Gunslinger 2nd class/bullet types/ - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Gunslinger 2nd class/bullet types/

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 rinlen02

rinlen02

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • LocationThe U.S. State with the King's Guard
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:04 PM

I kind of had this on my mind recently, so I'm going to say it. The gunslinger can have a 2nd class here and can use different kinds of bullets. I'm not talking about bullet spheres here, i'm talking about a variety of ammunition, kind of like an archer. We already have ninja second class and the taekwon already has Soul Linker and Taekwon Master. About time for the Gunslinger to have their second class, right? Here's my proposal:

Bullets:
Spoiler

Grenades: Grenades can be made by bringing Bullets or Bullet Spheres to Private Jones in the gunslinger Guild in Einbroch. Conversion rates are as follows: 10 Flare Spheres for 5 Flare grenade, 10 Freezing Spheres for 5 Liquid Grenade, 10 Lightning Grenade for 5 Electric Grenade, 10 Poison Sphere for 5 Venom Grenade, 10 Blind Sphere for 5 Shadow Grenades, 100 Bullet for 5 Pineapple Grenades, 100 Silver Bullet for 5 Silver Grenade, 100 Bloody Shell for Stick Grenade.

Gunslinger 2nd class: Sheriff

After watching years of corruption and disorder, a group of gunslingers decided to bring troublemakers to justice and protect the innocent. As a result, the Arunafeltz States, the Schwartzvald Republic, and the kingdom of Rune-Midgarts have established the group as a special police force. Being administers of justice, they can debuff and cause status problems to all foes they face.
Spoiler

Gunslinger 2nd class 2-2: Commando

Not content with just shooting, these legendary gunslingers traveled the world to hone their skills. Not only did they create new techniques to use in combat, they learned and copied skills they saw other classes use and incorporated it into their own unique fighting style. As such, they are able to properly use other weapons and a skill or two! The ultimate gunslinger is ready for action!
Spoiler

That's all for now. I really hope you might consider my idea. Please provide questions, comments, or improvements that you can suggest.

Edited by rinlen02, 22 March 2013 - 03:22 PM.

#2 Zelanard

Zelanard

Amateur Blogger

• RO Fungineering
  • 208 posts
  • LocationSlagelse, Denmark

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:00 PM

i like this idea, would be a fine one together with to my own, if your interested take a look at my link :D
but emm, it might be way easyer if youd put it on a docx or pdf file?

Edited by Zelanard, 22 February 2012 - 11:01 PM.

#3 rinlen02

rinlen02

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:38 PM

i like this idea, would be a fine one together with to my own, if your interested take a look at my link :D
but emm, it might be way easyer if youd put it on a docx or pdf file?

I looked over your idea, and I find it quite interesting. Just a few things you may want to consider:
It might be a little complicated to allow the use of trucks and bikes. Knowing that they can only be created by engineers, it will take a lot of materials and zeny. Not to mention that a driver without a gunner or a passenger is a sitting duck. However, a nice PecoPeco should be able to do the trick. How about this: Advanced Infantry Training 10 allows you to use Grenade Throw (Your Fire in the Hole!!), which uses a grenade that can be bought from a bullet dealer. As for a rocket launcher, that would be kind of cool but the reload time is going to be hell. All the two of us need is a little tinkering with our plans we might see them implemented.

#4 wotmint

wotmint

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:25 PM

Lol at peco peco mastery.

#5 EpicGnome

EpicGnome

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:11 PM

Needs a bit of work, the upgraded class could be called Desperado or something. But then the other classes would want upgrades too such as upgraded class for Ninja and what not. I think that elemental bullets should be added to Gunslinger but it should stay as its own extended class without a class to upgrade to. That way its easier to help equal out the extras, like Ninja with elemental kunai and what have you ( havent played in a bit so have no idea if Ninja have elemental weapon types). Call Tracer, Incendiary Round. Remove rusty all together, rename the Earth bullet maybe along with the Water bullet. Most lethal bullets are Lead so saying Lead Bullet doesn't make it too special. Perhaps, Gem Bullet or Stone Bullet or a different metal. Frozen is too basic naming and ice is a bit different than water to some people. Aqua Bullet or Tidal Round something like that.

Edited by EpicGnome, 23 February 2012 - 10:16 PM.

