AzzyAI 1.40 Dev 8 new 2/18 - Page 2 - Homunculus Headquarters - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

AzzyAI 1.40 Dev 8 new 2/18

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
42 replies to this topic

#26 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:18 AM

It's dancing because of the issue with posbug I mentioned above (it's trying to correct for being posbugged, when it's not posbugged)

#27 deanoreadman3

deanoreadman3

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:00 AM

It's dancing because of the issue with posbug I mentioned above (it's trying to correct for being posbugged, when it's not posbugged)

I thought you were ignoring me :mellow: attaacking random melee targets all the same problem?

#28 big742003

big742003

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • Server:Mostly Ygg, some Valk

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:18 AM

Yes, but it is a sexy slow dance :mellow:

Edited by big742003, 20 February 2012 - 04:19 AM.

#29 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:28 AM

I thought you were ignoring me :mellow: attaacking random melee targets all the same problem?

What's happening here? Is this the issue where it would occasionally lose it's target while attacking and start whacking something else? If so, yes, that actually WAS a consequence of the same issue - it would conclude that it was posbugged and that it couldn't unbug itself to reach the target and hence should stop attacking the target and mark it unreachable. Since the target was aggro, it immediately got corrected on the unreachable bit - but only after 1 full AI cycle ran and it had already started attacking something else.

#30 aquaria

aquaria

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:35 AM

lol, but I feel ya.

Hey if you use the default of 0 for min aggro sp I noticed that homus stop fighting if sp drops to 0. Can this value be set to -1 so amistr or filir does not stop because of 0 sp?

Does this only affect filir?

Edit: Tried to set to sp -1. However, it doesn't seems to register. After I closed the utility, the value reset back to 0.

Edited by aquaria, 20 February 2012 - 05:42 AM.

#31 deanoreadman3

deanoreadman3

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:35 AM

I'll use the full example with the mobs

Vani attacks 1 les with more les on the screen, vani is dance attacking the first les with dance not even turned on, second les uses snap to come in and assist the first les, vani is now dance attacking and randomly hitting the two diffrent les without concentrating on just one les to take it down before moving onto the next les. once one les is dead without killing the other les it ran off to hit a wood goblin on the edge of the screen :s

#32 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:41 AM

I'm having the same problem with the mobs. It's especially notable in orc dungeon. My homun will hit a targt maybe once or twice, then go after other targets instead of focussing fire on the one it's meant to be killing.

Also, this AI seems to want to favor monsters at the edge of the map right now. It's a bit strange when the homunculus will ignore targets closest to it and instead go off for some random enemy all the way on the far edges of the screen. Ideally it should be attacking the nearest enemy.

Edited by Luckywhiterabbit, 20 February 2012 - 05:42 AM.

#33 deanoreadman3

deanoreadman3

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:44 AM

This version feels so wrecked i went back to the old version, i'm suprised you didnt get more reports earlyer

#34 big742003

big742003

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:49 AM

What's happening here? Is this the issue where it would occasionally lose it's target while attacking and start whacking something else? If so, yes, that actually WAS a consequence of the same issue - it would conclude that it was posbugged and that it couldn't unbug itself to reach the target and hence should stop attacking the target and mark it unreachable. Since the target was aggro, it immediately got corrected on the unreachable bit - but only after 1 full AI cycle ran and it had already started attacking something else.

My vani is doing this on ant eggs. Couple hits here, couple hits there, whack an egg, whack an ant, whack an egg, whack a bat, kill eggs while being killed by a bat (ignoring the bat until below aggro hp)...

#35 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:40 PM

I GET IT! I GOT IT FIVE REPORTS ABOUT THE SAME ISSUE AGO!

I AM AWARE OF AND HAVE FIXED THE TARGET DROPPING BUG IN MY DEV VERSION AND WILL POST A FIX AS SOON AS THE OTHER CRITICAL PROBLEMS ARE FIXED. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO KEEP REPORTING IT!

As for the range issue - the AI will check monster priority before checking monster distance. It will attack closer monsters of equal priority first. I'm not sure the way it's being done now is ideal, but certainly the whole idea of monster priorities becomes meaningless if distance is placed ahead of priority. I'm thinking about how to address this issue going forward, but I don't know what the desired behavior would be. If I have something on attack high, and something on attack medium, and the medium is closer, and we attack the medium first, then priority is almost meaningless. So yeah, not sure what to do there.

