Are Sorcerer Awaken skills worth it? - Magician Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Are Sorcerer Awaken skills worth it?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Rabidsmiles

Rabidsmiles

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 01:06 PM

With the new Origins patch came the much needed updates and buffing of our sorcerer skills. However, I can't decide if the 4th job's awakening skills are worth the points needed to stick into them.

Our Ultimate seems so fail, even now. 60 points to toss around a handful of monsters and hit them 3 times just doesn't seem worth it. Not when I can cast Blizzard, Penguin and a Fire emblem in the time it takes to cast this skill.

Magma piston seems to have one use, it's fairly OK at filling the groggy bar on a boss. And it does a mini version of the Ultimate in 'popcorning' the enemies. Is this one worth the skill points?

Soul Drain just, to me, isn't useful. Granted, I only have 1/5 in it. Whats the different between 1/5 and 5/5 for this skill? Is it worth investing points into?

By not getting these three skills I can save myself points and stick them into the Memorandum of Blood and the passive warlock spear mastery. Or I could pick up Cloud Kill, as I have heard at 5/5 that one is sort of useful now that it's been buffed.

Whats the best use of these extra points that I will have when I reskill? This is what I have been tinkering with so far: Sorcerer Build Right now the extras are stuck into the two passive spear buffs.

But I am not sure if I like that build yet or not...

#2 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Sky Garden

Posted 17 February 2012 - 01:57 PM

Every Ultimate is bad. All the Sorcerer awakening skills are bad. Most 4th jobs are bad.

#3 Hector14

Hector14

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 303 posts
  • LocationHell
  • Server:All of them

Posted 17 February 2012 - 03:37 PM

Disregard Prinz, not all Ultimates are so bad, although the Sorcerer one sucks. I'd say Magma Piston only fair use is to groggy bosses and to hit non-launch bosses, like Paris. Leave it at 1/5. Soul Drain is very useful at 5/5, since it stuns and hits a lot more than at 1/5. Personally, I don't really see the point in Memorandum of Blood, isn't that suppose to work off base attack, or is it off final attack? And don't even bother getting Spear Mastery, to do so you'll need to invest in its pre-req passive, Battle Hit, which is totally not worth anything at all, not even for Spear Mastery. And isn't Staff Mastery suppose to work off base attack too?

This is how I see the build should be: http://irowiki.org/~...520500031010302
I left you a bunch of leftover points, so have fun with those.

#4 Jumpluffspore

Jumpluffspore

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 823 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 03:52 PM

General amount of ultimates are pure awful-ness though. Just saying. The awakening skills can either be absolute poop, somewhat useful, or extremely useful. Imo, awakening skills are better in group pvp.

#5 Endbringer

Endbringer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 574 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:09 PM

Using Soul drain and not having cloud kill. Please disregard everything Hector has to say.

#6 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:10 PM

Every Ultimate is bad. All the Sorcerer awakening skills are bad. Most 4th jobs are bad.

Pally and Sent ulti!

#7 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden
  • Server:Sky Garden

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:46 PM

Every ultimate does the same exact thing as the others

#8 Jumpluffspore