• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Adrianus

Adrianus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 07:13 PM

The job change quest went fairly smoothly. The only thing I can comment on is the abysmal english and the very vague quest guide info for the last step. I have just changed class and I have already noticed one bug, reflect damage does not have a skill buff icon. On a side note what is the green apple ring for?

#2 Adrianus

Adrianus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 07:22 AM

Small update, the skill tree picture of the royal guard sitting on the gryphon is too large. The tail section of the gryphon gets cut off and appears on the right hand side of the window instead. Not really a big bug or important one just thought I'd mention it.

#3 Draco

Draco

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans, LA

Posted 12 September 2010 - 11:34 AM

Some more insight on 'Shield Spell' would be helpful. Though the effects seem random, there are some confusing things with this skill. Level 1 Shield Spell has a buff icon whereas the others do not (Though Level 3 seems to heal on random depending on the upgrade level of the shield.). The new reflect seems to be pretty awesome.

#4 Adrianus

Adrianus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 10:33 AM

I'm not sure if you could call this a bug but when you use Earth Drive it looks like your head smashes into your gryphon. Also when viewed from the back the royal guard looks decapitated. Dunno if you would consider that a bug just thought it might be worth mentioning.

Also I agree with shield spell all of its various effects should have buff icons and the buff icon should tell you what buff it is. Right now it just says the skill description (ex. affects stats based on shield def). If possible can you add a buff icon for all of the effects and show in the icon the description (i.e. increases atk based on shield def etc.).

#5 Tirasu

Tirasu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 559 posts
  • LocationU.K
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos- ohwait

Posted 14 September 2010 - 08:02 AM

From what I recall, only level 1 of shield spell is a self buff, while Level 2 is an offensive (magic?) attack and Level 3 is a healing skill.

#6 Adrianus

Adrianus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 12:04 PM

I was playing around with shield spell a little more and I got it figured out. Each level has three possible effects.

Lv1:
A)Adds shield def to atk (can see it go up in status window and has a buff icon)
B)Adds reflect damage based on your shield def (has same buff icon as A)
C)Does a physical AOE (you get a buff icon and the kill will make an impact like sound)

Lv2:
A)Casts magnificat
B)Does a magical AOE
C)Does area silence (not 100% sure on this one didn't test it but that's what IROwiki lists)

Lv3:
A)Heals you based on shield upgrade
B)Adds def based on your shield upgrade (has buff icon and can see def increase in status window)
C)Not 100% sure its been debated alot but something like adding chance to break weapons/armor (has same buff icon)

Note that lv2 requires your shield to have mdef and will fail if it does not.

#7 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 04:00 PM

Theres no buff icon for reflect damage.

#8 Adrianus

Adrianus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 04:40 PM

Not the skill reflect damage true. But the damage reflecting effect from shield spell has a buff icon. Adding a buff icon for Reflect Damage would be very nice its really hard to tell when its active or not unless something is whacking you.

#9 FoxyWoxy

FoxyWoxy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 09:00 PM

Shield Spell is heavely influenced by your shield, I tried between valk shield, thorny shield and +4 thorny. The results I got was very different example; with valk shield I only healed myself once out of what seemed like a hundred tries(didn't really count), with +4 thorny I don't have to drain half my sp (out of 2k fyi).

Some other stuff I want to comment on. Reflect Damage REALLY needs an icon, reason is it works like Guard. When you use it the first time the skill will activate, the second time makes you take off the skill. Unequiping the shield will take the effect off as well so it is somewhat possible to get around this problem but damn it >.<

Also with Reflect damage with the burning effect. This is what happens, take damage from burn, take damage from relect damage, take damage and their effects from auto cast skills. Yes you are inflicting all that damage on yourself.
EDIT: I tested with no reflect gear or skills and auto casts still went of @_@ this was with burn. It seems with burn you really are just attacking yourself. Auto skills were ifrit rings and hunting spear, all went of.

Edited by FoxyWoxy, 14 September 2010 - 11:03 PM.

#10 Adrianus

Adrianus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 10:02 AM

I have noticed something, I'm not sure if it is a bug or not though. When using Ray of Genesis I always walk to 1 cell before the spot I clicked to cast it before I actually cast it. I was under the impression it could be cast from several cells away. Am I misinformed or is this a bug?

#11 FoxyWoxy

FoxyWoxy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 12:01 PM

reading the wiki compilation, it says
Cast Range: melee

Earth Drive. Does not lower Def (atleast on status window)and apperently breaks opponent's shield instead of your own.

Edited by FoxyWoxy, 15 September 2010 - 12:02 PM.

#12 Adrianus

Adrianus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 11:12 AM

Random question/comment about Force of Vanguard, it lists on IROwiki that it adds +10% equipment def. This is the only royal guard def buff that doesn't show up in the status window. So because I am too lazy to actually test this, does anyone know for sure if it adds the def? If it does could we perhaps have that showing in the status window be added to the list of "to does". If it doesn't is it a bug or simply inaccurate information?

Kind of want to see how high I can get my def with gears I currently own, so far I'm at 655 def with self buffs only. http://forums.warppo...tyle_emoticons/default/happy.gif

Edited by Adrianus, 17 September 2010 - 11:16 AM.

#13 Adrianus

Adrianus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 11:49 AM

Was messing around a little bit more. In the skill description it lists that Inspiration cannot be used with Prestige, I tried casting Prestige after already in Inspiration status and it worked. I kept all of the bonuses from Inspiration as well as gained all the bonuses from Prestige at the same time.

If you try it the other way around (Prestige -> Inspiration) your Prestige will be canceled and replaced by Inspiration. So you can only have both if casting Prestige after Inspiration.

Edited by Adrianus, 17 September 2010 - 12:00 PM.

#14 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 17 September 2010 - 01:23 PM

ALL Def adding and reducing effects will NOT show in the status manu. It will show up in Damage Calculations only.

@FoxyWoxy:
Each level of Shield Spell is affected by a different property of the Shield. Lvl1 = Def, Lvl2 = mDef, lvl3 = Refine.

Edited by Clogon, 17 September 2010 - 01:24 PM.

#15 Adrianus

Adrianus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 02:34 PM

Not true Clogon, Shield spell's def increase and Prestige's def increase both show up in the status window. Only FoV does not.

#16 FoxyWoxy

FoxyWoxy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 07:57 PM

@FoxyWoxy:
Each level of Shield Spell is affected by a different property of the Shield. Lvl1 = Def, Lvl2 = mDef, lvl3 = Refine.

I'm a bit confused at the point you're trying to make. I already posted...

Shield Spell is heavely influenced by your shield,

Should I have made myself more clear? 0.0

#17 Tyre

Tyre

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 11:09 AM

I think that the reflect damage has a pretty nasty bug in it... Just playing around with it seeing how it does in pvm, I happened to walk by a plant and it did like 87 damage to the plant. Now if thats how it does what it does, and the EMP is set to have the same defence reduction thing as plants/mushrooms, I wonder if it Reflect Damage would do more damage to the emp? I'm not sure how the emp's skill resistance would stop it or not, but it's something worth checking I guess.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users