10 replies to this topic

#1 Mwrip

Mwrip

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...

Posted 11 September 2010 - 10:18 PM

I'm getting about a 5% drop rate on the shells for Energy Coat from chonchons. Ok, that one's manageable...

...but I don't even want to think about the horror of fine grits.

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 11 September 2010 - 11:20 PM

Oh :(, we got the item drop rate nerf?

Doesn't that mean that people won't be able to hunt bomb/etc supplies?

#3 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 11 September 2010 - 11:26 PM

DO NOT WANT! D:

#4 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 02:21 AM

Bad idea, Gravity!

We don't have enough new players to supply these items and we shouldn't have to make a low level alt to farm.

#5 LethalJokeChar

LethalJokeChar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 September 2010 - 02:46 AM

The problem is you will have to keep making alts to stay within the level range or... repeatedly die every now and then. That'll be even worse. But is it true that now OTHER monsters drop things like poison spores and immortal hearts?

#6 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 03:29 AM

Most MMO's that have drop penalties like that have one of the following:

1)a steady stream of new players to provide low level drops
2)a crafting system to turn high level loot into low lvl loot (like breaking down elemental stones)
3) high level players have absolutely no need for low level stuff
4) low level stuff is sold by NPC's

RO has none of these things. Only 4) is really possible in RO as demonstrated by the recent gambling NPC. the 2) option might be a possibility if RO wasnt so heavily dependant on items of every level, even at the highest player levels.

Drop penalties are a recent development in MMO's (at least from the few i've played) and are generally designed to be a rather blunt "hey dude you really dont need this junk" message. Like Aion or something where the item levels scale with the player level for the most part, so you'd have no need to lvl 20 items (of any sort) on a level 80 char.

Edited by Hrothmund, 12 September 2010 - 03:31 AM.

#7 Brindizer

Brindizer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • LocationDuluth
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 12 September 2010 - 05:01 AM

With the current mechanics in place, hitting level 150 means you are absolutely done with the game. Nothing will drop anything anymore and you can't acquire guild tax on anything because it's all going to give reduced experience. It's kind of like it's forcing you to make another character or quit.

#8 Cotano

Cotano

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 06:04 AM

With the current mechanics in place, hitting level 150 means you are absolutely done with the game. Nothing will drop anything anymore and you can't acquire guild tax on anything because it's all going to give reduced experience. It's kind of like it's forcing you to make another character or quit.

Seems like you'd be forced to stick with level 140-150 mobs and mvps for your pvm fix. Which will probably reduce the game a great deal. It's not like WoW with a ton of end game instances.

#9 Prodigy

Prodigy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1340 posts
  • LocationTX
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 12 September 2010 - 06:21 AM

I'm getting about a 5% drop rate on the shells for Energy Coat from chonchons. Ok, that one's manageable...

...but I don't even want to think about the horror of fine grits.

Have you compared it with hunting on a lvl 1~10 novice? When I was on the Training Grounds, I was already having a horrible drop rate on chonchons.

#10 Mwrip

Mwrip

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...

Posted 12 September 2010 - 12:41 PM

Seems like you'd be forced to stick with level 140-150 mobs and mvps for your pvm fix. Which will probably reduce the game a great deal. It's not like WoW with a ton of end game instances.

From what Doddler said earlier, 14x mobs are 8k exp and 400k HP, while 13x mobs are 6k exp and 40k exp, so no, you can't even really do that.

Have you compared it with hunting on a lvl 1~10 novice? When I was on the Training Grounds, I was already having a horrible drop rate on chonchons.

Hmm... I hope that's all it is...

#11 Vienna

Vienna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 311 posts
  • LocationiROWiki.org Admin
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 12 September 2010 - 04:37 PM

Drop rates arent the only problem. Arrow Crafting requires Tough stems which drop from stemworms, which are 85+ iirc. I've hear other RO version use the drop from wormtails, which would make much more sense level wise. Waiting til level 8x to be able to obtain a first class skill on ygg will be painful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users