Edited by DrAzzy, 20 February 2012 - 07:41 PM.

#36 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:24 PM

Perhaps only have that for default monster settings then?

#37 big742003

big742003

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:39 PM

I AM AWARE OF AND HAVE FIXED THE TARGET DROPPING BUG IN MY DEV VERSION AND WILL POST A FIX AS SOON AS THE OTHER CRITICAL PROBLEMS ARE FIXED. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO KEEP REPORTING IT!

As for the range issue - the AI will check monster priority before checking monster distance. It will attack closer monsters of equal priority first. I'm not sure the way it's being done now is ideal, but certainly the whole idea of monster priorities becomes meaningless if distance is placed ahead of priority. I'm thinking about how to address this issue going forward, but I don't know what the desired behavior would be. If I have something on attack high, and something on attack medium, and the medium is closer, and we attack the medium first, then priority is almost meaningless. So yeah, not sure what to do there.

This is great to hear, this bug was killing sp regen during attack. Btw, I meant no harm, nor was I meaning to "report" the bug.

On the priority issue, I believe I recall seeing ai behavior that would allow one-shoting low lvl mobs on the way to higher priority (or even while being "drug" across the map if it passed a weak mob it would seem to one shot it without stopping). I know this is not exactly what you mean by priority vs distance. Also, I am not sure if this is actual ai programing or just how it appeared. Sometimes it's hard to know what's going through homu's heads :mellow:

Ty for Azzy AI ;)

#38 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:09 PM

There IS a feature by which you can make it pick off targets while fighting (but not while walking past) other monsters. I use that in OD2, and it substantially improves performance.

See the Snipe tactic in the documentation.

#39 Tyki00

Tyki00

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:25 PM

Hi my Vanilmirth is lvl 6 and has 26 sp which would leave it a 4 sp after using a caprice it currently isnt autocasting skills and i would like some help with this

Started using skills at lvl 7 after it had 33 sp :S

Edited by Tyki00, 20 February 2012 - 10:56 PM.

#40 Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 427 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:43 PM

You dont happen to know the monster number for those messenger things do you? My little vani keeps wasting SP on them so id rather tell the AI to stop :<

#41 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:53 AM

Hi my Vanilmirth is lvl 6 and has 26 sp which would leave it a 4 sp after using a caprice it currently isnt autocasting skills and i would like some help with this

Started using skills at lvl 7 after it had 33 sp :S

Yeah - there's no way to detect learned skill level. I hence have no choice but to assume it's maxed (since this is the case for most of the time), and thus not try to cast it unless there's enough sp for max level. I can think of a few kludgy workarounds, but since it's only relevant for 3-4 levels of a homuns existance, i don't think it's really worth the effort.

You dont happen to know the monster number for those messenger things do you? My little vani keeps wasting SP on them so id rather tell the AI to stop :<

http://forums.warpportal.com/index.php?/topic/68735-ids-for-event-monsters/

#42 deanoreadman3

deanoreadman3

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:55 AM

I didnt mean to bring down the mighty caps lock, you did ask ;) About the second issue I definately prefer the tactic priority over distance priority, i'd rather have my homunc walk past 5 drainliar in order to kill that Orc Archer at the back, that just makes sense. The only reason it was a problem was when it was leaving combat with an equal priority mob to fight another, which you have already mentioned was a bug.

I tested some chaotic blessing for you, I had a Raydric Archer shoot me and my homunculus and the homunculus do a few attacks at it, then i ran far enough around a out of line of sight corner, when i then cast level 5 chaotic blessing the heals landed on 33% me 33% Vani and 33% the raydric there abouts. then when I attacked a wind ghost (Raydric still near but not able to shoot us) it still had a chance of healing the Raydric.

EDIT: Wouldnt heal a mushroom with the same tactic in over 40 heals, healed just me or him 50%/50% without failure... odd

Edited by deanoreadman3, 21 February 2012 - 07:15 AM.

#43 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:08 PM

Bizzare!

So it seems that it matters if something's attacked the vani, instead of been attacked by.

Next test - Start with the situation you had (with a monster locked onto by chaotic blessings). Kill that monster, and then see how it behaves - if it works then, we could assume that if nothing is attacking the homun, it's safe to use level 5, and call it user error if the damned fool user gets something targeting the homun then walks off screen.

In any case, Dev 9 being posted, so closing and depinning the thread.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users