AzzyAI 1.40 Dev 15 new 3/4 - Homunculus Headquarters - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

AzzyAI 1.40 Dev 15 new 3/4

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
30 replies to this topic

#1 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 03 March 2012 - 11:48 PM

Install per the 1.35 thread here: http://forums.warppo...sion-avail-423/

1.40 dev 15x1
* Unbroke dance attack

1.40 dev 15
* Independent cooldown timers for Moonlight, Caprice, Chaotic Blessing, and Healing Hands. I have not tested this with a homun with more than 1 attack skill since I don't have any yet, so try it out and see if it works.
* Added improved logging to try to nail down a freeze bug - If your homun freezes, please take a trace while it's frozen, and post the trace here.
* Added bloodlust autocast support (like flitting, its treated as a quicken skill). I think it's dumb to use a skill with a 20 minute cooldown when the homun could just be sitting there waiting for stuff to kill, but the system to use buffs more intelligently won't be ready until 1.50, and this has been a very very common request, so I've added it.

1.40 dev 14
* Fixed critical issue that lead to homun running off screen.
* Fixed issue where fix for archers introduced with dev 7 was not applied when homun HP was above AggroHP
* Minor responsiveness tweaks.
* Fixed more improper tail calls.
* Fixed a number of cases where responsiveness measures were being used improperly, forcing me to use more conservative settings for the responsiveness measures. This has been corrected. (this will be tested with more aggressive settings, and these will be included in the next version if they do not adversely effect stability).
* Fixed several issues with improperly dropped targets.
* Fixed issue with follow state in strongly adverse conditions.
* Fixed issue with spurious warnings in AAI_Warning.log - changes introduced in dev 9 had led to warnings being produced under normal circumstance.

1.40 dev 13
* Fixed issue with moving long distances.
* Improved chasing behavior, should fix the wobble.
* Improved boundary detection while chasing.
* Fixed issue with SP being counted incorrectly when using skill levels other than max level
* Fixed issue a distance function in AzzyUtil.lua (no reported issues in the field).
* Fixed issue with occasional target dropping while closing to melee range.
* Fixed critical issue with skill use while chasing.

1.40 dev 12
* Fixed issue with snipe tactic causing errors.

1.40 dev 11
* Fixed issue with provoke state.
* Fixed issue with provoke skill info.
* Fixed issue with AI mistaking sacrifice for provoke
* Three above issues combined to cause crashes on homuns with sacrifice when autoprovoke was enabled.

1.40 Dev 10
* Fixed issue where we attempted to use math.huge which isn't implemented in lua 5.0.2
* Fixed issue where chase state tried to move to a target one last time after dropping it's old target.
* Fixed line 667 error, which was caused by the combination of the two above bugs.
* Corrected error where stationary aggrodist and movebound would be used if the owner was moving only in the north-south direction.
* Improved logging for the closest cell calculations, because they're brittle and cause a lot of problems.
* Corrected issue with ranged mercenaries moving 1 cell closer than they need to when approaching targets from the west and south.

1.40 Dev 9
* Removed posbug correction code - was causing dropped targets, inappropriate dancing, and other issues because it is impossible to detect posbug due to GetV() bug, and hence was activating even when not posbugged.
* Fixed issue with Sniping - TACT_SNIPE_L/M/H should now work. If you can 1-shot in OD2, try it out! Makes much better use of SP.
* Fixed issue that could cause a high-speed homunculus to run off the screen chasing a monster. We will now drop the target instead. This was killing people in OD2.
* Fixed improper tail call from chase to idle.
* Default tactics are now a bit better: They default to not attacking the stupid event mobs, nor ants and giearths for doing ant eggs.
* Set DoNotAttackMoving in H_Extra to make the homunculus not attack stuff that's moving. It'll still continue chasing them if they do move, though. This is not the final version of this feature, but it's been requested by several people - here's an interim solution.

1.40 Dev 8
Quick bugfix release
* Fixed follow obstacle fix from previous versions as it was not being used correctly
* Fixed attack posbug fix, which was suffering from an almost identical issue
* Fixed missing geographer tactic.

