Mini Valks #3 - Page 2 - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 7 votes

Mini Valks #3

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#26 KaiEX

KaiEX

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:14 AM

Actually, you're the only one complaining, and you ARE doing this for personal gain. If you really want the loot so bad, stay in the map forever and just hit it first, easy as that.
It's the same with other "High Tier" monsters as you call them. It's still KS, even if their loot is worth 625465216M. If you get banned for this, it's only because you didn't follow the rules. Maybe you'll follow them then.

#27 Raidius

Raidius

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • Locationmy chair
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:15 AM

so a maya purple that has better loot than... dracula for example, has more rights to be an mvp? again, thats just your opinion, its FFA all mini or none, has been for long time the later on.
if you want to believe its ffa go ahead and get yourself banned

#28 shado

shado

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 401 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:18 AM

Actually, you're the only one complaining, and you ARE doing this for personal gain. If you really want the loot so bad, stay in the map forever and just hit it first, easy as that.
It's the same with other "High Tier" monsters as you call them. It's still KS, even if their loot is worth 625465216M. If you get banned for this, it's only because you didn't follow the rules. Maybe you'll follow them then.

You are completely wrong with this statement. MVP's are fair game, and whoever gets the loot keeps the loot, end of story. I have already made a bryn before, and am close to completing one again. Whether something is changed or not will not effect this. If you cannot understand what I am saying, I am not going to devote any additional time in attempting to get it through your thick skull and bias shield.

Edit: Maya purple's only useful loot is the card, and is not relevant in this discussion. If maya purple dropped something at 50% chances that is worth 5-10 usd in wpe per kill, then it would be relevant.

Edited by shado, 11 February 2012 - 04:20 AM.

#29 KaiEX

KaiEX

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:35 AM

So, I'm biased because I want the game to be fair, while you're unbiased and fair, because you want to kill steal and get loot, while saying you're not doing this for profit?
That is golden logic.

#30 shado

shado

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 401 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:42 AM

So, I'm biased because I want the game to be fair, while you're unbiased and fair, because you want to kill steal and get loot, while saying you're not doing this for profit?
That is golden logic.

Are you trying to troll or something? You are trying to disagree with me for the sake of disagreeing, even though you say you want the exact thing that I do.

Fair is not "I found it first so the loot is mine." This is luck and only luck.
^Biased opinion intended to profit those unskilled enough to earn loot rights and want loot for free because of a good fwing

Fair is "I got loot rights by having a combination of First hit, Damage Dealt, and Damage Taken."
^My opinion.

I don't know what kind of logic you think you are using, but please read what I have written until you understand it, and then post something that makes some sort of sense.

#31 KaiEX

KaiEX

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:46 AM

First of all, you should look up what "trolling" means... Second, it's KS if it's a normal monster and not an MvP. If you want to compete with "First hit, Damage Dealt, and Damage Taken", then go find Valk Randgris, no one's going to compete with you on that one.

#32 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:50 AM

So much ignorance here. Everyone is replying with what THEY think is acceptable.
Most of the rules people abide by are made up by the community and you won't get in trouble if you break them.
I don't see why he's out of line for wanting a GM response.

#33 shado

shado

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 401 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:51 AM

First of all, you should look up what "trolling" means... Second, it's KS if it's a normal monster and not an MvP. If you want to compete with "First hit, Damage Dealt, and Damage Taken", then go find Valk Randgris, no one's going to compete with you on that one.

Eightieth of all, That is the entire point of this thread, thank you for summarizing it so nicely for me.

They should be changed to ffa if the CM's current viewpoint is that they are not.

Without a CM post, all this thread is is speculation.

Aka, please stop posting stupid and worthless posts, filling my thread with misinformation and obstructing the goal from view: A clear statement from a game manager on their viewpoint of competition for loot in regards to this specific monster.

So much ignorance here. Everyone is replying with what THEY think is acceptable.
Most of the rules people abide by are made up by the community and you won't get in trouble if you break them.
I don't see why he's out of line for wanting a GM response.

Thank you, I'm glad I'm not the only person on this forum that is capable of thought and reason.

Edited by shado, 11 February 2012 - 04:52 AM.

#34 Pres

Pres

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1427 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:56 AM

What you are basically looking for is an exception to the rule: that any monsters should not be ks-able- except for mini-valks. Even though I can agree with you that mini-valks are high-tier, with good drops and considered even hard to kill, the rules are there to insure friendly competition, and to deter people from using skill abuse to win over the other. Yes, even competition has its boundaries. Some rules and regulations are not always fair, but it is undeniable that mini-valks are not mvps. Does the mvp bubble come up after you kill one? Or do you receive a bonus experience and drop? No, you do not. To change that would mean making mini-valks into mvps, which is ridiculous. If you found the mini-valk first, got the first hit, that should mean you have possession and respectably loot rights. Why not try playing the rules in your favor and finding the mini-valk first? Do you really have to compete for both of them?

