16 replies to this topic

#1 neokenshin

neokenshin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts
  • LocationDunno...they kicked me out of Hades for being too evil

Posted 11 September 2010 - 04:20 PM

I noticed the big problem with the Sura Change test occurs when you are taking the final part of the test.

Posted Image

When talking to this NPC, if you walk on the portal, it takes you to one of the areas for the Swordman Job Change quest. In addition, when entering the chat, if you are not positioned in a correct place, it will respawn you on the center of the portal and warp you to the Swordman area.

Finally upon completing the 5 minute endurance test, when talking to the Master Sura NPC, it may pull up a dialog that states you have passed the test, just like the Swordman test. I think there may be some NPCs stacked on the Sura NPCs that cause this.

Edited by neokenshin, 11 September 2010 - 11:45 PM.

#2 neokenshin

neokenshin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 11:46 PM

completed the test finally, but noticed some problems with the NPCs.

#3 shdx

shdx

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 12 September 2010 - 01:34 AM

It took me around 10 separate tries to finally finish this test, my main gripes are:

1. The translation on both the NPC and Quest text is terrible, even though some of it is just bad Engrish but understandable, other parts are downright misleading.

2. The Swordsman Test part of the Quest is completely baffling, perhaps purposely, but either way it's an incredibly frustrating trial and error situation, where you'll end up in Izlude, and having to go back to a Juno map many times before you stumble upon the correct way. I don't mind quests being a bit abstract or puzzling, but there is absolutely no way you can discern what you need to do from either the NPC's or Quest Log.

3. At the very end of the test, you are put into a room with what appears to be 2 NPC's, one of which is the one you need to talk to to actually change to Sura (Master), but he is stacked directly on top of the Swordsman Test NPC (Mae), so although it appears to be a big brutish Sura, when you click on him anywhere other than the top of his forehead, you talk to Mae and are ported back to Izlude, I find it hard to believe this is intended.

4. There is absolutely no HINT of where the 3rd job change is started, I don't know if this is the same for all classes, but an obscure tavern in Veins where you need to talk to a completely unrelated NPC, then find a back door to continue, is a bit ridiculous imo.

I understand that the majority of people will use a website to do their job change (I had to use the kRO site to even find out the town where I start it), but it's pretty bad design that could be easily fixed by giving you at least hints along the way, or maybe when you hit the requirements for 3rd job, you could automatically get a quest to go to the NPC that starts it.

#4 Meshin

Meshin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • Twitter:WiredAwesome
  • LocationTexas
  • Server:Thor

Posted 12 September 2010 - 06:55 AM

As of now with the portal in the first room still active, show in the screen shot above, you can actually bypass the Sura test completely. Just walk into the portal, walk through the old swordy training ground and end up at the end room with Bruno and the Master NPCs. Then all you have to do is talk to the Master NPC and you'll be changed. I did this by accident, still have the quest for turning into an Sura and everything sense I just bypassed it.

#5 Charon

Charon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 992 posts
  • LocationSlovenia
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 12 September 2010 - 12:59 PM

the thing is, 1st class job change quests are supposed to be taken out with renewal. and then some of the quest places are reused for new ones like the swordy one is now used for sura quest instead. seems to me like they forgot to take them out LOL

#6 Pineyman

Pineyman

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 331 posts
  • LocationiRO Chaos - sitting bored at west pront.
  • Server:chaos

Posted 13 September 2010 - 06:38 PM

well I am doing the test to change to sura right now. And in the waiting room i was standing still doing nothing then it warped me toanother room but then instantly warped me again but to the swordie walking path part :(

#7 Resplendent

Resplendent

Grand Nagus

• Members
  • 543 posts
  • LocationWashington State
  • Server:Sakray

Posted 13 September 2010 - 07:57 PM

Yeah it's a big pain in the ass. Swordie stuff needs to be disabled ASAP.

Edited by Resplendent, 13 September 2010 - 07:58 PM.

#8 Puppet

Puppet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 831 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 September 2010 - 08:23 PM

When you wating in the waiting room for you turn, the npc random warp you in to the next room but right into the middle of that portal too,

#9 neokenshin

neokenshin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 08:57 PM

for some reason this room was stacked on top of the Swordie training room. I know that by moving towards the 12 o'clock area and then entering the NPC, it moves you over enough not to put you onto the portal. That shouldn't be the case in order to complete this change quest.

#10 Puppet

Puppet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 831 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 September 2010 - 09:27 PM

REMOVE the portal in the room, Take out all the swordie NPC's in that room, And remove the stacked NPC in the final room, Infact arnt all 1st Classes quests suppose to be disabled and removed to begin with 13 out of the 20 timed I waited I got warp to swordie quest room and 6 time i died in the room and 1 time i made it past it I got screwed by a stack NPC

#11 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts
  • Server:ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Posted 14 September 2010 - 10:27 AM

seriously, this is really stupid.

When talking to this NPC, if you walk on the portal, it takes you to one of the areas for the Swordman Job Change quest. In addition, when entering the chat, if you are not positioned in a correct place, it will respawn you on the center of the portal and warp you to the Swordman area.

Finally upon completing the 5 minute endurance test, when talking to the Master Sura NPC, it may pull up a dialog that states you have passed the test, just like the Swordman test. I think there may be some NPCs stacked on the Sura NPCs that cause this.

exactly what happened to me, 10 times so far

Edited by Susan, 14 September 2010 - 10:29 AM.

#12 neokenshin

neokenshin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 10:40 AM

This really makes the test a lot more difficult because you can't memo on the Juno map where "Buddy" is. You have to either save in Juno and walk back, or memo the in the old Goats map.

HOWEVER....I do have to say that as long as you have Mental Strength lvl 5, the last part of the test was EASY!!! It got even easier with the Flame Lord set.

#13 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts
  • Server:ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Posted 14 September 2010 - 10:47 AM

This really makes the test a lot more difficult because you can't memo on the Juno map where "Buddy" is. You have to either save in Juno and walk back, or memo the in the old Goats map.

HOWEVER....I do have to say that as long as you have Mental Strength lvl 5, the last part of the test was EASY!!! It got even easier with the Flame Lord set.

unless you keep getting warped to the swordman job npc -_-

#14 slapaho

slapaho

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 September 2010 - 10:48 AM

With the swordy NPCs still there, you can pretty much cheat your way through the last part. Just enter the portal under the first NPC, run through the two swordy job test ways and when you reach the Sura NPCs just be sure you click on the Master and not on the girl npc.

#15 Brotahman

Brotahman

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 02:36 PM

at the end the guy tells me to talk to the guy at the center and sending me to the swordie guild. Who in the world am i supposed to talk to?

#16 slapaho

slapaho

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 September 2010 - 02:42 PM

If you hover your mouse over the NPC be sure it says Master and not Mae! It says Master around the head part.

#17 Kershant

Kershant

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 06:20 PM

the job change to sura quest log the master is meditating in living room did not get deleted im upset with my new sura. /pif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users