Details about Patch v.394 (3/20) - Page 2 - Patch Notes Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Details about Patch v.394 (3/20)

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#26 Guest_Qilin_*

Guest_Qilin_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:26 PM

A question about the Luna changes: Do I have to redo the Luna quest for my lvl 50 character when I reach lvl 70? And what happens if he's still parked on Luna during next week maintenance?

Well I kinda like that change for raising the lvl of Mt Erucar monsters. When you didn't had a full pimped out char with high lvl cleric access, it was almost impossible to fiish the Luna quest in lvl 40. And when I finally was high enough to finish it, the first monsters on Mt Erucar were already green or blue.

Not a worry!

The Interplanetary travel NPC in Junon will recognize that you have done the quest, but he will stop you from going to Luna if you are still under 70.

If anyone is in the middle of this quest, you will be able to finish the chain and then you will face the same situation - the NPC sees you have done the quest, but won't let you travel until 70.

If you have not yet started the quest, you will not be able to do so until level 70 - which makes sense because all the monsters you have to kill are in that level range anyway >_<

Any other questions - please let me know ^_^

#27 Oerba

Oerba

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 998 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 March 2012 - 08:10 AM

With the decrease of the level range of monsters in those experience hot spots will hopefully make players not camp at the spot for long periods of time.
With the rates of Luna, it does remind me how it was back then trying to get to level 100 back at the Lunaris Bears, brings back memories.
Hopefully more players will level up at Luna with the level increase.

I am sort of pleased to see that you can enter the Sikuku Prison at a much more earlier level than previously because there have been a fair few number of players going there when their levels were a bit too low to find an appropriate party.

I do like the idea of having the wall removed from Zant which gives it much more of an open, sociable feel.

I'm very curious about this new enchanted weapon you recieve as a quest reward.
Guess it's time to make another character just to try it out next week.

#28 Lybis

Lybis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • LocationFloating Around Somewhere!
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:46 AM

Any other questions - please let me know ^_^

Do you guys have an estimated time of when the revamp on Junon will be completed? I want to come back to rose and start a new character but I want to be able to experience it with the new changes and would be nice to come back once all the maps are done on Junon. Are you working towards a date? :)

#29 tythemuss

tythemuss

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1112 posts
  • Server:Leonis / Draco

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:48 AM

Zant looks horrible, to open... i dislike it but then again i don't like visual change :L

#30 Calanor

Calanor

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 2474 posts
  • LocationBetween 2 Rainbows

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:29 PM

Zant looks horrible, to open... i dislike it but then again i don't like visual change :L

Change can be scary, these changes though are to help new players get immersed into the game and not have to deal with little annoyances like where do I go next to level.

Do you guys have an estimated time of when the revamp on Junon will be completed? I want to come back to rose and start a new character but I want to be able to experience it with the new changes and would be nice to come back once all the maps are done on Junon. Are you working towards a date? :)

Our plans go as far as getting the player into Junon, introducing them to the NPC's of value and then offering Quests to continue their journey and get them to Luna.
We don't have plans to do any changes to the design of Junon, the city, other than getting new players there quicker and easier.

Junon City will be our staging ground for more quests that take the players outside of Junon to complete and between the project that Genesis is working on with the Daily Quests, we want to setup later in the year a quest board or a few NPC's that will always have a lengthy kill or adventure quest for players to pick from to keep things spice and not so grindy!

#31 SunflowerGirl

SunflowerGirl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:59 PM

Lvl:
2-10 Pumpkin patch
11 - 30 Moldies
31 - 60 kenji
61 - 100 B3
101 - 155 OT
155 - 200 Prison
201 - 220 Ruins

If that is the guide you use for your own personal leveling, I bet you complain a lot about being bored. :huh:

I really like all the changes. Another step in the right direction.

#32 Fishnet

Fishnet

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:Arua

Posted 15 March 2012 - 05:53 PM

I think the changes are great. My son has just start playing the game. He is just starting out and I'm not buffing him or giving him equips or zulie. He has been doing almost all the quests and enjoys the game.