#6 rinlen02

rinlen02

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:48 PM

Needs a bit of work, the upgraded class could be called Desperado or something. But then the other classes would want upgrades too such as upgraded class for Ninja and what not. I think that elemental bullets should be added to Gunslinger but it should stay as its own extended class without a class to upgrade to. That way its easier to help equal out the extras, like Ninja with elemental kunai and what have you ( havent played in a bit so have no idea if Ninja have elemental weapon types). Call Tracer, Incendiary Round. Remove rusty all together, rename the Earth bullet maybe along with the Water bullet. Most lethal bullets are Lead so saying Lead Bullet doesn't make it too special. Perhaps, Gem Bullet or Stone Bullet or a different metal. Frozen is too basic naming and ice is a bit different than water to some people. Aqua Bullet or Tidal Round something like that.

Yeah, I think so as well. If I recall correctly, I think Ninja has a second class implemented in another local server. In the iRO servers, there is already second classes for the Taekwon class, so this second class for the Gunslinger should balance it out. For the Water bullet, I suppose renaming it as a Hydro Shell would suffice, right? As for the Earth Bullet, I suppose renaming it as a Stalactite Round should do. Perhaps Armor-Piercing Rounds or NATO Bullets should be included as a stronger neutral-property bullet.

#7 Zelanard

Zelanard

Amateur Blogger

• RO Fungineering
  • 208 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:38 AM

rinlen02 have you got dropbox?

if you dont, i would be thankfull if you could get it here https://www.dropbox.com/
if / when you do, ill share a folder with you so we'll have a common work space for the jobs. how about it? =P (itll be easier work in word if you dont mind?)

Edited by Zelanard, 25 February 2012 - 07:47 AM.

#8 rinlen02

rinlen02

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:36 AM

rinlen02 have you got dropbox?

if you dont, i would be thankfull if you could get it here https://www.dropbox.com/
if / when you do, ill share a folder with you so we'll have a common work space for the jobs. how about it? =P (itll be easier work in word if you dont mind?)

i just got it after some consideration. I also have word so I don't mind.

#9 rinlen02

rinlen02

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:13 PM

Okay, I made some updates to my idea here.
Gunslinger 2nd class: Sharpshooter (Can also be called Gunnery Sergeant, but there can be another name for it)

Prerequisites: Gunslinger Job lvl 40+ (or 60+)

Quest:
1. Talk to the Gunslinger Guild leader in Einbroch. He will notice that you've gotten stronger and will ask if you wish to see the Promotion Board.
Click Yes to continue, but if you click no he will insist that you take it anyway.
2. He will say that the Promotion Board needs to see a Gunslinger Promotion Recommendation. He will make you one if you are able to provide: 200 Orcish voucher, 100 Cyfar, 10 Iron Ore, and 10 Trunks.
3. Give these items to him and he will tell you he's a little hungry, so he will ask for 1 Meat.
4. Once you've given him the Meat, he will tell you to go to a room downstairs next to their shooting range/bar.
5. At the first room downstairs, you will see a door. You will have to knock on the door. When prompted you will have to type in Gunslinger Promotion Recommendation and you will be allowed to enter.
6. The Promotion Board will be sitting at a table. Click on the man in the middle and he will administer the following questions:
What are you doing here? Response: I'm here to take the Promotion test, sir!
You are surrounded by enemies. What do you do? Response: Use Desperado and attempt to retreat to a safer area.
What do you do if a monster is attacking a party member? Response: Help my friend by attacking it from a different direction.
Which of the following guns are different? Answer: Black Rose
Your gun runs out of ammo and you have no cartridges left. What do you do? Response: Use a Butterfly Wing to get out of trouble.
You find that you have no zeny left to purchase more cartridges. What do you do? Response: Sell what I can and use the zeny to buy the bullets I need.
What is the most important thing you have to remember as a Gunslinger? Response: Conserve Your Ammo!
You just found out that what you sold is only enough to buy 10 bullets. What do you do? Response: Aim carefully to do more damage with fewer bullets.
What are you going to do if you get this promotion? Response: Protect and serve those in need.
7. If you got a passing score (7/9) you will be sent to a testing room for the accuracy test. In the accuracy test, you must kill three monsters with a type of gun in their name. (ex. an orc warrior named "Orc Rifle" must be killed while an orc warrior named "Orc Bullet" or "Orc Sword" cannot be killed) These monsters must be the only ones killed. If any other monster is harmed, the test will have to be retaken. After killing the three monsters, you must head to the exit in the northern side of the room. You will then be asked to clear a room of Orc zombies in the next room in order to pass.
8. Talk to the person who asked you the questions. You will be promoted to the 2nd Class. You will also be given either a slotted Jungle Carbine, Long Barrel, or Thunder P

