32 replies to this topic

#1 Pepperoncini

Pepperoncini

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 338 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 September 2010 - 10:11 PM

Hey folks. I've been talking with Heim about methods of getting game information to the community here on a more regular time scale. We are still working out the details, but what we have agreed on so far is some kind of community update every 2 weeks or so that answers some of our (you and I that is) questions. I will get a post going like this to gather community input on which questions/topics we want to hear from Heim about. Instead of using a poll for this, I just want to see what people have to say. Then after a few days, I will distill the discussions down into 5 or 10 "questions" that I will either submit to Heim or hopefully ask him in some kind of real-time setting (this is not looking very likely). This first update is probably going to be a bit on the sloppy side because Heim is obviously super busy and we are still not entirely sure how we want to go about this. The good news is he is on board.

So lets kick things off.
What are some specific topics that should be covered in the first update?
Please try to be constructive so we can get some good questions out of these discussions.

Update: All of the questions so far are very good, I'm beginning to compile the list. Keep the questions coming, this topic will probably be open for another 3 or 4 days. Then hopefully soon after that you all can expect a post with composed information/answers from my discussion with Heim regarding the issues brought up here.

Update: Okay, everything is squared away. Thanks to everyone who submitted questions. Heim agreed to give answers/discuss these topics in real-time over a messenger, so I will be able to do on the spot followup questions and hopefully get some good information. We are now trying figuring out a time to do it. Hopefully it will be sometime later this week, if not, I'm going to push for as early this coming week as possible. Like I mentioned, this first update is proving to be a bit sloppy, so expect things to move a lot quicker next time. But things are getting more official, so I really don't mind if this takes a little time to sort out.

Edited by Pepperoncini, 21 September 2010 - 08:17 PM.

#2 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 11 September 2010 - 11:21 PM

Any specific bugs/balance issues pre-renewal that are going to be fixed in renewal that you'd be glad to highlight about?

#3 Akihiro

Akihiro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1235 posts
  • LocationWashington
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 11 September 2010 - 11:28 PM

Are you going to touch the party share system? I'd really like to see it give more benefits.

#4 Krispin

Krispin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 787 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 12:34 AM

jro and kro have their own versions of renewal customized for their playstyle.
Will we have this opportunity?

Edited by Krispin, 12 September 2010 - 12:35 AM.

#5 Mwrip

Mwrip

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...

Posted 12 September 2010 - 12:47 AM

Will anything be different about Ygg vs Ymir?

Are you going to touch the party share system? I'd really like to see it give more benefits.

Seconded.

Edited by Mwrip, 12 September 2010 - 12:48 AM.

#6 Dray

Dray

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • LocationPayon

Posted 12 September 2010 - 01:00 AM

Will there be any change to the Guild system?
As it is, the only active skill ever used is Recall, since all timers are tied together. Will that be changed with Renewal?

#7 ABK1986

ABK1986

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 945 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 12 September 2010 - 03:08 AM

No monsters in the city. Azoth/polymorph clips and such.

#8 ABK1986

ABK1986

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 945 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 12 September 2010 - 03:14 AM

Also, the mail system has been down for months now. I just got reminded by this post just now.

#9 Pepperoncini

Pepperoncini

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 05:28 AM

This is the question that I want to ask the most. I want to know how far the iRO team is willing to customize our renewal experience. It seems like just barely polishing some exp tables/various bonuses could really improve gameplay experience.

#10 NeoSaro

NeoSaro

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 192 posts
  • LocationRO Ymir ex-Chaos

Posted 12 September 2010 - 06:19 AM

This is the question that I want to ask the most. I want to know how far the iRO team is willing to customize our renewal experience. It seems like just barely polishing some exp tables/various bonuses could really improve gameplay experience.

I'm going more far and add, "how far the iRO team can customize renewal with current resources?"

Edited by NeoSaro, 12 September 2010 - 06:24 AM.

#11 Chisami

Chisami

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • LocationCali
  • Server:Transcendence (currently)

Posted 12 September 2010 - 07:01 AM

I believe that many of us would like to know about future plans to allow transfers from Valkryie to Yggdrasil. Important!

#12 Nyogtha

Nyogtha

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • LocationSpace

Posted 12 September 2010 - 07:42 AM

With renewal coming, and time for changes, would there be any slight possibilities to implement a bank system?
So we don't need to dual log just to xfer zeny from a character to other.

I thought maybe if it could be a section of our storage..

#13 morphine

morphine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1123 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 11:04 AM

Part of me hates to be that person, but since others have already addressed my general questions regarding the popular topic of renewal...