1.40 Dev 7x
* Fixed the attack chase loop bug.

1.40 Dev 7
* Added support for autoskill skill selection tactic - Manually edit H_Tactics.lua and chance the size tactic to CLASS_BOTH (to use either pre-S or homunS skills), CLASS_OLD (for pre-s skill only), or CLASS_S (for S skills only), or CLASS_MOB (if, for some reason, you want to use a mob skill on this, even if there aren't enough targets around to normally justify using a mob attack (per MobAttackCount) - i expect this to be most useful for mercenaries, particularly the lvl 10 sword merc, where you might want it to use BB for the higher damage - of course tactics for mercs require MobID - so maybe this isn't so useful.) For mercenaries, you can edit this using the GUI - use the TACT_SIZE tactic, SIZE_LARGE is the same as CLASS_MOB, SIZE_UNDEFINED should be used in all other cases (since there's no S-class skills for merc)
* Unified code between chase skill use and attack skill use
* Fixed longstanding issue with debuff while attacking which would prevent the homun from using debuffs while attacking if told via tactics to use a certain debuff skill. This bug has been present since 1.30 or earlier and had not been reported. Did anyone try to use this?
* Corrected boneheaded prioritization of targets which resulted in the homun aggroing new monsters while ignoring monsters currently attacking him. This was a really really nasty bug IMO.
* FOLLOW_ST with FAST CHANGE did not use proper tail call when changing to IDLE_ST, this was corrected (internal change)
* Removed more obsolete code
* Fixed a few potential error message
* Fixed issue with empty AAI_Warning file
* Fixed error with bow mercenaries that have the skill Double Strafe
* Another change dedicated to truly eradicate the follow state hang.
* Fixed issue with inappropriate use of antiposbug measures which could cause problems around obstacles.
* Fixed issue where the wrong measure of range was compared to MoveBounds for attacking monsters outside AggroDist, resulting in failure to defend against ranged attackers (like those blasted orc archers!) on the edges of the screen.
* Improved tracing to try to trace down yet another freeze issue.

http://DrAzzy.com/ai/AzzyAI%201.40%20Dev%2015x1.zip

Edited by DrAzzy, 04 March 2012 - 12:40 AM.

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 03 March 2012 - 11:55 PM

I've posted this really small update because I need traces with the improved logging in this version to figure out what's causing the freezes people are experiencing. So if you experience a freeze on this (which you will, because I havn't done anything to fix that) please take a trace during the freeze and post it here.

#3 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:19 AM

UseAutoSkill_MinSP only applies to offensive skills, not buffs. Are you saying it's using attack skills, or buff skills?

Let me know in the new thread I'm making - closing this one and posting dev 15 with the logging improvements for the freeze issue.

Oh my Bayeri(Amistr) is just spamming Bulwark. I didn't know it was only for attack skills haha. I just wanted it to save enough SP to blood lust when it's in trouble, so yeah I guess that was the wrong option.

#4 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:23 AM

Oh my Bayeri(Amistr) is just spamming Bulwark. I didn't know it was only for attack skills haha. I just wanted it to save enough SP to blood lust when it's in trouble, so yeah I guess that was the wrong option.

Not the first person to describe this exact situation. The hackjob would be to edit H_SkillInfo.lua, and add 120 to the SP listed for bulwark, so it will think it needs more SP to cast bulwark than it actually does.

#5 Knyghtfoxcries

Knyghtfoxcries

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:28 AM

OK, i have not updated my AI in a while since Version 11 was working decent for me. I tried out 15 and the only thing i can complain about is, I noticed the Dance attack does not have the same attack power as before. I tested it with 2 separate accounts and different homunculi. I went through and double checked all the settings i had before on version 11. Same Settings but dance attack just does not work.

#6 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:39 AM

Worked perfectly, thanks (:

Yeah dance attack is now broken :x

#7 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:40 AM

OK, i have not updated my AI in a while since Version 11 was working decent for me. I tried out 15 and the only thing i can complain about is, I noticed the Dance attack does not have the same attack power as before. I tested it with 2 separate accounts and different homunculi. I went through and double checked all the settings i had before on version 11. Same Settings but dance attack just does not work.

oops. Try it now. (dev 15x1)

Bounds checking on dance attack had copy/paste error.

