AzzyAI 1.40 Dev 9 new 2/21 - Homunculus Headquarters - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

AzzyAI 1.40 Dev 9 new 2/21

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
29 replies to this topic

#1 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:37 PM

Install per the 1.35 thread here: http://forums.warppo...sion-avail-423/

1.40 Dev 9
* Removed posbug correction code - was causing dropped targets, inappropriate dancing, and other issues because it is impossible to detect posbug due to GetV() bug, and hence was activating even when not posbugged.
* Fixed issue with Sniping - TACT_SNIPE_L/M/H should now work. If you can 1-shot in OD2, try it out! Makes much better use of SP.
* Fixed issue that could cause a high-speed homunculus to run off the screen chasing a monster. We will now drop the target instead. This was killing people in OD2.
* Fixed improper tail call from chase to idle.
* Default tactics are now a bit better: They default to not attacking the stupid event mobs, nor ants and giearths for doing ant eggs.
* Set DoNotAttackMoving in H_Extra to make the homunculus not attack stuff that's moving. It'll still continue chasing them if they do move, though. This is not the final version of this feature, but it's been requested by several people - here's an interim solution.

1.40 Dev 8
Quick bugfix release
* Fixed follow obstacle fix from previous versions as it was not being used correctly
* Fixed attack posbug fix, which was suffering from an almost identical issue
* Fixed missing geographer tactic.

1.40 Dev 7x
* Fixed the attack chase loop bug.

1.40 Dev 7
* Added support for autoskill skill selection tactic - Manually edit H_Tactics.lua and chance the size tactic to CLASS_BOTH (to use either pre-S or homunS skills), CLASS_OLD (for pre-s skill only), or CLASS_S (for S skills only), or CLASS_MOB (if, for some reason, you want to use a mob skill on this, even if there aren't enough targets around to normally justify using a mob attack (per MobAttackCount) - i expect this to be most useful for mercenaries, particularly the lvl 10 sword merc, where you might want it to use BB for the higher damage - of course tactics for mercs require MobID - so maybe this isn't so useful.) For mercenaries, you can edit this using the GUI - use the TACT_SIZE tactic, SIZE_LARGE is the same as CLASS_MOB, SIZE_UNDEFINED should be used in all other cases (since there's no S-class skills for merc)
* Unified code between chase skill use and attack skill use
* Fixed longstanding issue with debuff while attacking which would prevent the homun from using debuffs while attacking if told via tactics to use a certain debuff skill. This bug has been present since 1.30 or earlier and had not been reported. Did anyone try to use this?
* Corrected boneheaded prioritization of targets which resulted in the homun aggroing new monsters while ignoring monsters currently attacking him. This was a really really nasty bug IMO.
* FOLLOW_ST with FAST CHANGE did not use proper tail call when changing to IDLE_ST, this was corrected (internal change)
* Removed more obsolete code
* Fixed a few potential error message
* Fixed issue with empty AAI_Warning file
* Fixed error with bow mercenaries that have the skill Double Strafe
* Another change dedicated to truly eradicate the follow state hang.
* Fixed issue with inappropriate use of antiposbug measures which could cause problems around obstacles.
* Fixed issue where the wrong measure of range was compared to MoveBounds for attacking monsters outside AggroDist, resulting in failure to defend against ranged attackers (like those blasted orc archers!) on the edges of the screen.
* Improved tracing to try to trace down yet another freeze issue.

http://www.mediafire.com/?9m18tpch383fzbg

Edited by DrAzzy, 21 February 2012 - 04:39 PM.

#2 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:21 PM

This version seems very solid, however when I'm around other homunculi I seem to get that "attempt to compare nil with number" error message a lot.

My Amistr is not set to automatically use any skills, so I'm not sure what's triggering it.

Edited by Luckywhiterabbit, 21 February 2012 - 09:23 PM.

#3 deanoreadman3

deanoreadman3

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:03 AM

Getting a media fire "opps couldnt find the download" error D:

Worked in IE a little later, on with the testing!

Edited by deanoreadman3, 22 February 2012 - 05:13 AM.

#4 big742003

big742003

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • Server:Mostly Ygg, some Valk

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:20 AM

This version seems very solid, however when I'm around other homunculi I seem to get that "attempt to compare nil with number" error message a lot.

My Amistr is not set to automatically use any skills, so I'm not sure what's triggering it.

Just got the ./AI/USER_AI/AI_main.lua:667: message for the first time soon after going from dev 8 to dev 9.

Other than this, AI seems solid.