I believe you should use private messaging for a GM response and then come back here with the results. I really don't believe making this thread is productive at all, and especially when you are not looking for a general community response.

#35 shado

shado

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 401 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:59 AM

so incarnations like ghost that drops diabolus ring which is a lot more expensive than a flower or a shield should be FFA too?
another example zealotus that drops a ore for god item should be FFA? same for arc angeling???

im sorry if might sound a bit offensive, but the only one here that is thick skull and biased is you cuz you are the only that disagrees with the rules(not trying to be offensive at you but you took that attitude towards someone else opinion)

again rules have been made long ago, this is not something that changes from one day to another, just cuz 1 person feels like it

Once again, you are replying with something COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT.
Ghosts do not spawn twice every two hours.
There are not only two ghosts spawns in game.
Diab Rings drop at .06% Base. NOT 5%
Ghost can be farmed constantly all day long. Valks can not.

I could consider Zealotus in the same category as mini valks, but they simply do not matter as much as minis do.
Just so you don't reply with more irrelevant bs, this is because you only need ten rose quarts for asprika, and at a 15% drop rate, you get one almost every single time that you kill it, and they are much easier to kill than valks. These factors make it not as big of a deal as Minis. If it were up to me, I would see Zealotus and Arc angeling buffed to the same difficulty as Mini valks, and assign them a new loot priority tier. Hopefully you take the time to understand this post before posting again.

#36 shado

shado

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 401 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 11 February 2012 - 05:08 AM

What you are basically looking for is an exception to the rule: that any monsters should not be ks-able- except for mini-valks. Even though I can agree with you that mini-valks are high-tier, with good drops and considered even hard to kill, the rules are there to insure friendly competition, and to deter people from using skill abuse to win over the other. Yes, even competition has its boundaries. Some rules and regulations are not always fair, but it is undeniable that mini-valks are not mvps. Does the mvp bubble come up after you kill one? Or do you receive a bonus experience and drop? No, you do not. To change that would mean making mini-valks into mvps, which is ridiculous. If you found the mini-valk first, got the first hit, that should mean you have possession and respectably loot rights. Why not try playing the rules in your favor and finding the mini-valk first? Do you really have to compete for both of them?

I believe you should use private messaging for a GM response and then come back here with the results. I really don't believe making this thread is productive at all, and especially when you are not looking for a general community response.

I appreciate the intelligent reply.

I think you are mostly agreeing with me, but are missing my point.
If they were FFA, then the competition would be equal and friendly until someone started to abuse skills such as pnuema, as members of your guild have done to me to try and prevent competition. This fact is not something I want to discuss, as I have already sent a ticket and is not relevant to this discussion, I simply want to make you aware that the only people I have dealt with that are being unreasonable are members from your guild.

Getting comped can be frustrating, but it is an important part of the game and I welcome it. It makes the end result that much sweeter. That being said, being told that since the opposing player has found the monster first, regardless of how long it takes and if he can kill it at all, the loot is his, is not competition. If someone is trying to bash it to death with a RK, for example, he shouldn't deserve the loot simply because he got on screen first, when I have spent the time making an optimizing a character specificly to compete with other players in order to earn the loot I am trying to get. He did not take the proper steps to outclass me by the games own mechanics for loot rights, and therefor it is not fair logically that he is entitled to any loot dropped.

This is why I want an official response, because without one from them that everyone can see, it will continue to be a he said she said matter. All I want is a ruling by the owners of the game, so that I can abide by either decision instead of listening to people moan and complain and try to get me banned for playing the game completely legitimately and fairly.

#37 Shanden

Shanden

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 280 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 11 February 2012 - 05:11 AM

Is there a TL;DR for this post?

I basically got that your trying to find out why mini valks arnt FFA because they drop an item used to create a God item witch is competed for in WOE?

God item competition is in woe. Without the castle you can't make it... Soo... No need to make mini Valks FFA.

But seriously add a TL;DR. 5a.m and posting from an iPhone that was a painful read.

#38 shado

shado

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 401 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 11 February 2012 - 05:17 AM

Is there a TL;DR for this post?

I basically got that your trying to find out why mini valks arnt FFA because they drop an item used to create a God item witch is competed for in WOE?

God item competition is in woe. Without the castle you can't make it... Soo... No need to make mini Valks FFA.

But seriously add a TL;DR. 5a.m and posting from an iPhone that was a painful read.

TLDR: God pieces are not the leading time factor in making a bryn. Valk flowers are. This may be different on ymir, I don't play there. On valk and ygg, having 100 flowers = having a bryn ready to make.

Therefor, minis should be FFA in order to create completely fair competition for their loot, and not give more value to the "I found it first" than getting loot rights from hitting it first intends.