Are there any major changes being implemented in the near future regarding more effective solutions to Valkyrie's bot problems that we can look forward to? I realize that renewal is keeping the team quite busy, but if you're looking for new players, something a bit more welcoming than the current environment would probably give a better impression. :(

#14 Freedom

Freedom

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1630 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 12:50 PM

My question would be, if we have to be at zero zeny to go to 3rd class, is there a way to but in some kinda bank or coin that we can sell to npc for that amount of zeny back that we paid for it?

Edited by Freedom, 12 September 2010 - 12:51 PM.

#15 Pepperoncini

Pepperoncini

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 09:33 PM

Another question I would like to ask: "At what point will you feel that renewal is 'ready' for the main servers?."
As it is right now, basically every job change quest that requires item collection needs serious reworking. There's also a slew of extra and useless NPCs scattered everywhere.
I know we will never get even half of the engrish removed from RO, but I would really like to see the intro stuff, and job change NPCs cleaned up/fixed because that is the most important stuff to new players.

#16 neokenshin

neokenshin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts
  • LocationDunno...they kicked me out of Hades for being too evil

Posted 13 September 2010 - 04:01 AM

With Renewal, will there be some actual localization of skills, class names, etc. for iRO. ex. the Guilllotine Fist skill is in iRO, it's called Asura Strike in pRO, euRO, i believe, and called Extremity Fist in kRO, jRO, etc. Will the community be able to come together and give heavy input to this localization to truly make our own customized version of Renewal or will they just become simple suggestions that get overlooked?

#17 MushyMaoMao

MushyMaoMao

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 06:41 AM

Since this is probably geared towards renewal some generalized server discussions, I have a few concerns. And I apologize if I'm to blunt.
1. I'd like to ask if server transfers from Ymir > Yggdrasil going to be possible with relation to gears + zenny.
2. Is Kafra shop going to be implemented on Yggdrasil (stupid question but still) and if so what are we expecting to see in relation to what is offered. I see discrepancies in Valk / Ymir so, I figure whats the harm in asking if there are going to be differences?
3. Seems to be a lot server discussion in thread, and I think people would like to know if this server is going to be; Island stand alone based, or if its going to be a globalization type of community like what we had with Ymir (Chaos/Loki/Iris). I'm curious to see if Gravity has faith to actually implement a new stand alone server, or if it will turn into a post-merger once numbers hit (I know this ties into question one, but I'd like to believe they deviate in a few ways). I believe I heard Heim say he believes we can have new servers, and we have the potential to go there. What plans do they have to prevent possible post mergers, some of us are worried about the outcome of this server (Crushed god items/name disputes/people quitting because of change/etc).

And yea, forgive me if these questions have been already been discussed or brought to light. If they have please feel free to educate me, for I don't know myself.

Edited by MushyMaoMao, 13 September 2010 - 06:47 AM.

#18 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 07:58 AM

What ever happened to that new headgear contest and the "create a card effect" you were talking about a few months ago?

And while I understand we are set to have a stat/skill reset with Renewal, will we be able to reset multiple times for free or for a small amount? For those who were unable (Valkyrie) or simply didn't have the time to test on Yggdrasil, this would be the fair thing to do. The idea of being locked into one build without having a good feel for the new mechanics is very frustrating.

#19 Pingchan

Pingchan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 233 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 13 September 2010 - 10:13 AM

Will that one 3rd class skill (Forgot which..a shadow chaser skill?) be fixed so it doesn't permanently delete homunculus? :(

#20 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts
  • LocationValhalla Dwarf NPC

Posted 13 September 2010 - 11:33 AM

1) Will the new permanent premium server be a mining ground for guilds and players eager to transfer god item sets in a few months after cross-server migration is made possible? Will there ever be transferring between Ymir and Yggdrasil? Will there be WOE on ygg? Can ygg be pvp, rpg, or another style of gameplay?

2) What can the GM Team here do compared to the kRO Team? We spend a lot of time suggesting things and it'd be nice to know what our team can do and we needs to be delegated. Can you make custom quests, custom skills, custom anything? Does Gravity US own licensing and have the ability to do whatever they want to their servers or is everything policed by overseas developers?

3) What can be taken from "other" servers? Some of them have pretty darn good ideas: custom enemies, banking system, guild halls. I don't care about bonuses to exp and drops, I'd like to see some nifty custom home-grown things.

4) Can you keep the number of players online listed? I think that's pretty cool and always wanted it there since it disappeared.

5) What involvement can the community have in advertising? Can we make advertisements, graphics, animations, anything that Gravity can use to help support the game we love. You could make it property of Gravity as soon as it's posted in Creative Submissions thread.

6) Can we get merchandise for RO? We'll pay the shipping! We'll suggest cheap methods to make those hats and t-shirts!

7) Can you make my housing system. If not can you detail why, because it will help with future proposals and give me and some people an insight into what the team here can do

#21 Danuvue

Danuvue

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 13 September 2010 - 01:25 PM

With leveling to 99 supposedly getting easier and quicker, does the amount of incoming zeny change to match this?

