Just a thought on the costume system. - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Just a thought on the costume system.

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 CaptainJim

CaptainJim

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 180 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:RE:START

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:17 PM

I was just thinking it'd be nice to have the ability to have blank costume slots, to essentially make headgear you're wearing vanish. Would help in the event you want to wear headgears that have good stats but you don't necessarily care for the way they look. Or if you just like to fix the fact that wearing an upper / middle / lower headgears all together can make the character's face look a bit too cluttered.

In any case, interested to hear other's thoughts on this.

#2 Gantrithor

Gantrithor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1083 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:21 PM

I suggested this before, but the thread was soon banished to pages gone yonder.

I support this idea fully. I would even pay for a Costume: Invisible Hat or something similar that does just this.

#3 Kimea

Kimea

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts
  • LocationWhere the sun shines
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:39 PM

Or just give us an option to "hide" the look of the headgear we are wearing if we want to.

#4 VocaloidP

VocaloidP

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:14 AM

I recommend making every headgear a costume
and cancel the stats when wore as a costume

seriously......I don't like any of the costumes right now
and the headgears I like don't have good stats.....

#5 Hanfeizi

Hanfeizi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 430 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:20 AM

Regular sakkat is the best-looking headgear ever (not that gay wanderer sakkat)

Edited by Hanfeizi, 15 February 2012 - 12:20 AM.

#6 morakdais

morakdais

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:24 AM

I am certainly tired of seeing the stupid looking cake hat on.

#7 Drak231

Drak231

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 548 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:15 AM

I recommend making every headgear a costume
and cancel the stats when wore as a costume

seriously......I don't like any of the costumes right now
and the headgears I like don't have good stats.....

http://forums.warppo...__1#entry737785

#8 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:45 AM

kR has an npc that allows you to trade various regular hats in for costume versions. I asked Heim about making the cute ones (small ribbons, romantic flower, etc) costumes and he said that has to go through HQ to ensure the item IDs for everything lines up internationally so items don't get overwritten, but HQ is aware of the demand and the ball is rolling on us getting that stuff it sounds like.

#9 ForTheCity

ForTheCity

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:57 PM

I was just thinking it'd be nice to have the ability to have blank costume slots, to essentially make headgear you're wearing vanish. Would help in the event you want to wear headgears that have good stats but you don't necessarily care for the way they look. Or if you just like to fix the fact that wearing an upper / middle / lower headgears all together can make the character's face look a bit too cluttered.

thats not a bad idea. sometimes i hate the outfits and just want the gear for the stats. hmmm this could work!

#10 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:16 PM

That's actually a pretty good one.

#11 CaptainJim

CaptainJim

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 180 posts
  • Server:RE:START

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:40 PM

Yeah, I was just thinking I like keeping a more simplistic look on my characters when possible but at the same time it sucks when you have to gimp your stats to do so. Now that we have a costume system out I was thinking from the beginning it would be nice to take the stats from high end gear but then customize your look to suit your character's personality. Here's to hoping we can get free reign on what to set as costume as well as being able to hide slots entirely sometime down the line.

#12 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 16 February 2012 - 05:24 AM

I don't mind not having a blank slot as long as there is something everyone can like for the various slots. The little hitler mustache is the only costume lower and its hideous if you're not going for a joke look. Romantic flower down there and I am sure most people would be happy to have that. So on so forth with mid and top as we get more variety.

#13 astyrah

astyrah

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 March 2019 - 11:17 AM

sorry for necro-ing this super old thread but i saw it on this thread: https://forums.warpp...ns-compilation/ (which is one of the pinned threads on this subforum)

is there any word on this? will it be implemented someday? i'd love to have an option to hide headgear on all slots if possible :)

(that all said, i think this can be given a work around, atleast for the top slot, by giving the Eden Alora NPC the option to turn +8 gemmed sallets - these have no graphics - into costume headgear)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users