Details about Patch v.394 (3/20) - Page 3 - Patch Notes Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Details about Patch v.394 (3/20)

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#51 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Arua

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:18 PM

8pm is in about an hour

#52 slinger

slinger

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1386 posts
  • LocationWaiting for 2012 in a hole
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:19 PM

We are testing out the changes for a final check on Leonis ATM.
Draconis will come up a little bit later, we have had to switch out some hardware which then needs the updates added and tested.

Leonis should be up in the next 15-20 minutes.
Draconis we are expecting to be up by 8 PM PST.

I actually extremely appreciate when they give us a rough update on when it ends
that way i'm not trolling every post waiting for it to go up....

#53 NinjaOfNorth

NinjaOfNorth

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:20 PM

When is 8 PM PST? LOL. Sorry, I'm bad at this time zone and stuff. Will it be another hour for Draconis?

if u live in eastern time example nyc 11pm draco will be up

#54 kforkillen

kforkillen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:22 PM

When is 8 PM PST? LOL. Sorry, I'm bad at this time zone and stuff. Will it be another hour for Draconis?

11 EST!

#55 ZullyFace

ZullyFace

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 507 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:37 PM

Change can be scary, these changes though are to help new players get immersed into the game and not have to deal with little annoyances like where do I go next to level.

New players? You should take care/listen to old players feedback before you care about new players. Now all old players getting less and less because nothing new for us,

Hmmm.. Since when we are max our level and login to sit in junon....?

#56 K0rey

K0rey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:40 PM

Good for new players. Bad for old. Old players need new content as well; it's very easy to level up to 220; therefore, you should focus more on higher level ideas.

#57 Calanor

Calanor

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 2474 posts
  • LocationBetween 2 Rainbows

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:41 PM

This update was for New Players and players in the middle.

The Game Arena Update is targetted for players at the end game, not OLD player.
Keep in mind that updates may not always afffect your level of play, but they are done to improve the game overall.

#58 ZullyFace

ZullyFace

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:45 PM

They shouldn't waste time changing existing map, I had play rose for so many years and don't have any problem with them. But this is the first time I feel bored to login my account, they should spend more time to develop new map/content for old players. AT LEAST INCREASE THE LEVEL LIMIT SO WE GOT SOMETHING TO DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#59 CoffeeMuse

CoffeeMuse

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1097 posts
  • LocationRose Forum Mod 2006-2011

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:47 PM

I think the Dev's are heading in the right direction to try to get players to not bypass much of the maps and the game play. However, I also played a noob along with Naughty and found that the quests were over in the blink of an eye. Perhaps the Dev's need to load up the old Irose on a separate server and play up some noobs on that game, to get a feel for how the game SHOULD love you good long time, rather than players speed rushing through the first 20 levels. While the progression might put players through a "logical" movement through the lower maps, they level up still very quickly and like Naughty pointed out, by the time we got to the breezy hills, the monsters were all green and blue. Again, the leveling is still quite fast. I know some people complain that getting to level 200 in a week or two is way too slow but I think they are Wrong and spoiled with too much instant gratification mentality. It's no wonder players burn out and disappear and don't hang around. The Triggersoft developers had it about right in terms of game mechanics, maps, difficulty and leveling speed. Yes, it took a couple months to get to 100 but the journey was very fun. That is the "trick" to it. Again, the dev's need to load up Irose on a server in the office and actually play it to see how they got it right and why people still consider it the "gold standard"

#60 ZullyFace

ZullyFace

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:48 PM

Keep in mind that updates may not always afffect your level of play, but they are done to improve the game overall.

Can you share us your idea, what can we do in game once we maxed our level?

Ok, this is our daily life in rose now.
- Traning ground got enemy? Yes then can war for few minute to half hours. NO, then go market shopping or AFK.
- Union war? Yes, then register and wait. No, then sit down doing nothing. Finished union war? AFK again.

What else?

#61 ZullyFace

ZullyFace

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 06:53 PM

No matter what you do or what you changed, end up everyone still skip the map and start botting. You know why? Because you all are too lazy to enter the game and punish them. Just look at the zully seller, if one day I never see any spam trade chat I will thought I had logged in to Pegasus..