Edited by DrAzzy, 04 March 2012 - 12:41 AM.

#8 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:45 AM

oops. Try it now. (dev 15x1)

Bounds checking on dance attack had copy/paste error.

Edit: Nevermind it extracted into another folder for some reason so I was still using another AI (:

Edited by Sapphic, 04 March 2012 - 12:49 AM.

#9 Ludercrs

Ludercrs

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:39 AM

im still using Dev14 so duno is this behaviour is fixed but if my homun casts Caprice and gets hit by ranged attack (orc archer, firelock soldier... etc) at the same time, they pause for 2seconds in place without attacking or moving, then resume.

i dunno how to get a trace or i would.

EDIT: it's actually taking ANY hit at the same time Caprice is cast that she pauses. should also note that my Vani turned Eleanor so might have something to do with that (I set sonic claw to 0 so it uses caprice instead)

.... And now I'm thinking it's Mob Dependant cus my genetic was "tanking" a Paper and my homun went to attack it and after each caprice cast she'd pause even though i was taking the damage.

Edited by Ludercrs, 04 March 2012 - 12:08 PM.

#10 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 04 March 2012 - 01:32 PM

Is there an option to tell your homunculus to not cast self-buff skills when you have low SP?

For example, I've seen in other AI's that you can set a minimum SP to have so that the Homunculus may start casting skills. I for one usually set that minimum to 160 that way my Amistr can cast Bulwark every once in a while but It'll always have 120 SP left for if I want to use Blood Lust, I see that the UI has one, but it doesn't work with buff skills, not sure if it's a bug or if it's intended. It would really help if it could be added/fixed, thank you :mellow:

#11 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 04 March 2012 - 02:04 PM

Is there an option to tell your homunculus to not cast self-buff skills when you have low SP?

For example, I've seen in other AI's that you can set a minimum SP to have so that the Homunculus may start casting skills. I for one usually set that minimum to 160 that way my Amistr can cast Bulwark every once in a while but It'll always have 120 SP left for if I want to use Blood Lust, I see that the UI has one, but it doesn't work with buff skills, not sure if it's a bug or if it's intended. It would really help if it could be added/fixed, thank you :mellow:

Not the first person to describe this exact situation. The hackjob would be to edit H_SkillInfo.lua, and add 120 to the SP listed for bulwark, so it will think it needs more SP to cast bulwark than it actually does.

Worked perfectly, thanks (:

UseAutoSkill_MinSP only effects attack skills, per this conversation at the top of the thread, which you scrolled past to post that. Use the hackjob I suggested as an interim measure - I don't really know what the right model to use here is - I mean we know how to do it for an amistr, but what about for all the other buff skills for all the other homuns? How do we solve the problem for the general case in a way that doesn't lead to creeping complexity?

im still using Dev14 so duno is this behaviour is fixed but if my homun casts Caprice and gets hit by ranged attack (orc archer, firelock soldier... etc) at the same time, they pause for 2seconds in place without attacking or moving, then resume.

i dunno how to get a trace or i would.

EDIT: it's actually taking ANY hit at the same time Caprice is cast that she pauses. should also note that my Vani turned Eleanor so might have something to do with that (I set sonic claw to 0 so it uses caprice instead)

.... And now I'm thinking it's Mob Dependant cus my genetic was "tanking" a Paper and my homun went to attack it and after each caprice cast she'd pause even though i was taking the damage.

I am pretty sure that this is being done at the server/game level, not the AI level, it seems like the game handles flinch on freshly changed homun S's badly, probably an overzealous attempt to make flinch effect homuns. I'm still trying to figure out exactly what's going on here, but it usually gets much better as the homun levels up (aspd dependent?).

Has anyone reproduced the freeze bug and managed to get a trace of it? Really anxious to get a trace with the new AI, so I can fix the bug. I have not had any luck reproducing it since I added the new logging.

Edited by DrAzzy, 04 March 2012 - 02:05 PM.

