Ragnarok Patch Client Layout + Skin Contest - Page 3 - Creative Contraptions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Ragnarok Patch Client Layout + Skin Contest

• Please log in to reply
157 replies to this topic

#51 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:04 PM

Btw, you should consider to change the start post, since this isn't about the original patcher alone anymore and the rules therefor don't apply, so people who only read the first post may be confused.
Even I don't know if I should just post an finnished image or how I should submit my patcher-version I'm working on right now, since there's no clear answer to it :/

Post what you have (images), What we are going to do is to take the concepts and make a mock up of them in html, and send it to kRO, explaining what we want.

Your design for the layout is what I'd like to see firstly. I am thinking it would probably be best to get the layout designs a look over first, if they are radically different from each other. If the designs are pretty much the same, we can lock down the layout design and continue the contest portion for creating the banner art.

kRO's at a point where this could probably be requested/done more quickly than May.

#52 Pleasant007

Pleasant007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 145 posts
  • LocationWarp Portal Forum
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:44 AM

Here my layout, it's kinda lame but at least it have what I want years ago since I play in iRO.
Posted Image
1. The clock system. Using LA clock can really help player that play outside America to track their times.
2. Sliding Banner. You know like a photo software that have slide photos function. Probably you can insert more banner than three.
3. I think it look futuristic or maybe not.

One more thing, criticize it please don't just silence, it more hurt that way.(silence thing)

#53 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:10 AM

Clock isn't a bad idea at all...hmmm.

#54 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:48 AM

Was the "replay" thing a joke, hinting at video recording integration, or something unrelated?

#55 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:07 AM

Was the "replay" thing a joke, hinting at video recording integration, or something unrelated?

We are testing the replay system right now for implementation pretty soon. It's the recording system, which is able to make RO recordings that can be played back through the client and has tiny file sizes. Pretty cool stuff and it could be a useful tool for bot reporting as well. No joke!

#56 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:15 AM

So are you going to be putting a bot report feature into the client as well?

#57 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:21 AM

Neat.

#58 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:40 AM

So are you going to be putting a bot report feature into the client as well?

Not at this time, but if the recording feature properly, it would give us more information about the reported character that a screenshot would not, and be considerably smaller for them to send to us.

#59 Pleasant007

Pleasant007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 145 posts
  • LocationWarp Portal Forum
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:11 AM

Clock isn't a bad idea at all...hmmm.

hmmm. = It's impossible to implant it? Yeah, I know.

We are testing the replay system right now for implementation pretty soon. It's the recording system, which is able to make RO recordings that can be played back through the client and has tiny file sizes. Pretty cool stuff and it could be a useful tool for bot reporting as well. No joke!

You going to get it from RCX? Cool.

Edited by Pleasant007, 06 April 2012 - 03:44 AM.

#60 Rutana

Rutana

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1553 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:47 AM

The replay function is a function from kRO. It basically records what you're doing ingame, but not as a video, but a camera-angle moveable, cursor-pointing (and therefor reading player names) system that just replays what happened as you recorded.

#61 RennaSaintsworth

RennaSaintsworth

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1908 posts
  • LocationScarlet Devil Mansion
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:09 AM

RCX are illegal now right?

#62 Rutana

Rutana

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1553 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:35 AM

yes. Thankfully, HP Bars on monsters, much like the RCX ones, are just introduced on kRO, too, so the most uses of RCX get more and more covered by the game itself x3

#63 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:52 AM

The replay function is a function from kRO. It basically records what you're doing ingame, but not as a video, but a camera-angle moveable, cursor-pointing (and therefor reading player names) system that just replays what happened as you recorded.

In our tests, it's a bit inconsistent about "remembering" player names, so I believe you do have to mouse over the character for it to get picked up.

Rutana, what do you think about locking down the "layout" part of the event and have people concentrate on design of the things like buttons, banners,backgrounds?