If a new player were to 99 reasonably fast with the new changes/Eden Group etc, would they have enough zeny to be able to trans at 99?

For most of us, 1,285,000 zeny is chump change, but for a new player it isnt. If no one had told me about the jewelry box quest, I would have been struggling for a long time, but even that quest requires a not-so-small investment for new players.

So to re-iterate my question, will players be able to make enough money on their first trip to 99 to be able to trans, or will the lack of funds cause most new players to skip over transcending and go on to 3rd classes, missing out on useful stats and skills?

#22 Pepperoncini

Pepperoncini

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 01:30 PM

With leveling to 99 supposedly getting easier and quicker, does the amount of incoming zeny change to match this?

If a new player were to 99 reasonably fast with the new changes/Eden Group etc, would they have enough zeny to be able to trans at 99?

For most of us, 1,285,000 zeny is chump change, but for a new player it isnt. If no one had told me about the jewelry box quest, I would have been struggling for a long time, but even that quest requires a not-so-small investment for new players.

So to re-iterate my question, will players be able to make enough money on their first trip to 99 to be able to trans, or will the lack of funds cause most new players to skip over transcending and go on to 3rd classes, missing out on useful stats and skills?

Just from my renewal testing experience, I'm going to say yes. You will be able to get to 99 reasonably fast, but not ridiculously fast. 80+ you can still expect to put hours on a map before you move on. Plus with the drop penalty, every last blue herb, stem, and cobweb you find along the way is going to be worth a pretty penny zenny.

#23 Saisotsu

Saisotsu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 01:56 PM

Can we get an in-game method of reporting or a quicker method to deal with ill-mannered issues implemented along side renewal to make renewal more.. welcoming to those that will check it out? Many people seem rather quick to go ahead and get a bot killed, drag mobs over kill stealers, warp bots elsewhere as they feel the current method of dealing with ill-mannered issues is too slow and not as noticeable as their own ill-mannered methods of dealing with such ill behavior (maybe start making announcements along side such things when characters are banned? The Hall of Shame list has really lost its glory in all the mess. Probably unnecessary though..)

Also, WILL there be any sort of advertisement done for GravityUS to celebrate the opening of renewal? Even if it involves endorsement deals in-game for companies (like the Fanta soda can hats released in.. euRO was it?) or advertising via Funimation's website (the anime is licensed by them) at least? I know jRO had banner ads everywhere following their update, and I would love to see a little something here to kick things off.

Speaking of which, will the website be remodeled for renewal? The WarpPortal bar seems rather out of place and makes some buttons on the main page redundant also.

I also request that convex mirrors become a lucky box item and become sell-able like bloody branches, would this be feasible?

Oh.. And will there be any sort of resetting done with the implementation of renewal (zeny reset to a cap, God items wiped or given a maximum amount per character allowed during the update, number of a single card allowed on a character given a cap during the instance, etc?)

I apologize if any of the wording is sloppy.

#24 Pepperoncini

Pepperoncini

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 02:09 PM

Not to be suddenly grim, but I was just thinking about valk's bot situation and how it will react to renewal. Now, I'm pretty concerned. Its to the point where I will probably end up taking a transfer from valk to ygg ASAP if it becomes available. With the way mob stats/difficulty has been reworked, every Jackoff 99agi rogue bot is going to be able to bot just about any map. Monster difficulty ramps up slowly, so we will probably see armies of rogue bots being able to comfortably hang out in nameless island, anubis, new world, and all of the new locations designated for lvls 90-120.

Pre-renewal you could almost "escape" bots by simply leveling in places that were hardcore enough to 1-3 shot you if you weren't carful. Now, hardly a place exists. If some new bot-prevention method isn't implemented, valk is literally doomed. I would like to hear a CM's take on this.

#25 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 13 September 2010 - 03:12 PM

Not to be suddenly grim, but I was just thinking about valk's bot situation and how it will react to renewal. Now, I'm pretty concerned. Its to the point where I will probably end up taking a transfer from valk to ygg ASAP if it becomes available. With the way mob stats/difficulty has been reworked, every Jackoff 99agi rogue bot is going to be able to bot just about any map. Monster difficulty ramps up slowly, so we will probably see armies of rogue bots being able to comfortably hang out in nameless island, anubis, new world, and all of the new locations designated for lvls 90-120.

Pre-renewal you could almost "escape" bots by simply leveling in places that were hardcore enough to 1-3 shot you if you weren't carful. Now, hardly a place exists. If some new bot-prevention method isn't implemented, valk is literally doomed. I would like to hear a CM's take on this.

LOL SO TRUE!

I had not even considered that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users