St. Valentines's day Maintenance 2/14 - Page 2 - Ragnarok: Patch History - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

St. Valentines's day Maintenance 2/14

• Please log in to reply
381 replies to this topic

#26 Shanden

Shanden

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 280 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valk

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:46 PM

Well.. There goes my #2 reason for logging on... #1 being a combination of AFKing and chatting with my guildies (with leveling via TIs being a distant #4 behind events. Counting on VD (hurr) event part 2 to be good/fun/otherwise engaging~).

I do have to say, if I had to come up with a complaint about anything about the way Gravity goes about things, my one consistent complaint, so insignificant until this point that I never really felt the need to bring it up because it has provided me with such excellent service elsewhere (believe it or not, you silly QQers, you~), would be the short notice we've been given with regards to various high-impact changes to the servers. Whether it be WoE changes posted a week in advance (thus, the backlash), ale changes posted days? in advance (also backlash-y), lucky box changes literally a matter of about two hours before maintenance (this time, due to pre-emptive backlash) after having the maint notes posted for the better part of a day (sold my first RoR based on one of these, only just got my second one days ago), I mostly just shrugged these issues off because, well, they haven't affected the services I'm paying for with VIP subscriptions - the paid service with Gravity that I value most. There was no reason to complain.

But this time there is. Why are we being notified only two weeks in advance on the removal of a significant VIP perk when the shortest VIP subscription is about twice that? If this information was posted elsewhere two or more weeks ago, why was it not posted here where the bulk of RO forum-browsing takes place? On a related note, why is the summoner being removed in the first place? If it's the absurd quantity of MVP cards and gear on the server, aren't the likely culprits the groove box that flooded the servers with literally tens of thousands of BBs and all the double drop periods we've been getting?

No, I'm not quitting. No, I won't be on RO only to chat. And no, it didn't escape my notice that we haven't had a flood of BBs via Kafra shop in a long while now. I understand that perhaps Gravity is choking off routes for the server to gain excessive quantities of MVP cards and gear. I also realize the stance of one customer isn't going to change much if anything, and that this change may very well be necessary for prolonging the life of the game. But, next time, can we at least get considerably more realistic notice, even if we don't get a say, even if we aren't given the reasons? Seriously, that's about all I need to adapt to changes. That simple courtesy would be MUCH appreciated.

This^

#27 Anchors

Anchors

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • Server:Chaos, when it's up

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:47 PM

It's going to be leaving for a while, not saying the departure is permanent.

Thanks for the clarification (and the update on the patch notes which will save at least some QQing), but already got any idea for how long and what changes are coming? My VIP ends in three days; is it going for only a week, or is this a longer leave of absence?

I don't mean to be so persistent on the issue, but any further details would also be appreciated!

@KayT
Also gonna say that it's worth sending in a ticket. They've restored less for me when I've made a mistake.

#28 Sackof

Sackof

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:48 PM

is Valentines day part 1 staying in this week?

#29 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:52 PM

Valentines part 1 is staying in.

VIP bonus?
Wasn't that already in from last week?

It was announced in a mid-week maintenance update so it's being re-shared here.

#30 balong

balong

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 03:03 PM

boxter will recycle the items from dragon groove pack?

#31 Shanden

Shanden

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 280 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 14 February 2012 - 03:08 PM

Valentines part 1 is staying in.

It was announced in a mid-week maintenance update so it's being re-shared here.

2x EXP. Go go.

#32 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 14 February 2012 - 03:17 PM

boxter will recycle the items from dragon groove pack?

Yes, Boxter will be taking Mega Resist Potions and MVP hunt boxes, among other things.

#33 mixmatch

mixmatch

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 03:24 PM

any hints as to what making summoner more epic could include? any estimate on length of his sabbatical?

its nothing to quit over but it would be nice to have use of it while the VIP bonus was in effect.

#34 balong

balong

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 03:28 PM

thank you ODA.one last question.Getting lucky box items,gears will be enclude as well?

#35 kotoyuri

kotoyuri

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 February 2012 - 03:33 PM

FU TO WHOEVER BOUGHT ALL THE MEGA RESISTS!!!

ahah

#36 Channa

Channa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • LocationOn, Canada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 14 February 2012 - 03:54 PM

Lunar quest leaving?
I haven't gotten my silver helm to +8 yet /sob It ate 9 helms and didn't wanna go from +7 to +8

#37 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts
  • Server:Chaos (Yggdrasil☻RIP)

Posted 14 February 2012 - 04:04 PM

FU TO WHOEVER BOUGHT ALL THE MEGA RESISTS!!!

ahah

i saw someone selling HUNDREDS of those.. for many days.. oh if only he'd known.. XD

also..

