Probability of cards - Game Discussions (archived) - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Probability of cards

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Makyura

Makyura

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:18 PM

I need an explanation of what is happening, i have one weapon with 3 dark priest cards, so when i'm using it i have 5% of draining 30% of sp from my enemy, and i think its wrong, it should be when im attacking there is a 15% of draining 10% of sp from my enemy. so if i get a weapon with 3 bloody knight cards (Add a 2% chance of auto casting Level 1 Meteor Storm on the enemy when attacking.) will i get the same 2% and wasting 2 cards? and the same for haitii babe, breeze, familiar, and exactly the same for dracula card. And i think there are many players who want to know this.

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:39 PM

I didn't know how Dark Priest stacked, but okay. I am not surprised it stacks that way. Presumably they chose to do it that way for a reason (i'd prefer 5% chance of 30% drain vs 15% chance of 10% drain, if I was using a weapons like that - 10% drain nobody would even notice, at least 30% drain is enough to be noticed)

Effects that give a % chance of inflicting an "old school" status (blind, curse, stun, freeze, stone, poison, etc), give 1 chance (at the stated rate) per card, and if any of them succeed (and target doesn't resist the status) then they are afflicted with the status. Effects that inflict new statuses (like Cursed Hand's crit wounds) work as autocasts, because they cast the skill that inflicts it, see below.

Effects that give a % of damage dealt back as SP (not drain enemy's SP effect like dark priest) stack exponentially, ie, a 2% chance of regaining 2% of damage dealt as HP (or SP), if you used two of those, you'd have a 4% chance to get 4% of damage dealt as HP (or SP)

Autocast effects which cast the same skill (regardless of level), while doing the same thing (either while taking or dealing damage), NEVER STACK, and in fact override eachother - whichever one you put on most recently takes effect.

If i put on a gazeti card (autocast cold bolt lvl 2 on attacking), and then put on an ice falchion (autocast cold bolt when attacking), the gazeti card would not do anything, and the ice falchion would work. If you then take off the ice falchion, the gazeti card won't work until you take it off and put it back on again, or until you relog. You can actually use this to your advantage with the ROFL set - the ROFL set autocasts Sonic Blow, which breaks control-click - but so does injustice carded weapon. So you put on your ROFL-ROR set, then put on an injustice-carded dagger, then take off the dagger and put on your real weapon, and you can control click and get all the ROFL-ROR autocasts, except the evil control-click breaking sonic blow.

Also, moving this to game discussion, since this is not a bug report, but a question about card mechanics.

Edited by DrAzzy, 13 February 2012 - 01:47 PM.

#3 Mutoh

Mutoh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:19 PM

Wait, so dark priest card actually drain sp?

#4 Thexare

Thexare

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • LocationLaying on the ground somewhere
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:26 PM

Autocast effects which cast the same skill (regardless of level), while doing the same thing (either while taking or dealing damage), NEVER STACK, and in fact override eachother - whichever one you put on most recently takes effect.

On a related subject, does this apply to other sources of autocasting? More specifically, would a Kasa Card (autocast Firebolt and Fireball) override Hindsight's autocasting, if I had selected one of those two spells?

And, on a related note, if I had a Kasa muffler equipped and then equipped a Fireblend, would Kasa's Fireball still trigger, or is the entire effect negated?

(should work, but you never know with how buggy RO is...)

Edited by Thexare, 13 February 2012 - 10:26 PM.

#5 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:16 PM

On a related subject, does this apply to other sources of autocasting? More specifically, would a Kasa Card (autocast Firebolt and Fireball) override Hindsight's autocasting, if I had selected one of those two spells?
I _think_ hindsight is different.
And, on a related note, if I had a Kasa muffler equipped and then equipped a Fireblend, would Kasa's Fireball still trigger, or is the entire effect negated?
Fireball still works
(should work, but you never know with how buggy RO is...)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users