Maintenance March 13 - Page 2 - Ragnarok: Patch History - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Maintenance March 13

• Please log in to reply
397 replies to this topic

#26 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:18 PM

Originally it was only a 1 hour gap between the Saturday WoEs, but many wanted to not have overlap with Valk so the entire alliance can attend the whole WoE on Valk. So we moved it so there was not overlap.
Making WoE 1 only 1 hour on Saturday but not Wednesday is not possible. It is either 1 hour or 2 hours for all instances of the WoE.

I had many that were vocal about wanting to have WoE 1 still occur on Saturday, it is not an option for the 2 WoEs to be at the same time, so having it another time was the solution. Regardless of how I choose it, someone is unhappy, I would rather err on the side of giving more time to do WoE than having less WoE time. We certainly do need to increase the ability to supply I totally agree with that. I didn't make extension to increase sales, frankly WoE 1 doesn't monetize directly like that especially with the siege whites/blues.

Balong: we had that Gold Dragon hat in the boxter, we may have to put it in the boxter again.

#27 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:33 PM

oh while you're at fixing some mora gear, please make the mace of judgement and the empowered mace of judgement neutral element as it is supposed to be. currently it is holy and that is quite bad for battle priests.

i also reported it a few days ago here:

http://forums.warppo...uipment-issues/

but i understand when it was overlooked as it is an old thread.

alternatively, if you intent to keep the judgement maces holy, please adjust the tool-tip accordingly, thanks in advance!

#28 falkenjeff

falkenjeff

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 448 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada
  • Server:"Valkyrie, prepared."

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:49 PM

What's wrong with having all castles open for capture during a single WoE? Pick and choose which castles you want. If you don't have the manpower, you can't have them all. If you split your forces in an attempt to do so, you deserve what you get for not building a bigger guild/network of guilds.

I haven't played WoE on iRO yet, so I don't even know if this applies to Ymir or not, but, I have played some WoEs.

My first question was a legitimate question. I'm trying to understand, not argue. If you want every castle, then it's up to you to build up multiple guilds, and learn the leadership skills necessary to rally such a large number of people to your side. If it was real life, and you had to plan for war, you'd bet you'd have to account for all the castles all at once.

#29 kiryuphoenix

kiryuphoenix

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:52 PM

I as a Player and a full time worker, would love to see the Double Exp event stay for another week. I normally don't like to QQ about such trivial events as we get them so much. But giving us something like a dbl exp on a friday night of all things was kind of all for not if u ask me. most ppl go out on friday nights or even work longer shifts due to the weekend. Please consider keeping it in for another week or at least maybe til friday so that players who work more than others get the full benifits.

#30 Froggems

Froggems

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:57 PM

We certainly do need to increase the ability to supply I totally agree with that.

Hey that's my only real concern, as long as you guys are working on a better way to supply without cutting unto our wallets im happy. Im stoked for woe on sat.

#31 Pres

Pres

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1427 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:00 PM

A point system for woe for individual players so that you can trade for supplies!

#32 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:01 PM

Interesting thing with the ales.

#33 Anchors

Anchors

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • Server:Chaos, when it's up

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:05 PM

Valentine's Ends, the +1 to all stats and the "card like effects" will end on the headgears on April 3rd

Wait... so there was no point whatsoever to the second part of the Valentine's Day event aside from being a fine sand and time sink?

#34 Agahim

Agahim

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1036 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:07 PM

Wait... so there was no point whatsoever to the second part of the Valentine's Day event aside from being a fine sand and time sink?

yeah thats kinda lame, i thought the card effects were going to stay and only the +1 to all stats were to be removed. i think oda even said something like that. would be really frustrating othwerise because alot of people put alot of effort into the quests.

#35 shado

shado

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 401 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:08 PM

Thank you for fixing the overlap of ygg and valk woe 1.0 overlap. The two woe's should never of been slated to run during each other. There is a large population of players who make it to both woe's. Cross server woe players do make up a sizeable portion of both servers attendance. Having both woe's at the same time only made many people have to choose and only hurts both servers populations.

It's not a fix when the solution is to create different problem.

#36 Azyrk

Azyrk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:18 PM

Could you please give further information on how the extended WoE time is essential for further updates? Honestly, you're probably going to kill the Yggdrasil server. I'd like proper justification. Usually I have an open mind about GM decisions, but this one is a bit ridiculous considering I haven't seen one post (or talked to ANYONE in game) that was for this change. I mean, this update better be pretty nice, because players are considering to just not WoE on Saturdays. Not to mention us guild leaders. I mean, I would like to see the grass and enjoy the upcoming spring weather on Saturdays. =S
As for supplies, can you do some sort of makeshift implementation this maint? It needs to be done as soon as possible. It's hard as hell to sell anything anymore and guild funds are starting to deplete faster than they are growing. Maybe you guys should pump zeny into the Ygg market, because from what I see, all the zeny is going into that WPS system and never returning.

If these times are not going to change, then I am not sure my guild will be participating in WoE 1 on Saturdays. If my members don't want to play for 7 hours, I'm not going to force them. =/

Edit: Why can't we have it like the way it used to be? Both WoE 1 and 2 at the same time?

Edited by Azyrk, 12 March 2012 - 07:20 PM.