#12 Ludercrs

Ludercrs

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 March 2012 - 02:23 PM

i haven't had it occur since Dev13

#13 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 04 March 2012 - 02:59 PM

Can't there be a condition for each Skill?
Like: If SP > 160 then autocast bulwark but only then.
And same thing for all the others.

I believe that's what the AryafortisAI did, since in the config you could keep the minimum SP needed to auto-cast each skill.

It just sucks when the Amistr keeps autocasting non-stop and you run out of SP really quick, cause it has no limits.

PS: Also, that AI had an option that it would auto-cast Blood Lust depending on the HP of the Homunculus, so if for example you kept 30%, once the Amistr hit that % it would bloodlust and regain some HP back with the HP gain. Helped alot.

Agree with your post about auto-casting Blood Lust non-stop would be a waste in most cases, but for example if you're AFK leveling keep 100% to that option would mean you could use Bood Lust non-stop, even if you misused used it sometimes, when you AFK level it doesn't really make a difference.

Edited by iiNote, 04 March 2012 - 03:16 PM.

#14 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts
  • LocationAFK in Ymir pront

Posted 04 March 2012 - 03:52 PM

Targeting in 14/15 is seriously broken. In amatsu2 if there are multiple targets on screen - like when you walk into a mobby area - the homunculus will run up to multiple targets, look at them then move on before deciding to attack one.

#15 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 04 March 2012 - 05:20 PM

Targeting in 14/15 is seriously broken. In amatsu2 if there are multiple targets on screen - like when you walk into a mobby area - the homunculus will run up to multiple targets, look at them then move on before deciding to attack one.

This is significantly less broken in 14/15 than previous versions. I've been banging my head against a wall with this - I've caught some of the causes of it, but I don't understand why it's still doing it - it thinks it's no longer successfully chasing the targets (ie, target's behind a wall and it can't get to it). This is the dropped target issue that's been showing up in the changelog for the past few versions.

Edited by DrAzzy, 04 March 2012 - 05:21 PM.

#16 Ludercrs

Ludercrs

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 March 2012 - 06:36 PM

This is significantly less broken in 14/15 than previous versions. I've been banging my head against a wall with this - I've caught some of the causes of it, but I don't understand why it's still doing it - it thinks it's no longer successfully chasing the targets (ie, target's behind a wall and it can't get to it). This is the dropped target issue that's been showing up in the changelog for the past few versions.

actually i noticed with the Shinobi when it Backslides the homunculus thinks it killed it cus it's like it disappeared and a new one appeared 5+cells further so it moves to a new target. but the times i would notice it hesitating would be if it is taking damage from 1 firelock and I am taking damage from 1 firelock it seems to wander between both wondering which to kill first.

same thing with the firelock knockback.

Edited by Ludercrs, 04 March 2012 - 07:18 PM.

#17 Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 427 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 04 March 2012 - 08:29 PM

It was just sitting there while monsters mobbed me and my Genetic, the Vani had almost recovered half its SP before I noticed @_@

This version freezes too much so im switching to an older version now ):
EDIT: Forgot to say this is the entire trace file. So if the info isnt there then I didnt get it on the trace
Spoiler

Edited by DrAzzy, 06 March 2012 - 11:22 AM.

#18 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 04 March 2012 - 09:51 PM

It was just sitting there while monsters mobbed me and my Genetic, the Vani had almost recovered half its SP before I noticed @_@

This version freezes too much so im switching to an older version now ):
EDIT: Forgot to say this is the entire trace file. So if the info isnt there then I didnt get it on the trace

Facinating - what kind of terrain were you around? were there any unwalkable cells around you?

That trace looks like it's trying to do exactly what it should - but why is it not able to get to the cells it's trying to walk to?

I gather it looked something like this:
(H = homun, O = owner, E = enemy)

In this position, the homun would attempt to move to three places around the monster - the Owner's cell, the cell marked * and the cell marked +. We can see it trying, and failing, to move to the cell marked * and the owner's cell, and if we had a longer trace we would see it trying + as well. 