#5 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good
  • Server:Classic

Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:22 AM

getting pop-up errors near other homuns and vani changes to idle when alche sits down

#6 deanoreadman3

deanoreadman3

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:29 AM

getting pop-up errors near other homuns and vani changes to idle when alche sits down

that second thing is an option that you can enable or disable, not a bug a toggleable feature

DoNotUseRest False - When set to false if you sit down your Vani will come sit next to you and not be agressive

Edited by deanoreadman3, 22 February 2012 - 06:36 AM.

#7 dontleaveme

dontleaveme

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 353 posts
  • LocationSC, USA

Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:54 AM

My lif also gets an error. ./AI/USER_AI/AI_main.lua:667: attempt to compare nil with number.
She is next to a friends sheep in ant eggs atm.
My Vani isn't getting this error in OD2 / Moscovia 3.

#8 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:19 AM

I have no idea where that error's coming from either. That is new code (it's where we compare the place we're planning to move to while chasing to the move bounds, to prevent it from running off screen), but I can't imagine how either of the things i'm comparing on that line could be nil...

Fix won't come until tonight.

I am examining the code over and over - I just don't see any possible way for an error to occur there - and I was running the AI for hours in ant eggs and mosc 3 without issues.

Can anyone who's having this error tell me how to consistently reproduce this error? Use a vani or filir for this to absolutely take any possibility that it could be homun-related, though there's no direct way that it could depend on homun type.

Edited by DrAzzy, 22 February 2012 - 08:56 AM.

#9 Azerk

Azerk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Server:Chaos, ex-Valkyrie

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:56 AM

I was gonna post about the error. It seem everyone have beaten me to it. :waddle:
So, Im waiting for the good news. ;)

Edited by Azerk, 22 February 2012 - 08:57 AM.

#10 dontleaveme

dontleaveme

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 353 posts
  • LocationSC, USA

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:54 AM

Only way I can reproduce this is have my homun attacking/moving within a few cells from another homun. My vani has had no problems, just my Lif. Sometimes I don't notice it (I'm duel clienting) and it eventually DCs me.

I should also note, that when it was my homun that were attacking/moving within a few cells of eachother I had no problems. Seems to only happen when you're close to anther players homun?

Edited by dontleaveme, 22 February 2012 - 10:56 AM.

#11 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:24 AM

Only way I can reproduce this is have my homun attacking/moving within a few cells from another homun. My vani has had no problems, just my Lif. Sometimes I don't notice it (I'm duel clienting) and it eventually DCs me.

I should also note, that when it was my homun that were attacking/moving within a few cells of eachother I had no problems. Seems to only happen when you're close to anther players homun?

Hmmm....

I'm trying to see how this could happen. The line is REALLY simple...
if GetDistanceAP(GetV(V_OWNER,MyID),x,y) <= GetMoveBounds() then

x and y are set to the destination by the previous line, and processed like so in GetDistanceAP() (A P for actor/position, since it takes 1 actor, and 1 position)

function	GetDistanceAP (id1, x2,y2)
	local x1, y1 = GetV (V_POSITION,id1)
	if (x1 == -1 or x2 == -1) then
		return math.huge
	end
	return GetDistance (x1,y1,x2,y2)
end

function	GetDistance (x1,y1,x2,y2)
	return math.floor(math.sqrt((x1-x2)^2+(y1-y2)^2))
end

Note that: if the coords passed to it were invalid, it would still return something. If we passed a nil value to GetDistance(), it would show the error from that function, not the comparison. As far as I can tell there's no way for GetDistance to return a nil value, and all that this function can return is the result of GetDistance, or math.huge (a builtin value which comparison will treat as larger than any number).

So that points us towards the other function:

function GetMoveBounds()
	if OwnerPosX[10]==OwnerPosX[1] and OwnerPosX[10]==OwnerPosX[1] then
		return StationaryMoveBounds
	else
		return MobileMoveBounds
	end
end

Well, that can only return one of two values - both of which are not nil, because they're defined in defaults.lua (to provide default values) and again in H_Extra.lua (so users can customize them)
(Yes, there IS a bug in that function - it's checking X twice, instead of X and Y, but that could only cause it to return StationaryMoveBounds more often than it otherwise would)

StationaryMoveBounds	=13
MobileMoveBounds		=10

I'm baffled, especially since that function is being called every time the homunculus moves to attack a monster, and yet the error occurs only for some homuns, only in some situations. Like I said, I can't see how bogus coords fed to GetDistanceAP() could cause nil values, and there's likewise no room for GetMoveBounds() to do so either...