Pretty much how I feel.

Edited by shado, 11 February 2012 - 05:19 AM.

#39 shado

shado

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 401 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:24 AM

He's just mad because he came from a really good guild in Valkyrie but is making excuses he can't compete with Valkyrie guild in Yggdrasil because of us having god items and/or MvP cards??? I feel like posting some of the garbage and trash talk he said to my guildie but that would totally just derail the thread and he would start attacking me like a wild canine with rabies.

I'm not going to glorify this with a response. If you want to have an arguement, PM Me. Do not post things like this in this thread please.

#40 shado

shado

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 401 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:29 AM

Rules are rules.

You know the rules

You steal a mob someone else found first.

You do it repeatly

You get a ban.

Stop being an ass hat and accept if someone else finds these first they got it ok.

Now stfu.

Not really, ask any lawyer

Wrong, hence reason for this threads existance trying to get clarification

You're right, I did take loots away from your group of four people

You're right, I did take your loot multiple times by myself

I did not get banned or even warned.

I will not bend to a weaker person just because they say so.

Get the :unsure: out of my thread with this garbage. You and yours are trying to get me aggravated, and it wont work. I'm not going to let you troll me into getting the thread locked before I get a CM response, so just grow up and knock it off for a change.

#41 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:35 AM

FYI, Codface is Loki's Realm, not Valkyrie so if you want to make enemies with them too, go ahead.

And I can tell you right now, there's no way in hell that guy is "weaker" than you when you get to see his equipment.

#42 shado

shado

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 401 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:38 AM

I could care less about his yours or my equipment. You obviously did not understand my meaning.

Just stop posting in this thread. I'm leaving for work and cant sit here to counter the stupidity you dream up, so just knock it of ffs.

#43 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 11 February 2012 - 07:45 AM

What people in this thread are telling you is correct. As far as rules enforcement goes, there are two kinds of monsters: MVPs and non MVPs. "Mini-bosses" are treated like non-MVP monsters and are subject to that set of rules. They are not free for all.

Perhaps instead of fighting with all the other posters here and the mods, you might have just sent me or Corvus a PM.

#44 Lexanord

Lexanord

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 07:59 AM

The Sith Lord Jedi Master's back and have spoken, satisfied now?

Thank you Darth Master Oda for clarifying stuffs over here and stop this non-sense debate once and for all. :unsure:

Edited by Lexanord, 11 February 2012 - 08:02 AM.

#45 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:09 AM

The Sith Lord Jedi Master's back and have spoken, satisfied now?

Thank you Darth Master Oda for clarifying stuffs over here and stop this non-sense debate once and for all. :unsure:

you are so clever pokemon master!! :waddle:

#46 Lexanord

Lexanord

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:21 AM

you are so clever pokemon master!! :waddle:

Why, thank you. :unsure:

#47 DarkDan

DarkDan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1280 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:34 AM

Entertaining post shado lol :unsure:

I get your point but you got denied. Not only that but you now have to quit KSing. Oda gave you the rules and probably will not show you any leniency if you get screen shoted killing somebodies mini valk.

#48 Versath

Versath

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:34 AM

Still going on this? everyone who has posted has told you the same thing, if you want a response from oda/hiem only then PM them and wait, or if you want a response from a GM open a ticket then wait, either way no one is going to agree with you mini-valks are not FFA as they are not a MVP, if your argument is based off of the loot they drop then any mob that drops loot that people would want should be FFA.

#49 Gantrithor

Gantrithor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1083 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:54 AM

There used to be an NPC in the old novice training grounds that said "KSing is bad, mm'kay?"

It wasn't made up by the community.

Edited by Gantrithor, 11 February 2012 - 08:54 AM.

#50 WNxAnima

WNxAnima

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 09:56 AM

cry. more. bro.

4: God items are to be competed for in order to be made. This is why WoE exists, and is what the game revolves around. Brynhild is a god item, is no different, and is not exempt. There is no logic or reason behind obtaining ownership of these monsters simply because you walked onto the screen first. If you are able to be beaten in getting loot rights, which were created with the sole purpose of settling disputes such as this, then you do not, by the mechanics of the game, deserve the chance at getting the items from it during that kill. You were already given a major advantage by getting the first hit (Has the most priority in deciding the loot rights), you have had more time than the copetition to deal damage. If you do not obtain the loot rights, it is because you did not do enough damage in order deserve them more than your competitor. You have equal opportunity, as does your competition, to try again with the next spawn.

By your logic, every monster that drops a God item component should be FFA? Arc Angeling drops Agate's, and there is only one of him minus E.T., so he shouldn't be protected as well? Incubus for Rose Quartz? Follow the rules and don't kill steal.

Edited by WNxAnima, 11 February 2012 - 10:09 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users