• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 guraboy

guraboy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:04 AM

Hi there. Currently in the process of leveling a Warlock and Sorcerer with the gf. I'm just wondering what the ideal gear sets (non-god item) for both classes look like? I've been spying on a large number of people through ROPD and there just doesn't seem to be too much consensus on gearing (especially in the body armor slot). Everyone has a hodgepodge of CODs, Skull Caps, Orleans, Diabolus, Kronos, SOD etc. Just curoius if there is a general consensus on what set-up is the most effective. Here are a few more specific questions that may help me find an answer.

1) +9 COD with KK, +8 Kronos/Staff of Destruction vs. +9 Skull Cap with KK, +X Thorn Staff of Darkness and Shield?

2) Immune Niddhogger/Diabolus/Valkyrian/Backpack?

3) Diabolus Armor + Ring? Diabolus Manteau + Shoes? Orleans Armor + Shield + Glove?

4) Accessory???

5) Are there different gearing priorities for Sorcerer and Warlock?

It just seems like usually there is a general idea of what most classes wear towards the end-game, but I just couldn't find one for these two casters. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

PS: This is mainly for PVM situations as I'll worry about CEBs/Cranials/Combat Knives and other WOE stuff when the time comes.

PPS: Budget is not really an issue. But again I can't really afford two sets of God armor so exclude those from suggestions if you can please :mellow:

Edited by guraboy, 20 February 2012 - 04:13 AM.

#2 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:27 PM

Sorcerer = Mostly dependant on cast time. A sorc that can instant cast Psychic Wave on Strings is much preferable than the one that's not.

Warlock = MATK stacking. Doesn't matter if you have slow cast time as long as you dish out a ton of damage. Warlocks who can 1 shot in Scarabas are awesome!

Immune Nid + Variants at low levels. Diab Mant+Shoe post level 130. Valkyrian Mant for PvP although, you'd rather Safety Wall than taking damage and reflecting it back...

+9 CoD KK + Kronos/SoD for pure raw damage. +9 KK Skull Cap + TSoD for skill spamming and protection for having ability to wear shield.

Glorious Ring + MoH is great for Warlock, although you will be forced to wear Orlean's Gown for uninterruptibility. For Sorcerers, you'd want more dex, so Nimble Orleans Glove and Glorious Rings are good choices. For Sorcerers, if you can instant cast, you'd get away with not having a Phen/Orleans Gown.

Also, the only God item that mage classes truly need is Sleipnir unless you have Fallen Bishop.

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 20 February 2012 - 03:29 PM.

#3 Codface

Codface

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:17 PM

Int and %Matk wins if it requires more than 1shot to kill. Cast speed only matters if its low 20k hp nab mobs. If you Gwing and cast superfast and dont kill the mob 1shot you better be wearing a shed load of reduction gears.

#4 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:59 PM

But if you can balance both cast time and matk you will obtain better results =)

#5 Drak231

Drak231

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 548 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:16 PM

Always depend on your style. That's what I always liked about the mage path, there are a lot of possibilities..

I am still personnally aiming for an auto cast (removing only var part).

#6 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:19 PM

Int and %Matk wins if it requires more than 1shot to kill. Cast speed only matters if its low 20k hp nab mobs. If you Gwing and cast superfast and dont kill the mob 1shot you better be wearing a shed load of reduction gears.

There's a reason why we have DD/Earth Grave. We use those as backup AoEs in case stuff don't die in 1 Pwave. They stack even if you cast in the same area.

But if you can balance both cast time and matk you will obtain better results =)

If Warlock didn't have too much cast time/skill delays (manual casting, not RSB), they would be awesome speed casters. The advantage of Sorc over Warlock in cast time is most of their spells can be 1 sec to instant cast easily and they have Ventus which reduces fixed cast time by a full 1 second.

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 20 February 2012 - 08:19 PM.

#7 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:17 AM

If Warlock didn't have too much cast time/skill delays (manual casting, not RSB), they would be awesome speed casters. The advantage of Sorc over Warlock in cast time is most of their spells can be 1 sec to instant cast easily and they have Ventus which reduces fixed cast time by a full 1 second.

I would say that the advantage can be that Sorc have spells based on Variable cast time... while Warlock's spells are based on Fixed cast time... but if we talk about damage, WL spells have better formula for end damage than Sorcerers...

#8 guraboy

guraboy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:40 AM

Lol just from reading all of your posts, I can see why there is so much variation between gearsets. General consensus though looks like you want to be shooting for speed on a Sorc and throughput on a Warlock? I'm assuming you want PW to be close to insta while being powerful, and Warlocks spells are just meant to be a load of damage? Anywho here is what I think i've settled on. Let me know what you think.

