AzzyAI 1.40 Dev 8 new 2/18 - Homunculus Headquarters - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

AzzyAI 1.40 Dev 8 new 2/18

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
42 replies to this topic

#1 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:46 PM

Install per the 1.35 thread here: http://forums.warppo...sion-avail-423/

Changes since 7 are pretty limited, but include three really nasty bugfixes :

1.40 Dev 8
* Fixed follow obstacle fix from previous versions as it was not being used correctly
* Fixed attack posbug fix, which was suffering from an almost identical issue
* Fixed missing geographer tactic.

1.40 Dev 7x
* Fixed the attack chase loop bug.

Special thanks to everyone who posted traces of freezes, enabling me to nail all three of these freeze bugs so quickly.

http://www.mediafire.com/?rlnfv7e26nfaimv

Fixed freezes were:
Cases of posbugging leaving homun unable to reach target it thinks it can
Trying to follow an owner standing up against a wall on the side closest to the homun
Monster or homun being moved out of range after the homun closes to melee range when there is an obstacle blocking the closest cell in melee range (such as the owner - this usually happened where the homun and target were on opposite sides of the owner).

Edited by DrAzzy, 18 February 2012 - 12:00 AM.

#2 Azerk

Azerk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Server:Chaos, ex-Valkyrie

Posted 18 February 2012 - 06:41 AM

Hi, i am new to your AI since i've been using MirAI before.
Just a quick question, is your AI have antiKS option or is it antiKS by default.
cuz sometimes i saw my homun KSing.(or it just my imagination) :ic:

Its been bothering me.. Need clarification thanks. :hmm:

#3 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:01 AM

I noticed this too. Your AI seems to have trouble telling when a monster is targetting another player and will attack monsters being pulled by other players. Mir AI never really had this problem and when switching from Mir to this, it was immediately noticable.

#4 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 18 February 2012 - 12:27 PM

AzzyAI should not KS by default. You can set it to KS monters by changing the FFA tactic for the monster you want to KS off people.

In the case of monsters being dragged around by the player, it is expected that a homun running AzzyAI will attack those mobtrained monsters - No facility is provided by the API to differentiate between a monster walking around, and a monster chasing (but not hitting) another player (in fact, as far as I can tell, that information is not sent to the client - ofc a human can see it, since humans are good at pattern recognition. MirAI had a setting by which it would ignore monsters that were walking around - I chose not to do that because of the negative impact it would have on the speed of target acquisition. Is there a demand for this feature?

If a monster attacks or is attacked by a player in the time it takes the homun to chase the monster, they should drop the target when they get to it.

Is anyone seeing a KS in any of the following cases:
* Monster attacks or skills on another player on screen, and homun then attacks that monster while the player is still on screen.
* Monster is attacking another player, and homun then attacks that monster

#5 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 18 February 2012 - 05:38 PM

There is clearly an issue with posbug use of posbug corrections, with the symptom being unexpected movement while fighting a monster. Investigating.

Edited by DrAzzy, 18 February 2012 - 05:38 PM.

#6 Anchors

Anchors

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • Server:Chaos, when it's up

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:22 PM

Hey, so, I got an error starting in dev7 with a new Amistr (level 1, no skills) ever since the patch. I haven't tried it anywhere but in towns, but, the instant I summon it, I get an error window saying the following over and over:

./AI/USER_AI/AI_main.lua:1747: attempt to compare nil with number

That's the dev8 version of the error. The dev7 version is the same except "1742" in place of "1747."

Tried restarting the client, tried de-activating and re-activating custom AI, tried relogging, as well as combinations of any and all three, and I still get this issue. Currently, the only tactic I've added is Amon Ra 1511 with the setting to Rescue -> Never.

#7 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 12:49 AM

Mir Ai's 'not attacking walking monsters' feature was actually quite nice. A lot of the time I've noticed your AI goes to try to chase monsters who are moving, and spends a long time jittering around trying to catch up to them before it gets confused and goes to another target. This seems to reduce killing time.

I'd suggest possibly making this an on/off switch feature, because I'd definately prefer my homunculus waiting until a target stops moving before it tries to attack them.

another thing I've noticed recently, especially with low lv homuns, is that since the last patch it seems to be chasing mobs before it finishes killing it's current target. For example, I had my filir fighitng Rockers. It'd hit one rocker 2 times and then run off to try to hit another one before finishing it's target. I didn't have it set to tank or anything like that.

Edited by Luckywhiterabbit, 19 February 2012 - 12:55 AM.

#8 Azerk

Azerk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:30 AM

I'd suggest possibly making this an on/off switch feature, because I'd definately prefer my homunculus waiting until a target stops moving before it tries to attack them.

^ This
Totally agree with lucky

#9 aquaria

aquaria

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 381 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 February 2012 - 04:09 AM

Hello DrAzzy,

I am new to afking homunculus in ant hell and noticed there are times where my vani won't attack and completely "afk-ed" until I vaporize and re-summon it.

Did I do something wrong when customizing AI which I am not suppose to that caused this problem?

Thank you.

Edited by aquaria, 19 February 2012 - 04:09 AM.

#10 deanoreadman3

deanoreadman3

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:42 AM

Didnt get to testing the mushroom and chaotic blessing thing from before, been making use of the rediscover moscovia buffed exp

But i went ahead and downloaded 1.40 dev 8 and woah, first thing i noticed, my homunculus is dance attacking without dance on! in H_Config its set to off and its just doing it anyway!