Possible Skills:

Advanced Infantry Training: Increase DEX and AGI by level
Type: Passive
Requires: Snake Eyes 10, Single Action 10, Increase Accuracy 1
LVL1- +30Hit, 7 ASPD, 5 DEX
LVL2- +35Hit, 8 ASPD, 6 DEX
LVL3- +40Hit, 9 ASPD, 7 DEX
LVL4- +45Hit, 10 ASPD, 8 DEX
LVL5- +50Hit, 11 ASPD, 9 DEX
LVL6- +55Hit, 12 ASPD, 10 DEX
LVL7- +60Hit, 13 ASPD, 11 DEX
LVL8- +65Hit, 14 ASPD, 12 DEX
LVL9- +70Hit, 15 ASPD, 13 DEX
LVL10- +75Hit, 16 ASPD, 15 DEX

Full Auto: Consume all available coins to increase AGI for a set duration
Type: Supportive
Requires: Increase Accuracy 1, Coin Flip 5, Advanced Infantry Training 5
LVL1- +5% AGI per coin, 30s duration, -25SP
LVL2- +5% AGI per coin, 60s duration, -50SP
LVL3- +10% AGI per coin, 90s duration, -75SP
LVL4- +10% AGI per coin, 120s duration, -100SP
LVL5- +15% AGI per coin, 150s duration, -125SP

Sniper Shot: Fire a carefully aimed bullet at an enemy without response from the target. Deals 2000% damage regardless of immunity. Has 10% chance of causing Chaos and Stun
Type: Offensive
Requires: Tracking 10, 400SP, Rifle class weapon, 25s casting time

Duel Shot: Consume 5 coins to fire a fatal shot that cuts enemy HP by 10% and sends enemy back 10 cells.
Requires: Pistol class weapon, 20SP

Emergency Flare: Consume 1 Flare to increase a party member’s HP recovery by 10% for 1 min. If the party member’s HP is less than 25% of max HP, the targeted party member will be sent to the nearest town.
Requires: Pistol, 10SP, 1 Flare

Special Force Training: Allows equipment of dagger-class weapon in the right hand.
Requires: Advanced Infantry Training 10

Gun Cleaning: Adds 5 DEX and 5 Hit for 1 minute duration
Requires: 5 coins, 9SP

Rifle Smash: A melee attack involving a rifle. Damage calculated by (STR*DEX)/Weight of Rifle
Requires: Rifle class weapon, 22SP

Point Blank: Fire a close-range shot at an enemy. Damage increases the closer the target is (ATK-Distance)^2
Requires: 50SP

Spray and Pray: Consume cartridges and five coins to unleash a storm of bullets at high speed that's guaranteed to hit something in front of the caster. Inflicts splashed damage. Skill lasts 5 seconds regardless of level or hit amount.
Requires: Gatling Fever 10, Full Auto 5, Gatling Gun
LVL1-1 cartridge 500% damage per hit, 10 hits, 75SP
LVL2-1 cartridge 600% damage per hit, 15 hits, 90SP
LVL3-2 cartridges 700% damage per hit, 20 hits, 105SP

Zeny Fling: User throws Zeny to reduce DEF in a set area. Uses 40SP regardless of level. (note: User throws zeny at the ground, not the foe)
Requires: Zeny, 40SP per cast, Coin Fling 1
LVL1- 25z, 5x5
LVL2- 36z, 6x6
LVL3- 49z, 7x7
LVL4- 64z, 8x8
LVL5- 81z, 9x9
LVL6- 100z, 10x10
LVL7- 121z, 11x11
LVL8- 144z, 12x12
LVL9- 169z, 13x13
LVL10- 196z, 14x14

Bayonet Training: Dagger class weapons can be equipped as an accessory if a rifle is currently equipped. If the rifle is unequipped, the dagger will be unequipped as well. If no bullets are equipped, then the bayonet user will stab at the designated target.