As far as older seasoned players I can where they would think this is boring or waste. My opinion is its great that they are adding in new content at the start and making changes to get players to use more of the maps.

If you play just to speed level to get to 220 then so be it. Not everyone wants to do that, some of us actually enjoy doing the quests and using all the maps. I think its long overdue to change the level of the monsters of junon.

#33 gEddeh

gEddeh

Boomshakalaka~!

• Members
  • 4426 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam
  • Server:gEddeh

Posted 18 March 2012 - 01:04 PM

Calanor, aren't you supposed to say stuff like 'patch notes can be subject to change bladiebladiebla' or are these the defenite patch nutz?

#34 Noone1981

Noone1981

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:05 AM

http://forums.warppo...eedback-thread/

We are working on that, and hopefully you understand that while we work on that we are going to be working on other things that may affect new/old/or the in-between player levels as well.

Dear Calanor,

I just went through that thread. A lot of nice work for PVP players. The daily quests might be nice but very repetitive. You already have some of those at Orlo. So +200 players can quest there, but it get's boring.
A pvm player like me and i think some others too, like long quest lines. The hero quest is a nice example, except it turns dead at Luna, and the quest hasn't been extended for like more than a year.

So more long quest-lines like that would be very nice, and thanks to those quest-line, you will also need to visit all sorts of maps and discover the rose-world.

A new high lv dungeon on Orlo would be nice + storyline would be nice. You need to do like 30 things in the whole long story to complete, discover all of Orlo and the dungeon, and where you need to kill the boss in the end and get a random epic or so as reward for the quest. Something Pvm players can look forward too.

Greetings.

#35 Eleria

Eleria

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 210 posts
  • LocationNicoNico Douga

Posted 20 March 2012 - 01:38 AM

I thought the Luna changes will come with todays maintenance, but travelling to Luna is already restricted to lvl 70+?

#36 Trebor

Trebor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA USA

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:22 AM

I am looking forward to the changes to Zant and to now moving people through Breezy Hills.

I always thought Breezy Hills (which use to be a very busy map) was a fun map and nice looking one to level on.

#37 Naughty

Naughty

Too Legit To Quit

• ROSE Moderators
  • 2657 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:43 AM

I levelled a new character up abit a few days ago.
Did the Adventure Plains Quests. Luxem Tower...didn't do any Quests in Zant. I just head right on over to Breezy Hills.
On entering Breezy Hills the Pomics were no longer any good for me to kill. So i had to move through half the map to the Snails.
My thoughts were. what a waste of a map, because i was forced to bypass half the monsters. Even a big boss looking one, because he was no longer a good colour to kill!
Looking through the patch notes, i dont see anything that is going to rectify this disappointing brick, that i stumbled upon.
I think this part of the journey should be looked at. Even if its just for the sake of saving my toes.

#38 johniscu

johniscu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts
  • Server:leonis

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:19 AM

From the eyes of a player thats been around since 2005 this is great steps forward maybe not for the 220's like myself but the more players that play and stay playing this game. We need players so this game can be interesting keep it up dev's how about some marketing to bring in some people?

#39 Calanor

Calanor

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 2474 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:30 PM

Calanor, aren't you supposed to say stuff like 'patch notes can be subject to change bladiebladiebla' or are these the defenite patch nutz?

These changes are coming, nothing of what I posted changed during the week.

Dear Calanor,

I just went through that thread. A lot of nice work for PVP players. The daily quests might be nice but very repetitive. You already have some of those at Orlo. So +200 players can quest there, but it get's boring.
A pvm player like me and i think some others too, like long quest lines. The hero quest is a nice example, except it turns dead at Luna, and the quest hasn't been extended for like more than a year.

So more long quest-lines like that would be very nice, and thanks to those quest-line, you will also need to visit all sorts of maps and discover the rose-world.

