After 99 homun leveling? - Homunculus Headquarters - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

After 99 homun leveling?

• Please log in to reply
180 replies to this topic

#1 MizunoAoi

MizunoAoi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 587 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos and Loki

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:35 AM

I've been looking at game maps trying to find alternative to OD2 as it's a bit slow in the later homun levels.

Does anyone think nif_fild02 could be good for getting into the 100s for our homun? I mean, if we had enough people there like OD2. It's small and mobby, but I'm not sure about the survivability, especially afk.

But getting a minimum of 1,692 xp from a mob (Lude) as opposed to a maximum of 922 xp from the occasional orc archer sounds nice. And if we had enough people there I think the spawn could be just as good.

Or do you think it'd be suicide?

As a bonus we couldn't be branched as it's a field map. >.>;

#2 Tetsamaru

Tetsamaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1458 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:51 PM

I have to say, it really looks like that can work. As far as survivability goes, you'd definitely at least need ot have combat stats and not be a pure forger. Hell my pure forger alchy is already having a hard time surviving OD2(gotta tuck him in the corner).

Seems like it could work for Homun S though.

#3 Chorolus

Chorolus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Locationin a box...
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:34 PM

I've been thinking about this one for a while actually. A few options:

Muscovia dungeon 2 - few aggressive mobs, decent xp. Map is kinda big though.
Muscovia dungeon 3 - has an MVP, but it always spawns in the little boxed area in the NE; great spawn rate if we could get a few more folks up there. Everything is aggressive though, so to afk might be a good idea to pair up with someone or get a bunch of auto-cast heal items like Loli-carded armor.

Turtle Island 1 - fairly small map, great spawn. Dragontails and those evil worms from HELL *ahem*...I mean pests...are the only aggressive things there. Also might be good to pair up there in case some roamer decides to drop a mob on you on their way through to lvl 2.

Niff 1 or 2 are options but I don't think it would be afk'able. The stuff just hits a bit too hard there, not to mention everything being aggressive. Pairing up to afk might work, though Niff 2 might want groups of 3 or so to increase survivability.

Magmaring can also work well, but map is huge and not worth it unless there are a lot of people on it.

One of the main downsides to TI and Niff is that hide won't work (vs bugs and demons), so the only way to drop aggro is to tele/wing...or Castling if it decides to actually work right, lol

Once you get past lvl 100 or so it's hard to find maps with worthwhile xp/hour that you can survive on afk though. Especially if you have a homunc that's designed more for tanking then for killing, like mine... :D

Edited by Chorolus, 01 March 2012 - 02:37 PM.

#4 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:10 PM

Ama 2 looks better. The map is tiny, and it's just packed with monsters, an they give good exp. I'm hoping some of the changes I made with Dev13 should allow afking there without that much fear. The map is just horrible in terms of terrain though - you need to make sure you don't set up such that things could snipe you over a fallen tree.

#5 Chorolus

Chorolus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Locationin a box...

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:39 PM

Ama 2 looks better. The map is tiny, and it's just packed with monsters, an they give good exp. I'm hoping some of the changes I made with Dev13 should allow afking there without that much fear. The map is just horrible in terms of terrain though - you need to make sure you don't set up such that things could snipe you over a fallen tree.

Never thought of that map...that's the one beyond the Firelock maze map right? XP could be great, but I *HATE* that maze :D

#6 lainee

lainee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 729 posts
  • LocationOceanic Eternity
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:47 PM

Never thought of that map...that's the one beyond the Firelock maze map right? XP could be great, but I *HATE* that maze :D

It's pretty easy when you know it (you can actually tell by the patterns/carpets on the floor when you should change direction) but in the mean time here is a map you can follow.

Posted Image

#7 Tetsamaru

Tetsamaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1458 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:49 PM

Speaking of Turtle Island field, i actually recall some AFKmist before renewal there. Not to mention that just like Zenorcs, the Spring rabbits are looters as well. Also no annoying ranged archer monsters.

IIRC the reason why it never took off was because it cost 10k to get there. Also I may be trippng but I do recall back in the day Turtle island used to be memo warpable (like Byalan Island).

#8 Chorolus

Chorolus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Locationin a box...

