Amistr leveling guide. Do you have it? - Homunculus Headquarters - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Amistr leveling guide. Do you have it?

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 Brandonmaru

Brandonmaru

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:57 AM

I reset my homunculus and my amistr is level 60 and I can not find a good spot to level him for the life of me.

No I will not go to ant hell because that place is over run with homunculus. And orc dungeon is really slow exp as well.

Any suggestions?

Edited by Brandonmaru, 01 March 2012 - 07:58 AM.

#2 big742003

big742003

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • Server:Mostly Ygg, some Valk

Posted 01 March 2012 - 09:51 AM

I know you said OD is slow exp, and it is, but if you drag your homu around or tele around you can land in mob dense areas. Do you specifically want to afk lvl your ami? Maybe you can park next to the hydra pool in payon 4 (hydras and sohees)?

#3 Tetsamaru

Tetsamaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1458 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:33 PM

There is also a nice AFK hydra pool(along with Kaphas and Karakasas) in Amatsu as well.

#4 Brandonmaru

Brandonmaru

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:06 PM

When homunculus first came out I know the payon cave hydras were always taken. (And you actually got in trouble for afk leveling lol) But amatsu is a good idea!! I'll try it out!

#5 Chorolus

Chorolus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Locationin a box...

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:25 PM

XP pretty much slows down around lvl 60+ wherever you go. I'd say Muscovia 2 but you'll probably burn a lot of whites keeping it alive there. Muscovia 3 is great xp/hour when you get it lvl 9x though, getting 200k exp/hour while roaming. Afk xp is poo though cause nobody else is there...

Orc Dungeon is pretty much about as good as it gets for afk, between spawn rate and afk-survivability. I was averaging 30k exp/hour afk there, closer to 45k/hour while roaming mob hunting. It seems slow, but I still got a few lvl's per day up till lvl 90 and took about a week to go from 93-99. Not too bad, really...I swear it took 4x as long pre-renewal.

--edit--
Mentioned dance attack in your other thread, did you get that working? It makes a world of difference with Amistr's above average HP regen and lack of offensive skills :D

Edited by Chorolus, 01 March 2012 - 02:26 PM.

#6 Brandonmaru

Brandonmaru

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:27 PM

--edit--
Mentioned dance attack in your other thread, did you get that working? It makes a world of difference with Amistr's above average HP regen and lack of offensive skills :D

Replied in the other thread!

When I got to amatsu someone was already there raping everything. Buy i'm in payon at hydras now and it seems to be good!

#7 big742003

big742003

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • Server:Mostly Ygg, some Valk

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:57 PM

:D

Hydras are low exp, but:

They spawn in the same place.
They spawn quickly.
Other mobs are floating around and occasionally supplement exp.

#8 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:08 PM

It's anthell or OD2. OD2 was good to 70 IME, and at 70, OD2 should be a piece of cake. Just be sure to pop a speedpot before you summon (or cart boost if you're genetic) so it isn't slow as hell.

#9 Chigikogou

Chigikogou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1778 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:14 PM

I stopped dreaming of OD2 .. since its Amistr. Low damage to mobs, Vanil Homuns KSing what your Amstr Mobs..

I only do manual leveling, not afk one for my Amstr.

#10 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:20 PM

I stopped dreaming of OD2 .. since its Amistr. Low damage to mobs, Vanil Homuns KSing what your Amstr Mobs..

I only do manual leveling, not afk one for my Amstr.

I see plenty of amistrs doing fine in OD2 - they get slower exp than other homuns, but they seem to do okay. Anything's better than having to manually level the damned things.

Edited by DrAzzy, 01 March 2012 - 05:21 PM.

#11 Brandonmaru

Brandonmaru

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:17 PM

I have gotten from 60-66 from hydras in payon cave. I'm lovin it here :D

#12 dontleaveme

dontleaveme

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 353 posts
  • LocationSC, USA

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:22 PM

60-70 is when you move from ant hell to OD2 from there. You're in od2 for life when "afk leveling". Hopefully we can start a new afk map withing the next month once everyone gets a homun S

#13 Chorolus

Chorolus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Locationin a box...

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:22 PM

60-70 is when you move from ant hell to OD2 from there. You're in od2 for life when "afk leveling". Hopefully we can start a new afk map withing the next month once everyone gets a homun S

I vote we get a few more ppl in Muscovia 3! The map is actually fairly small, and great xp per kill. If anyone wants to give Muscovia 2/3 a shot, pm me ingame on []~Balthazar~[] and I can warp ya there. No charge, the more ppl there the better the spawn! Anyone with an S-class on Valkyrie, come join me! :(

Anyways, back to the topic at hand...personally, I 99'd my Amistr in OD1. OD2 is empty on Valkyrie... If you enable Dance Attack, you should be able to kill almost as fast as the filir/vani's though. My genetics Amistr actually killed faster then my alt alch's Filir did, granted that was with cart boost active, which makes a HUGE difference. You can achieve the same effect by using a speed potion. It will end if you log off, change maps/get disconnected though. Or if your homunc dies(yay, DB's!).

If you want to lvl it really fast though, manually lvling it is the way to go...pain in the ass, yeah...but much faster. See if you can get a warp to Muscovia Dungeon and give it a shot, the map with the wooden golems and fairy thingies is pretty easy. Even afk'able depending on your server. The more people that are on the map, the more xp you'll get even while afk of coarse.

---edit---
Oh wait, I remember from your other thread that you're a genetic also...so you don't have to burn potions! Cart Boost FTW :D

Edited by Chorolus, 01 March 2012 - 07:33 PM.