Bayonet Charge: User attacks with equipped bayonet. Caster moves forward a set amount of cells as this skill is cast. Damage is calculated by ([DEX*STR]/Rifle Weight)
Requires: Bayonet Training 1, Rifle class weapon, Bayonet
LVL1- 75%ATK, 30SP; 3 cells
LVL2- 90%ATK, 45SP, 5 cells
LVL3- 105%ATK, 60SP, 7 cells

Suppressive Fire: Immobilize a target for a set duration. Deals 100% damage per 5 seconds regardless of skill level. Caster cannot use normal attacks or skills while this skill is in effect.
Requires: Advanced Infantry Training 10, 1 Bullet per second
LVL1- 20SP, 20s
LVL2- 30SP, 30s
LVL3- 40SP, 40s
LVL4- 50SP, 50s
LVL5- 60SP, 60s

Mortar Fire: Fire bullet spheres at a high angle to cause a high amount of damage to a target. Using this skill at higher levels requires a longer casting time.
Requires: Advanced Infantry Training 10, Grenade Launcher class weapon
LVL1- 200% ATK, 60SP, 5s
LVL2- 300% ATK, 70SP, 8s
LVL3- 400% ATK, 80SP, 11s
LVL4- 500% ATK, 90SP, 14s
LVL5- 600% ATK, 100SP, 17s

Shell Shock: Fire a single bullet sphere to cause splash damage in an area around the target and cause the Stun status to surrounding enemies.
Required: Gunslinger Mine 5, 1 Bullet Sphere, Grenade Launcher class weapon
LVL1- 300% ATK, 3x3
LVL2- 400% ATK, 3x3
LVL3- 500% ATK, 4x4
LVL4- 600% ATK, 4x4
LVL5- 700% ATK, 5x5

Foxhole Construction: Crates a foxhole that reduces the damage of AOE skills by 50% in a 5*5 cell area around caster. Players in Foxhole cannot be damaged by ranged attacks.
Required: Advanced Infantry Training 7, 1 Old Pick

High Penetration Round: Shoot at a specified target and enemies behind them.
Required: Sniper Shot, rifle class weapon, 1 Bullet
LVL1- 120% ATK, 1 enemy
LVL2- 240% ATK, 2 enemies
LVL3- 360% ATK, 3 enemies
LVL4- 480% ATK, 4 enemies
LVL5- 600% ATK, 5 enemies

Desperate Ground: Consume 5 coins to increase ATK, DEX, AGI, and HIT by 30% for 10 seconds
Required: Desperado 10, Last Stand 1, Increase Accuracy 1, Advanced Infantry Training 10

Broke: Performs a hazardous attack damaging enemies in a large area around the caster for a set period. Drains Max HP by percent per level.
required: Desperado 10, Desperate Ground 1, Advanced Infantry Training 10, Rifle class weapon
LVL1- 500% ATK, 10X10, 10s, 70SP, 1 cartridge, 10% HP
LVL2- 650% ATK, 11X11, 20s, 80SP, 2 cartridges 20% HP
LVL3- 700% ATK, 12X12, 30s, 90SP, 3 cartridges 30% HP
LVL4- 850% ATK, 13X13, 40s, 100SP, 4 cartridges 40% HP
LVL5- 900% ATK, 14X14, 50s, 110SP, 5 cartridges 50% HP

#10 Zelanard

Zelanard

Amateur Blogger

• RO Fungineering
  • 208 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:06 PM

okay, if you gime the email adress you used for your dropbox ill add you to the folder i made asap ^^

#11 Zelanard

Zelanard

Amateur Blogger

• RO Fungineering
  • 208 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:10 PM

and im curently looking through the list ^^ (sorry i havent been active for a while, lifes cought me and i couldnt follow the changes on the foum fast enough...)

#12 sniperkenny

sniperkenny

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 653 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 09 June 2012 - 05:40 PM

whatever you propose all changes happen at kRo and they won't read this forum

#13 Tetsamaru

Tetsamaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1458 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 10 June 2012 - 01:59 PM

They are already making 2nd class Gunslingers anyway due to Japan saying "Do this, we own your ass", so its already in development. Kagerous and Oborous just came first.

#14 Zelanard

Zelanard

Amateur Blogger

• RO Fungineering
  • 208 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 02:58 PM

the ninja second jobs were already introduced to the kRO when we started doing this... -but- we were told that we might get a chance to propose to the second gunslinger jobs from our own top, so we are doing just that.

