Innovative Rose changing ideas - Page 2 - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Innovative Rose changing ideas

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#26 nikst3r

nikst3r

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 673 posts
  • LocationIn my bed
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:43 AM

Without intefering the debate ( :mellow: ) I would like to add my personal opinion to all has been written in this topic.

Is Rose slowly dying or is there potential to grow: Is Rose a Sinking Ship?

First of all I've been playing Rose since the early beta and have experienced many changes. An alternative to Rose doesn't excist. In my opinion there is only 1 game which provides a comparable experience, yet is a tiny bit superior to Rose, which is Ragnarok. Similar to Rose Ragnarok doesn't score high in grafics, doesn't provide many different outfits BUT is enormously popular. But I play Rose, why?

The reason why I choose Rose over Ragnarok.
Rose has the most variety compared to Ragnarok. Never have I seen a game wich has more elements of gameplay/experience than Rose. Correct me if I'm wrong. Unfortunately people like me are rare. As is the number of people who reply to this topic. The core playerbase of Rose concists of the people who reply here or are somewhat active with the forums. The core playerbase consist of a couple dozens of players, unfortunately.

Why Rose is not the succes we happy few want it to be.
As I mentioned Rose has a lot of different gameplay elements, with not even one properly developt. A lot of people will like Rose for 1 week. There is something for everybody to like. But than boredom kicks in... Missed opportunity, customer lost, attracted but failed to bond it to the game.

My "innovative" changing idea. To achieve the best game possible we have to compromis. It's called the majority rules. Add a wishlist and only develop components that are supported the most, by the community offcourse. Some will lose, many will win.

What kind of game is Rose. Rose might die. Its marked share is probably the lowest ever. It's potiontal to growth is supported by a few. It's all about the money, there isn't much invested atm. Were in a sinking ship. We might want to take of.... We won't win :waddle:

#27 NoodleKingg

NoodleKingg

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:20 PM

We did see some PvM updates in 2011 such as the Epic Weapons and "King's Quest," however those updates were more beneficial towards PvP oriented players as they now possess stronger weapons, stats, and power. Those updates also threw the game off balance since some Epics have more desirable stats than other epics and did make some classes more favorable.

Regarding class balancing, it seems that the big guys at WarpPortal/Gravity/whatever it's called headquarters are always talking about and carrying out bits of class balancing and then suddenly dropping the damn thing. For example, correct me if I'm wrong, but they did execute bits of the class balancing patches in late december and even stickied an open opinion thread regarding class balancing so the entire ROSE Community could share its opinions and suggestions, but suddenly there's pretty much no more talk about class balancing coming from the Devs. Instead we Are now focusing on the Game Arena which was initially promised to be released in November, and now I hear talk about some Fire vs Water element bonuses on weapons and armour stuff? I really think that the Dev Team should really focus and execute a project before jumping to a new project because it really does leave the Community and Forumers confused about what's going on and what to expect and ultimately leads to decline in player base. Not to mention that the near quitting players want some new updates pretty soon and jumping from project to project sure won't deliver one good update. At the moment, I think we should really focus on finishing the Class Balancing updates before implementing the Game Arena and Avatar air-bending weapons.

Not to mention that fixing the drop tables would satisfy, maintain and possibly bring back TONS of PvM oriented players. PvM players do buy IM too.

I do apologize for my poor English.

#28 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:14 AM

Actually, the class balancing that you don't hear about is done behind the scenes. Leonis is fully working on the skills of each class and once he's done it'll be aired on pegasus for proper testing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users