Second thing i noticed is that its changing targets like crazy when there is more than one in melee combat! it doesnt just take down one at a time it just throws damage between them all.

third thing i noticed was that it didnt finish attacking something that was attacking it and went off to fight something else, wasnt even a close monster, was one on the corner of the screen, without any prioritys set to do so

Its almost like I downloaded a corrupt install or someone elses AI, but I re-downloaded and double checked.

Edited by deanoreadman3, 19 February 2012 - 09:43 AM.

#11 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:16 AM

I downloaded the 1.40 dev 8.
But in the AzzyAI Config Utility it sayd 1.35Final.
Is that supposed to be that way? Or did I download the wrong file?

#12 Anchors

Anchors

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 12:07 PM

I downloaded the 1.40 dev 8.
But in the AzzyAI Config Utility it sayd 1.35Final.
Is that supposed to be that way? Or did I download the wrong file?

If you picked it up from the red link in large font at the top, I think it's the right one - all the other info on the files points to it being dev8, v1.40 (still getting the error that renders me unable to level my Amistr incidentally, I'll send a PM). The version description at the bottom of the GUI is something I'm guessing he would have to update manually, and with all the fixes it'd be little wonder if that somehow got overlooked.

#13 big742003

big742003

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • Server:Mostly Ygg, some Valk

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:58 PM

I just did that reset thing. I have a noobish little lvl4 vani now. He has lvl 1 caprice, but he is not automatically using it. With Dev 6 he was auto using whatever skill lvl he knew. What am I doing wrong?

#14 big742003

big742003

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:04 PM

Update:
He just lvl to base lvl 5 (still lvl1 Caprice) and started throwing bolts automatically. What diff should that make? Oh well, I'm happy.

#15 Anchors

Anchors

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:19 PM

Update:
He just lvl to base lvl 5 (still lvl1 Caprice) and started throwing bolts automatically. What diff should that make? Oh well, I'm happy.

He probably didn't have enough SP to cast it before, ha ha.

#16 big742003

big742003

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:42 PM

He probably didn't have enough SP to cast it before, ha ha.

Actually he had 2 more SP than needed, but good guess. His max SP was 24. Caprice lvl1 needs 22SP.

#17 Anchors

Anchors

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:50 PM

Weird... Don't suppose you had a minimum SP to cast requirement set? o.o

Did he ever give you the /... emote with full SP at level 4?

#18 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:59 PM

Users with an Amistr homunculus who receive an error should turn off UseAutoQuicken to prevent the error. This will be fixed in the next version.

The AI has no facility to check what level of a skill the homunculus has - if you want to use a level less than 5, you must tell it that in the configuration. Otherwise, it will assume you have level 5, and cast it only when you have enough SP to cast level 5 (40 SP for caprice, 20 for moonlight).

Edited by DrAzzy, 19 February 2012 - 05:59 PM.

#19 big742003

big742003

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:50 PM

Weird... Don't suppose you had a minimum SP to cast requirement set? o.o

Did he ever give you the /... emote with full SP at level 4?

No, but I do have min Aggro SP set to 10%, but at full SP he should be casting? Or will he not cast if the skill would drop below 10%? I figured it meant he would stop fighting if SP<10%, but would let him cast a skill if he was above 10%.

#20 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:14 PM

The Rand and Orbit walk aren't working in the 1.40 dev8, least not on my Amistr.

#21 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:24 PM

The Rand and Orbit walk aren't working in the 1.40 dev8, least not on my Amistr.

Whatever, I'm rewriting the stupid idle walk system, cause people seem to love orbit walking, and my orbit walk has always sucked.

Also, are you aware that it will only orbit or rand walk when at full HP and full SP? Otherwise you're sacrificing HP/SP regeneration (unlike players, homuns don't regenerate SP while moving) just to have your homun spinning around you.

Edited by DrAzzy, 19 February 2012 - 08:26 PM.

#22 big742003

big742003

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:43 PM

Whatever, I'm rewriting the stupid idle walk system, cause people seem to love orbit walking, and my orbit walk has always sucked.

Also, are you aware that it will only orbit or rand walk when at full HP and full SP? Otherwise you're sacrificing HP/SP regeneration (unlike players, homuns don't regenerate SP while moving) just to have your homun spinning around you.

lol, but I feel ya.

Hey if you use the default of 0 for min aggro sp I noticed that homus stop fighting if sp drops to 0. Can this value be set to -1 so amistr or filir does not stop because of 0 sp?

#23 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:08 PM

Oh, I didn't know that.

#24 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:52 AM

Crap! Snipe tactics don't seem to be working!

In sp-limited killing situations like in OD2 with good spawn, sniping adds a huge amount of exp/hr. gotta fix this.

lol, but I feel ya.

Hey if you use the default of 0 for min aggro sp I noticed that homus stop fighting if sp drops to 0. Can this value be set to -1 so amistr or filir does not stop because of 0 sp?

Yeah set it to -1. I'll include a clever-er check for that in next version.

#25 Azerk

Azerk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:20 AM

But i went ahead and downloaded 1.40 dev 8 and woah, first thing i noticed, my homunculus is dance attacking without dance on! in H_Config its set to off and its just doing it anyway!

This too..

Edit: Keep up the good work Azzy. :mellow:

Edited by Azerk, 20 February 2012 - 02:23 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users