Maintenance March 13 - Page 4 - Ragnarok: Patch History - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Maintenance March 13

• Please log in to reply
397 replies to this topic

#76 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:56 AM

lolol so the valentine's hat is losing all of its effect. Kinda wished the exact words would be confirmed ahead of time.

Such a crappy event. Seriously.... Why would you remove the effects that people worked so hard for? I know several people who endlessly killed Devil Messengers and thinking this would be a nice headgear to have in the long run. <_<

Also, we need the St. Patrick quest to limit Green Ale rewards. We kinda don't want the last year Ale disaster to happen again, even with the reduced healing effect.

#77 Pres

Pres

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1427 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 13 March 2012 - 04:02 AM

Honestly, I don't want to woe for 6 hours either. That's just too much for anyone; I know it is for me. One of the woes should really be moved to another day... but I am thinking to move woe 2 instead.

Edited by Pres, 13 March 2012 - 04:23 AM.

#78 Zeca

Zeca

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 547 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 04:23 AM

After playing iro for so many years, we kinda get how you are heim. Even when everyone is saying something is a bad idea, how its gonna ruin everything, etc etc, you still go ahead and implement it. We are not stupid, we follow kro news and we know there is not a single woe update that needs an extra woe day. But whatever, you have your pride and wont admit youre wrong. So heres a win/not lose so much situation:
1)move the new woe1 to sunday 3-5pm ygg, 5-7pm ymir.
2)double all eco investments on 1.0 castles. When normally you can get 2-4 eco per castle per day, make it so you can get 4-8 eco per day. Having 2 1.0 woes on the week will keep all the ecos in check, while giving incentive to people to try and eco a 1.0. Of course this would not apply to valk.

That way you can "solve" all the new problems. No people will get burnt out, the extra econ will help keep up with the supplies and give better incentives for doing 1.0. Of course this is considering you guys are working on the new supply system, cause no double eco will solve that.

#79 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 13 March 2012 - 04:24 AM

Really fricken annoying Heimdallr stating gold dragon was in the boxter when it was not.

More annoying virtually 95% of the community is against his woe times and he's being indignant about it.

Move the extra woe 1 to sunday, or monday. nobody wants to WOE/prep for 6-7 hours straight. Enough said.

Edited by Jaye, 13 March 2012 - 04:25 AM.

#80 Pres

Pres

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1427 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:12 AM

qq Sunday is catching up on homework day :(

#81 shado

shado

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 401 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:18 AM

I wouldn't mind woe 1 on weds+ sat/sun, woe 2 on tuesday/sunday/monday.

You can't put the woe 1's too close together or it would become even more worthless to participate in them.

Damn, that's probably exactly what they will do.

#82 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:20 AM

It's almost like he makes these changes to benefit his own playing schedule. It's clear that no one wants these frankesteined WoE times and he won't even state why he thinks it's such a good idea.

#83 Monkey D. Luffy

Monkey D. Luffy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:13 AM

• Valentine's Ends, the +1 to all stats and the "card like effects" will end on the headgears on April 3rd

I thought the sunnies/glasses will get that permanent plus stats :rice:

#84 rednaxelagnik

rednaxelagnik

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:21 AM

A non-WOE question...is there any chance of obtaining the four leaf clover lower headgear, either through a quest or a lucky box item? As stupid as it sounds, it's one of the few things I was really hoping for this St. Patrick's Day.

Also, what will the monsters be for the gramps turn-ins?

#85 iDanii

iDanii

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • LocationColombia
  • Server:Valkyrie ~ Classic

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:27 AM

Nogg turn in (: , scaraba turn in

#86 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:12 AM

What happened to the other thread about the WoE times on the forums? I couldn't find it on any of the recent pages. Maybe if we tell them its a horrible idea enough times here we can get this thread removed too.

After playing iro for so many years, we kinda get how you are heim. Even when everyone is saying something is a bad idea, how its gonna ruin everything, etc etc, you still go ahead and implement it. We are not stupid, we follow kro news and we know there is not a single woe update that needs an extra woe day. But whatever, you have your pride and wont admit youre wrong. So heres a win/not lose so much situation:
1)move the new woe1 to sunday 3-5pm ygg, 5-7pm ymir.
2)double all eco investments on 1.0 castles. When normally you can get 2-4 eco per castle per day, make it so you can get 4-8 eco per day. Having 2 1.0 woes on the week will keep all the ecos in check, while giving incentive to people to try and eco a 1.0. Of course this would not apply to valk.

That way you can "solve" all the new problems. No people will get burnt out, the extra econ will help keep up with the supplies and give better incentives for doing 1.0. Of course this is considering you guys are working on the new supply system, cause no double eco will solve that.

Honestly this solution only mitigates a problem that shouldn't even exist. For me anyways, this solution would still carry the two most important problems (the burnout factor and the supply factor). The only benefit is that it doesn't make us play for 100 hours straight.

Edited by Scuba, 13 March 2012 - 08:26 AM.

#87 falkenjeff

falkenjeff

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 448 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada
  • Server:"Valkyrie, prepared."

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:28 AM

^ you deserve a face slap.

here you go - faceslap.jpeg

Why?

If you only have time for 1, then only organize your team for 1. What's wrong with that? I backed up my opinion, so why not explain yours?

#88 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:34 AM

Our opinion is backed up plenty.

