Details about Patch v.394 (3/20) - Patch Notes Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Details about Patch v.394 (3/20)

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#1 Calanor

Calanor

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 2474 posts
  • LocationBetween 2 Rainbows
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:01 PM

The following will be updated on 3/20 in Patch v.394.

Luna Access & Level Adjustments
We understand this won't change much for many of the players from 40 to 69, but this is part of a number of changes that together make a whole lot more sense.
  • Access to Luna is changing from Level 40 to Level 70.
  • Mt. Eruca Monsters will have their level's changed
  • Previously monsters levels on Mr. Eruca were 50 to 80
  • Monster levels will change to be 74 to 95
  • Elite Behemoth King level did not change.
Dungeon Changes
The dungeon game play has always been about the grouping of players big or small in tighter areas with enhanced EXP rates.
We are focusing on this more, but also changing the level ranges to encourage players to continue experiencing other areas of the ROSE Universe and not spend more than 30 levels in a Dungeon.

Goblin Caves
  • Monster Levels Currently 60 to 110
  • Monster Levels Changed to 60 to 80
  • Grand Goblin Wizard (Level 109 to 87)
  • Grand Goblin King (Level 110 to 99)
Desert of the Dead
  • Monster Levels Currently 95 to 124
  • Monster Levels Changed to 87 to 107
  • Lord Storm (Level 130 to 120)
Forgotten Temple
  • Monster Levels Currently 120 to 159
  • Monster Levels Changed to 117 to 140
  • Moon Sister Inguz (Level 157 to 147)
  • Moon Brother Dagaz (Level 159 to 148)
  • Sword Master Emil (Level 165 to 150)
  • Moon Pastor Laguz (Level 167 to 152)
Oblivion Temple
  • Monster Levels Currently 138 to 180
  • Monster Levels Changed to 147 to 167
  • Arcane King Khaldun (Level 190 to 175)
Sikuku Prison
  • Monster Levels Currently 201 to 208
  • Monster Levels Changed to 187 to 201
  • Executor Kera (Level 220 to 212)
New Player Progression
We are continuing to expand what was started in 2011 with the new player experience in ROSE.
What started in Adventure Plains and got as far as Valley of Luxem has left us working on Zant and Breezy Hills.
The purpose of these updates to the early maps is to give new players constant quests specially in the early stages of the game. We always want to make sure that new players are educated about the systems of ROSE and are able to have an understanding of ROSE that our loyal player base does now.

The Zant Remodel
This isn't a huge remodel, but a relocation of vital NPC's into the heart of the City of Zant.
We have removed the wall around Zant opening it up for players to move through the city easily and access key NPC's in their travels.
The other more notable change will be that the bridge going into the El Verloon Desert has collapsed causing this path to be no longer an option for players to take.
The Quest line for Zant will guide players to experience each vital NPC and become aquanted with their functions and location.
Players will also have enough quests that when they leave Zant and head to Breezy Hills they will be near Level 25
Completing this quest line will also earn new players a nice enhanced weapon that will help them continue their journey and not hit their pocket book so early on.
Zant is targetted to help players from level 18 through 25, and direct players to Breezy Hills to continue their Journey.

Breezy Hills
The core dynamic that is new for Breezy is that we have introduced some new NPC's that will give quest guidances to players helping them continue down the right patch in their leveling.
We expect players to level up between 25 and 33 in Breezy Hills and they will exit into El Verloon Desert.

Bellow are images of the upcoming changes to the Canyon City of Zant.
Attached File  JDT_Screenshot_1.jpg   350.06KB   27 downloads
Attached File  JDT_Screenshot_5.jpg   217.23KB   32 downloads
Attached File  screen015.jpg   666.06KB   18 downloads

#2 noobje

noobje

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 449 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:12 PM

Hm. Seems longer way to go to El verloon this way. For the people who want to lvl in Oblivion Temple it seems kinda annoying. Cant there be a quest that will enable to regain the bridge?

#3 SirSlayer

SirSlayer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1638 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:18 PM

I think maybe the point of them doing that is for people to explore through other maps as well? If you think about it nobody goes in breezy hills passed when they need to lol. Becomes quite the pointless map. So I think this may be there qwerky attempt to get people to pass through it more often,....for whatever that may do :dunno:

#4 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:25 PM

Is it just me or does the dirt look different too?

#5 XenoBlades

XenoBlades

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:37 PM

Is the servers down right now?

#6 Azileign

Azileign

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:42 PM

yay!
i missed that time training in breezy hills!
it's pretty there and newbies really should see that place...

@noobje
you can also go to OT from junon...
then anima lake and el verloon...

#7 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:43 PM

Hm...Moon pasta lagger become Lv.152 from Lv.167, looks like a good one for those who have Lv.149 Cave of Ulverick farmer.
Executor kera becomes Lv.212 from Lv.220, definitely a bad one for those who have fun farming this thing with their raiders including me.
The new map of city of zant, we are getting more blurry dirt?

#8 XenoBlades

XenoBlades

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:48 PM

Lol can anyone answer me? , is the servers down right now or what because i can't login right now..

#9 Calanor

Calanor

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 2474 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:51 PM

Xeno,

http://forums.warppo...tenance-change/

Answer is here.

#10 XenoBlades

XenoBlades

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:06 PM

#11 Aviv4

Aviv4

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 484 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:16 AM

Today is 392 and this one is 394, where did 393 gone?

#12 Calanor

Calanor

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 2474 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:25 AM

Today is 392 and this one is 394, where did 393 gone?

