Brasilis Murder Mystery - Page 4 - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Brasilis Murder Mystery

• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

#76 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 10 March 2012 - 01:55 PM

Same here...

#77 Matsunoki

Matsunoki

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 02:09 PM

I had this problem as well (I got the key from the bookcase) and it's still broken. A GM had to warp me to the next area for me to finish the quest. I'd suggest writing in a ticket.

I did make a ticket, but all I got was "it has been forwarded to the appropriate department."
:(

#78 pikachiquita5

pikachiquita5

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 314 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:11 AM

Hmm, I'm trying to get the fragment from the 4th spot (115, 213). I can't find anything in the spot though....I tried to revisit the other areas before just for the heck of it, but I can't get the final piece of the locket O_o

Does anyone know of any other locations? I also tried to spam click the fourth spot, hoping I just had to keep trying to dig but to no avail. I'm sad that I can't seem to finish the quest due to its inherent weirdness.

Is this quest staying in? I sure hope so, especially since it's been so buggy.

#79 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:15 AM

There are more than four spots, I think...

#80 pikachiquita5

pikachiquita5

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 314 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:56 PM

There are more than four spots, I think...

Do you know the coords of any other spots? The only ones I know of are those listed in the iroWiki. I'd really like to finish the quest, but at the same time I dunno if I want to scour the entire map trying to find those patches of wet earth.

For the maint notes today, it looks like they're not taking out the quest yet, so that works for me. Hopefully we can figure out where the other spots are!

#81 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:41 AM

Well I can't talk to the dresser to find the matchsticks still, so I have no clue what it was that they fixed on the last maintenance.

Edit: NVM found out how to fix it, you have to talk to the Strange Device again for it to work.

Edited by iiNote, 14 March 2012 - 10:46 AM.

#82 pikachiquita5

pikachiquita5

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 314 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 05:36 PM

I guess no one has found more than the four spots listed on iroWiki? The last spot (115, 213) still doesn't do anything for me.....I'd really like to find the last piece of the locket though O_o

I have a couple people on the last part of the locket, and I've tried that last spot with them, nothing happens =/ It just says something like "You decide to dig. You can't find anything, better try something else." Is there something I'm not doing?

#83 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:38 PM

When I wrote it, it was intended that there would be ten spots to check. I'm not sure if they all made it in, however.

edit;

Just occurred to me, try talking to Mrs. Moneybags again. You may not have had your quest reset or you may have already found it and just not noticed.

Edited by Ralis, 14 March 2012 - 07:38 PM.

#84 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:59 PM

how do i exactly "chase him around the exits"
he ran for south east exit....apparently i cant find how to proceed

so go around in circles....old skool scooby doo style
epic awesome quest, good quest ralis the story line was awesomeeee

Edited by Heart, 14 March 2012 - 10:03 PM.

#85 sug4r

sug4r

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 404 posts
  • Server:and Rose Online

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:19 PM

I guess no one has found more than the four spots listed on iroWiki? The last spot (115, 213) still doesn't do anything for me.....I'd really like to find the last piece of the locket though O_o

I have a couple people on the last part of the locket, and I've tried that last spot with them, nothing happens =/ It just says something like "You decide to dig. You can't find anything, better try something else." Is there something I'm not doing?

there's a total of 5 spot i found

#86 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:26 PM

Thanks. =) Storyline was lol... I wrote the outline in like half an hour, but I love doing mysteries and puzzles. :D

#87 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:09 PM

Thanks. =) Storyline was lol... I wrote the outline in like half an hour, but I love doing mysteries and puzzles. :D

how to enter the dungeon rofl cant find it xD

#88 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:22 PM

You have to do a short quest to gain access, but you get in via the toilet in the museum bathroom.

And no, I'm not joking.

#89 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:25 PM

You have to do a short quest to gain access, but you get in via the toilet in the museum bathroom.

And no, I'm not joking.

ewww and i got in..hw to get out rofl?

#90 holatuwol

holatuwol

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:46 PM

Let me guess... when the maintenance notes said, "Brasilis Murder Quest, the Dresser Key now works to activate strange device," it means they fixed something else and the bookcase key is still bugged. Or maybe I'm doing something horribly wrong.

I got the key from the bookcase since I searched from left to right after breaking down the door rather than from bottom to top.

I looked at the paper in the coal, followed the implicit instructions and clicked on the lower right, lower left, upper left, upper right flag, and nothing. Dialogue doesn't change as I click each flag more times. Clicking on the button on the counter causes me to lose HP.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Edited by holatuwol, 14 March 2012 - 11:50 PM.

#91 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:50 PM

The bookcase key was never supposed to go to the flags. There is one portal that takes you randomly to one of two rooms, you want the one with the Strange Device.

To get out, Heart, you need to talk to the Pipe near where you entered.

#92 holatuwol

holatuwol

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:54 PM

There is one portal that takes you randomly to one of two rooms, you want the one with the Strange Device.

Ah, so I have to keep leaving and coming back until it sends me to the correct room, gotcha. Thanks, Ralis!

#93 RennaSaintsworth

RennaSaintsworth

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1908 posts
  • LocationScarlet Devil Mansion

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:56 PM

I fall in love to this quest :p_love: Thanks to those who made this Brasilis Murder Quest!! :thx:

#94 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:18 AM

I fall in love to this quest :p_love: Thanks to those Ralis who made this Brasilis Murder Quest!! :thx:

corrected@

#95 pikachiquita5

pikachiquita5

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 314 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:42 AM

there's a total of 5 spot i found

@Ralis: I've tried talking to Mrs. Moneybags prior to my attempt to find the last fragment. All she says is that there is another to be found, so that doesn't trigger anything special.

Ah ok, iroWiki has one more new spot: (bra_dun01: 35, 204). I haven't tried going there yet, so I'll attempt that later. Hopefully that is the spot that works for me.

#96 WNxAnima

WNxAnima

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:45 AM

Well I can't talk to the dresser to find the matchsticks still, so I have no clue what it was that they fixed on the last maintenance.

Edit: NVM found out how to fix it, you have to talk to the Strange Device again for it to work.

This does not work for me. Anyone else unable to get the matches still? Can GMs just put a warp portal at the appropriate spot?

#97 pikachiquita5

pikachiquita5

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 314 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:14 PM

Yay! The newest spot listed on iroWiki (35, 204) seems to have been the trigger spot for all my characters that have done the quest. Thanks everyone for putting up the guide!! Helped my noob AB get some starting job levels =)

#98 Ishira

Ishira

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 17 March 2012 - 11:50 PM

Kinda having a problem with the quest. I at the part where you're suppose to get matchsticks out of a dresser but im not even getting dialogue when i go to the dresser and ive tried everything suggested here for it and nothing is working... id really like to finish the quest

#99 Defstatic

Defstatic

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 80 posts
  • LocationVancouver, WA

Posted 20 March 2012 - 02:24 PM

I'm in the same boar as Ishira. I can't get the matches. I submitted a ticket so hopefully I can get some assistance soon. Upon coming to the strange device the portal was already there. There's no way to tell if your turning the toggle switches right or not. I've tried numerous combinations but I have no idea what way to turn them. Does anyone have that solution handy? Maybe that would fix my issue...

Aside from this I enjoy the quest. I did it on my Sinx going the blue cloak path and had no problems at all. I guess the bookshelf is still is buggy =\

#100 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:30 PM

You need to toggle the switches correctly or the matches will not work you. It is possible, there's a hint somewhere in the room.

When I wrote the quest, it was intended to be instanced for each player so that the only way to spawn a portal was for YOU to spawn it. =)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users