If anyone who can reproduce this can do me a favor, modify your AI_main.lua like so:
Open AI_main.lua using Notepad.
Locate these lines (666, 667):
		x,y = ClosestR(MyID,MyEnemy,AttackRange(MyID,MySkill,MySkillLevel),alt)
Change them to this (the top and bottom lines stay the same, with this stuff going into the middle):
		x,y = ClosestR(MyID,MyEnemy,AttackRange(MyID,MySkill,MySkillLevel),alt)
		if GetDistanceAP(GetV(V_OWNER,MyID),x,y) == nil then
			logappend("AAI_crash","GetDistanceAP failure")
			logappend("AAI_crash","GetDistanceAP failed: "..GetV(V_OWNER,MyID).." "..x..","..y)
		elseif GetMoveBounds()==nil then
			logappend("AAI_crash","GetMoveBounds failure")
			logappend("AAI_crash",MobileMoveBounds)
			logappend("AAI_crash",StationaryMoveBounds)
		end

And then reproduce the error, and open the AAI_crash.log file in your RO folder, and post the contents. You may well get a different error, post that error too.

Edited by DrAzzy, 22 February 2012 - 11:53 AM.

#12 Ramen19

Ramen19

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • Server:Classic~

Posted 22 February 2012 - 12:57 PM

Hello, I'm pretty new on the AzzyAI stuff and been trying to config this....
Here's what I did, download AzzyAI 1.40 Dev 9 --->
Extracted it INSIDE my UserAI folder. So it's INSIDE the UserAI folder. --->
On the AI folder, I copied THOSE files INSIDE the UserAI folder replacing the UserAI .lua stuff.
I configed AzzyAI config to the right stuff and tried using the AI, did nothing, as if it was normal AI =/ Doesn't even do that dance attack or attack Zenorcs. Hell, if the stuff was idle, it won't bother doing anything. My Homunculus is a Sheep Evolved. 65 lvl atm. Help please? I logged out, logged back in, vaporized, call back, nothing works.

Remember, I'm new to this AI stuff, so all I ever downloaded was "AzzyAI 1.40 Dev 9* ^ up there.

Edited by Ramen19, 22 February 2012 - 01:02 PM.

#13 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:06 PM

Hello, I'm pretty new on the AzzyAI stuff and been trying to config this....
Here's what I did, download AzzyAI 1.40 Dev 9 --->
Extracted it INSIDE my UserAI folder. So it's INSIDE the UserAI folder. --->
On the AI folder, I copied THOSE files INSIDE the UserAI folder replacing the UserAI .lua stuff.
I configed AzzyAI config to the right stuff and tried using the AI, did nothing, as if it was normal AI =/ Doesn't even do that dance attack or attack Zenorcs. My Homunculus is a Sheep Evolved. 65 lvl atm. Help please? I logged out, logged back in, vaporized, call back, nothing works.

Remember, I'm new to this AI stuff, so all I ever downloaded was "AzzyAI 1.40 Dev 9* ^ up there

1) You extract the archive, and you get a folder containing a bunch of files. Open that folder, and copy the contents to the USER_AI folder - you will be prompted to overwrite files. The client cannot see it if you leave the files in a folder inside USER_AI.
2) Did you do /hoai before vap/recall?
3) Are you running Windows Vista or later, with UAC enabled and RO installed inside program files? This configuration is not supported, because UAC blocks the installation of the AI because it involves modifying files in program files by a process running with user privileges (this results in the horrible situation where to most inspection, the files appear to be installed correctly, but where RO, which runs as admin, can't see them). In order to install a custom AI, you must disable UAC or move RO to a location outside of program files.
4) Don't install AzzyAI 1.40 Dev 9, it's erroring on people, see the other posts in this thread, the warning on my twitter, and in my sig.

#14 Ramen19

Ramen19

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:21 PM

1) Okay, so I have AzzyAI folder extracted, I put the CONTENTS of the stuff inside it of AzzyAI and REPLACE the files that were ON *NOT INSIDE* the UserAI stuff.
2) Yes I did, still nothing.
3) Windows 7. I have Gravity folder INSIDE Program Files. Yes, I put Admin as, I don't need to, I just do, just incase.
4) So what should I download instead?

#15 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:28 PM

3) Windows 7. I have Gravity folder INSIDE Program Files. Yes, I put Admin as, I don't need to, I just do, just incase.

Is UAC enabled? If so, that configuration is not supported, whether or not you're logged in on an admin account, or have RO running as admin or whatever.