Homunculus Resetting NPC, this will eat the existing homunculus and allow the GMs to track participating characters. You may need to recreate a homunculus of your choice after this. During the next maintenance, the GMs will set your new homunculus to just below loyal. The next week, the GMs will set it to loyal again.

so heres the timeline...

Charmander ----------------------Loyalty----------------------> (910 LOYAL) + Stone of Sage->
Charmeleon ---------------Loyalty----------------------> (910 LOYAL) ->
Charmeleon w/ uber Flamethrower Ability ---------Leveling---------> (lv99) + Quest ->
Charizard w/ uber Flamethrower Ability -------------Leveling------------------------------------->
lvl 150 Charizard with Uber Ability Flamethrower and all stats at 150

this NPC is gonna eat a Charizard "OR" Charmeleon and poop out a charmander with a special GM microchip embeded under its collar?
then the following maintenance the collars will be activated firing 10,000 volts of Loyalty into the now gooified charmanders...?
more to follow?

Edited by Helios0, 14 February 2012 - 04:09 PM.

#38 Choxie

Choxie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 04:04 PM

Can anyone elaborate the homonculus resetter/eater o_o

#39 Allysia

Allysia

• Members
  • 519 posts
  • LocationIn a better Place.
  • Server:My Company

Posted 14 February 2012 - 04:15 PM

If the Summoner will leave I'll quit. It's time to find a new official server for me.

#40 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 04:21 PM

If the Summoner will leave I'll quit. It's time to find a new official server for me.

Cuz any official server is babied as badly as iRO. Good oneeee

#41 Skotios

Skotios

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 04:24 PM

iRO is seriously babied....it's good and bad. Overall good though (imo) because we're so close knitted with the GM's compared to anyyyyyy time in iRO's history!

I'm digging all the update notices...scared to see if Lunar is gonna vanish but it got the 1 week extension everyone was griping about last week so I'm not holding my breath, plus there were some people emoing to take it out sooooo....owel. ;)

#42 Akin

Akin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 14 February 2012 - 04:24 PM

Homunculus Resetting NPC, this will eat the existing homunculus and allow the GMs to track participating characters. You may need to recreate a homunculus of your choice after this. During the next maintenance, the GMs will set your new homunculus to just below loyal. The next week, the GMs will set it to loyal again.

What do you mean by "You may need to recreate a homun..."?

Clearly didn't read Oda's posts...

#43 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD
  • Server:Chaos - Animosity Leader

Posted 14 February 2012 - 04:27 PM

Release cool down?

#44 Allysia

Allysia

• Members
  • 519 posts
  • LocationIn a better Place.
  • Server:My Company

Posted 14 February 2012 - 04:31 PM

Cuz any official server is babied as badly as iRO. Good oneeee

I tried various official servers, and I can continue to make it. Anyway this remember me another stupid thing from GMs as the server merge that some "ppl" wanted...and that in the end it brought only a big loss of players...

After to have ruined the WoE at the PVP lover, now the GMs want ruin also the life at the other players...what is the next step? Merge Valk and Ygg on Ymir?

#45 Laurynthia

Laurynthia

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • LocationEngland
  • Server:iRO Ymir

Posted 14 February 2012 - 04:37 PM

Summoner will be leaving for a while on 2/28 as we work on a revamp.

Hopefully this will not be for too long as it is the main reason that I keep my account VIP and login each day.

Currently there is little else for me to do.

#46 Gantrithor

Gantrithor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1083 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 04:38 PM

They're just changing the summoner system. They're taking it out while they fiddle with it, then they are putting it back in.

#47 Kiehl

Kiehl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 04:38 PM

I fail to see the reason why removing the current summoner while it's being revamped, especially if there is no clear indication about how and when it's going to come back.
Some clarification and a clear action plan would be in order to contain the massive raging.

#48 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 14 February 2012 - 04:48 PM

People tend to get upset if an existing event gets modified while it's still in, it's considerably easier for us to take down the existing event and launch the new one a little bit later. People will understand that it is a new event and we build anticipation for the new thing. More details will be coming.

#49 Maknificent

Maknificent

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 05:02 PM

y'all better fix release

#50 Shiroi17

Shiroi17

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 05:04 PM

People tend to get upset if an existing event gets modified while it's still in, it's considerably easier for us to take down the existing event and launch the new one a little bit later. People will understand that it is a new event and we build anticipation for the new thing. More details will be coming.

I understand wanting to rework the MVP summoner, but why not leaving it there and post updates weekly on the rework so it's not a surprise when it changes? We are losing an important VIP feature, do we get something else for it? =/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users