Last week was 392, this week is 393 and next week is 394.
This weeks patch isn't live yet.

#13 Aviv4

Aviv4

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 484 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:34 AM

Last week was 392, this week is 393 and next week is 394.
This weeks patch isn't live yet.

Well you wrote at the Lucky Spin patch 392 so i thought that this is today's number.
But seems like you fixed it to 393 now.

#14 elamite

elamite

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Not Currently Playing.

Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:40 AM

Remodeling looks pretty cool, good job on the whole new player experience

#15 Noone1981

Noone1981

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:02 AM

Dear Calandor and gamedevelopers/owners...

I must say it is nice what you did for Zant and Breezy Hills. It is a nice improvement and will benefit new players a lot.

But i'm an old player with high level chars( 4 chars all +lv180). Haven't been playing for 2 months now because i'm tired of waiting for new end game content.

Could you please find a balance in adding new endgame content and improving the existing content like you do now.

Because a pvm player like me has been waiting a long time now for some new content in Eldeon/Orlo or somewhere else.

Greetings

#16 Calanor

Calanor

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 2474 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:04 AM

Dear Calandor and gamedevelopers/owners...

I must say it is nice what you did for Zant and Breezy Hills. It is a nice improvement and will benefit new players a lot.

But i'm an old player with high level chars( 4 chars all +lv180). Haven't been playing for 2 months now because i'm tired of waiting for new end game content.

Could you please find a balance in adding new endgame content and improving the existing content like you do now.

Because a pvm player like me has been waiting a long time now for some new content in Eldeon/Orlo or somewhere else.

Greetings

http://forums.warppo...eedback-thread/

We are working on that, and hopefully you understand that while we work on that we are going to be working on other things that may affect new/old/or the in-between player levels as well.

#17 SirSlayer

SirSlayer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1638 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 March 2012 - 01:39 AM

facepalm myself. im an idiot, nvm this reply haha

Edited by SirSlayer, 14 March 2012 - 01:50 AM.

#18 KingsBane

KingsBane

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:28 AM

I cant see any point to any of this. I know the idea is to make people fight on different maps and see more of rose I just dont think it will work. Goblin caves will just stay empty and people will stay at kenji beach a little longer. Kenji may be the last map where u might meet new friends now before the endless grind. As for the tweaking of zant and breezy I wonder if the creative skills of the original developers is just way to high for gravity to compete with. I still waiting to see any new creations by gravity that has any of the original wow factor. Sadly this is all a distraction from producing new content. Nero fiddled while rome burned guess people never learn.

#19 Eleria

Eleria

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 210 posts
  • LocationNicoNico Douga

Posted 14 March 2012 - 03:10 AM

A question about the Luna changes: Do I have to redo the Luna quest for my lvl 50 character when I reach lvl 70? And what happens if he's still parked on Luna during next week maintenance?

Well I kinda like that change for raising the lvl of Mt Erucar monsters. When you didn't had a full pimped out char with high lvl cleric access, it was almost impossible to fiish the Luna quest in lvl 40. And when I finally was high enough to finish it, the first monsters on Mt Erucar were already green or blue.

#20 mugo

mugo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 04:11 AM

Lvl:
2-10 Pumpkin patch
11 - 30 Moldies
31 - 60 kenji
61 - 100 B3
101 - 155 OT
155 - 200 Prison
201 - 220 Ruins

#21 nikst3r

nikst3r

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 673 posts
  • LocationIn my bed

Posted 14 March 2012 - 04:35 AM

This upcoming update looks good. It's great to see that there is focus on new players and keeping them in our community. New players should have something they really want to finish because its entertaining and fun.

In early stages it has always been diffecult to find your way in Rose, but with the new quests it seems to have improved. I really love to hear new players talk about: where is the soldier trainer, I need to find the Jelly king, have you been there yet, do you know where it is? Adventure plains is much more populated by the quests because new players stay there longer. They will gradually find their way to zant and learn the game at the same time. Hopefully this brings some of the economy back to zant.

This kind of updates makes me happy to be an Rosian, can't wait to welcome our new friends!! Good work! :thumb2: Maybe the rose ship isn't sinking after all...

#22 Paulera

Paulera

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • LocationBrasil

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:28 AM

Srry, but the new ground textures for Zant are horrible.

Edited by Paulera, 14 March 2012 - 09:30 AM.

#23 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:29 AM

Hm. Seems longer way to go to El verloon this way. For the people who want to lvl in Oblivion Temple it seems kinda annoying. Cant there be a quest that will enable to regain the bridge?

I think those who want to level in the OT don't go there from Zant...they'll most likely be in Junon before heading there...

Srry, but the new ground textures are horrible.

I think they took those pictures in low quality just to show us how it's changing...the textures are the same.

Edited by Gojio, 14 March 2012 - 09:30 AM.

#24 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 14 March 2012 - 09:34 AM

Srry, but the new ground textures for Zant are horrible.

If you look at the last picture of them, you can see the ground texture is exactly the same. Only the first ones are likely taken in a lower quality, like Gojio said.

#25 FeedisArti

FeedisArti

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 678 posts
  • LocationLeeuwarden

Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:07 PM

Interesting stuff that's happening. However, I think that level 18-25 for Zant... well, looking at the monsters it's alright.. but it can go quite fast while Zant and surroundings are awesome to be in for a longer time.

Edited by FeedisArti, 14 March 2012 - 12:08 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users