Your opinion equates to "if a soccer team only has time for the first half you should only organize them for the first half"

This is of course, WRONG. If your soccer team only has time for the first half, you don't play the damn game.

#89 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:47 AM

A think a better anology is you're in a tournament but can only play 1 game out of 2 in the finals (guaranteeing no success in the grand scheme, even if you can end 1 game victorious). Since woe 1 and 2 are separate they aren't 2 periods of the same game, they are 2 different games. But just participating in 1 of the 2 really wrecks your standings in the league :/

#90 falkenjeff

falkenjeff

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 448 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada
  • Server:"Valkyrie, prepared."

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:09 AM

Well it's different castles, right? It's more like your team is part of a soccer league and a hockey league, but they only have time to play one, so they picked the hockey league and dropped the soccer.

Unless of course you need your name plastered over every single castle to consider WoE a "success" in your mind. My goal is meginjard, if/when I participate. If that means only taking 1 castle at a time, so be it.

#91 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:10 AM

Why?

If you only have time for 1, then only organize your team for 1. What's wrong with that? I backed up my opinion, so why not explain yours?

Heim, is that you?? :hmm:

#92 shado

shado

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 401 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:25 AM

Heim, is that you?? :hmm:

Hahaha, could be.

#93 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:26 AM

Well it's different castles, right? It's more like your team is part of a soccer league and a hockey league, but they only have time to play one, so they picked the hockey league and dropped the soccer.

Unless of course you need your name plastered over every single castle to consider WoE a "success" in your mind. My goal is meginjard, if/when I participate. If that means only taking 1 castle at a time, so be it.

you posted earlier you have only done some woes and have never woed on iro yet. it's probably best you stop posting on something you aren't very familiar with, let alone led any guild to know what the implications of an extra woe are

this is my nice reply

#94 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:33 AM

I mean if we want to continue warping my analogy we can go right ahead.

I like them both and I would be able to keep Soccer if it just stayed on Saturday, and still play Hockey if it stayed on Tuesday. I can't play both sports back to back because that is very taxing. And its not fair to my Hockey team that I can't play because I'm too tired from the Soccer game I had the same day.

#95 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:37 AM

Can't say I agree with the anology mostly because your success on RO (MVPing, PVP, endgame dungeons) are all directly influence by your guild's success in Siege. You need megs (woe1) and bryn (woe2) for example to min-max gfist damage; meaning if you pick one type of woe or the other, you don't even rate against the competition. You can't stay on top of the game by being uninvolved in weekly content due to lack of free time. Our GMs had a pretty good balance of it before with 1 woe/day;2/week, and are only doing things that will cause blowback (from increasing the reward to people with no life and punishing those without 6-7 hours to dedicate on every saturday)

#96 Azyrk

Azyrk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:24 AM

Scuba, if the thread about times you are talking about is the one I started, it was deleted. I can't find it in my old posts or anything.

Heim, here's the run down: You have the 5 guild leaders of the top 5 guilds in Yggdrasil telling you that the new WoE times are not going to work for them, or their guilds. If you continue to ignore our pleas, you will essentially lose the entire WoE scene on Yggdrasil. To strengthen my case, I'll point out each of the leaders:
Dobbbss: Leader of Warrior Nation - an easy 20-25 people being lost from WoE
Triki: Leader of Valkyrie - another easy 20+ people being lost from WoE
Zeca: A leader of Cry More Bro - Good 15+ people lost
Azyrk: A leader of Loki's Realm - Another 15 or so people lost.
Jaye: A leader of Volkiba - Another 20 people lost.
Note, these are rough estimates, but close enough to give you a scope of how many players that are not satisfied.

You also have support from other members of the Ygg community, such as Pres and silentFuzz, expressing the server's distaste for the new WoE.

I can't speak for the other guilds, but let's just say they're all gun-ho for the new changes, and stay on the server while Warrior Nation, Valkyrie, Loki's Realm, Cry More Bro, and Volkiba leave. Basically, you'll be left with a group of guilds that have no clear goals in WoE. They pretty much just go around and break any castle they can find and call it a day. This kind of beats the purpose of WoE, does it not?
People already give Ygg enough crap, and we've just started to have really nice WoEs (like within the past month and half). You're just throwing our WoE back into the way it was over the summer: Crap.

Please acknowledge our arguments in your next post. I really don't like feeling like I am wasting my time typing.

Edited by Azyrk, 13 March 2012 - 11:27 AM.

#97 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:40 AM

Yes, I think some explanation of the need for the WoE times to both be on Saturday would be reasonable.

#98 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:48 AM

(non guildleader standpoint) - i can safely say that a couple of friends including myself will not be attending woes on ygg if you have them arranged in the current setting. i especially do not want to log on for a woe in which people are hardly there because they are burned out / lack of motivation/ not supplied well / no time / etc. as said before, ygg already has a low population, even in woe. Keep the schedule the way it is now and it will get worse, and there goes the one end game content activity people actually look forward to at times (yeah surprising that there is something ppl still look forward to)

Edited by Andini, 13 March 2012 - 11:49 AM.

#99 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:13 PM

Call me crazy, I still look forward to BG/KVM. But that's messed up too.

#100 Aeroku

Aeroku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:08 PM

and even if heim says things like "this is for the future...blahblah", well guess what:

"there is no future if you guys are going against of what we can do now. period."

just putting it up here.

Edited by Aeroku, 13 March 2012 - 01:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users