Calanor

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 2474 posts
  • LocationBetween 2 Rainbows
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:38 PM

Coffington Expeditionary League
Attention Visitors, the legendary league of exploratory gentlemen is on the march.

The Coffington Expeditionary League is finally branching out their operations and exploring the untamed winter wasteland known as Luna.

Seasoned adventurers and men of action though they may be, they can certainly use your help! Find your nearest Coffington family member and see how you can contribute. Remember: every monster slain in service of the Coffington family is also done so in the name of knowledge, exploration, and SCIENCE.

• For players in their 70s, Toffee Coffington can be found in the north-east corner of the Magic City of Eucar map (nearest the Crystal Snowfields).
  • For the 90s and early 100s, Wilhelm Coffington is located just inside the northern entrance to Arumic Valley.
  • For players in the 110 area, Nicholai Coffington is located west of the Magic City of Eucar and just inside the entrance to the Mana Snowfields.

Valentines Event

• Magic Heart Candies are being removed from the drop table and player inventory.
  • Valentines Item Mall Items are no longer available.

Additional Notes

• Some preliminary changes to Breezy Hills has been added, in preparation for future content.
  • The appearance of some Dalpings will be the most noticeable change, as they are going through an evolutionary change to help distinguish their class type.
Bug Fixes
  • Fixed a bug that caused server crashes when a character was dispelled while dead.
  • Fixed a bug when a party kills a zero (0) hp monster causing the server to crash.
  • Corrected some found and reported typos in NPC dialog.
  • Corrected Pink Power Suit Jetpack issues, relating to icon, name and set recognition. (It thought it was a Pink Astarot Wing)
  • Corrected an issue with hair appearance when wearing the Heart Headband.

#2 ChXaXin

ChXaXin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • LocationIllinois, United States
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:39 PM

First ;)

Edited by ChXaXin, 21 February 2012 - 04:39 PM.

#3 TruPain

TruPain

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • LocationMEnTal iNstItUtiOn

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:42 PM

• Corrected Pink Power Suit Jetpack issues, relating to icon, name and set recognition. (It thought it was a Pink Astarot Wing)
  • Corrected an issue with hair appearance when wearing the Heart Headband.

How about fixing the ninja headgear to not show hair sticking through the thing?

As for coffington... new name for me... must see what it is all about...

#4 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:49 PM

This is interesting...might also have to check it out!

#5 BobDylan

BobDylan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:50 PM

Cool something to do on Luna, I will be checking this out

#6 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:51 PM

There's going to be a lotta peeps in luna today!

#7 solovenomore

solovenomore

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1177 posts
  • LocationSingapore
  • Server:Draconis, Leo

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:51 PM

So the max level requirement is 110? How about those above 200? Need to check it out

#8 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:53 PM

So the max level requirement is 110? How about those above 200? Need to check it out

Remember: every monster slain in service of the Coffington family is also done so in the name of knowledge, exploration, and SCIENCE.

It's slaying things, i doubt it will be gathering stuff.
This meaning: 200's can do it too.

#9 Guest_Qilin_*

Guest_Qilin_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:56 PM

The quests are simple kill quests - repeatable with diminished returns if your level is too high (more than 5 above highest level target monster).

A nice option for leveling from 74-120 - but higher levels won't get much out of it.

You may also notice a distinct lack of quest indicators (exclamation points/question marks) - these will be added next week ^_^

#10 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:01 PM

Great, good alternative to level my leo character, i'm so unknown there that i don't know people to party haha.

#11 ZullyFace

ZullyFace

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 507 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:02 PM

Bug Fixes

• Fixed a bug that caused server crashes when a character was dispelled while dead.
  • Fixed a bug when a party kills a zero (0) hp monster causing the server to crash.

Good start to make the server more stable~ (hope it really help *finger crossed*) Thanks

#12 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:06 PM

Good start to make the server more stable~ (hope it really help *finger crossed*) Thanks

By far the best part for the community in this patch notes ^^

#13 TruPain

TruPain

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 728 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:16 PM

Coffington Expeditionary League
Attention Visitors, the legendary league of exploratory gentlemen is on the march.

The Coffington Expeditionary League is finally branching out their operations and exploring the untamed winter wasteland known as Luna.

Seasoned adventurers and men of action though they may be, they can certainly use your help! Find your nearest Coffington family member and see how you can contribute. Remember: every monster slain in service of the Coffington family is also done so in the name of knowledge, exploration, and SCIENCE.

• For players in their 70s, Toffee Coffington can be found in the north-east corner of the Magic City of Eucar map (nearest the Crystal Snowfields).
  • For the 90s and early 100s, Wilhelm Coffington is located just inside the northern entrance to Arumic Valley.
  • For players in the 110 area, Nicholai Coffington is located west of the Magic City of Eucar and just inside the entrance to the Mana Snowfields.

All you get is experience??? No items??? I just did all 3 parts of the level 110 area and all I got was exp... is this really just a repeatable quest with no reward other than exp???

lol.. just read Qilins reply.. guess it is only exp... oh well... nothing like making leveling even faster at these levels... decent exp as well...

Edited by TruPain, 21 February 2012 - 05:18 PM.

#14 Guest_Qilin_*

Guest_Qilin_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:34 PM

Had originally thought to include some food, but it seemed overkill. Any feedback regarding these quests is greatly appreciated ^_^

It's not the end all be all content update, but a nice, simple way to get some more mileage out of seldom used maps and help break up some of the grind with simple repeatable questing goodness!

