couple of mins before valk woe and I cant login - Page 7 - Archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

couple of mins before valk woe and I cant login

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
155 replies to this topic

#151 zakame

zakame

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:36 AM

They can't afford it, not enough income for a game with such a small playerbase.

In this day and age where major web applications are moved to the "cloud" (really, highly-redundant virtual machines, and where bandwidth/cpu time is computed by the instance/hour,) I doubt they can't afford it.

I think it is really more of a matter where the game's programming is really showing its age. The core server code was probably not anticipated to last this long, let alone be "renewed" and have major content added.

#152 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:26 AM

GMs made this thread so they'd only have to ignore 1 thread.

#153 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:47 AM

except this thread is made by carp.

#154 Pitt007

Pitt007

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:28 PM

trolololol

#155 Krogoth1282

Krogoth1282

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:21 PM

GMs made this thread so they'd only have to ignore 1 thread.

except this thread is made by carp.

um...win! :unsure: Scuba you may want to do a little more reading before you blame GMs. GMs are limited to what they do outside of the game. As for connection issues this is usually handled by their IT dept. Everyone in the RO team is doing their best to fix problems as they occur. Being under appreciated by customers does not help the cause just makes things worst. GJ so far GMs for what you guys have done. There are always 2 solutions for a problem: (1) bad decision or (2) worst decision. :waddle:

#156 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:50 PM

Glad I didn't woe yesterday. Also glad that last time I only purchased one month VIP (most of which ran out during these DC issues, with a 'compensation' which would require me to pay in order to receive my 'compensation', thank you) instead of six months.

I really hope the 'DDoS attack' has ginormous proportions, like, hundreds of thousands attacking machines, anonymous style. Else, I don't know how servers which are supposed to support thousands of connections (RO game servers expect several thousands of players ideally, right?), with a wide wide broadband to support those thousand of connections, asking for help from their provider could stay as bad as day one of attack after four weeks of starting the attack.

Sorry if I'm not being helpful and saying "GMs fight-o, keep up the good job, woo-hoo! ^^". I understand the problem, but there are several decisions which doesn't make me happy, apart from the inability to dispel the attack more properly. The 'compensation' for VIPs was a very bad idea, the mighty hammer 'compensation' was another bad idea, and generally, the message of 'everything it's ok as long as money comes' feels more straight than ever, at least for me. I wasn't even a kafrashop happy customer, so I guess gravity won't care if I stop paying the little I did, but still, it would be nice if these issues were handled a bit different.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users