St. Valentines's day Maintenance 2/14 - Ragnarok: Patch History - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

St. Valentines's day Maintenance 2/14

• Please log in to reply
381 replies to this topic

#1 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:54 PM

• - Release exploit is "fixed' Re-reading the Book skill has an aftercast delay (should not matter at all for normal game play)
  • homunculus resetter is put in Lighthalzen outside Geneticist job change
  • Valentines Day part 2, gangland style is put in for a month.
  • VIP bonus event continues through the month, started last Friday, get 100% drops and exp instead of 50% bonus with VIP
  • Battle Grounds Crystals should have their plant defense back and not be 1 shotted.
  • Geneticists should all be able to get bioethics skill back normally even if they didn't pic kit up when trans.
  • Grandma Boxter is in!
    Party Hard Pack 1200
    Early Wrapped Christmas Box 2000
    Battle Manual X3 150
    +20 Basic Food Box 400
    Mental Potion 30
    Slotting Advertisement 300
    Pty Assumptio Scroll 13
    Pty Blessing Scroll 20
    Pty Increase Agi Scroll 20
    Safe to 7 Headgear Certificate 100
    Safe to 7 Armor Certificate 100
    Safe to 7 Weapon Certificate 100
    HE Bubble Gum 80
    Job Battle Manual 70
    Heroic Desocketing Book 1000
    Heroic Backpack 1200
    Elephant Hat 600
    Scarlet Rose 600
    Koneko Hat 600
    Aquarius Crown 400
    Aquarius Diadem 400
    Heart Eyepatch 500
    Spearman Scroll 10 30
    MVP Hunt Box 300
    Mega Resist Potion 6
    Mystical Amplification Scroll 6
    Valentine Hat 500
  • Grandpas Turnins
    90-110 Turtle dungeon
    - Heater
    - Assaulter
    115-130 Rachel Sanctuary 4
    - Agav
    - Echio
    135-150 Thor Volcano 2
    - Kasa
    - Salamander
  • Upstairs eden group trainer that asks you for the answer in your journal now correctly takes answer "10 Jellopies"
  • Valkyrie Castles will be restored to 6pm today rather than 15 minutes until the end. This means that the way the WoE ended is how it will be after maint.
  • Re-Use times on Ygg Seeds = 3 seconds, Yggberries 5 seconds. This is what other versions settled on.

Homunculus Resetting NPC, info from Heim:

With the Maintenance on 2/14 we are adding an NPC to Lighthalzen outside the Geneticist job change area
She asks those with a homunculus if they want to reset, if they agree and type in the code it sets
Player is then asked to delete their Homunculus and talk to NPC again.
NPC tells them to get a Homunculus they like and level it, on 21st we will set all Homun owned by characters with the proper variable or higher to just a little south of loyal.

On the 28th we will also set them to loyal again (so 1st week adopters get loyaled twice).

Posted Image
NPC will look like a femGM, and will be added with maint.

Heimdallr :
Summoner will be leaving for a while on 2/28 as we work on a revamp.The reason for this is multi layered, for 1 we want it to be a bit more engaging than a show up kill and logout affair. That is rewarding but boring and doesn't fulfill the "epic" that an MVP fight deserves. Also we want the price structure to make a bit more sense than it does currently, some MVPs were basically free to repeatedly summon which creates a bit of an economy problem. And finally we want to change the way the maps look and how you get in them.
We have tried to update events in the past and the community reaction was so negative that it is less problematic to remove, and then reimplement it properly. This is an iRO custom content and it must evolve as the need requires. In the mean time there are many other events to go after, and it will make a return soon.

2/15 maintenance update notes here: http://forums.warppo...restart-update/

#2 viceroyblue

viceroyblue

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 01:03 PM

1st! lol

Edited by viceroyblue, 14 February 2012 - 01:03 PM.

#3 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 01:05 PM

Skill based cooldown on release?

#4 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 14 February 2012 - 01:07 PM

By Summoner you mean the MVP Summoner?

#5 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts
  • Server:ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Posted 14 February 2012 - 01:09 PM

Summoner will be leaving on 2/28

what summoner?
just wondering, since there's no way you can mean the MVP summoner.

