Easier way to report bot? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Easier way to report bot?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Flysheepy

Flysheepy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 10:36 AM

Just curious if there's a easier way to report bots in game.
Something similar to in-game gm would be nice.
It sure is a burden to go through all these tickets and picture sending process.

#2 ZeroGrav007

ZeroGrav007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 324 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie, Classic

Posted 03 March 2012 - 10:37 AM

heck, if i was a in-game gm, there would be no bots >.>

#3 Randomititiy

Randomititiy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 714 posts
  • LocationMy warm comfy bed
  • Server:The new one(s)?

Posted 03 March 2012 - 10:42 AM

heck, if i was a in-game gm, there would be no bots >.>

Well good luck trying to keep all the bots away 24/7 when there are more then enough places they just back and forth

#4 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 03 March 2012 - 10:47 AM

Best way is to get a time, map, upper head gear, and class and a GM can pull a list of names based on that along with other details to determine if they are a farming bot at least.

#5 bodgingbrom

bodgingbrom

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 10:57 AM

Best way is to get a time, map, upper head gear, and class and a GM can pull a list of names based on that along with other details to determine if they are a farming bot at least.

Hell, before the server just went down, there were 12 or so broken bots in payon. All rogues, all with caps, all the same red hair. Sometimes I wish there was a GM service in-game..

#6 morakdais

morakdais

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 11:00 AM

even an open dialogue box or a GM that you could PM in game to give the bots name to. Something simple and easy that GMs could investigate once a day, just pm them the name and GMs could verify it.

#7 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell
  • Server:classic!!

Posted 03 March 2012 - 11:19 AM

i think it would be nice if the gm's played!!

#8 Brandonmaru

Brandonmaru

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 03 March 2012 - 01:14 PM

I remember back in the day when GMs would take the form of a random monster and taunt everyone outside pront. :rolleyes:

#9 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell

Posted 03 March 2012 - 01:33 PM

I remember back in the day when GMs would take the form of a random monster and taunt everyone outside pront. :rolleyes:

ooh i wanna do that it sounds fun

#10 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 03 March 2012 - 02:29 PM

Just ban all rogues and stalkers from the game who have stayed level 99 for more than a month.

#11 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell

Posted 03 March 2012 - 02:48 PM

i have a 99 stalker i don't want to 3rd class....

#12 Randomititiy

Randomititiy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 02:58 PM

I also have a 99 stalker

I am not into bondage so no Chaser for me

#13 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 03 March 2012 - 05:07 PM

I mean level 99 Rogues and SCs that have been level 99 for a long time and log more than 80 hours a week. I'm pretty sure you can narrow those users down to just bot user.

#14 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell

Posted 03 March 2012 - 05:11 PM

that works!

#15 Randomititiy

Randomititiy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 05:19 PM

How about no life players? Lol

#16 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell

Posted 03 March 2012 - 06:07 PM

ok were back to that wouldn't work

#17 ZeoKenX

ZeoKenX

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 06:16 PM

Or,simply add a right click feature that I suggested months ago to make ill mannered reports easier.Of course they would have to be precautions to prevent spam such as having limited reports and consequences if the feature is misused/abused outside of its intention.

#18 meesh316

meesh316

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 03 March 2012 - 06:37 PM

Would it be possible for the GMs to put together a team of active players who can spot bots and get them banned? This would mean GMs would not have to to constantly be watching, and gives the community a way to deal with blatant botting.

What exactly is the server's stance on slave-priest bots and the like? I see them everywhere, and many of them are slaved to following a bot...Heck ,the majority of people leveling on certain maps are unresponsive bots.

#19 juan2cruz

juan2cruz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 06:40 PM

I report those bots!.. so i hope they get ban :rolleyes:

I suggest that the GMs choose like idk.. 5.. 10 ppl.. and they search in one map by day. Then they do a list of the name of the bots..

And then some GMs in the night read those reports and ban them, idk... is just a tought.

Something like a "Anti-Bot League of justice" jajaja

#20 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 03 March 2012 - 07:26 PM

I report those bots!.. so i hope they get ban :rolleyes:

I suggest that the GMs choose like idk.. 5.. 10 ppl.. and they search in one map by day. Then they do a list of the name of the bots..

And then some GMs in the night read those reports and ban them, idk... is just a tought.

Something like a "Anti-Bot League of justice" jajaja

This could work I mean they could just straight ban whoever's name was all "nvejwbgvyvgeygvyefvveb", that's obviously a bot or a person who has mental problems and desserves a ban anyway.

And then make a seperate investigation for people with normal names. That would reduce the bot banning process by alot. And have less botted maps for more time (I know it's pretty much impossible to have a bot free environmentm but it could hinder the botting by alot)

Edited by iiNote, 03 March 2012 - 07:28 PM.

#21 meesh316

meesh316

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 07:27 PM

I don't know if it is worth it to search every map day by day, but cracking down on botting in general should help dissuade botters. Checking the market to see which cards are being sold in ludicrous excess might be a good tip off to where people are botting.

Rather than a formal duty, assigning a few trustworthy and consistent players to actively catch bots could be nice. It would be something done alongside their grinding rather than a strict map-by-map searching process.

*edit*- Also I agree with iiNote, ban these jokers with gibberish names. If people can't bother to type out real names, then they deserve the ban.

Edited by meesh316, 03 March 2012 - 07:35 PM.

#22 Mutoh

Mutoh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 08:04 PM

Rather than a formal duty, assigning a few trustworthy and consistent players to actively catch bots could be nice. It would be something done alongside their grinding rather than a strict map-by-map searching process.

Something ike the "fun-gineers"? I'm pretty sure those guys can handle something like banning bots. But instead of give them the "power" to ban ppl just report to them "suspicious" characters, then they could make a list and hand it over to the GMs.

Edited by Mutoh, 03 March 2012 - 08:10 PM.

#23 falkenjeff

falkenjeff

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 448 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada
  • Server:"Valkyrie, prepared."

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:18 PM

I don't know if it is worth it to search every map day by day, but cracking down on botting in general should help dissuade botters. Checking the market to see which cards are being sold in ludicrous excess might be a good tip off to where people are botting.

*edit*- Also I agree with iiNote, ban these jokers with gibberish names. If people can't bother to type out real names, then they deserve the ban.

but what about garbage82367673 that I made for kafra storage and teleport tickets when I first started and had no zeny? :rolleyes:. He even came in handy today when I got banned from chatting for 10 minutes.

#24 meesh316

meesh316

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:21 PM

but what about garbage82367673 that I made for kafra storage and teleport tickets when I first started and had no zeny? :rolleyes:. He even came in handy today when I got banned from chatting for 10 minutes.

Be creative and make Garbage<gibberish> into a real name like Garbage Disposal. =D

#25 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 04 March 2012 - 05:05 AM

I been trying to push a programmatic solution thru for this that would allow you to report directly from in game, but it hinges on some future updates whether it goes forward or not. *crosses fingers*

This way it could record more information that the user may or may not have access to or remember to include at the time.

Edited by Inubashiri, 04 March 2012 - 05:05 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users