Dragon Saga Client stuck on Gravity Games opening screen. - Technical Support - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Dragon Saga Client stuck on Gravity Games opening screen.

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Chimes

Chimes

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 11 March 2012 - 08:30 PM

This isn't the only problem, but this is the biggest issue.

When I start the dragon saga client, it goes through the "Rated everyone" and "WarpPortal" opening screens, but when it gets to "Gravity Games", it stays there and nothing happens.
I tried this so many times, and it got past the Gravity Games screen like twice, but when I entered in the information, I clicked to log in and it said "DragonSaga (I/N) has stopped working" and closed the client. I did the whole DEP thing putting dragonsaga.exe under it. Still did not work the next time I tried to log in. Now I took the dragon saga folders and put them under "programs I can trust" on my Comodo program.
Sometimes the client doesn't even launch.
But I rarely get past the "Gravity Games" screen and I have no idea what to do..
Any help would be great, thanks.
I use Windows 7 Home Premium.

#2 RedBone

RedBone

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:11 AM

Same here fix plz. I've redownloaded 3 times.

#3 Chimes

Chimes

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:03 AM

Well I guess if I don't find a solution soon enough then I'm uninstalling and going back to the European version. Even though I live in Texas I tried the American version thinking it would be better with the lagging but I can't even get into the game to even begin to compare. I've tried everything and this is just ridiculous.
Re-downloaded, deleted patch.id and did all of that.. nothing. Still with the "DragonSaga (I/N) has stopped working", getting stuck at the "Gravity Games" screen, and the game fails to launch too many times. Everything on my computer is up to date including DirectX 11. Turned off my firewall stuff and they're not the problem. Looked everywhere for the same issues but re-installing again or submitting a ticket seems to be ineffective for the majority. I know the problem is not my computer. I'll probably upgrade my video card and get back to the European version. But if anyone else can come up with any other ideas soon, that'd be great.

Edited by Chimes, 12 March 2012 - 10:04 AM.

#4 joseamty

joseamty

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:32 AM

maybe is ur windows or ram of ur pc, is weird, or from where u donwloaded the game?

#5 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:02 AM

I want to say it has something to do with not having enough RAM but you're able to play Gpot version.. so I'm not really sure what would be causing this problem.

Edited by StormHaven, 13 March 2012 - 07:02 AM.

#6 Chimes

Chimes

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:55 AM

Alrighty. :/ Thanks anyways!
@Joseampty: I downloaded the game from the website.

It may be RAM.. I'm not sure. The European version is very difficult to play because of lag, despite the graphics being low. So it may be RAM. I suppose there's something different about the American version that's not letting me play. Who knows..

"Installed Physical Memory (RAM): 2.00 GB
Total Physical Memory: 1.75 GB
Available Physical Memory: 551 MB
Total Virtual Memory: 3.50 GB
Available Virtual Memory: 1.36 GB"

Here's a little information on my PC. I have the required amount of RAM..so I'm not sure. Anything else I should put down to possibly explain the issues?

Edit: Oh my gosh? o.O I somehow managed to get past login into character creation. I doubt it'll be that easy if I try again though.

Yeah, when I tried to log in again the error came up. Oh well..

Edited by Chimes, 13 March 2012 - 09:01 AM.

#7 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:45 AM

Alrighty. :/ Thanks anyways!
@Joseampty: I downloaded the game from the website.

It may be RAM.. I'm not sure. The European version is very difficult to play because of lag, despite the graphics being low. So it may be RAM. I suppose there's something different about the American version that's not letting me play. Who knows..

"Installed Physical Memory (RAM): 2.00 GB
Total Physical Memory: 1.75 GB
Available Physical Memory: 551 MB
Total Virtual Memory: 3.50 GB
Available Virtual Memory: 1.36 GB"

Here's a little information on my PC. I have the required amount of RAM..so I'm not sure. Anything else I should put down to possibly explain the issues?

Edit: Oh my gosh? o.O I somehow managed to get past login into character creation. I doubt it'll be that easy if I try again though.

Yeah, when I tried to log in again the error came up. Oh well..

Yup that would be the problem this version as a memory leak issue where it takes a lot more ram usage that it's supposed to. DS will take ~1GB of ram to run even if you're just afking in town.