#62 K0rey

K0rey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:00 PM

I agree with Coffee that the Dev's are heading in the right direction; however, I agree with Zully Face on what most of the maxed out leveled characters do while playing rose. Btw, I got this error after the patching File [3DDATA\TERRAIN\O_Range.TBL]. How do I fix this problem?

Edited by K0rey, 20 March 2012 - 07:01 PM.

#63 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:16 PM

- Traning ground got enemy? Yes then can war for few minute to half hours. NO, then go market shopping or AFK.
- Union war? Yes, then register and wait. No, then sit down doing nothing. Finished union war? AFK again.

With the Game Arena update, that routine could change to:

- Traning ground got enemy? Yes then can war for few minute to half hours. NO, then go market shopping or play Crystal Defenders.
- Pick up daily quests for Crystal Defenders.
- Join Queue for Crystal Defenders and wait a few minutes. Play Crystal Defenders. Finished? Join Queue for Crystal Defenders and wait a few minutes...

And your routine could be expanded even further with the dungeon conversions which are to happen over the coming months (once again, referring to "the plan").

#64 RIP867

RIP867

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationSpace, Space, Space!
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:41 PM

Remodels and updates to quests and stuff are all cool and fantastic but until the multiple account based botting is stopped any of the original game play that IRose had won't come back. No amount of balancing can fix someone using a certain bot (that starts with a K and everyone seems to have) and six different accounts to auto level for 3 days straight and hit 220.
Most of the botters I have met seem Highly immature leading me to believe that mentioned program above is fairly easy access and most of these players are minors.
(If i'm wrong and there are really adults with the high amount of immaturity that I have seen, i'm sorry that is truly pathetic.)
So something simple like an external program (like certain game i have seen using a program called Xtrap for example) to stop client side exploitation and botting programs from latching on.
It forces the client closed if you try to do that and going at it from any angle that basic computer users would know how to do prove useless.
Or perhaps keeping the game from running more then once at a time on the same machine (which I have seen in and outside of gaming programs many a time.)

I'm assuming Rose still has a paid staff, show some pride in your work and listen to the players for once please?
I'm positive the obvious I have mentioned above would not only stop a lot of community problems but improve server stability.
Of course I am by no means saying there is a simple cure all for the botting issues however the circumstances mentioned above would keep most anyone with only basic understandings of computers from using bots or exploiting.

But that's just my thoughts on things since everyone seems to be putting there two cents in this update.

#65 ZullyFace

ZullyFace

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:47 PM

With the Game Arena update, that routine could change to:

Sound good. If we can't find 15 players then how can we start?

Possible if this system been abused by players? For example there are 15 players in clan, then each player control 2 client. 1 fighter join real group, leecher opposite group. By doing this we can abused and make unlimited honour point.

Booster, arua, sigil allowed in Arena? I know we can't boost inside but they are so many boost from outside before joining the war.
Possible to extend our self buff to 10 minutes? At least make it the same with buff pot, raider got 4 self buff and it's silly to rebuff every 7 minutes.

Thanks.

#66 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:59 PM

Possible if this system been abused by players? For example there are 15 players in clan, then each player control 2 client. 1 fighter join real group, leecher opposite group. By doing this we can abused and make unlimited honour point.

Booster, arua, sigil allowed in Arena? I know we can't boost inside but they are so many boost from outside before joining the war.
Possible to extend our self buff to 10 minutes? At least make it the same with buff pot, raider got 4 self buff and it's silly to rebuff every 7 minutes.

You can join the queue with any number of players (up to 15), and the queueing system will match you into groups of 15, combined with other smaller groups that have signed up. (e.g. queued groups of 1 + 4 + 3 + 2 + 5 players will be combined into a group of 15 to form one of the teams).

Multiple clients cannot play in the same game instance or team together, the system will reject such a scenario (we don't want a repeat of the previous Clan War system abuse).

All status effect enhancement items (and all non-Honor restoratives - currently under review) are disabled within Game Arena zones, and any status effects used outside of a Game Arena zone are purified upon entering the game. You will be required to work together as a team with your group cleric(s) to survive. Each team is guaranteed to have at least one cleric who has buffing and healing skills.

