#26 Krimmy

Krimmy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • LocationRl'yeh
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 10 September 2010 - 08:48 AM

Everyone saying spanish/portuguese/whateverthe-_- should be allowed has an invalid point because the moderators have said more than once that this is an english speaking forum. Keep foreign languages in guild forum. It's that simple. It's obnoxious to sift through that, and this is coming from the guy in USA, when most of my guild is Serbia/Croatia/Godknowswherebutit'sdefinitelynotamerica-land.

#27 RealiBrad

RealiBrad

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 331 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 08:49 AM

why do you have to even read it? if they post in a language, you dont understand, just leave it be. Nobody is forcing anyone to read, or understand anything.

#28 Vosk

Vosk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2431 posts
  • LocationZ.O.G.-controlled Corporation of the USA
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Cash Shop killed game.

Posted 10 September 2010 - 08:49 AM

fine.

----
Future Job Posting:

Employer: Gravity Interactive, U.S.
Title: Community Moderator
Required: applicants should speak every language on the planet, certainly all in North America (including all Native American dialects and Aleutian subdialects, and the ability to communicate with the Yanomami). should also be able to put up with literally mountains of-_- from all directions at almost all times.

#29 RealiBrad

RealiBrad

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 331 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 08:52 AM

fine.

----
Future Job Posting:

Required: applicants should speak every language on the planet, certainly all in North America (including all Native American dialects and Aleutian subdialects, and the ability to communicate with the Yanomami). should also be able to put up with literally mountains of-_- from all directions at almost all times.

not sure what that has to do with anything. We are talking about what should or shouldnt be allowed on the forum, not what requirements someone needs to get employment

#30 MakoXD

MakoXD

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7028 posts
  • Server:TERA

Posted 10 September 2010 - 08:53 AM

and im pretty sure some GMs/CMs postd somewhere this is a International Requiem version , not english(only) , not US , not NA . all countrys (except some that have own versions , like Japan/Korea). but since gravity / gms / cms and more players are english we should keep other languages im guildthreads / guildforums.

and i suggest to add a rule like "3 day forum ban if you keep using non-english in this forum(except guildthreads)"

#31 Famous

Famous

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6209 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 10 September 2010 - 08:55 AM

fine.

----
Future Job Posting:

lmao

wtf is yanomami lol

#32 RealiBrad

RealiBrad

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 331 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 08:55 AM

you are the same people that complain about content on TV and in music.

If you are all so annoyed by other languages, just dont read it. Nothing says that you have to help anyone. Nowhere does it say you must understand every post made. So why do you all care so much about what language is used?

Hell, 90% of you just want to flame anyway, so whats the big deal?

#33 Luxiemg

Luxiemg

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1204 posts
  • LocationVenezuela

Posted 10 September 2010 - 08:56 AM

lmao

wtf is yanomami lol

A large population of indigenous Amerindian people in South America

#34 Vosk

Vosk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2431 posts
  • LocationZ.O.G.-controlled Corporation of the USA
  • Server:Cash Shop killed game.

Posted 10 September 2010 - 08:57 AM

lmao

wtf is yanomami lol

it's this tribe of kinda short indiginous people from South America. they trip out in the forest on broths straight out of Macbeth, lol. one of my professors went and lived with them for a year and had lots of fun stories.

Brad, that's my point. you can't expect a multilingual forum without mulitlingual CMs, and like Confused and others have pointed out, not practical.

#35 DanteLucian

DanteLucian

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 642 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 09:00 AM

and this is coming from the guy in USA, when most of my guild is Serbia/Croatia/Godknowswherebutit'sdefinitelynotamerica-land.

THIS^
Just to give the rest an idea, FS have people from: Serbia, Croatia, United states, Venezuela, Panama, Poland, Germany, etc... my point is, all use different languages, and wanna know how we all understand each other? because we use the most common and easiest to learn language wich turns out to be the language the game uses, is called ENGLISH. Why the-_- should be different in forums?

Edited by DanteLucian, 10 September 2010 - 09:01 AM.

#36 RealiBrad

RealiBrad

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 331 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 09:03 AM

Then how practical is it to allow people to play a game, where there is no official language, nothing stating anything on the topic? People dig up where a mod said something in a long lost thread.

I can see the trouble a CM might have, but, Community Chat is not the correct place to ask a Mod anything. Community Chat is supposed to be a place where the games entire community talks to each other. If someone can pay to play, then why cant they speak their own language. If people dont understand it, then so be it, it just wont get a reply. If something is submitted to a Mod, and it kills them to copy and paste into google trans, then ask for it in english.

But to suggest people should get a suspension or chastised in any way is stupid.

#37 RealiBrad

RealiBrad

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 331 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 09:06 AM

"and wanna know how we all understand each other? because we use the most common and easiest to learn language wich turns out to be the language the game uses, is called ENGLISH. Why the-_- should be different in forums? "

That is perhaps the most ignorant comment about language that I have ever seen.

English may not be the hardest (subjective by nature) but, by not metric can you possibly say that English is the easiest language to learn.

#38 XRay

XRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3371 posts
  • LocationCroatia
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 10 September 2010 - 09:07 AM

THIS^
Just to give the rest an idea, FS have people from: Serbia, Croatia, United states, Venezuela, Panama, Poland, Germany, etc... my point is, all use different languages, and wanna know how we all understand each other? because we use the most common and easiest to learn language wich turns out to be the language the game uses, is called ENGLISH. Why the-_- should be different in forums?

add Russia, Finland, Sweden, Japan, Philippines, UK, Romania, Spain, France, Bosnia, Montenegro, Macedonia, Israel too I think ;o

@brad basic english grammar is a joke and you can pick the words up everywhere, and I can assure you, english is easier to learn than any other language....