As for what to use, I don't know what to say. 7 and earlier had freeze bugs, 8 drops targets, and 9 now errors on people. 10 is coming out tonight as soon as I can get the erroring issue fixed.

Edited by DrAzzy, 22 February 2012 - 01:29 PM.

#16 Ramen19

Ramen19

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:46 PM

Okay this is -_-ing weird. I extracted AzzyAI, INSIDE UserAI. Next, I copied ALL of the CONTENTS of AzzyAI ON USERAI and replaced w/e. I did nothing with AI folder. And it works....weird

only problem I have is when it encounters another homunculus sometimes when it's attacking the same monster, it bugs a bit but I can just click, but it is annoying. Another is the sitting part where if I sit, it standby but someone said if I config it somewhere in the AzzyAIfile I can sit no problem.

#17 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:54 PM

Okay this is -_-ing weird. I extracted AzzyAI, INSIDE UserAI. Next, I copied ALL of the CONTENTS of AzzyAI ON USERAI and replaced w/e. I did nothing with AI folder. And it works....weird

That's how you're supposed to install it.

Can you explain the other bug you're encountering? I am not aware of that, unless you're referring to the error message issue.

Edited by DrAzzy, 22 February 2012 - 01:55 PM.

#18 Ramen19

Ramen19

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:05 PM

That's how you're supposed to install it.

Can you explain the other bug you're encountering? I am not aware of that, unless you're referring to the error message issue.

Yes, what you just said. The Error Message Issue, you said it will take sometime to fix this? Someone said for the time being, I should install the Dev 8 since it has less issues.

#19 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:11 PM

Yes, what you just said. The Error Message Issue, you said it will take sometime to fix this? Someone said for the time being, I should install the Dev 8 since it has less issues.

Fixing it is my top priority, i hope to have it shortly after woe tonight. If need be I will axe that whole system to get a usable version out.

#20 Ramen19

Ramen19

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:24 PM

I forgot to mention when I want to change an option I needed to change it the one ON UserAI not INSIDE UserAI. Correct? Or you change both =/

#21 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:27 PM

I forgot to mention when I want to change an option I needed to change it the one ON UserAI not INSIDE UserAI. Correct? Or you change both =/

Wait? What do you mean about On / In? You can't have a file "on" a folder, I assumed that was a typo above, or referring to dropping a file 'on' a folder to move a file into that folder.

Edited by DrAzzy, 22 February 2012 - 02:27 PM.

#22 Ramen19

Ramen19

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:37 PM

Wait? What do you mean about On / In? You can't have a file "on" a folder, I assumed that was a typo above, or referring to dropping a file 'on' a folder to move a file into that folder.

This is how it is. I have AzzyAI folder extracted INSIDE the UserAI. I copied EVERYTHING of the AzzyAI ON UserAI replacing everything. There's 2 AzzyAI Configs. Understand? One AzzyAI stuff ON UserAI, one AzzyAI stuff INSIDE UserAI.

#23 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:58 PM

This is how it is. I have AzzyAI folder extracted INSIDE the UserAI. I copied EVERYTHING of the AzzyAI ON UserAI replacing everything. There's 2 AzzyAI Configs. Understand? One AzzyAI stuff ON UserAI, one AzzyAI stuff INSIDE UserAI.

No, I do not understand.

I do not understand what it means for a file to be "on" a folder.

#24 Ramen19

Ramen19

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:24 PM

No, I do not understand.

I do not understand what it means for a file to be "on" a folder.

Here you go, what I mean by ON and INSIDE UserAI folder. This should clear what I mean, I probably pasted something I shouldn't because when I config stuff ON UserAI folder, not INSIDE then it works. Look on the tab on the TOP to see what I mean, the first one is INSIDE UserAI folder, the bottom is the ON UserAI folder.

Btw sorry I took so long, was at class and had a math test *not freaking mini quiz, 20 questions per mini quiz, gimmie a break!!*

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Ramen19, 22 February 2012 - 06:27 PM.

#25 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:36 PM

The files shown in the first image are files inside a folder that is inside USER_AI - these are not being seen by the client. You can delete the AzzyAI folder inside USER_AI if you want.

The files shown in the second image are files inside the USER_AI folder. Those are the ones being used by the client.

I have found the cause of the issue with the current crash bug. math.huge isn't present in the version of LUA that the client uses. The math library is -_- in 5.0.2 - no modulo function, no math.huge or math.tiny, etcetera.

It's being triggered, when I used math.huge in several other places, because the function i'm using to find the correct location to move to is giving bogus results (and apparently always has been).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users