Maintenance March 13 - Page 5 - Ragnarok: Patch History - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Maintenance March 13

• Please log in to reply
397 replies to this topic

#101 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valk

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:12 PM

^ it's really funny how people are like "oh too much woe" when they play the game for 10+ hours, even then, those people only care about 2 things. 1: Killing people, 2: Eco and castles. Unless you're "hardcore" and defend the castle for 2 straight hours with a good guild, you're better off just tagging last 15 or so mins and butt f'ing one castle or 2. lol~ All you care about is castle loots anyways. So, chiming your ideas are dittlelysheet when it doesn't take so much to break a castle and keep it for 5mins you're defending heh.

So basically your idea is to skip 3 hours of woe and only woe for the last hour or two? So in the end basically you would have the same woe as you do now....

#102 HealingPalms

HealingPalms

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:39 PM

1 Idea what about having revolving treasure drops from castles so it will mean guilds wanting to hold more castles rather than just crashing the ones they need at the last minute?

#103 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ
  • Server:Valk

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:50 PM

1 Idea what about having revolving treasure drops from castles so it will mean guilds wanting to hold more castles rather than just crashing the ones they need at the last minute?

This is gonna be seen in WoE 3.0...All the castles will have a chance to drop any type of god piece meaning you dont have to find a specific castle for the piece your guild is making. Just find and defend any castle (that is if im understanding what the new rules are gonna be)

#104 falkenjeff

falkenjeff

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 448 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada
  • Server:"Valkyrie, prepared."

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:51 PM

You need megs (woe1) and bryn (woe2) for example to min-max gfist damage; meaning if you pick one type of woe or the other, you don't even rate against the competition.

Since when did you need both castles at the same time to collect the treasure for both god items? Last time I checked, you could participate in WoE 1 and take Castle A for a few weeks until you get item A, and then participate in WoE 2 and take Castle B until you get item B. If your guild's goal is god items, and you're a good leader, they will rally with you. If it's not, or you have bad leadership skills, they will say **** you when you tell them to switch from WoE 1 to WoE 2 for a while.

#105 shado

shado

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 401 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:00 PM

Since when did you need both castles at the same time to collect the treasure for both god items? Last time I checked, you could participate in WoE 1 and take Castle A for a few weeks until you get item A, and then participate in WoE 2 and take Castle B until you get item B. If your guild's goal is god items, and you're a good leader, they will rally with you. If it's not, or you have bad leadership skills, they will say **** you when you tell them to switch from WoE 1 to WoE 2 for a while.

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Please stop distracting the CM's from what really matters.

#106 falkenjeff

falkenjeff

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 448 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:09 PM

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Please stop distracting the CM's from what really matters.

Aren't I talking about things like this (Only listing a couple, not them all):

Brynhild Armor Piece

Nidhoggur 3 -> 0.81%

used to make Brynhild,

and

Sinew of Bear

Balder 3 -> 0.81%

used to make gleipnir which is used to make mejingjard.

You need to have certain castles to get certain drops from the treasure chests. You do not need all the castles at once, you only need to have every castle (one at a time) at least long enough to get the item. Right?

Correct my false information with correct information if I'm wrong. Don't just tell me that I have "absolutely no idea what I'm talking about". Telling me I'm wrong is trolling. Telling me why I'm wrong is not.

#107 blitzersion

blitzersion

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 428 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:15 PM

Please remove WoE 1 on Saturdays. All these additions to make people content by giving more of a break between the two WoEs won't work out. Sone guilds are trying to econ specific castles on servers and they can't do that with two WoEs. Guilds have a small incentive from participating in woe and getting the treasures sure. But eventually, you're going to get to the point where guilds go bankrupt and can only survive if they put their own money into the game, etc to make their guild thrive. Like Azyrk pointed out, you'll have a tremendous amount of people drop in WoE. There won't be any point in trying to get god items anymore. The bigger guilds, the ones that have set goals, will have less chances of doing anything especially since they can't fund their members. I may be knew to the WoE scene, but you are going to destroy our WoE scene on Yggdrasil.
I feel like you're doing this just so people can put more money into the game. After all, when people can't spend any zeny since there isn't much in the game, all they'll do is buy WPE so their guild can thrive. And then all we will see is a ridiculous amount of WPE in the market with that being the "new currency." >_>

#108 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:24 PM

Maybe we should all start DDoSing the servers. Since DDoS is pretty much the only opinion GMs seem to hear...

We don't negotiate with ddoserists.

#109 Susan

Susan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1024 posts
  • Server:ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:34 PM

I didn't put in the certs because there was significant concern that there were too many of them. We are trying to keep their numbers low so their existance is appreciated when you have one.

HAHAHA

http://www.playragna...ail.aspx?id=164

Each Groove Pack will contain 2 Chocolate Gift Baskets and a random:
  • 1x Safe to 7 Chance Box,
  • 1x Battle Manual x3,
  • 1x Mystical Amplification 50 Box,
  • 1x Heroic Desocketing Book,
  • 1x Heroic Backpack [1]

#110 Pres

Pres

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1427 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:41 PM

What a stupid groove pack.

