Pegasus Session 2 - Game Arena / Crystal Defenders Feedback Thread - Page 2 - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Pegasus Session 2 - Game Arena / Crystal Defenders Feedback Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
98 replies to this topic

#26 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Arua

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:31 AM

Pegasus (Offline)

Pegasus will return as soon as the adjustments have been made to the queuing system which was giving us problems during the 15v15 Crystal Defenders test. The updates which were originally planned to be applied on Monday will also be applied when Pegasus next becomes available.

In other news, I have made a start towards the supplemental quest content to compliment the Crystal Defenders game mode utilzing the newly created Daily Quest system, which is expected to appear towards the end of the Game Arena testing phase.

Sneaky peek:
Spoiler

Edited by Genesis, 14 March 2012 - 06:36 AM.

#27 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:37 AM

That's pretty cool, i hope this time it will get to work in 15v15 so i won't be waiting for 6 hours anymore :/

#28 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:16 AM

Just a quick update of our progress, we'll be opening Pegasus again up on Wednesday 21st March to test out the fixes applied to the Game Arena's queueing system. Assuming everything goes as planned, we'll be able to begin testing the point reward mechanics in Crystal Defenders soon after. The daily quests for Crystal Defenders are also nearing completion and may be available for testing as early as next week.

Edited by Genesis, 20 March 2012 - 07:16 AM.

#29 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:19 AM

Pegasus (Online)

Game Arena
  • Corrected synchronization issues for groups attempting to join games simultaneously, which lead to all groups being rejected from the queue indefinitely.
  • Increased lobby waiting time from 75 seconds to 3 minutes (180 seconds).
  • Enabled ability to pass Group Leader during a game.
User Interface
  • Updated chat speech bubbles, adding unique looks for normal, party and group chat messages.
  • Improved error notifications when a chat type is not available (e.g. not in a Party/Clan/Group, etc).
  • Updated quest icons to display above NPC name.
  • Added quest icon for daily quests (represented by green exclamation mark).
  • Added NPC quest status indicators to minimap when in range of an NPC. The NPC’s default minimap indicator is displayed when not in range.
  • Changed Daily Quests text in Quest Log from yellow to green.
  • Corrected visual alignment on Party chat button graphic.
  • Added disabled graphic to "Abandon Quest" button.
Miscellaneous / Bug Fixes
  • Added the following NPCs to handle PvP related daily quests:
  • [Battlemaster] Esmee - Junon Polis
  • [Battlemaster] Rubee - Xita Refuge
  • [Battlemaster] Amber - Desert City of Muris
  • [Battlemaster] Sappho - Magic City of The Eucar
  • Corrected bug which caused a clan member's basic information to be updated incorrectly when they first join the clan.
  • Corrected issue which prevented status effects from being cleared on a character while in a ‘warp’ state.

Edited by Genesis, 22 March 2012 - 04:29 PM.

#30 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:46 PM

So we are waiting for people to start a game. Anyone interested should log in and join the fun. And while you're at it, be sure to bring all of your friends and family, too.

#31 Trebor

Trebor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA USA
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 22 March 2012 - 08:15 PM

Sorry i cant test for awhile Gen, had surgery today and only have use of right hand, which is not easy. left arm in in a cast from just above the fingers to above the elbow :( but i will try to keep watching the forums.

oh, like my picture here on the forums? took it at the gravity offices when i was there in december with the rose sign next to me

Edited by Trebor, 22 March 2012 - 08:16 PM.

#32 aslknd3

aslknd3

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:09 AM

i love pegasis<3!

#33 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:57 PM

After the test of current Crystal Defenders on Pegasus last night, there are several key issues I would like to bring up. A large portion of this has to do with the Cleric class’ essential role, which is perhaps too essential.

Now, before the war begins the queue searches for clerics and makes sure there is at east one with buffing and healing skills on each side, which is good however….With buff potions and food disabled it is a drastic change and makes having active clerics absolutely mandatory.If aside only has one cleric what happens if they disconnect? What happens if they afk? What happens if they are just a jackass and don’t want to buff you?(don’t ask me why but it happens)

In current union war, we can still use buff pots if a cleric isn’t present and food to restore hp. Of course having active clerics is extremely useful in Union War, but you can still manage with one, it will just be difficult.