#8 RedBone

RedBone

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:31 PM

i dont think its the ram. i have 8.00 GB ram
and plenty of memory. there is problem with ur end

#9 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:05 PM

i dont think its the ram. i have 8.00 GB ram
and plenty of memory. there is problem with ur end

For Chime it might be the ram, for you it could be something else.

#10 Kyiro

Kyiro

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:18 AM

Okay, so my cilent was actually working Wednesday morning at around 6 AM est, after the maintainence, which was cool, I was like "Ok, now I go to bed." XD But uh...anyway. So I got on later with no extra patches or anything done....and all of a sudden, just like the rest of the people here, my game will not get past Gravity Games. It's not my RAM either, cause I have 8 gigs. I've tried reinstalling to no avail and I tried that DEP thing, which didn't work either. So what is it? Is it a bug on the code or something? I really wanna play, seeing as this is the first time I've been back in a few months. Anyway, I don't know if anyone will be able to give me any advice, but I thought I'd add it here that I'm having an issue too.

Edited by Kyiro, 15 March 2012 - 01:19 AM.

#11 joseamty

joseamty

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:12 PM

there was an optional client download in the forums, u can try dat one D: too

#12 Kyiro

Kyiro

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:25 PM

Is there? I mgiht wanna go searching for this one then, I actually haven't tried that. Thanks for the advice. I'll post back later and let you guys know if it worked.

Edit: Okay, I went looking for it and found it, but lo and behold this was on Megaupload which was shut down...fantasic....I'll guess I'll have to redownload from the site again.

Edited by Kyiro, 15 March 2012 - 07:37 PM.

#13 RedBone

RedBone

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:38 AM

ummm. no it u cuz if it patches the its fin u guys r jus bing lazy face it u dont care.
good thing i put no money into it was going to, but ur bs

#14 zabmaru

zabmaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1403 posts
  • LocationSome rural craphole
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:58 AM

Is there? I mgiht wanna go searching for this one then, I actually haven't tried that. Thanks for the advice. I'll post back later and let you guys know if it worked.

Edit: Okay, I went looking for it and found it, but lo and behold this was on Megaupload which was shut down...fantasic....I'll guess I'll have to redownload from the site again.

Could this pinned topic in this very subforum be what you're looking for?

http://forums.warppo...ge__pid__743282

Edit:

ummm. no it u cuz if it patches the its fin u guys r jus bing lazy face it u dont care.

lolwat

Edited by zabmaru, 16 March 2012 - 04:23 AM.

#15 Annaru

Annaru

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 04:14 AM

Okay, so my cilent was actually working Wednesday morning at around 6 AM est, after the maintainence, which was cool, I was like "Ok, now I go to bed." XD But uh...anyway. So I got on later with no extra patches or anything done....and all of a sudden, just like the rest of the people here, my game will not get past Gravity Games. It's not my RAM either, cause I have 8 gigs. I've tried reinstalling to no avail and I tried that DEP thing, which didn't work either. So what is it? Is it a bug on the code or something? I really wanna play, seeing as this is the first time I've been back in a few months. Anyway, I don't know if anyone will be able to give me any advice, but I thought I'd add it here that I'm having an issue too.

same here

#16 Kyiro

Kyiro

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:31 PM

Uh...huh...moving on...

Could this pinned topic in this very subforum be what you're looking for?

http://forums.warppo...ge__pid__743282

Wow, okay, I offically derped. I did not realize it was actually here. I do apologize and thank you for pointing me in the right direction. I tried downloading the offical one again last night and now I have a different problem, the Dragon Saga has stopped one...so I'm going to just try downloading this link here, because I'm not getting anywhere downloading the offical one it seems. Ah, but again, thank you for pointing that out. I should have looked better.

Edited by Kyiro, 16 March 2012 - 12:34 PM.

#17 zabmaru

zabmaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1403 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:40 PM

Wow, okay, I offically derped. I did not realize it was actually here. I do apologize and thank you for pointing me in the right direction. I tried downloading the offical one again last night and now I have a different problem, the Dragon Saga has stopped one...so I'm going to just try downloading this link here, because I'm not getting anywhere downloading the offical one it seems. Ah, but again, thank you for pointing that out. I should have looked better.