A new high lv dungeon on Orlo would be nice + storyline would be nice. You need to do like 30 things in the whole long story to complete, discover all of Orlo and the dungeon, and where you need to kill the boss in the end and get a random epic or so as reward for the quest. Something Pvm players can look forward too.

Greetings.

We have some Orlo quest lines that never got completed that we have worked on the last few months. We will get back to them and will eventually get a Dungeon in Orlo, we are focusing on the Game Arena as it will be the staging and launching point for any future dungeons or really raid style dungeons that we work on.

One of the long term plans for this year is to get many more quests into each of the planets. The Daily Quest that Genesis showed is part of an effort to ensure that there is always something to do for players looking to level or just want a quest to do.

#40 aeglanelehm

aeglanelehm

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:13 PM

Can we please have pre-Evo music back aswell? Or at least get the chance to choose between new and old? :)
I really mostly miss the log-in theme and junon theme, s**** to re-play the junon theme from youtube all the time while running thru player shops.

Also am I able to level up my scout now, alone?
As we know scouts dont have any AoE skills therefore not wanted in dungeon partys ... I really miss playing one . Are we now able to actually level at Luna icey fields and Eldeon forests, or are dungeons such as goblin cave, oblivion temple and prison still the best & only way to level up?
Thanks in advance.

#41 TwiliteGarden

TwiliteGarden

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1308 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:32 PM

The purpose of these updates to the early maps is to give new players constant quests specially in the early stages of the game. We always want to make sure that new players are educated about the systems of ROSE and are able to have an understanding of ROSE that our loyal player base does now.

Many new players that I meet don't know anything about refining (talisman, bindrune, refine enhancement, item grades, etc.). Another thing I frequenty have to explain to new players is about gems. What is a drill used for? How do you put a gem in an item? What items can be drilled? Gem grades and chemicals. etc.

Why not add dialog to some NPCs that explains these things? You could also add popups early on in the game as well. Or perhaps even quests? For example, you could add a quest where the reward is a drill and a low level gem. Then continue the quest with the player having to socket + gem their item.

How about something as simple as putting a link to the official Wiki page in the game, or on the launcher GUI?

Edited by TwiliteGarden, 20 March 2012 - 04:50 PM.

#42 slinger

slinger

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1386 posts
  • LocationWaiting for 2012 in a hole

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:40 PM

How much longer for maintenance anyone?

#43 llullTAKSIAPO

llullTAKSIAPO

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Arua (Leonis)

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:44 PM

How much longer for maintenance anyone?

Just wail until u get asleep. :heh:

#44 kforkillen

kforkillen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:02 PM

Yeah, it's been 4 hours, and the usual maintenance runs for 3, and I haven't seen an extension post >.<

#45 slinger

slinger

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1386 posts
  • LocationWaiting for 2012 in a hole

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:56 PM

Yea i was wonderin the same
normally till 8 its like 10...

#46 kforkillen

kforkillen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:59 PM

Yuppp.. I'm getting super restless >.<

#47 Calanor

Calanor

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 2474 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:03 PM

We are testing out the changes for a final check on Leonis ATM.
Draconis will come up a little bit later, we have had to switch out some hardware which then needs the updates added and tested.

Leonis should be up in the next 15-20 minutes.
Draconis we are expecting to be up by 8 PM PST.

#48 kforkillen

kforkillen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:07 PM

Thanks babyyy<3

#49 Krackel

Krackel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:07 PM

We are testing out the changes for a final check on Leonis ATM.
Draconis will come up a little bit later, we have had to switch out some hardware which then needs the updates added and tested.

Leonis should be up in the next 15-20 minutes.
Draconis we are expecting to be up by 8 PM PST.

thanks!

#50 Kearkeeth

Kearkeeth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:16 PM

When is 8 PM PST? LOL. Sorry, I'm bad at this time zone and stuff. Will it be another hour for Draconis?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users