Edited by XRay, 10 September 2010 - 09:10 AM.

#39 Atanathar

Atanathar

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1728 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 10 September 2010 - 09:08 AM

Do i detect a bit of racism in this thread....

#40 Rapsod

Rapsod

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3611 posts
  • LocationCroatia
  • Server:Your Mom

Posted 10 September 2010 - 09:09 AM

huston we have a problem

#41 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 09:10 AM

You really love being an hypocrite don't you? Dante once said that hypocrites were condemned to carry long robes made with gold but that were forged with lead in the inside. You fit perfectly with that :o

And why i would be an hypocrite in this case? lol, you dont even know what you said. If you mean that i am an hypocrite for said that you are an ignorant while i am not, you are wrong, i never said that i dont ignore things: i dont know how to speak lots of languages, dont know much about quantum phisics, and i am not a very good carpenter, and dont know how to make a bottle of glass, or how to repair a car, that between many many things. I dont dare to call someone else ignorant, at least not without "you are an ignorant in this or that", but most times, not even that.

The only hypocrit and ignorant of your own ignorance here, is you.

Edited by Nadesh, 10 September 2010 - 09:10 AM.

#42 RealiBrad

RealiBrad

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 331 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 09:10 AM

Do i detect a bit of racism in this thread....

if you do, then get your detector checked, because we are talking about languages which are not inherent to any "race". Maybe some anti-nationalist, but not racism.

#43 DanteLucian

DanteLucian

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 642 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 09:11 AM

Well for once, we are talking about the retards that sadly, I have to live with, so I know for sure it has nothing to do if they know the language or not (I garantee you, many of them do know english), problem is that all they want to do is to get some sort of attention to feed their disgusting and retarded needs. We are not talking about people you can reason with, we are talking about :o kids who's hormones made them seek for attention like freaking whores.
We (by that I mean me and people who speak both languages) suggested ways to help them post in english so everyone understands, but they are so into their complex of watching other countries as a superior force, so they gather around and protect the only thing they have left in common, wich is their language.
You CAN NOT be nice with this kind of people, there's already a lot of insulting going in their own language being posted in their thread, that I garantee you if a gm knew spanish, they would be banned long time ago.

Edited by DanteLucian, 10 September 2010 - 09:21 AM.

#44 RealiBrad

RealiBrad

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 331 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 09:11 AM

add Russia, Finland, Sweden, Japan, Philippines, UK, Romania, Spain, France, Bosnia, Montenegro, Macedonia, Israel too I think ;o

@brad basic english grammar is a joke and you can pick the words up everywhere, and I can assure you, english is easier to learn than any other language....

In what way is english easier to learn?

#45 Rapsod

Rapsod

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3611 posts
  • LocationCroatia
  • Server:Your Mom

Posted 10 September 2010 - 09:13 AM

funny thing now we have russians in game and latinos on forum :) :o

#46 XRay

XRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3371 posts
  • LocationCroatia

nad I think you like pokemon coz ur statement is totally Posted Image

#47 Atanathar

Atanathar

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1728 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Hi im portuguese!! :o

#48 RealiBrad

RealiBrad

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 331 posts

Well for once, we are talking about the retards that sadly, I have to live with, so I know for sure it has nothing to do if they know the language or not (I garantee you, many of them do know english), problem is that all they want to do is to get some sort of attention to feed their disgusting and retarded needs. We are not talking about people you can reason with, we are talking about :o kids who's hormones made them seek for attention like freaking whores.
We (by that I mean me and people who speak both languages) suggested ways to help them post in english so everyone understands, but they are so into their complex of watching other countries as a superior force, so they gather around and protect the only think they have left in common, wich is their language.
You CAN NOT be nice with this kind of people, there's already a lot of insulting going in their own language being posted in their thread, that I garantee you if a gm knew spanish, they would be banned long time ago.

Im not really sure how fair that all is. You posting and giving your opinion means you want to be heard. That means you want peoples attention. If you did not want attention, you would not spend your time typing something out.

Edited by RealiBrad, 10 September 2010 - 09:14 AM.

#49 DanteLucian

DanteLucian

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 642 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 09:14 AM

And why i would be an hypocrite in this case? lol, you dont even know what you said. If you mean that i am an hypocrite for said that you are an ignorant while i am not, you are wrong, i never said that i dont ignore things: i dont know how to speak lots of languages, dont know much about quantum phisics, and i am not a very good carpenter, and dont know how to make a bottle of glass, or how to repair a car, that between many many things. I dont dare to call someone else ignorant, at least not without "you are an ignorant in this or that", but most times, not even that.

The only hypocrit and ignorant of your own ignorance here, is you.

Nah, was because I find funny how you pretend to be helpful but at the first try you have to flame me (wich I also do, don't worry, you don't need to point that out) you take it and do it. So please, turn around and go back to your corner and think on a smarter answer.
Difference is that unlike you, I actuall don't give a-_- what people think about me, so I have no problem saying I troll you or anyone else, now you... you are hypocrisy itself made flesh. Now what, you gonna take it on me because I trolled you before? grow the-_- up.

Edited by DanteLucian, 10 September 2010 - 09:20 AM.

#50 XRay

XRay

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3371 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 10 September 2010 - 09:14 AM

In what way is english easier to learn?

did you try learning any other languages?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users