Edited by Genesis, 20 March 2012 - 08:02 PM.

#67 czzplnm

czzplnm

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:15 PM

How much longer for Draconis?

#68 maldini

maldini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:41 PM

I think the Dev's are heading in the right direction to try to get players to not bypass much of the maps and the game play. However, I also played a noob along with Naughty and found that the quests were over in the blink of an eye. Perhaps the Dev's need to load up the old Irose on a separate server and play up some noobs on that game, to get a feel for how the game SHOULD love you good long time, rather than players speed rushing through the first 20 levels. While the progression might put players through a "logical" movement through the lower maps, they level up still very quickly and like Naughty pointed out, by the time we got to the breezy hills, the monsters were all green and blue. Again, the leveling is still quite fast. I know some people complain that getting to level 200 in a week or two is way too slow but I think they are Wrong and spoiled with too much instant gratification mentality. It's no wonder players burn out and disappear and don't hang around. The Triggersoft developers had it about right in terms of game mechanics, maps, difficulty and leveling speed. Yes, it took a couple months to get to 100 but the journey was very fun. That is the "trick" to it. Again, the dev's need to load up Irose on a server in the office and actually play it to see how they got it right and why people still consider it the "gold standard"

I would pay to have the Irose leveling model back! btw, it is pointless to implement it in existing server due to various reason. It is better if you can have a separate server for it. I know some peoples will complain with this suggestion... but any radical changes will get negative feedback :)

#69 Aviv4

Aviv4

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 484 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:01 PM

You can join the queue with any number of players (up to 15), and the queueing system will match you into groups of 15, combined with other smaller groups that have signed up. (e.g. queued groups of 1 + 4 + 3 + 2 + 5 players will be combined into a group of 15 to form one of the teams).

Multiple clients cannot play in the same game instance or team together, the system will reject such a scenario (we don't want a repeat of the previous Clan War system abuse).

All status effect enhancement items (and all non-Honor restoratives - currently under review) are disabled within Game Arena zones, and any status effects used outside of a Game Arena zone are purified upon entering the game. You will be required to work together as a team with your group cleric(s) to survive. Each team is guaranteed to have at least one cleric who has buffing and healing skills.

Its all good and right, but the only issue I agree with him and you didnt answer about it is the short buffs.
Why not to make self buffs of raider (maybe other classes that have short self-buff as well) last like at buff pots? (at least) I just cant find any reason why the self buffs are shorter than buff pots.

Its so annoying to lose buffs in middle of war - after 7 mins you have to run & hide & rebuff your self buffs (not to the max cuz if you change weapon you lose your other buffs) and after 2 minutes you have to do it again with the buff pots's buffs.
Why?

#70 ZullyFace

ZullyFace

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:44 PM

You mean we can't pick the player of our team? And it will auto match by system? Then I really hope those leecher don't try to leech in the arena. For example we entered the arena assigned by system, then we saw out of 10 out of 15 players are afk. Yeah, GG the rest 5 fighters chasing like hell by opposite site.

You will be required to work together as a team with your group cleric(s) to survive. Each team is guaranteed to have at least one cleric who has buffing and healing skills.

So buffpot is not allow as well? As you can see, currently 80% of the cleric in union war is not full support cleric. I have doubt if we have only one cleric (cleric is rare for now, most of the cleric in union war are leecher else dual client by those fighter) and waiting for his/her buff, then suddenly he/she say "Wasup, we need a cleric to buff us. I am a battle cleric.. " Yeah.. GG again.

How about the all self buff duration? Can make it to 10 minutes instead of 7 minutes?

#71 Grievousx

Grievousx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • LocationU.S.A North Carolina

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:25 PM

Thanks.

If im not mistaken when you enter the new PVP arena all buffs go away and you must rebuff when you and your team get inside.

#72 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:38 PM

@ZullyFace, I would suggest checking out the feedback thread for Game Arena testing to get more information about the changes that are coming, as you are thinking under the premise that Crystal Defenders and Union War share the same flaws when most of the issues have been addressed in some manner.

You mean we can't pick the player of our team? And it will auto match by system?

