A long come back... - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

A long come back...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Alvaruz

Alvaruz

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 02:30 PM

Well my self and my girlfriend decided to come back, we will go back on premium but I am asking my self a couple of questions?

What's that renewal stuffs?
What's the most popular server?
Is it a good time to come back and enjoy the game I played between 15 and 20 years old...

Can't believe I beta tested it!

#2 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 11 September 2010 - 02:41 PM

What's that renewal stuffs?

Renewal is a complete overhaul of RO in terms of game mechanics. Previously, RO was a stale grind-fest; only redeeming feature is War of Emporium with little to nothing for low-levels and mid-levels to do. Renewal is meant to bring RO up to par with current MMORPGs by allowing players the option to quest their way to max level rather than just grind on monsters all the live long day. User interface also gets an overhaul and more customization in terms of hotkeys is now possible. There's still things the game needs to improve on, but overall Renewal RO plays a lot better than classic RO.

What's the most popular server?

Valkyrie is the free-to-play server while Sakray, Ymir, and Yggdrasil are all pay-to-play servers. Right now Yggdrasil is being used to test Renewal so if you want to play you can only access Ymir at this time. Obviously Valkyrie is more popular because it's free-to-play but that means it's also popular for gold farmers as well so you'll see lots and lots of botting going on there.

#3 Alvaruz

Alvaruz

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 03:03 PM

Well, I will pay a premium, I don't want to play with gold farmer. So I wanted to know on witch P2P server I should roll.. Oh and also, How do I subscribe to the game with a CC now?

#4 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 11 September 2010 - 03:55 PM

Well, I will pay a premium, I don't want to play with gold farmer. So I wanted to know on witch P2P server I should roll.. Oh and also, How do I subscribe to the game with a CC now?

The pay-to-play server you'd want to restart on would be Ymir.

To subscribe to the game, click on Account Management on the WarpPortal homepage (after you log in). Then:

Click on Game Accounts and click on Add Existing Account if you still have access to your original RO account. Type in the ID, password, and email associated with that account and hit Submit. If you don't remember your password, click on the Forgot Password link to email a reset. If you no longer have access to the email that your RO account is registered to, simply submit a ticket to WarpPortal Support (be sure you make an account for WP Support as it's separate from your WarpPortal account).

Once you've bound your RO account, click on Power-Up on your Account Management page. In order to buy anything, you must first buy WP Energy.

How payment works is:

Credit card > WarpPortal Energy > subscription
Credit card > WarpPortal Energy > Kafra Points (item mall points)
Credit card > WarpPortal Energy > Value Added Service

Once you're on the Buy WP Energy page, select the $10.00 option and click on Credit Card near the bottom. Enter your information and click place order. Now what happens is that every first credit card/Paypal payment must be manually verified to prevent credit card fraud and chargebacks. This usually takes about 2 hours or so and you WILL NOT be notified when your payment is approved. (Please note the very first payment WILL NOT PROCESS because it goes through verification.) After waiting for 2 hours or so, send the exact same payment through again. If your credit card was approved, the payment will process and the WP Energy will immediately be credited to your account. Once approved, you will NOT have to go through verification again, this is a ONE-TIME deal everyone has to go through.

Once your account is credited WP Energy, go down to Game Accounts and click on your RO account.

Click on the tab for Premium Services and select your payment plan. (This is where you'll see the WP Energy cost to buy subscriptions and such. If you want to get more WP Energy, simply click on Add WP Energy and fill out the credit card payment like before.)

Click on Place Order and you are now a subscriber!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users