Posted 01 March 2012 - 09:15 PM

Can't warp to TI anymore unfortunately...used to be able to use marriage/adoption summon but they disabled that too =[

So far as the firelock map, I know the route through but thanks for posting it just the same...I just hate the map with a passion after spending so much time there on my old pre-renewal Spirit Monk, spamming Pneuma and melee'ing firelocks endlessly...before they nerfed him into uselessness :D

Kind of silly that 10k zeny deters ppl from trying Turtles Isle though...that's like what, 5min worth of looting junk in orc dungeon worth of zeny? :(

#9 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts
  • LocationAFK in Ymir pront

Posted 01 March 2012 - 09:45 PM

Well keep poking at Oda then to get him to implement my idea. VIP warper that only warps you if you have a homun out to a copy (like the copies of TI maps) of amatsu2 dungeon with the firelocks replaced with more toads / miyabe dolls. The the whiners get what they want ( less people in OD1/2 ETC ) and WE get a semi decent place to level without having to constantly babysit the homunculus.

Ideally the homunculus would level WITH us as we level.... but that won't work for many reasons, mostly because of the fact that a lot of homunculus owners are already max level.

Use dungeon teleport scrolls, they take you literally 3 steps away from the portal to level two.

#10 MizunoAoi

MizunoAoi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 587 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:24 AM

I thought about TI and Ama2 as well but I was trying to avoid maps with ranged characters (I still die to the occasional orc archer even) and TI has an Eden sign board quest associated with it. I'd rather not give people more reason to dislike us.

And isn't Ama2 considered a dungeon, and thus, branchable (been killed more by griefers than anything else trying to level my houmn).

Muscovia sounds interesting though, I'll have to take a look at it.

#11 Chorolus

Chorolus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Locationin a box...

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:44 PM

I thought about TI and Ama2 as well but I was trying to avoid maps with ranged characters (I still die to the occasional orc archer even) and TI has an Eden sign board quest associated with it. I'd rather not give people more reason to dislike us.

And isn't Ama2 considered a dungeon, and thus, branchable (been killed more by griefers than anything else trying to level my houmn).

Muscovia sounds interesting though, I'll have to take a look at it.

Dunno how it is on Ymir, but on Valkyrie I'm almost always the only person there. Aside from a bot party that I think I got banned last week :rolleyes:

#12 dontleaveme

dontleaveme

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 353 posts
  • LocationSC, USA

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:55 PM

Nobody really does the TI eden quest. Why bother when you can just do the weekly Turn in?
Not to mention we are talking about the Turtle island entrance with the spring rabbits. Doesn't the eden quest have you hunt the heaters and such?

Edited by dontleaveme, 02 March 2012 - 02:56 PM.

#13 Tetsamaru

Tetsamaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1458 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:48 PM

Actually thinking about it. I honestly say TI field is actually probably a great alternative place to go for high level homuns. It really does seem like a carbon copy of OD2 without the stupid ass Orc Archer. It only has Melee monsters and it has an important Looter type monster. Zenorcs flock to players where the loot is essentially bringing them to you. Spring rabbits will do the same.

Also money is alot easier to make vs Pre-renewal(well 10k was already pretty easy honestly). I'm willing to head over there on Ymir if anyone else wants to give it a try.

Also I agree that it won't matter for the Eden quest. In fact it could essentially help people out. With AFKmist killing the annoying mobs, getting into the dungeon will be easier. Also free loot is always a plus. I myself have never complained about AFKmist, the free loot is a plus.

#14 dontleaveme

dontleaveme

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 353 posts
  • LocationSC, USA

Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:03 PM

If the servers can stay up for more than 30mins I'll head over to TI field with you :rolleyes: Getting tired of the depressing darkness of OD2.

#15 Chorolus

Chorolus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Locationin a box...

Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:14 PM

Need more folks in Muscovia :wacko:

Would be cool to get TI1 going as an alternate higher lvl version of OD though, anyone on Valk? We should get this rolling :rolleyes:

Edited by Chorolus, 02 March 2012 - 04:14 PM.