So, were you standing with an unwalkable cell directly to your east and south east, with a monster your homun is set to 'rescue' you from directly to your south?

Also, this code hasnt been changed in recent versions...

Edited by DrAzzy, 04 March 2012 - 09:52 PM.

#19 Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 427 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 04 March 2012 - 10:09 PM

I havent changed places in about a week.
Posted Image

For some reason the homunculus has locked up 5 times in a few hours when its my Genetic afking but when I AFK my biochem Etincelle it only locked up once in 24 hours and it went back to what it was doing after a minute. Is there any way the AI would treat a biochem and a genetic differently or is some other factor coming into play?

Also for some reason people who afk in this area tend to have their homuncs freeze up quite often... In case it helps at all
Posted Image

Edited by Yggdrasil, 04 March 2012 - 10:40 PM.

#20 Laurynthia

Laurynthia

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • LocationEngland
  • Server:iRO Ymir

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:57 AM

There seems to be a problem with using bow mercenaries. The AI was triggering alot of compare with nil errors, apparently at the line:

645?:
if (GetV(V_SP,MyID) >= UseAutoSkill_MinSP+SkillInfo[v[2]][3][math.min(v[3],skill_level)] and SkillInfo[v[2]][2][math.min(v[3],skill_level)] >= dist) then

This was just using a level 1 bow merc wandering around the map east of Payon.

#21 Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 427 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:17 AM

Here is another trace from another freeze.
Edit: again this is all the data from the TraceAI file, I have no idea why they are so much shorter now than normal. =/
Spoiler

Edited by DrAzzy, 06 March 2012 - 11:22 AM.

#22 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good
  • Server:Classic

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:18 AM

which option in config to turn on and off my homuns reaction when user is attacked

like if anything hits alche, he attacks him first or ignores him.

#23 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:43 AM

There seems to be a problem with using bow mercenaries. The AI was triggering alot of compare with nil errors, apparently at the line:

645?:
if (GetV(V_SP,MyID) >= UseAutoSkill_MinSP+SkillInfo[v[2]][3][math.min(v[3],skill_level)] and SkillInfo[v[2]][2][math.min(v[3],skill_level)] >= dist) then

This was just using a level 1 bow merc wandering around the map east of Payon.

Oh. I see. I didn't know the ranges, so I left it blank, and forgot all about it.

What is the range of the archer merc skills Double Strafe and Arrow Shower? It's failing because it's trying to compare range with the range of doublestrafe, but there's no entry for that, because I didn't know it. Is it 7 or 9?

which option in config to turn on and off my homuns reaction when user is attacked

like if anything hits alche, he attacks him first or ignores him.

I don't understand what you're asking.

Via tactics you can set, on a per-monster basis, whether your homun will attack it (attack), or only attack it if it attacks homun/owner (react). React monsters have higher priority than attack monsters, unless you pick "react low".

Via tactics, you can also set the homun to "rescue owner", which would be, to drop whatever target it's fighting, and immediately go kill whatever is attacking the owner. Rescue is NOT NEEDED for OD2 unless your genetic is ungeared or really weak, and you really shouldn;t use it unless you need it - especially since it seems to be causing hangs. Preventing hangs while having a rescue feature is surprisingly difficult.

Edited by DrAzzy, 06 March 2012 - 01:53 AM.

#24 dontleaveme

dontleaveme

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 353 posts
  • LocationSC, USA

Posted 10 March 2012 - 11:51 AM

Since azzy isn't online atm I'll go ahead and post the link to AzzyAI 1.40 Dev 17 for those of you that didn't notice it was posted on the irowiki forums during the forum downtime.

http://forums.irowik...ead.php?t=90789

Didn't want to make a new topic as that's kinda Azzy's thing.

Edited by dontleaveme, 10 March 2012 - 11:52 AM.

#25 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 10 March 2012 - 05:34 PM

Dr. Azzy is currently unable to access his forum account. This will likely continue until at least Monday when the GMs are on.

The latest version of AzzyAI can be downloaded at: http://DrAzzy.com/ai/v140

Please direct comments and bug reports to this thread: http://forums.irowik...ead.php?t=90789

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users