#15 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:36 PM

You should add more of those, maybe next time like hard to do repeatable quests but then with a good reward on it ^^

#16 Guest_Qilin_*

Guest_Qilin_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:42 PM

I plan to ;)

But I am curious - what makes a repeatable quest hard for you?

Number of kills required? Distance you have to travel? Difficult of monsters you have to kill?

Do you prefer repeatable quests or basic grinding? (no wicked ulterior motives, just curious what your thoughts are ^_^)

For this particular series, I was mostly thinking of convenience for the player - though difficulty is definitely an option. For a lot of those quests, you can choose to kill the harder (and more experience yielding) versions of the necessary monsters (like the Elder Mammoths instead of the regular Mammoths or the higher level Gangaster Penguins instead of the basic ones).

#17 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:47 PM

For example, you could add another repeatable quest in it in which you have to take down the king type of monster.
Yes at that level it will be very hard and therefore the reward will be substantially higher. However if you can do it (which is usually pretty hard and if you also use the diminished returns no high levels can do it) you can level easier and grab some rewards along the way (boss killing should have more than only xp reward ^^).

These days i prefer basic grinding cause there aren't a lot of repeatable quests around and most are a lot of running around the place to get somewhere and back, and i prefer leveling in a party cause you have a few people to interact with ^^

#18 SirSlayer

SirSlayer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1638 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:52 PM

I just finished all 3 quests of the 110 npc in Luna.

They are proof gathering quests.

Prizes for each are:
Spoiler

^^ SPOILER UPDATED ^^

Edited by SirSlayer, 21 February 2012 - 06:09 PM.

#19 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:53 PM

How much xp? I wonder if it's a good repeatable quest if you want to level.

#20 Rooster

Rooster

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 561 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • Server:both

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:04 PM

I did all of the Nicolai quests at level 109 and 110. Like TruPain says, experience is quite nice. I'm also not a huge fan of level 110-115 since they nerfed DOD. So I am enjoying the new quests. I had no problems with doing any of the quests, no glitches at all as a matter of fact ;)

EDIT: (for Jerremy) Exp at 109 for gangster penguins was like 850k (kill 50), for lunaris bears was like 590k or so (kill 35)

Edited by Rooster, 21 February 2012 - 06:08 PM.

#21 TruPain

TruPain

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 728 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:11 PM

At level 113, I got 842,000 exp doing the gangster penguin (50 proofs) and less for the other quests...

As for feedback on the quests... I can see that a lot of people may farm this area and the mobs may not actually be enough... as for some of the mobs... there really isn't a lot of choices... and if you have 2-3 parties of single players with their high level cleric buffing them... they will be taking a majority of the mobs... perhaps faster respawns would help this... but not entirely sure if that would help or not or just cause more problems...

Let me think about this a little to give some better feedback...

#22 Rooster

Rooster

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 561 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • Server:both

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:27 PM

At level 113, I got 842,000 exp doing the gangster penguin (50 proofs) and less for the other quests...

As for feedback on the quests... I can see that a lot of people may farm this area and the mobs may not actually be enough... as for some of the mobs... there really isn't a lot of choices... and if you have 2-3 parties of single players with their high level cleric buffing them... they will be taking a majority of the mobs... perhaps faster respawns would help this... but not entirely sure if that would help or not or just cause more problems...

Let me think about this a little to give some better feedback...

Not sure if you felt it or not but I thought the leveling was extremely fast. I got about a level every 10-15 minutes so I don't see why the areas will get over mobbed for lengthy periods of time. You outlevel the areas rather quickly and since there is no reward, except experience, I don't see people there for any type of farming. What would be very funny is if the experience doubles on these quests during double experience events or medals, you won't have enough time to enjoy them. ;)

To Qilin,
I'm not a huge fan of having to go long distances for experience but yes I feel the quests are easy, a little too easy. Make the monsters 5 levels above the character level. I think it needs to be a harder considering the high experience reward or another option would to be to end the quest with having to kill a king that is green, this is after you have gained the proofs.

#23 Guest_Qilin_*

Guest_Qilin_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:35 PM

Thanks for all the feedback ;)

Too easy eh? Didn't see that coming... perhaps a tweak or two may be in order.

I was wondering if spawn rates would be an issue - that was one of the reasons I broadened the selection.

If X penguin is taken, maybe I can try Y penguin (and so forth).

Also glad to hear no major glitches ^_^

Happy levelin' errebody!

#24 TruPain

TruPain

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 728 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:15 PM

Thanks for all the feedback ;)

Too easy eh? Didn't see that coming... perhaps a tweak or two may be in order.

I will say that when you have a spear champ... it makes killing extremely easy to do... just grab the mobs.. spin 2 times and they are dead... with cleric buffs of course... so yes, I do have to agree it is easy... I didn't spend a lot of time there... I guess I will still prefer the grinding method... these levels aren't too bad to get through... and it doesn't help that I have been soloing with my raider who is now a level 194 or 195... so the grind at these early levels seems extremely easy and quick anyway in comparrison...

#25 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:24 PM

I'll say i quite like this, I'd like the (if possible for future things like this) maybe a party quest where it might be doubled or tripled the amount to kill but the whole parties kills count for each person (party leader would have control of the quest but each member would be able to see it and opt out if they didn't want to join). Over all the fighting for me (as a one-handed soldier) it wasn't a long boring time to kill them and head back for the next round! ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users