If you sign up as a group, you are guaranteed to be placed into the same game, and the same team. If you sign up as an incomplete group, you will still be placed into the same game, and the same team, however your group will be combined with other groups to make up a complete group of 15 players for that team.

If you attempt to sign up with multiple clients in a group, the Game Arena will reject your request to join the queue and notify you. If you attempt to sign up with multiple clients, but in seperate groups, the Game Arena will ensure that each of those groups are never matched into the same game.

Then I really hope those leecher don't try to leech in the arena. For example we entered the arena assigned by system, then we saw out of 10 out of 15 players are afk. Yeah, GG the rest 5 fighters chasing like hell by opposite site.

With the changes to the methods of rewarding points, "leeching" or "afking" is no longer beneficial as you are only rewarded for actions which you have participated in.

So buffpot is not allow as well? As you can see, currently 80% of the cleric in union war is not full support cleric. I have doubt if we have only one cleric (cleric is rare for now, most of the cleric in union war are leecher else dual client by those fighter) and waiting for his/her buff, then suddenly he/she say "Wasup, we need a cleric to buff us. I am a battle cleric.. " Yeah.. GG again.

The queueing system reserves one space within each team for a "support" oriented cleric, which must meet the requirements to be eligible for that space, and will not start a game until it has been filled. This ensures that each team has at least one cleric who can support the group, and allows for more than one cleric if available. On the feedback thread I am looking for more player opinions on how you would distinguish between a "support" and "battle" cleric so that the queueing system's detection can be improved upon, so your feedback is welcomed on this matter.

How about the all self buff duration? Can make it to 10 minutes instead of 7 minutes?

Skill changes are not addressed in the Game Arena update, that is a question for the skill/class balancing project which I am not associated with.

Edited by Genesis, 20 March 2012 - 11:42 PM.

#73 ZullyFace

ZullyFace

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:48 PM

@ZullyFace, I would suggest checking out the feedback thread for Game Arena testing to get more information about the changes that are coming, as you are thinking under the premise that Crystal Defenders and Union War share the same flaws when most of the issues have been addressed in some manner.

Thanks for your reply, it's sound like a perfect system.

So far I never try it, I will try at pegasus server later. Because when I'm playing in leonis, I heard about the feedback of new arena is very negative. So I never login since version 11 I guess. Will give it a try later. Thanks again.

By the way, I hope this is the last question. How a cleric buff 14 players at the same time..? As you can see in the game, everyone got their own buffset. While this player need HP buff that player might need critical buff etc.. It will be very messy I guess.

Edited: One of the bad feedback I heard in game is, if a player sign up and while waiting for other player to sign up. He went to comfort room or take a meal, then the arena suddenly start because enough players. Bomb~

If you wait for a confirmation of players before arena start, then it's worst if someone registered and go AFK.. Bomb~

It's not flexible as union war as I heard. :p_smile:

Edited by ZullyFace, 20 March 2012 - 11:54 PM.

#74 SunflowerGirl

SunflowerGirl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:14 AM

No matter what you do or what you changed, end up everyone still skip the map and start botting. You know why? Because you all are too lazy to enter the game and punish them. Just look at the zully seller, if one day I never see any spam trade chat I will thought I had logged in to Pegasus..

Even if they do punish them, from what I hear, they only get a 2-day ban. Absolutely no one who is botting cares if they get a 2-day ban. They laugh at such a ridiculous punishment and just keep doing it even after getting caught.

In the meantime, the ones that don't bot get to look in the shops at all the billion dollar items and wonder what the point of farming is anymore.

#75 gEddeh

gEddeh

Boomshakalaka~!

• Members
  • 4426 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam
  • Server:gEddeh

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:29 AM

Calanor,

It's really good to see that you guys are working on adding quests and providing new players a good storyline while leveling. I have a few questions regarding these actually:
  • Will the developers keep doing this until every map in the game has a key function in keeping new players attracted to the game and guiding them through the procces of hitting the end-level?
  • How long are you expecting for this to take, taking into consideration that the team is expanding.
  • Will grinding eventually become impossible due to taking down the exp from hunting monsters and redirect the exp into quests? I'd love to see this,

Edited by gEddeh, 21 March 2012 - 09:30 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users