling npc.

#7 azhane

azhane

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 09:41 PM

To expand on this:

Rates are 1/1/1 (so you can accurately judge how fast something would level you).

To level quickly, kill the respawning lunatics north of the fountain in pront (sometimes they wander off and need to be tracked down), they give a few million exp per kill. There's a punching bag to test skill damage, and npcs selling just about everything you can imagine. Also, for Mechanic/Genetic classes, there's an insta-levling npc.

I seen somewhere yesterdays post saying there's no way to change class in sakray. Someone said jobchange quests not working, hope that's lie and I'll can test some things.

#8 Dugs

Dugs

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:35 AM

It was me who posted that.
Indeed you can't do the job for 2nd class job change. I've tried monk and knight so far, and none of them work since the NPCs that give you the quest treat you as a normal player, rather than a player which meets the conditions to do the quest itself

I hope they fix this, after they deal with the homunculus thing, if they ever read my posts.

#9 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:15 AM

It was me who posted that.
Indeed you can't do the job for 2nd class job change. I've tried monk and knight so far, and none of them work since the NPCs that give you the quest treat you as a normal player, rather than a player which meets the conditions to do the quest itself

I hope they fix this, after they deal with the homunculus thing, if they ever read my posts.

I see lots of people on sakray who are other jobs, so there's got to be a way to do it.

You do have to meet the normal jobchange requirements, though, just like on a main server. Since there are easy-leveling lunatics in town, getting the levels should not be a problem.

Also, what's this homun bug you're talking about? I don't see any posts by you in bug reporting or homun/AI forum...? Is it one of the ones everyone knows about (area skills, the stats of old homuns, flee based on wrong formula), or something else?

Edited by DrAzzy, 10 February 2012 - 10:17 AM.

#10 Eressea

Eressea

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 01:49 PM

Oh god, rates x1 in Sakray. That is just like leveling a character again. Still a good option though, thank you.

Edited by Eressea, 10 February 2012 - 01:50 PM.

#11 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 10 February 2012 - 02:04 PM

Oh god, rates x1 in Sakray. That is just like leveling a character again. Still a good option though, thank you.

You're not supposed to level there by killing normal monsters.

There are lunatics that instant spawn north of the pront fountain, and give millions of exp per kill (and being lunatics, die in 1 hit), and there's an npc that gives you 10 mil zeny whenever you ask, and npcs selling all gear you could ever want. The rates really don't matter unless you need some obscure item that the npcs don't sell.

Level by killing the lunatics in pront, not by killing other stuff... this seems to be a really hard concept to communicate to people.

#12 Dugs

Dugs

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 05:18 PM

I see lots of people on sakray who are other jobs, so there's got to be a way to do it.

You do have to meet the normal jobchange requirements, though, just like on a main server. Since there are easy-leveling lunatics in town, getting the levels should not be a problem.

Also, what's this homun bug you're talking about? I don't see any posts by you in bug reporting or homun/AI forum...? Is it one of the ones everyone knows about (area skills, the stats of old homuns, flee based on wrong formula), or something else?

Hey DrAzzy!

I'm not saying there is a Homunculus bug, just saying that if they kept only the geneticist/mechanic job changer, then they must be focusing to test that stuff more than others, so people can experiment Homunculus S before going into the main servers.

And, I know I am supposed to do the quests normally, but thing is, I can't.
I meet the job requirements, and class to make Knight quest for example, then I go into the Knight's Guild in Prontera, talk to the Chivalry Captain who gives me the quest, and he tells me to talk to the other knights to get their approval. When I go to talk to Sir Andrew for the first quest, he treats me as a normal character, instead of one who meets the requirements to do the quest, i.e. he just says stuff like: we at the cavalry are putting our best effort to protect and promote peace bla bla bla. That's all he does, therefore I can't job change.
I suppose people who are other jobs, already were like that before they took away the job change NPCs.

Here is a screenshot to prove this (I've went to base 99 already, out of boredom, but first time I tried, I was 60/50)

Posted Image

Am I doing something wrong?

Edited by Dugs, 10 February 2012 - 05:25 PM.

#13 Rafa07

Rafa07

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 909 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie/Classic

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:51 AM

i cant even change to thief, why not making instant level like it was on the WRC event?

#14 camiloplaza

camiloplaza

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 07:34 PM

for some reason i start the sakray server but nothing apears ..altho it says patch completed ....?? any idea?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users