#14 Brandonmaru

Brandonmaru

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:53 PM

I vote we get a few more ppl in Muscovia 3! The map is actually fairly small, and great xp per kill. If anyone wants to give Muscovia 2/3 a shot, pm me ingame on []~Balthazar~[] and I can warp ya there. No charge, the more ppl there the better the spawn! Anyone with an S-class on Valkyrie, come join me! :(

Anyways, back to the topic at hand...personally, I 99'd my Amistr in OD1. OD2 is empty on Valkyrie... If you enable Dance Attack, you should be able to kill almost as fast as the filir/vani's though. My genetics Amistr actually killed faster then my alt alch's Filir did, granted that was with cart boost active, which makes a HUGE difference. You can achieve the same effect by using a speed potion. It will end if you log off, change maps/get disconnected though. Or if your homunc dies(yay, DB's!).

If you want to lvl it really fast though, manually lvling it is the way to go...pain in the ass, yeah...but much faster. See if you can get a warp to Muscovia Dungeon and give it a shot, the map with the wooden golems and fairy thingies is pretty easy. Even afk'able depending on your server. The more people that are on the map, the more xp you'll get even while afk of coarse.

---edit---
Oh wait, I remember from your other thread that you're a genetic also...so you don't have to burn potions! Cart Boost FTW :D

Should I go to orc dungeon 1 then? At Hydras I have been getting about 1 level on my homunculus every 30 minutes or so. A bit longer now that he's about to hit 69. I wanna get 99 so bad uug. I'll do whatever is the fastest.

Edited by Brandonmaru, 01 March 2012 - 07:56 PM.

#15 Chorolus

Chorolus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Locationin a box...

Posted 01 March 2012 - 09:08 PM

Last time I tried Hydras, the xp was slower then OD1...but I haven't been to hydras in ages... Couldn't hurt to try Orc Zombies to compare. Or if you want to give Muscovia a shot, pm me ingame for a warp. It's slower xp if you afk but way, WAY faster xp then OD if you roam around a bit. If nothing else, the drops are a lot nicer...especially when you get to 9x and can handle the 3rd lvl of the 'dungeon' forest thing. Blue Herbs, cake, Worn-out Magic Scrolls, and Crystal Mirrors to name a few :D

I'm trying to get more people to try it out, both lvl 2 and 3 are amazing maps in my opinion...just annoying to get there without a warp.

Edited by Chorolus, 01 March 2012 - 09:09 PM.

#16 dontleaveme

dontleaveme

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 353 posts
  • LocationSC, USA

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:45 AM

I think moscovia 3 isn't as good now that the spotlight is gone.

Edited by dontleaveme, 02 March 2012 - 02:46 AM.

#17 Chorolus

Chorolus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Locationin a box...

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:46 PM

Might have been better during the spotlight, but it's still better xp/hour then OD 2 while roaming. I could only get around 40k xp/hour in OD1 about 100k xp/hour in OD2, Can get 200k+ in Muscovia 3 (without using cannon ofc).

Edited by Chorolus, 02 March 2012 - 02:47 PM.

#18 dontleaveme

dontleaveme

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 353 posts
  • LocationSC, USA

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:04 PM

I pretty much just leave my homun in OD2 now. Still decently fast, esp now that my sera is loyal (or was loyal, cordial now) I can just sleep with her out and feed her during the day. I wake up and she has gained a nice chunk of exp. Slept 4 hours last night, woke up and she went from 40% to 97%

If you're going to sleep with your homun out I would HIGHLY suggest turning off dance so it can have decent hp recov. With dance off my sera never drops below 13k hp, even with a mob and several orc archers on her. 16k hp, 1.3k sp, and 440 def make her pretty much invincible in OD2.

#19 Chorolus

Chorolus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Locationin a box...

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:36 PM

Yeah, OD 1/2 are pretty much the best there is for afk lvling mainly due to the spawn rate from having so many afk'ers in there. I just get bored...my brewer pretty much lives there though lol

#20 Brandonmaru

Brandonmaru

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:45 PM

Wait how can you sleep for 4 hours? What about feeding the homunculus. Iv'e been sleeping for an hour at a time and waking up to feed it. XD

My homunculus is 82 now. Do you think it can handle afking else where? Even semi-afk?

#21 dontleaveme

dontleaveme

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 353 posts
  • LocationSC, USA

Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:00 PM

Lol, well I didn't want to sleep for 4 hours. I was forced awake from my peaceful slumber T^T I could soooo use another 8 hours of sleep XD

#22 Chorolus

Chorolus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Locationin a box...

Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:18 PM

Wait how can you sleep for 4 hours? What about feeding the homunculus. Iv'e been sleeping for an hour at a time and waking up to feed it. XD

My homunculus is 82 now. Do you think it can handle afking else where? Even semi-afk?

Muscovia 2 :rolleyes:

Probably not as fast afk-xp as OD1 would be though...

#23 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts
  • Server:Chaos (Yggdrasil☻RIP)

Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:56 PM

I know you said OD is slow exp, and it is, but if you drag your homu around or tele around you can land in mob dense areas. Do you specifically want to afk lvl your ami? Maybe you can park next to the hydra pool in payon 4 (hydras and sohees)?

^
this

if you keep teleporting when your mob runs out (not afk'ing) you can actually get a lot of exp in there <3 hide clip

#24 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 07:13 AM

The new Brasilis Spotlight map is awesome. I'm getting like 3k EXP from each kill. And the mobs have less HP/Def than Moscovia mobs, and they also hit a WHOLE lot less. I train my Amistr there he's lvl 90 and he's getting like 1 lvl ever 40mins, It's pretty good for an amistr.

I go to the map where Boitata spawns.

#25 Chorolus

Chorolus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Locationin a box...

Posted 03 March 2012 - 01:13 PM

Noob question...how the heck do you get there? It's one of the maps that was added while I was on RO-vacation, I suppose xD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users