It's fine!

#18 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:18 PM

tf did i just attempt to read..

#19 Jennyness

Jennyness

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:29 PM

Please help. I'm experiencing the same problem.
1. It takes a couple of tries to load the game.
2. I can't get past the Gravity logo.
3. After I attempt to login, the game has "stopped working".
I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game a couple times already. I went through the DEP thing. I made exclusions to the game on all my antiviruses and firewalls. I've tried repairing it a bunch of times. Changed it's compatibility and ran it on admin. I think I've tried everything on the list. And I don't like it's my RAM because I have over 1G on everything.

I was able to play Dragon Saga before on this laptop, like a year ago. But I had uninstalled it because most of my friends stopped playing, but now we've started up again. And it seems like I'm the only one who is unable to get my game to start. It works fine for all of them. My friend gave me the installer off his laptop on the first try, but when that didn't work. I got myself a clean one off the website, but that still doesn't work.

I've only been able to log in to a character and go around town maybe 4/50+ times that I had tried loading the game.

I've also noticed that the game stops on the Gravity logo whenever there is a little icon next to the "Dragon Saga ver 2.23" title at the top of the bar(?)/tab thing. I wish I took a picture of it, but I'm attempting to reinstall the game right now as I type. When it doesn't have the little icon besides the name, the game is able to load to the login screen (but after I press login, it crashes).

Please, please, please help. i would love to start playing again.

#20 akiteru

akiteru

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:43 PM

I'm having the exact same issue. Been playing DS for about a year, but as of the last patch, I cannot get past the Gravity logo. Most of the time the game won't even launch and has to be removed via the task manager. It can't be my ram, it's a new laptop and I usually play on the highest possible settings.

#21 zabmaru

zabmaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1403 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:55 PM

Please help. I'm experiencing the same problem.
1. It takes a couple of tries to load the game.
2. I can't get past the Gravity logo.
3. After I attempt to login, the game has "stopped working".
I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game a couple times already. I went through the DEP thing. I made exclusions to the game on all my antiviruses and firewalls. I've tried repairing it a bunch of times. Changed it's compatibility and ran it on admin. I think I've tried everything on the list. And I don't like it's my RAM because I have over 1G on everything.

I was able to play Dragon Saga before on this laptop, like a year ago. But I had uninstalled it because most of my friends stopped playing, but now we've started up again. And it seems like I'm the only one who is unable to get my game to start. It works fine for all of them. My friend gave me the installer off his laptop on the first try, but when that didn't work. I got myself a clean one off the website, but that still doesn't work.

I've only been able to log in to a character and go around town maybe 4/50+ times that I had tried loading the game.

I've also noticed that the game stops on the Gravity logo whenever there is a little icon next to the "Dragon Saga ver 2.23" title at the top of the bar(?)/tab thing. I wish I took a picture of it, but I'm attempting to reinstall the game right now as I type. When it doesn't have the little icon besides the name, the game is able to load to the login screen (but after I press login, it crashes).

Please, please, please help. i would love to start playing again.

I'm having the exact same issue. Been playing DS for about a year, but as of the last patch, I cannot get past the Gravity logo. Most of the time the game won't even launch and has to be removed via the task manager. It can't be my ram, it's a new laptop and I usually play on the highest possible settings.

Have either of you read the thread and tried the alternate client?

#22 akiteru

akiteru

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:09 PM

Have either of you read the thread and tried the alternate client?

It did the same thing.

#23 zabmaru

zabmaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1403 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:54 PM

It did the same thing.

Did you try repatching?

#24 akiteru

akiteru

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 17 March 2012 - 03:45 AM

Did you try repatching?

Yes, first with the first client, didn't work, then with the second and got the same result.

I'm on windows 7 like the op, if that helps at all.

#25 TheSirNathanial

TheSirNathanial

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 18 March 2012 - 01:39 PM

I've read over this topic (as I have the same problem). I have tried repatching and the alt client but I think I may have figured out the problem.

The game has some issue with Windows 64 bit. I know a few of us are running it due to the fact that a few of you have more than 3 gigs of ram. I also noticed that I had the black screen issue with the origional download and the Gravity Logo issue with the alt client. I am going to try and repatch the OG client now and get back to you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users