#15 sniperkenny

sniperkenny

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 653 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 11 June 2012 - 03:33 PM

well if we can do that I always wanted to see something like this in a MMO. How about making this 2nd class an "Angel Gunner", that will be similar to Mechanic in ability to use technology (Mado if i remember correctly). they will be able to equip mecha-wings (sorta like knights have pecos etc. which will allow them to move quickly. they can also dual wield a gun and a 1h sword. When mob is at a distance they shoot, when it gets closer they can slash (this is just a random idea). In addition to that why not let them have trap skills, similar to hunters. Deploy a shield, tripod gun etc.. This will make gunsliger 2.0 one of the most desirable classes for players.

#16 rinlen02

rinlen02

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:00 PM

Updated first post so everyone can see my idea

#17 M101011

M101011

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:09 AM

you guys put alot of thought into this. as nice as it would be to see gunslingers allowed to get 2nd job status you have to factor in a few things . the games been around for a while and it hasnt happened yet and some one has to code from scratch the skills and sprite the skills though much could be recycled from existing code/sprites.

we would be lucky to see gatling fixed let alone a single new ability for each gun except the pistols since they are viable as is .rifle is but is sorta limited imo.

#18 rinlen02

rinlen02

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:35 PM

How could I forget this? I have to put up class pros and cons.

Sharpshooter Pros:
ASPD cap up to 195
more AOE skills than Commando
Higher LUK
coin capacity up to 20
Foxhole Construction (Allows even a low level Sharpshooter to survive some Warlock and Ranger skills)
Armed Melee attacks
Ability to use secondary arms (bayonets)
Easy Job Change test
Faster movement speed
High weight capacity

Sharpshooter Cons:
High bullet consumption
Less VIT, STR, DEX, and ASPD than Commando
Long cast time for AOE skills
Grenade farming
High SP consumption for some skills

Commando Pros:
ASPD cap is removed
Able to use any weapon that can be equipped by swordsman and monk classes
Melee attacks that can be used at close ranges
STR, VIT, DEX, and ASPD bonus
More grenade skills than Sharpshooter
Tear Gas Bomb (Immobilizes monsters and makes players sit while draining . In WOE friendly players are unaffected. Tell me you don't want that on your team, I dare ya! P.S.: Using a Gas Mask will make your character able to stand up and move, but not use skills and attack)
INT bonus
Able to slot guns at a very low chance
Covert Ops: Leaves no trace of the Commando whatsoever and allows movement along with high levels of Tracking. Skill bar is still visible though. Only cancels if player is hit by an AOE skill.
can autocast Triple Action and Coin Flip during normal attacks
Can reach extremely high ASPD if built carefully
Higher accuracy and range than Sharpshooter
Can zoom out farther than Sharpshooter

Commando Cons:
The Job Change test. very difficult.
Long cast time for Sniping
Grenade skills require lots of farming for grenade materials
Kills made with Execution DO NOT GIVE EXP
A single player near death in a party will force ALL PARTY MEMBERS to be warped if Emergency Flare is used
Less coin capacity than Sharpshooter
Less weight capacity than Sharpshooter

NOTE: This section is no longer applicable.

Edited by rinlen02, 22 March 2013 - 03:25 PM.

#19 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:33 AM

I like the ideas, but I'm not playing call of duty for a reason

#20 Renko

Renko

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Server:Chaos / Classic

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:50 PM

mmm, even when i love to use gunslinger and would like a new job for them ( i still remember that in 2010, they said gunslinger new job would be ready in the first half of 2011 ;<), i will be happy with just more lvl and desperado

but, like to propose:

*name: marksman / markswoman
*skill: mmm, something for use 2 weapons (making two-handed weapon being used like one-handed weapons) and/or
a handgun and a rifle at the same time, or gun+knife, or gun+shield
and, and.... the new skills should receive a bonus for the mastery of previous skills (example: damage bonus for tracking lvl 10)
or make more powerful previous skills (desperado 2.0 would be nice~)
or bonus damage for cast time (i mean, more cast time will grant more damage)
and a skill for summoning the annoying 10 coins at once >;O
and Bullet Crafting >;3
and~ coins should be able to save you from deadly damage (like in movies, when the bullet is stopped by a cross/coin/bible and dont reach the hearth)
cyborg peco pecos (peco peco need moar love ;<)
and auto-cast skills

every edit, is a random idea~
sorry for the engrish, kinda dizzy right now

Edited by Renko, 18 September 2012 - 05:08 PM.

#21 rinlen02

rinlen02

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:23 PM

Updated first post. Please check it out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users