Even though I think disabling buff potions and food especially is bold, I don’t think it is necessarily bad, just something we will have to grow accustomed too. With that being said I think we desperately need to update these skill trees (Yes Leonis I’m looking at you) to accommodate the current changes of the game arena.

I am going to post the skill change suggestions in the class balancing thread located here:

Regarding the lack of food, there are pros and cons to it. With food pvp becomes extremely long without ganging (impossible for certain classes to kill others). Without food all classes have the ability to kill one another (save for clerics in some cases), and it encourages tactical ambushes more so than head on brawling.

I think it would be acceptable to offer some cheap, weak foods in the union shop. At the least, have in game foods need to ‘stop moving to use’ so you can’t pot away while in combat, but if you escape you can still restore your hp.

Edited by Phish, 23 March 2012 - 01:21 PM.

#34 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:14 PM

With food pvp becomes extremely long without ganging (impossible for certain classes to kill others). Without food all classes have the ability to kill one another (save for clerics in some cases), and it encourages tactical ambushes more so than head on brawling.
I think it would be acceptable to offer some cheap, weak foods in the union shop. At the least, have in game foods need to ‘stop moving to use’ so you can’t pot away while in combat, but if you escape you can still restore your hp.

I play a knight and i strongly support this statement.
With the lowest dps as crossbow knight i just don't bother attacking champions anymore, and there's several other classes that aren't very favorable to kill.

#35 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 03:07 PM

Level Brackets

• Level 100 - 140 (Currently Disabled)
    • Teams: 10 v 10 (20 Players, 1 Cleric Minimum Per Team)
    • Difficulty: 2 Crystals To Defend/Destroy
  • Level 141 - 180 (Currently Disabled)
    • Teams: 10 v 10 (20 Players, 1 Cleric Minimum Per Team)
    • Difficulty: 2 Crystals To Defend/Destroy
  • Level 181 - 200 (Currently Disabled)
    • Teams: 15 v 15 (30 Players, 1 Cleric Minimum Per Team)
    • Difficulty: 3 Crystals To Defend/Destroy
  • Level 201 - 220
    • Teams: 15 v 15 (30 Players, 1 Cleric Minimum Per Team)
    • Difficulty: 3 Crystals To Defend/Destroy

I think there are some flaws in the way you assign the level brackets, Lv.200 is the level you have access to Epic weapons and all Lv.200 Honor weapons/equipment, and Lv.200 characters are assigned to the Lv.181-200 brackets, doesn't seem fair to the other people in that range. And so on for the rest of the brackets, due to that reason. So I think the level brackets should be like this

Lv.100-139
Lv.140-179
Lv.180-199
Lv.200-220

#36 BobDylan

BobDylan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:40 AM

...With buff potions and food disabled it is a drastic change and makes having active clerics absolutely mandatory.

hmm, I can understand the need to get rid of buff pots, but its going to be sad to see a profitable craft-able item become worthless.

#37 TheDudeAbides

TheDudeAbides

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:DRACO

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:20 PM

Whoa whoa whoa, pump the brakes. The regular arti-crafted buff pots are disabled? So a single cleric has to deal with the entire team's buffs? That means waiting for up to 14 people to change between ~6 buffsets each? Please tell me I'm misunderstanding this.

(And yes, I'm jumping on Pegasus now. I hadn't up to this point because I have been very happy with the proposed changes. Disabling the standard buff pots is a different story though.)

#38 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:25 PM

Keep them in and make them at least equal or lower than cleric buff, cause it makes clerics more useful, and they won't spend 40 bucks on IM to get everything they need to make a battle or war support cleric anymore, which doesn't do a lot but healing and muting.
But you can still use them, and if they are equal to cleric buffs, arti's can still make profit with them.

Edited by jerremy, 24 March 2012 - 12:25 PM.

#39 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:03 AM

Buff sets in the new arena will be really tough but since the devs said buff sets will go away sometime maybe it is time to figure out ur best gear and go with that. When waiting in the lobby there will be time for buff sets, but once in the arena the cleric will constantly be out of mp if they have to do buff sets for all. And with active full support clerics a rarity right now there will probably be only one per party. The cleric will die while trying to buff everyone's buff sets. The best group will have worked out a system for buffing with say Def first so everyone puts on their def gear, then on to dodge, etc. And to be honest, trying to buff people's buff sets during a really good war is stupid, it wastes time and the cleric has no mp left to heal. We have lost side crystals as defenders because everyone is outside or up top working through their buff sets. We should all have good gear figured out to fight in a war without buff sets needed. They do give an advantage but when you have already lost a side crystal and are trying to get the mid does being well buffed really matter? It will be even more difficult in the arena if they make a new map and it is a bit smaller. The cleric will be vulnerable all the time and dead clerics can't buff or heal.