#37 lainee

lainee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 729 posts
  • LocationOceanic Eternity
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:19 PM

I had many that were vocal about wanting to have WoE 1 still occur on Saturday,

LOL. Lets at least have a little honestly here. More than being vocal, they DDoSed the crap out of the server untill you gave in. Not only did you give in, it seems you moved the WoE1 time on Ymir to better suit the people that were responsible for the DDoS attacks. Everyone on Ymir knows this.

it is not an option for the 2 WoEs to be at the same time, so having it another time was the solution.

You started a thread here (the main reason was to lauch a trial balloon to see if the DDoSers would stop, which they did briefly when they thought they would get their own way)

http://forums.warppo...talk-about-woe/ (remember this one Heim?)

You were offered many valid suggestions (see Akin's, Xellie's posts) in regards to making Ymir WoE more competative, and to try and fix the empty castle issues. You then came up with a tall tale about why changes were not possible. (even though they have been done on other official Ragnarok Online servers in the past)

You then totally ignored the entire thread and the DDoSing began again.

Either The Gravity IT staff were just not up to job of coming up with a working solution, or the financial cost of DDoS mitigation was too great.

So you bent over and gave in.

True Story.

Edited by lainee, 12 March 2012 - 06:36 PM.

#38 balong

balong

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:49 PM

Heim,
last time you already said that,in the boxter.i did checked it many times,but was not there in boxter list..when you gonna bring baCK BOXTER THEN?

#39 Ninjatbro

Ninjatbro

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 07:33 PM

Woe is my favorite part of this game and I know that I would love to be able to woe more, but having so much in one day is just too much. I do love the idea of both a WoE 1 and a WoE2 on the weekend. I propose instead of 2 WoEs in one day, we should have WoE2 same time as before on Saturday, and then WoE 1 on Sunday or vice versa. This way we don't have to spend an entire day with WoE and WoE prep. I know that I was totally burnt out after the 5 hours of WoE/Prep last weekend. If WoE was divided between two days then we get the best of both. I know I personally do want more WoE days and would be very happy to have WoE on Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday. If we keep the whole 2 WoEs a day going I personally don't see myself playing RO much longer.

Edited by Ninjatbro, 13 March 2012 - 06:16 PM.

#40 TheKraven

TheKraven

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1135 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Valk

Posted 12 March 2012 - 07:40 PM

woah wtf honestly...why would u give us a nice set of headgears and then just remove them

I put my MP card into my +12 ceb because i thought it would be permanent

nice going, I'm very disappointed

#41 KataiKou

KataiKou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:12 PM

What? How is removing the stats from the Devil/Angel glasses have anything to do with your +12 CEB?

#42 iiNote

iiNote

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:15 PM

A point system for woe for individual players so that you can trade for supplies!

i believe something close to that idea is coming with the kRo WoE Update, you kinda like pay the Cat Hand 10k and they give you a coupon or something that you can exchange for some pretty nice supplies. Least that's what I roughly understood from zro's translations.

#43 morakdais

morakdais

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:19 PM

I think that the devil/angel symbols should at least keep their all stats +1. Pretty lame to just have sunglasses with a different name...

#44 balong

balong

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:39 PM

Hello Heim,
this is my follow up responsed ,You said the dragon helm was in boxter before.I swear to god its not in there to be recycle. you must be joking heim.now please consider this helm from lunar new year box to be recyle .bring back the boxter tommorow after maintencane.and I good

#45 silentFuzz

silentFuzz

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2049 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:~

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:47 PM

Hello Heim,
this is my follow up responsed ,You said the dragon helm was in boxter before.I swear to god its not in there to be recycle. you must be joking heim.now please consider this helm from lunar new year box to be recyle .bring back the boxter tommorow after maintencane.and I good

or make it tradable!! :D

#46 Pres

Pres

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1427 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:50 PM

What? How is removing the stats from the Devil/Angel glasses have anything to do with your +12 CEB?

Angel/devil glasses aren't slotted. He would have put the MP card into a slotted glasses and left CEB unslotted.

#47 LuxiLux

LuxiLux

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:51 PM

As there is no card out right now that's a good match for a CEB( at least non-mvp card), it's usually kept empty, since anything you put into it will probably devalue it.

GMs implied that the bonus atk/matk was staying, and so he opted to stick an expensive card into his top slot instead so that he could use the devil/angel symbol as a mid headgear.

#48 XIII_Eraser

XIII_Eraser

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1448 posts
  • LocationBehind You
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:01 PM

Is summoner coming back tomorrow?

#49 Ramen19

Ramen19

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • Server:Classic~

Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:13 PM

No, go hunt some real mvps -_-;;

#50 dongpickle

dongpickle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 231 posts
  • LocationSeoul, Korea

Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:33 PM

the +1 all stat should stay on the glasses. but not the atk/matk.

honestly the real hard work was spending/farming the find sands. the event was really buggy (angels being way more hard to kill at first, causing many people to join the angels side, some servers getting a bugged Devil side, can't switch sides even when you brought 100 lumps/crates, etc) if the atk/matk is going to stay and grant a MID head gear 20~30 atk/matk then i could sense an outpouring a Q.Q's (myself included) since the event wasn't really fair or well ran. we had 4/5 weeks of getting devil's symbol/angel's symbol so i think +1 all stat to a mid headgear is somewhat acceptable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users