;)

#6 razirazo

razirazo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 717 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 14 February 2012 - 01:13 PM

what summoner?
just wondering, since there's no way you can mean the MVP summoner.

;)

If it is MVP summoner
I sense another uproar similar to green ales and WoE time episode.

Edited by razirazo, 14 February 2012 - 01:13 PM.

#7 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD
  • Server:Chaos - Animosity Leader

Posted 14 February 2012 - 01:13 PM

Skill based cooldown on release?

+1

#8 viceroyblue

viceroyblue

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 01:26 PM

RO should put in a banking/financial system to make the economy more dynamic and bring excitement to the game. You see when you banned those massive botters, you also took away their gazillion zenies off the system hence you "crashed" the economy. Now the remaining zeny hoard are in the hands of the ultra rich players with no interest in using their zeny if they know items are deflating in value. This triggers more deflation and crisis.

Now those lucky boxes might have rev'd the economy a little, but if you put in a banking system in the game, then zeny will circulate more fluidly making for a healthy in game economy. And I want to be the first Fed Chairman, ok? ;)

Edited by viceroyblue, 14 February 2012 - 01:27 PM.

#9 shado

shado

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 401 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 14 February 2012 - 01:43 PM

RO should put in a banking/financial system to make the economy more dynamic and bring excitement to the game. You see when you banned those massive botters, you also took away their gazillion zenies off the system hence you "crashed" the economy. Now the remaining zeny hoard are in the hands of the ultra rich players with no interest in using their zeny if they know items are deflating in value. This triggers more deflation and crisis.

Now those lucky boxes might have rev'd the economy a little, but if you put in a banking system in the game, then zeny will circulate more fluidly making for a healthy in game economy. And I want to be the first Fed Chairman, ok? ;)

oshi

someone that made sense on wp forums

#10 Elementald

Elementald

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts
  • LocationProntera

Posted 14 February 2012 - 01:47 PM

Why is the MVP Summoner Leaving

#11 KayT

KayT

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 14 February 2012 - 01:47 PM

Homunculus Resetting NPC, which will eat the current homunculus pre-renewal stat version and give them a new one. Next maintenance we will set the new homunculus to near loyal and will be repeated the next week. Details to come soon.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..... And i just deleted few days ago my loyal evolved 101 lvl Vani bc of his low stats, to make new homun...And now this .... Why now? ... Couldnt be earlier? At least properly annouced /sob

Edited by KayT, 14 February 2012 - 01:49 PM.

#12 rivermans

rivermans

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 514 posts
  • LocationProntera in the World of Rune Midgard
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 14 February 2012 - 01:59 PM

Placeholder, and a preview of the update tonight:

Valentines day quest part II will be added

Boxter coming in

VIP bonus in

Homunculus Resetting NPC, which will eat the current homunculus pre-renewal stat version and give them a new one. Next maintenance we will set the new homunculus to near loyal and will be repeated the next week. Details to come soon.

Which Summoner is leaving? If its the MVP Summoner your wronging the VIP'S big-time and will probably lose alot of players as well. Hope the GMS are prepared for the Griping that's gonna occur. Are you guys trying to kill the population and make this game already filled with tons of bugs and unfixed issues die.

#13 ChrisWintermoon

ChrisWintermoon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 606 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Ymir (VIP)

Posted 14 February 2012 - 01:59 PM

If this is the MVP Summoner:

- are you trying to kill the game? I do know a lot of people who only logs in for 2x daily MVP Summoner and WoE (if its playable)
- removing the Summoner out of the sudden for really no reason at all is like you are begging for more DDOS (We already know that they did that cause of WoE)
- if you remove it you have a big reason lost why people buy VIP...

pls make clear what you mean by ,,the summoner" and be sure that you are neither drunk nor under any ffect of any kind of drugs or medicine while you or whoever is in charge for such silly desicion decides this.

seriously

#14 Pres

Pres

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1427 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:04 PM

I also agree that MVP summoner should stay. Who is making these suggestions!? Fun-gineers?

