Amistr leveling guide. Do you have it? - Page 2 - Homunculus Headquarters - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Amistr leveling guide. Do you have it?

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#26 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 03 March 2012 - 07:29 PM

Noob question...how the heck do you get there? It's one of the maps that was added while I was on RO-vacation, I suppose xD

You mean the Brasilis Dungeon?
If so you need a entrance quest, HERE it is.

#27 big742003

big742003

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • Server:Mostly Ygg, some Valk

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:41 AM

The new Brasilis Spotlight map is awesome. I'm getting like 3k EXP from each kill. And the mobs have less HP/Def than Moscovia mobs, and they also hit a WHOLE lot less. I train my Amistr there he's lvl 90 and he's getting like 1 lvl ever 40mins, It's pretty good for an amistr.

I go to the map where Boitata spawns.

I'm trying this one out now. The exp per kill is good, but the spawn is not great for afk even with the bots running around :mellow:

Let's all converge on Brasilis dungeon 2 and get some spawn!

#28 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:59 AM

I'm trying this one out now. The exp per kill is good, but the spawn is not great for afk even with the bots running around :mellow:

Let's all converge on Brasilis dungeon 2 and get some spawn!

Bots? Are there bots in that dungeon in Ygg? Wow... that sucks.
Yeah, it's not a good AFK dungeon with the current spawn, I was saying for normal walking.

#29 big742003

big742003

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:42 AM

Bots? Are there bots in that dungeon in Ygg? Wow... that sucks.
Yeah, it's not a good AFK dungeon with the current spawn, I was saying for normal walking.

No, I'm on my alt on Valk. I doubt there are bots on it in ygg. Haven't visited.

#30 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:33 PM

No, I'm on my alt on Valk. I doubt there are bots on it in ygg. Haven't visited.

Hmmm, I've never seen any bots in there when I go. Weird..

#31 big742003

big742003

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:53 PM

Hmmm, I've never seen any bots in there when I go. Weird..

I saw a wiz with a priest slave casting LOV on a single event mob (devel's messenger). That smells like a bot to me :mellow: Also when she cast Magni, it was showing over a random knight running another pattern away from those two. Then there was a smith that would not respond to me, but would defend herself if attacked... I may be miss interpreting what I see, idk.

#32 Ramen19

Ramen19

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • Server:Classic~

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:40 AM

God you guys are terrible, I don't know why you underestimate the power of the sheep! He has extreme def, takes hits like a champ, heals itself pretty quickly, nice attack with dance attack, has nice raw damage, even better with bloody lust. Sure it doesn't compete with Vani/Filir but it gets the job done. Once mine is a Fairy "Elra" which will be 105. It will have a single wind attack which might be able to kill nicely. Trying to get it to the one skill with 189 flat aspd and then it will be able to hit like 1k every 3/sec. =) Lets see how I lvl'd mine was Spores till 13, then ant hell till 50. OD 1 at 50-60. 60 OD2 all the way. It's 101 atm. So stop complaining rofl.

#33 big742003

big742003

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:41 AM

Idk, with the current event and great spawn OD1 feels like more exp/hr than OD2. Anyone else feel that way?

#34 dontleaveme

dontleaveme

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 353 posts
  • LocationSC, USA

Posted 06 March 2012 - 03:51 PM

God you guys are terrible, I don't know why you underestimate the power of the sheep! He has extreme def, takes hits like a champ, heals itself pretty quickly, nice attack with dance attack, has nice raw damage, even better with bloody lust. Sure it doesn't compete with Vani/Filir but it gets the job done. Once mine is a Fairy "Elra" which will be 105. It will have a single wind attack which might be able to kill nicely. Trying to get it to the one skill with 189 flat aspd and then it will be able to hit like 1k every 3/sec. =) Lets see how I lvl'd mine was Spores till 13, then ant hell till 50. OD 1 at 50-60. 60 OD2 all the way. It's 101 atm. So stop complaining rofl.