Sorc

+9 Skull Cap w/ KK
Aria Black Frame Glasses
Ninja Scroll

+X Panic Diabolus Robe

+9 Thorn Staff of Darkness
+X Orleans's Shield (of something I'm not quite sure what a generic shield card is...Hodremlin?)

+9 Immune Niddhoggur's
Variant Shoes

Diabolus Ring Under a Cast
Nimble Orleans's Glove
(Are Telekinetic Orbs any good?)

Warlock

+9 Crown of Deceit w/ KK
Ninja Scroll

+X Panic Orlean's Gown

+8/10/12 Staff of Destruction

+9 Immune Niddhogur's
Variant Shoes

Medal of Honor
Glorious Ring (Since farming Eden badges may take a while, are there any interim accessories I can aim for in the meantime? Bradium Earrings?)

How do those set-ups look for pvm? Any tips, changes, or objections are extremely welcome. Thank you.

Edited by guraboy, 21 February 2012 - 11:43 AM.

#9 Anchors

Anchors

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • Server:Chaos, when it's up

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:44 PM

A small correction/suggestion to an earlier comment; Valk Mants don't give phys damage reflection for a mage type - they add perfect dodge. If you can get a +7 or higher one of those, it can save you a lot of grief/indirectly extend the life of your safety walls (mostly in PVM since in PVP a player will change tactics if you put up a SW) if you're just plain dodging a bunch of enemy attacks.

#10 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:00 PM

A small correction/suggestion to an earlier comment; Valk Mants don't give phys damage reflection for a mage type - they add perfect dodge. If you can get a +7 or higher one of those, it can save you a lot of grief/indirectly extend the life of your safety walls (mostly in PVM since in PVP a player will change tactics if you put up a SW) if you're just plain dodging a bunch of enemy attacks.

Is the Pdodge from Valk Mant taken into consideration first before the damage on Safety Wall? I thought it was the other way around, so it wouldn't matter.

#11 guraboy

guraboy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:18 PM

What do you guys think about the Heroic Backpack? Is a +9 worth using for more damage? Or is a Niddhoggur's elemental reduction simply superior?

#12 darktie22

darktie22

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:56 AM

Is the Pdodge from Valk Mant taken into consideration first before the damage on Safety Wall? I thought it was the other way around, so it wouldn't matter.

Would need to test, but as far as I know (most is pre-re knowledge, since didnt play a lot in renewal), missing hits doesnt affect sw, so at least flee applies before sw block and I guess pdodge should work same way... Anyways its just a guess, need to test.

#13 Anchors

Anchors

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • Server:Chaos, when it's up

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:26 PM

I'm pretty sure pdodge takes priority over safety wall... At least, my SWs seem to last a lot longer against an amon ra mobspawn with a +7 immune valk on than a +7 immune nid garb o.o

Not sure on the backpack bonus to matk, but, if it makes the difference between a 3-hit KO and a 2HKO or something, I'd go with the backpack; monsters dying faster = less monsters to attack you versus tanking stuff for 5 hits -> tanking stuff for 6 hits.

#14 aquaria

aquaria

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 381 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:37 AM

Sorcerer = Mostly dependant on cast time. A sorc that can instant cast Psychic Wave on Strings is much preferable than the one that's not.

Warlock = MATK stacking. Doesn't matter if you have slow cast time as long as you dish out a ton of damage. Warlocks who can 1 shot in Scarabas are awesome!

Immune Nid + Variants at low levels. Diab Mant+Shoe post level 130. Valkyrian Mant for PvP although, you'd rather Safety Wall than taking damage and reflecting it back...

+9 CoD KK + Kronos/SoD for pure raw damage. +9 KK Skull Cap + TSoD for skill spamming and protection for having ability to wear shield.

Glorious Ring + MoH is great for Warlock, although you will be forced to wear Orlean's Gown for uninterruptibility. For Sorcerers, you'd want more dex, so Nimble Orleans Glove and Glorious Rings are good choices. For Sorcerers, if you can instant cast, you'd get away with not having a Phen/Orleans Gown.

Also, the only God item that mage classes truly need is Sleipnir unless you have Fallen Bishop.

What gears/stats should a sorcerer use/have to instant cast psychic wave on strings? 120 int and near 120dex?

#15 Bashin

Bashin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Valk

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:28 AM

question about accessories, zerom orleans gloves(i think thats +5 DEX) combo'd with that orb or glori ring/orb?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users