#1 Joshiji

Joshiji

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 735 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:09 PM

I'm fairly new to this game compared to some people as I have been only been here for about 8 months. I am trying to make money by MVPing. Since I do not want to burn zeny I wish to know which class can most effectively and practically MVP. I am looking to do MVP's solo or maybe with the help of an Archbishop. I would think it would be either Rune Knight, Sura, or Geneticist. Maybe Ranger. I'm not sure. Thanks. :)

Edited by Joshiji, 28 February 2012 - 04:11 PM.

#2 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:13 PM

Genetic is edging to be better than a Sura as of the Balance Patch's restriction on GFist SP recovery and the Ygg Seed/Berry cooldowns. In Magic Strings, a Genetic will win in DPS now hands down. Neither of them can be used to efficiently kill Ghost MVP's like Gloom or Beelz though.

#3 ShadowAsh

ShadowAsh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:17 PM

Mmm really depends on how well your geared...as an MVP sura I will out dps the majority of genetics, if not all...

#4 KataiKou

KataiKou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:20 PM

Sura is probably the safest bet, I think. A genetic can out DPS a Sura, I think, but at the cost of a ton of Acid Bombs. Ideally, if you party, I'd go with multiple Sura's. Everyone drops their GFist one after the other. If the MVP isn't dead, run.

#5 razirazo

razirazo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 717 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:21 PM

Decent geared genetics can still easily outMVP godlike equipped sura.

#6 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:25 PM

It really depends on the MVP and the situation. Lower and mid-tier MVP's should be easily handled by Suras who are equipped enough to 1 to 2-shot them. If they can't though, it's very likely that a Genetic is going to steal the glory. For higher end MVP's though, it's not likely an option to solo as a Sura if you're going up against something like Valk if you can't 1-shot them with a GFist. At least a Genetic can run away after throwing a few Acid Bombs compared to a Sura who has to tank without restoring their SP for a few seconds after a good GFist.

While we're on the topic, does anyone know if Sieg Tokens' revive bypasses the SP recovery cooldown of a Sura's GFist?

Edited by GuardianTK, 28 February 2012 - 04:29 PM.

#7 Randomititiy

Randomititiy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 714 posts
  • LocationMy warm comfy bed
  • Server:The new one(s)?

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:30 PM

My only question is what would be good against Gloom

#8 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:30 PM

You can't really go wrong with either sura or gene. A gene would probably require you to stock up on a lot of bomb supplies to brew bombs, or you can buy from brewers.

Other classes are decent at mvp-ing if you build them for it, especially with an AB supporting. You'd definitely have to try to find the mvp first if there are genes and suras competing against you though.

#9 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:32 PM

RK and Rangers now. Arrow Storm with WW set OP. You should see how fast a team of Rangers can rip Entwein Knothen to shreds at ET. xD

#10 Joshiji

Joshiji

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 735 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:33 PM

Hmm. Seems like its been narrowed down to sura or gen. I'm sort of leaning toward genetic. Which do you think costs more in order to be effective?

#11 Randomititiy

Randomititiy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 714 posts
  • LocationMy warm comfy bed
  • Server:The new one(s)?

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:34 PM

RK and Rangers now. Arrow Storm with WW set OP. You should see how fast a team of Rangers can rip Entwein Knothen to shreds at ET. xD

I would love to see that...

#12 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:39 PM

Hmm. Seems like its been narrowed down to sura or gen. I'm sort of leaning toward genetic. Which do you think costs more in order to be effective?

Genetics cost more, since you'd need a lot of those Acid Bomb ingredients. Suras are expensive from the get-go when you're getting the equipment for it, but it's more of a one-time investment thing. After you gear a Sura, you simply need to use a few supplies that cost way less than the supplies Genetics end up using per MVP.

Like most people would say though, it varies by situation. It's hard to tell which of the two is better "for most MVP's."

#13 ShadowAsh

ShadowAsh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:54 PM

Lol sura don't need to tank its just fist and wing if soloing. Genetics way more expensive considering always gotta supply bombs. Just choose a class you like the look of and want to play :) they're both effective

#14 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:58 PM

With the current price of berries and acid bombs, it's about the same cost honestly.

For mvps with high vit (most of them, except ktul and a few others I can't remember), I'd prefer a genetic. 100-200k acid bombs without god items, and you can get like 5-7 off before a sura can get a second gfist off. DPS wise (without strings), they should be about the same, if not more dps for the genetic.

For low vit, Gfist >>>>> acid bomb.

Genetics can also full coat themselves to prevent breaking/divesting, which is important against things that hit hard with elemental magic.

#15 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:03 PM

Lol sura don't need to tank its just fist and wing if soloing. Genetics way more expensive considering always gotta supply bombs. Just choose a class you like the look of and want to play :) they're both effective

Winging is a waste of time if you're soloing and competing against other players. Tanking is your only option if you happen to be the first to get there right before someone else does.

#16 ShadowAsh

ShadowAsh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:13 PM

Mmm how long is a piece of string...lol

#17 Trini

Trini

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 614 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:13 PM

I'd say go Sura.

More HP, more Tankiing, More one shot damage, better in PvP, sexier, Easier to get supplies as they are general things that many use.

Genetic is a really awesome and definitely more fun option in my eyes but Sura is the better of the two in my opinion IF we are talking about a completely LOGICAL and ECONOMICAL point of view. Kinda sucks to pick a class that way though. SOME level of emotion should play a part otherwise you're gonna get bored pretty quickly.

#18 Joshiji

Joshiji

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 735 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:22 PM

sexier

Oh Trini xD. You make a valid point though.

It seems like it's:
Sura:4
Gen: 3

One more vote and I'm going with sura. :)

#19 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 06:21 PM

If you want to pvp/woe with the same character, make a sura. Sura is definitely more fun too. I have both, and I use both for mvping, but only the sura for pvp/woe.

#20 DarkDan

DarkDan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1280 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 28 February 2012 - 06:24 PM

Oh Trini xD. You make a valid point though.

It seems like it's:
Sura:4
Gen: 3

One more vote and I'm going with sura. :)

You can see my classes below. I vote Gen to tie it up. When it comes to MvP's you don't want to worry about the cost to bomb it(every bodies biggest complaint lol). You just want the MvP. You don't get the loot unless you out DPS everybody else attacking it and get the MvP. Genetic acid bomb is expensive but will win the battle on the MvP's that count. ;)

Edited by DarkDan, 28 February 2012 - 06:25 PM.

#21 ShadowAsh

ShadowAsh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 06:28 PM

Mmm not necessarily actually, that's not how loot priority works...first hit counts for more

#22 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 28 February 2012 - 06:31 PM

Genetic wins. If you keep dying, you can just token>acid bomb>token>acid bomb and bam.... MvPs like Randgris and Ifrit die. xD

#23 Froggems

Froggems

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 28 February 2012 - 06:46 PM

Sexier my ass, suras look homeless. Didn't know you guys were into that. Genetics are classy and their sitting position is the best.

#24 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 28 February 2012 - 06:51 PM

warlocks( cl negligible cool down)>WW Rangers (over 60k with lex and arrow storm cool down)>( less db damage with cool down)RK in terms of sheer dps

Edited by Zinja, 28 February 2012 - 06:53 PM.

#25 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 07:24 PM

warlocks( cl negligible cool down)>WW Rangers (over 60k with lex and arrow storm cool down)>( less db damage with cool down)RK in terms of sheer dps

On Beelzubub? Good luck on that. *sarcasm*

Edited by GuardianTK, 28 February 2012 - 07:25 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users