Homun def = bad def
Once you get Eira to 105 it's wind attack will suck for a good while, amistir have horrible matk growth. Not to mention Eira's attacks are the weakest of the Homun S as she is a support homun S. Eira's overed boost also isn't a very good skill to keep up 100% of the time since it sets hunger to 1 and takes a chunk out of the genetics sp. Amistirs sp mod is also the worst of the homun. I'll take 400-800 more sp over an hp mod slightly higher than a vani's and a bit more def from Adamantium Skin.

IMO, The only point in having an amistir base is for slightly better endgame results in staying alive. At the cost of slower leveling and less sp. (both however won't matter once the homun S is 150) this makes amistir possibly the best endgame homun, but I personally just prefer the faster leveling of a vani/filir base once taking all the pro's and con's into consideration.

People should make a homun they enjoy during all levels, not just 150, but realistically you need the think about which homun you will enjoy most at 150 because you will spend a few months leveling and then the rest of your RO life with that homun. Make sure you will enjoy it because I doubt you will want to willingly remake it at that point :P

I enjoy every homun, but I do have favorites :P

Homun are the main reason why I started playing RO and why I still do, so I plan on getting all 5 homun S eventually @_@

Will just take awhile because I want to work on them one or two at a time instead of all at once.

IMO, this is how I look at the homun S.

Eira -> A lif + filir hybrid. High aspd/flee and support based.
Bayeri -> Vani + amistir hybrid. Best literal tank due to Golden Ferse and Stein Wand. His aoe is also matk based.
Dieter -> Not really sure what to base him off of. Take the dna of all the normal Homun, pack it into a rock and let it sit over night. You then receive a mutant child in a flask carried by said rock that can find a use in almost every situation. Nice aoe skills (once they are enabled) nice buff skills (+200 atk). Amazing woe/pvp skills, and a nice hp mod. Dieter is the only homun S with really more than 1 end game purpose, hence why endgame based genetics tend to get him.
Sera -> Lif + amistir + filir hybrid. Painkiller for support. Pretty nice hp and aspd mod, and has atk based skills. Sera is a pure pvm endgame homun. I see her mainly being used for ET/mvp genetics.
Eleanor -> amistir + filir hybrid. She is literally the new filir. Best 1vs1 dmg (by far!) with some pvp usage with grappler mode skills.

Yea... sorry for all the random info in this post XD Just one of those days and I'm out of my meds due to the stupid Adderall shortage that has lasted forever. Gonna try finding a pharmacy with my dosage again tomorrow. I swear, getting my script filled on time monthly is harder than getting 150 on RO. :rolleyes:

Edited by dontleaveme, 12 March 2012 - 03:14 PM.

#35 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 04:26 AM

Status report:

Amistr >deiter lv 99-109 is as bad as everyone says.

If you're going amistr > deiter, please be prepared for one massive grind.

#36 Chorolus

Chorolus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Locationin a box...

Posted 11 March 2012 - 02:55 PM

Bit off-topic mebbe, but I just decided to reroll my Vani->Eleanor for Amistr Base instead. Caprice seems like an utter waste on an S-type that does so much damage perfectly fine without it. Also, aiming to use it as an MVP-tank with Bloodlust+Sonic Claw. 5 min uptime is more then enough for most MVP's so long as you don't run out of bombs, lol.

Yeah, Amistr has the worst SP-mod and SP-regen, but if you don't mind burning a few blues, they will regain about as much as the other S-types(except for Lif mebbe) once their stats start nearing the cap. So whether you have 800sp or 1500sp...it doesn't matter much when it still just takes 2 blues to fill their bar back up again? =p

Also, Muscovia 3 is yummy. I found more blue herbs then I use in potions to keep the Eleanor-chainsaw going xD

Edited by Chorolus, 11 March 2012 - 02:59 PM.

#37 dontleaveme

dontleaveme

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 353 posts
  • LocationSC, USA

Posted 11 March 2012 - 03:32 PM

Bit off-topic mebbe, but I just decided to reroll my Vani->Eleanor for Amistr Base instead. Caprice seems like an utter waste on an S-type that does so much damage perfectly fine without it. Also, aiming to use it as an MVP-tank with Bloodlust+Sonic Claw. 5 min uptime is more then enough for most MVP's so long as you don't run out of bombs, lol.