#15 Falcifer

Falcifer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 355 posts
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:06 PM

Guess they don't want any more "floods" of MVP cards coming into the system easily anymore, eh ;)
Clarification on "summoner" would make people panic less, or more depending on the answer >_>

#16 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:07 PM

Oh two questions:

1- Effects for Cupid's Target;
2- Will there be a less boring way to +8 our cake hats? D:

I also agree that MVP summoner should stay. Who is making these suggestions!? Fun-gineers?

http://forums.warppo...-and-proposals/

Just go read it. Is there any "omg send the summoner gone"?

Edited by asayuu, 14 February 2012 - 02:09 PM.

#17 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:12 PM

summoner will leave as they will implement mvp cards in kafra shop ;)

#18 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts
  • Server:Chaos (Yggdrasil☻RIP)

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:23 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..... And i just deleted few days ago my loyal evolved 101 lvl Vani bc of his low stats, to make new homun...And now this .... Why now? ... Couldnt be earlier? At least properly annouced /sob

put in a ticket ask if they can restore it
never hurts to ask

Edited by Helios0, 14 February 2012 - 02:24 PM.

#19 Mutoh

Mutoh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:24 PM

Why is the MVP Summoner Leaving

Probably because of the tons of BB thanks to daily queen?

#20 Anchors

Anchors

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • Server:Chaos, when it's up

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:28 PM

Well.. There goes my #2 reason for logging on... #1 being a combination of AFKing and chatting with my guildies (with leveling via TIs being a distant #4 behind events. Counting on VD (hurr) event part 2 to be good/fun/otherwise engaging~).

I do have to say, if I had to come up with a complaint about anything about the way Gravity goes about things, my one consistent complaint, so insignificant until this point that I never really felt the need to bring it up because it has provided me with such excellent service elsewhere (believe it or not, you silly QQers, you~), would be the short notice we've been given with regards to various high-impact changes to the servers. Whether it be WoE changes posted a week in advance (thus, the backlash), ale changes posted days? in advance (also backlash-y), lucky box changes literally a matter of about two hours before maintenance (this time, due to pre-emptive backlash) after having the maint notes posted for the better part of a day (sold my first RoR based on one of these, only just got my second one days ago), I mostly just shrugged these issues off because, well, they haven't affected the services I'm paying for with VIP subscriptions - the paid service with Gravity that I value most. There was no reason to complain.

But this time there is. Why are we being notified only two weeks in advance on the removal of a significant VIP perk when the shortest VIP subscription is about twice that? If this information was posted elsewhere two or more weeks ago, why was it not posted here where the bulk of RO forum-browsing takes place? On a related note, why is the summoner being removed in the first place? If it's the absurd quantity of MVP cards and gear on the server, aren't the likely culprits the groove box that flooded the servers with literally tens of thousands of BBs and all the double drop periods we've been getting?

No, I'm not quitting. No, I won't be on RO only to chat. And no, it didn't escape my notice that we haven't had a flood of BBs via Kafra shop in a long while now. I understand that perhaps Gravity is choking off routes for the server to gain excessive quantities of MVP cards and gear. I also realize the stance of one customer isn't going to change much if anything, and that this change may very well be necessary for prolonging the life of the game. But, next time, can we at least get considerably more realistic notice, even if we don't get a say, even if we aren't given the reasons? Seriously, that's about all I need to adapt to changes. That simple courtesy would be MUCH appreciated.

#21 Lelouch

Lelouch

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:31 PM

both my homunculus will be very happy. ;) I hope the mvp summoner is staying cuz I don't want to compete with that one guy Zee on ymir for mvps lol

#22 razirazo

razirazo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 717 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:36 PM

Summoner need some rest.
Gramps too. He staying for too long; thousands of his massacre was granted. he should be able to die a happy old man now.

#23 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:37 PM

It's going to be leaving for a while, not saying the departure is permanent. The idea being to make it more appropriately epic before it returns.

I think in that situation you might want to send a ticket in explaining your situation to see if you can get it restored to that time.

#24 razirazo

razirazo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 717 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:43 PM

..and please say it is scaraba or biolab.

#25 Chris

Chris

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:45 PM

VIP bonus?
Wasn't that already in from last week?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users