#111 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:43 PM

that is a ridic groove pack. you should not do that

sucks for everyone that spent a ton in lucky boxes to get A rank backpack and desocket

Edited by Andini, 13 March 2012 - 03:45 PM.

#112 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:47 PM

I bet the rate for those items is like 5%. Totally reeling in the cash users. xD

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 13 March 2012 - 03:47 PM.

#113 Pres

Pres

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1427 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:49 PM

It's so dumb, I'm at a lost of words, seriously. Management's a complete disappointment. The percentage or whatever doesn't matter.

#114 Razgriz

Razgriz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:50 PM

HAHAHA

• 1x Battle Manual x3,
  • 1x Heroic Backpack [1]

This is how i imagine Heim right now.

And even more fun, you put more damn WoE 1 that:

-Nobody wants to attend
-Castle 1 loots are utterly crap other than God Pieces and OCAs
-You still ignore guilds using exploits ( And you still dont punish obvious infractors )
-Massive amounts of Lag/inestability in servers at woe hours or logging going down
-Lack of any real insentive to attend WoE
-You had a topic where most people said they were AGAINST more WoE time, ignored it pretty much
-You want feedback from your playerbase yet you ignore it

So basically, do you plan to sink your Game or what's the point of this crappy management?

#115 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:57 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z4m4lnjxkY

This is how i imagine Heim right now.

And even more fun, you put more damn WoE 1 that:

-Nobody wants to attend
-Castle 1 loots are utterly crap other than God Pieces and OCAs
-You still ignore guilds using exploits ( And you still dont punish obvious infractors )
-Massive amounts of Lag/inestability in servers at woe hours or logging going down
-Lack of any real insentive to attend WoE
-You had a topic where most people said they were AGAINST more WoE time, ignored it pretty much
-You want feedback from your playerbase yet you ignore it

So basically, do you plan to sink your Game or what's the point of this crappy management?

You forgot the trollface trolololol

Also, there's no such thing as "management" in this GM team because a bunch of 5 year olds can do a better management tasking than them atm. <_<

#116 Chris

Chris

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 04:00 PM

So has the "updated summoner" finally been added to Sakray for testing?

#117 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 March 2012 - 04:05 PM

Then please negotiate with players =s

I don't know who told you that two woes in the same day was good, but for ygg server guilds, two woes on saturday is a non-no. Please consider moving the extra woe to another day, or cancelling that new woe.

#118 dongpickle

dongpickle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 231 posts
  • LocationSeoul, Korea

Posted 13 March 2012 - 04:07 PM

oh ouch. is that our early april fools joke?

seriously. you guys shouldn't implement that

edit: i'm talking about the BOX

Edited by dongpickle, 13 March 2012 - 04:09 PM.

#119 falkenjeff

falkenjeff

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 448 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 04:07 PM

HAHAHA

• 1x Battle Manual x3,
  • 1x Heroic Backpack [1]

Thanks for the heads up. Sold all but 1 of them before the price drops. Thank you GMs for posting the patch notes before the patch :).

#120 Akin

Akin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 13 March 2012 - 04:08 PM

Then why does it seem that the reason WoE 1 was added back to Saturdays on Ymir/Ygg was because Gravity was trying to placate ddoserists?

#121 Anchors

Anchors

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • Server:Chaos, when it's up

Posted 13 March 2012 - 04:09 PM

Nearly forgot. Aside from any and all effort into V-Day part II being negated or not (would still appreciate clarification on that, might have missed the response in the massive wall of WoE change complaints), will the Four-Leaf Clover lower headgear be available at all in the quest?

#122 falkenjeff

falkenjeff

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 448 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 04:12 PM

oh ouch. is that our early april fools joke?

seriously. you guys shouldn't implement that

edit: i'm talking about the BOX

sell now, buy later. You've got a few hours before it's even implemented.

#123 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 04:12 PM

You all forget you do NOT have to do the WoE if you don't want to. If you want to do the WoE then by all means do, but if the WoE 1 isn't your thing, or WoE 2 isn't then don't participate. But it is better that people have the options of which WoE to do rather than being enforced to only have 1 option.

#124 blitzersion

blitzersion

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 428 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 13 March 2012 - 04:18 PM

-_- at Groove Pack. I feel sad for spending all that money and not getting a backpack from the boxes.. And now these come out. -_-Great. How much are these? 300 kp as usual?

#125 Ninjatbro

Ninjatbro

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 04:21 PM

You all forget you do NOT have to do the WoE if you don't want to. If you want to do the WoE then by all means do, but if the WoE 1 isn't your thing, or WoE 2 isn't then don't participate. But it is better that people have the options of which WoE to do rather than being enforced to only have 1 option.

The problem with giving the "option" is that if you plan to be competitive in the WoE scene your guild cannot be missing WoEs. I am perfectly fine with adding an extra WoE, just not on the same day as another. It is way too long having two in one day and honestly just leaves me burnt out. If you would move WoE 2 to sunday and put WoE 1 in saturdays original time slot i do not think you would have any complaints

Edited by Ninjatbro, 13 March 2012 - 04:21 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users