Yeah, Amistr has the worst SP-mod and SP-regen, but if you don't mind burning a few blues, they will regain about as much as the other S-types(except for Lif mebbe) once their stats start nearing the cap. So whether you have 800sp or 1500sp...it doesn't matter much when it still just takes 2 blues to fill their bar back up again? =p

Also, Muscovia 3 is yummy. I found more blue herbs then I use in potions to keep the Eleanor-chainsaw going xD

Errr... good luck with that :hmm:

You realize that:
1. blood lust ends if your homun dies and you go straight into the 20min cooldown
2. the free intimacy is gone so you have to manually loyal your homun twice now
3. big difference in using two blues to refill 800sp and 1500sp
4. both amistir and Eleanor have horrible sp mods. You're looking at prob 1200 sp at 150 for amistir -> eleanor.

why remake it for the purpose of mvping...? Eleanor is a PvP homun, not MvP. (besides the low-teir mvps that you could easily out pot and kill in <10 bombs anyways)

Edited by dontleaveme, 11 March 2012 - 03:42 PM.

#38 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 08:58 PM

If you want an MVPing homunculus, do consider either Sera or Deiter (Sera for +massive damage reduction and Deiter for + massive bomb damage)

#39 big742003

big742003

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 12 March 2012 - 03:29 AM

So it's confirmed that Dieter can increase bomb damage?

#40 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:20 AM

I do believe it has. And even then, if volcanic ash works on MVP's, then it's basically a mini-lex divina anyway.

#41 Chorolus

Chorolus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Locationin a box...

Posted 12 March 2012 - 03:04 PM

Errr... good luck with that :hmm:

You realize that:
1. blood lust ends if your homun dies and you go straight into the 20min cooldown
2. the free intimacy is gone so you have to manually loyal your homun twice now
3. big difference in using two blues to refill 800sp and 1500sp
4. both amistir and Eleanor have horrible sp mods. You're looking at prob 1200 sp at 150 for amistir -> eleanor.

why remake it for the purpose of mvping...? Eleanor is a PvP homun, not MvP. (besides the low-teir mvps that you could easily out pot and kill in <10 bombs anyways)

That's true, forgot that it ends if the homunc dies...owell, will be a bit of a first-hand experiment to see how well bloodlust will work on an Eleanor. Was planning to make Deiter once I'm 150 for WoE support anyways, will likely use Eleanor for the sheer damage while leveling up till then ^_^

Edited by Chorolus, 12 March 2012 - 03:04 PM.

#42 dontleaveme

dontleaveme

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 353 posts
  • LocationSC, USA

Posted 12 March 2012 - 03:17 PM

That's true, forgot that it ends if the homunc dies...owell, will be a bit of a first-hand experiment to see how well bloodlust will work on an Eleanor. Was planning to make Deiter once I'm 150 for WoE support anyways, will likely use Eleanor for the sheer damage while leveling up till then ^_^

I would go ahead and make a Dieter now imo. It only take 1-2 months to get 150 (at most if you actually play your char). If you really want a homun to help with leveling, go with sera for painkiller to make soloing cheap and easier. CC does better dmg than sonic claw and it's an aoe. Dieter could also help with leveling because pyro adds +200 atk and gives fire endow.

Eleanor levels herself faster than dieter and sera only until they get their aoe's. After 109/116 dieter and sera can mob level increasing exp/hr by a lot.

I made my current sera when my female gene was like level 104. She's now 119 and I've only spent a few days actually leveling her because I've been focused on my sera. If I was focusing on my gene she would've been 150 by now. Over half of her levels are actually from moscovia 3 / od2

Why waste almost 300 hours feeding your homun to loyal twice if you plan on deleting it once you get 150?

It's easier and faster to just make another genetic if you want to test more than one homun S :P

Edited by dontleaveme, 12 March 2012 - 03:29 PM.

#43 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:28 AM

Yeah I am seriously planning on making another gene, just so I can have a filir-base homun S. Maybe bayeri or something :x

#44 TheDubSmith

TheDubSmith

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 December 2015 - 11:39 AM

Sorry for posting a Necro. But Sunken Ship is an excellent place to manual or afk.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users