#16 Tetsamaru

Tetsamaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1458 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:12 PM

Lol, got on my blacksmith to make some gear kafra transfer, then bam, now i can't get log on. C'mon!! I wanna kill some zombie bunnies!

#17 Chorolus

Chorolus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Locationin a box...

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:31 PM

Lol, got on my blacksmith to make some gear kafra transfer, then bam, now i can't get log on. C'mon!! I wanna kill some zombie bunnies!

Yep, login server tanked apparently. Yay for Ragnarok Offline! I wanna lvl the filirs I've been waiting to evolve... :rolleyes:

#18 Tetsamaru

Tetsamaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1458 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:40 PM

Yay for Ragnarok Offline! :rolleyes:

I see what ya did thar......

Incidently, ever seen this?

It's a pretty fun game. Even now.

Edited by Tetsamaru, 02 March 2012 - 05:40 PM.

#19 MizunoAoi

MizunoAoi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 587 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:32 PM

Nobody really does the TI eden quest. Why bother when you can just do the weekly Turn in?
Not to mention we are talking about the Turtle island entrance with the spring rabbits. Doesn't the eden quest have you hunt the heaters and such?

Level 86-90
Dragon Tail, Spring Rabbit, Pest

Level 91-99
Solider, Freezer, Heater

I do the sign quests. :rolleyes:

#20 Tetsamaru

Tetsamaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1458 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 07:52 PM

Well to be fair, the Eden armor quest does have you kill orc skeletons and Zombie orcs. But if anything, it makes it easier for new players to kill Orc Skeletons. With the high spawn rates in OD2. All you have to do is stand in 1 place and they come straight to you.

As far as the higher level Eden quest goes thats TI specific. Meh, I honestly haven't seen too many people do the TI field one. That 10k fee might really be an annoying factor for people since there are other places to go to that are cheaper. Not to mention that if you need to go to Amatsu or any of the other expanded cities you can at least memo warp those spots. Making the 10k fee only a 1 time fee and thats assuming you can't just ask any preist/aco around the area if they have a warp to those locations.

my 2 cents.

Is there no Official Ragnarok Chat room? I used to go to a Ragnarok Chat room back before renewal days but it doesnt exists any more. usually alot of people went in for maintanance time. I can't login again lol.

Edited by Tetsamaru, 02 March 2012 - 07:56 PM.

#21 HeroByChance

HeroByChance

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:29 PM

So on Ymir when and where are we trying these spots out? I'm tired of OD2 and every time I check Mosc Ama2 or TI surface there is no one else there.

#22 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 03 March 2012 - 02:21 PM

HeroByChance, did you leave Ama2? I have a few chars in Ama2 right now, but there's no spawn cause nobody else is there. It works pretty well though.

I think Ama2 is the place to go, for the simple reason that the map is so small, and you can get there really easily with a dungeon tele scroll.

I'm still working out what's causing the homun to sometimes have trouble killing a firelock off itself. I think setting FollowStayBack should do it, but I think there may also be an issue with my Closest-cell finding algorithm, because it's been having trouble chasing things that aren't so far away that it should be having problems.

Edited by DrAzzy, 03 March 2012 - 03:04 PM.

#23 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 07:42 PM

I say it's better if all the Homunculus users go to the spotlighted spots... ATM Brasilis is AWESOME, mobs are weak and EXP is superb (3k per kill with my Amistr)

#24 dontleaveme

dontleaveme

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 353 posts
  • LocationSC, USA

Posted 04 March 2012 - 09:11 AM

Lol, went to try Ama2 and got a shinobi card on the first kill. Not worth anything, but a nice little surprise. Better than the 12 orc skel cards I have <.<

Edited by dontleaveme, 04 March 2012 - 09:12 AM.

#25 Ludercrs

Ludercrs

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 March 2012 - 10:44 AM

ima go join you guys in Ama2 for fun and try it out. :mellow:

EDIT: i see the potential of Ama2. but for now we have to walk around cus of the spawn. if some1 is not vit spec though i can see it being hard. for those who hate the maze you can use Dungeon Teleport Scrolls from kafra shop and it takes you directly to lvl 2.

That firelock knockback can be annoying if AFKing...

Edited by Ludercrs, 04 March 2012 - 12:33 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users