The arena should be a challange. It will take some adjusting for all classes but that is ok, it gives us something new to do in game.

Oh, and I agree with Phish's post here and in the class balancing section. It's a good idea to give each class a party buff. It will especially help until more full support clerics start playing.

Edited by Bendersmom, 25 March 2012 - 05:05 AM.

#40 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts
  • Server:Leonis, Draconis

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:26 AM

So since I don't play on pegasus (doesn't want to run without crashing, I don't bother downloading it).
I'm just curious of the progress in the game, Is crystal defenders coming in game anytime soon?.
Sounds intressting while I hear people talk about it ... :)

#41 borgahutt

borgahutt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1317 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 03:04 PM

click on inventory > crash!

edit: every time without fail! haha

Edited by borgahutt, 25 March 2012 - 03:05 PM.

#42 Aviv4

Aviv4

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 484 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:44 PM

I think there are some flaws in the way you assign the level brackets, Lv.200 is the level you have access to Epic weapons and all Lv.200 Honor weapons/equipment, and Lv.200 characters are assigned to the Lv.181-200 brackets, doesn't seem fair to the other people in that range. And so on for the rest of the brackets, due to that reason. So I think the level brackets should be like this

Lv.100-139
Lv.140-179
Lv.180-199
Lv.200-220

Agreed.
The gap between 180 to 200 is much bigger than 160 to 180.
As he said, lvl 200 is like a big step and an opening to power and abilities that lvl 199s and lower will do nothing in the same war.
They must split the 200+ players from the lower.

#43 Kermaperuna

Kermaperuna

Scout Representative

• Members
  • 1073 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:17 AM

Is there some sort of a penalty involved if you leave the arena before match is finished? If not, make one. Such as not being able to join another game for 30 minutes or something.

#44 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:10 AM

Is there some sort of a penalty involved if you leave the arena before match is finished? If not, make one. Such as not being able to join another game for 30 minutes or something.

I have thought about this too, I can imagine people queue matches for game arena and they will do this.

*Queue for crystal defender*
*match is being executed*
*teleport into preparation area*
*see team sucks*
*relog and re-queue until drafted into a high potential team*

But if we apply such 30 minutes penalty, what if someone d/c due to server instability?

#45 Kermaperuna

Kermaperuna

Scout Representative

• Members
  • 1073 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:40 AM

I have thought about this too, I can imagine people queue matches for game arena and they will do this.

*Queue for crystal defender*
*match is being executed*
*teleport into preparation area*
*see team sucks*
*relog and re-queue until drafted into a high potential team*

But if we apply such 30 minutes penalty, what if someone d/c due to server instability?

This is how I'd make it work:

If you go offline, you'll be give few minutes before you get kicked and get the 30 minute penalty.
So basically going offline doesn't get you out of the match immediately. So you get time to relog in case of d/c.

I assume there's a way to leave the match without having to shut Rose down? Like a teleporter or something? If that's the case and you decide to leave, you'll immediately be given the 30 minute penalty.

If this kind of a penalty is added, it will result in people afk leeching instead of leaving. Since this is still an issue in UWs, I wonder if there's something to prevent this in Crystal Defenders?

#46 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:43 AM

There is nothing to prevent afk leeching in the Crystal Defenders, but the reward system will be activity based so just leeching points won't give you a lot.

Edited by jerremy, 29 March 2012 - 08:43 AM.

#47 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:12 PM

If someone is afk and leeching the group leader can kick them. Not only won't they get points if they don't do something in the arena but they can be kicked too.

#48 angga45

angga45

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • Server:leonis

Posted 01 April 2012 - 10:49 PM

how long time pegasus server maintanance ? :hmm:

#49 teddy77

teddy77

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 910 posts
  • LocationBali, Indonesia
  • Server:EARTH

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:07 AM

can someone make video from pegasus?

#50 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:49 AM

how long time pegasus server maintanance ? :hmm:

It's not really maintenance right now, no one was really helping out with testing so they shut the server down.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users