#64 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:23 AM

Since you already have a means to make the four small banners (meaning if there's no participation, nothing lost) you could try something like calling for banner submissions once a week or something (kind of like with loading screans). They're small enough that they could be used like little e-artist cards and don't require nearly the same amount of time or skill to get to look nice as an entire loading screen.

My suggestions on where to go with this:
Either have the layout be locked or have a seperate contest for that. (I recommend just locking it down)
Have this contest for the standard design of the client.
Have an ongoing contest monthly/bimonthly/whatever for the banners

Edited by Sera, 06 April 2012 - 07:24 AM.

#65 Rutana

Rutana

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1553 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:47 AM

Rutana, what do you think about locking down the "layout" part of the event and have people concentrate on design of the things like buttons, banners,backgrounds?

Basically, all is fine as long as you set up clear rules in the first post or cancel the "contest" part of it. Just... organize it.
Would most probably mean that the patcher design I worked on would be in vast (since I worked on a unique shape), but I mostly complain about the randomness here... x_X

#66 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:00 PM

I'd submit banners if you could work out a list of what you need. Even if it was just generic event banners.

#67 Rosenthrall

Rosenthrall

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 288 posts
  • LocationAlberta, Canada
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:23 PM

I'd submit as well. ^^

#68 Insangel

Insangel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:43 PM

I have my skin basically done, so don't cancel it yet please :o All that's really left for me to do is organize the files and zip it. Right now I'm just nit-picking it.

#69 Rutana

Rutana

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1553 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:34 PM

They might become outdated later, but oh well... did them anyway...
Artworks used: Official SD Artwork of female Arch Bishop and Female Guillotinne Cross, Official Location Artwork from Crack of Dimensions (Vers. 1) and Comodo (Vers. 2), some random, old WoE Artwork that was also used officially from Gravity - back in 2004 or so XD
This is a design idea more then a finnished work however. It can be done better and I would rely on Korea in this case, especially the buttons since... let's face it, it's just a gradiant coloring I used.

Vers. 1
Posted Image

Vers 2
Posted Image

Description on the unnamed parts:
Posted Image

#70 Insangel

Insangel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:16 PM

Well this is what I put together using my favorite piece of RO artwork. The fonts and all that is open to change. If you need anything else in a little more detail I can get it for you. Just let me know.

Posted Image

I wasn't sure where to host my zip so I threw it up on a random hosting site. I can submit it elsewhere if needed. Or email, whatever you need.

http://www.filefacto...Client_Skin_zip

It's basically all from scratch excluding the 3 official artworks used and the announcements. Hope you like it!

#71 barachan

barachan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • LocationATL, USA

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:11 PM

replay button added! if this is the last change necessary, then i'll go ahead and make a new zip of the updated files.

Posted Image

oda - oh i love the lost type fonts, thanks! +_+ i'll send you some more links in a bit!

#72 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:01 AM

I'd submit banners if you could work out a list of what you need. Even if it was just generic event banners.

The toughest ones for me are really the spotlight ones.

Coming up, we have Rachel, Kunlun, Nifflehieim, Louyang, Lighthalzen, Ayothaya, Veins, Einbroch, Prontera and so on.

If you guys could create some of these it'd help me out quite a bit.

#73 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:43 AM

Niff sounded fun.

I'll do some more later.

Posted Image

Edited by Kitten, 07 April 2012 - 08:52 AM.

#74 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:57 AM

How are you getting such clean pixels? Whenever I do them they come out pretty blurry...then again I'm working at 100x100, should I work big and scale down?

#75 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:02 AM

Are you resizing them at all (even the pixel components)? That will result in a loss of quality. I try to keep everything at 100% and, when I can't, I either sharpen the image or I'll attempt to disguise any quality loss by using a blending mode or changing the opacity.

Everything in that image is at 100%, though. I worked at 100x100 pixels for the entire process.

Edited by Kitten, 07 April 2012 - 08:06 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users