Change the March Lucky Box - Page 2 - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 3 votes

Change the March Lucky Box

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#26 KingOfBabylon

KingOfBabylon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 900 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal/Transce

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:13 PM

Chocolate isn't nothing. It's a something

#27 Haze

Haze

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • LocationBear Country
  • Server:Classic

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:23 PM

These items are not high valued on the market at all. Maybe as far as usefulness goes... they could be considered alright. Considering your groove boxes in the past for 150 points: you have given us way more manuals in the past... way more safe to +7 certs... and way more myst amp scrolls than this time around. If it was a chance at 2-3 x3 bms like in the past, I might buy them. If it was like the RWC Groove 1 or 2 , I would spend $100. If it was your Thanksgiving Groove pack http://ro-db.com/?se...416#item_view,

I would spend a lot of money, if I thought it was worth it... like I have in the past. This March box, is a spit in the face compared to what you guys have offered for 150 points in the past. I am not trying to be rude. I am just stating my opinion on a game that I have been playing for a very very long time.

Edited by Haze, 15 March 2012 - 08:33 PM.

#28 Akami

Akami

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1121 posts
  • LocationHell
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:28 PM

These items are not high valued on the market at all. Maybe as far as usefulness goes... they could be considered alright. Considering your groove boxes in the past for 150 points: you have given us way more manuals in the past... way more safe to +7 certs... and way more myst amp scrolls than any of the packs this time around. If it was a chance at 2-3 x3 bms like in the past, I might buy them. If it was like the RWC Groove 1 or 2 , I would spend $100. If it was your Thanksgiving Groove pack http://ro-db.com/?se...416#item_view,

I would spend a lot of money, if I thought it was worth it... like I have in the past. This March box, is a spit in the face compared to what you guys have offered for 150 points in the past. I am not trying to be rude. I am just stating my opinion on a game that I have been playing for a very very long time.

It'd be worth it if they switched it so you got a chance for the chocolate, with the safe cert box guaranteed.

#29 Haze

Haze

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • LocationBear Country

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:35 PM

It'd be worth it if they switched it so you got a chance for the chocolate, with the safe cert box guaranteed.

So true! lol. That's pretty sad.

#30 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:47 PM

The reason for the difference is because there are 2 items in there that have a very high value, the socketing thing is valued higher than the Unwrapped gift, it skews the total value of hte rest of the pack.

I can't do an item for 150, when every pull is giving 3 dollars 4 dollars 40 dollars etc.

I'm not so sure if hte value on the thing would be better if the chocolate was the random. Sure the base value goes up due to the cert, but when you pull that chocolate you are not going to be a happy camper.

Again save the chocolate box we may do something with it (but not the chocolates inside)

#31 Dinosexy

Dinosexy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:58 PM

Are you judging based on a KP value of things that aren't directly sold for KP?

I'm just saying cause the desocketing book doesn't seem all that valuable. At least on Ygg, <15m per average and even then it's a hard sell. I think that item is only particularly fab for ymir where all the aged -_- is

#32 TheKraven

TheKraven

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1135 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Valk

Posted 15 March 2012 - 05:27 PM

A desocketing book is worth peanuts now lololol

If you guys actually wanted to make good money you would add things like kvm points or eden merit badges into these boxes...then you will see an increase in sales...

Nobody is going to spend money on these boxes to get a desocketing book or 1 bmx3...:/

Edited by TheKraven, 15 March 2012 - 05:28 PM.

#33 frankSG07

frankSG07

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Locationseattle WA
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 15 March 2012 - 06:19 PM

Im not gonna buy it if i dont like it, besides, its not like its gonna stay forever. We have til december 21, 2012:thumb:

#34 Haze

Haze

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • LocationBear Country

Posted 15 March 2012 - 08:48 PM

The reason for the difference is because there are 2 items in there that have a very high value, the socketing thing is valued higher than the Unwrapped gift, it skews the total value of hte rest of the pack.

I can't do an item for 150, when every pull is giving 3 dollars 4 dollars 40 dollars etc.

I'm not so sure if hte value on the thing would be better if the chocolate was the random. Sure the base value goes up due to the cert, but when you pull that chocolate you are not going to be a happy camper.

Again save the chocolate box we may do something with it (but not the chocolates inside)

The problem is, that everyone already bought desockets last time around. You've ruined the market so bad, that cards that used to go for 50m now go for 15-25m. It's good if you are buying, but it's just going to go down in value even further, because the market is flooded with yet another item that people do not necessarily need. People needed these for MVP cards, but the majority of players don't need these. Or at least feel that their gear that they put the card into is worth saving, in some cases. Medals or KVM would have been a lot better to do. Players are looking for bang for their buck, Heim. This box gives people much less bang than any other 150 box. It's the truth! They are also looking for relevance. I don't represent the whole population, but I can say that I buy boxes for medals. The groove packs in the past worked, because we were gaurenteed something that everyone wanted. This one will probably fail, because I'm sure an even better one is coming right around the corner. I know lucky boxes could pay a few people there, if the boxes were actually worth it!

Edited by Haze, 15 March 2012 - 08:49 PM.

#35 falkenjeff

falkenjeff

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 448 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada
  • Server:"Valkyrie, prepared."

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:31 PM

People complaining about an item they purchased because it sucks? Hello, McDonalds? I'd like 6 chicken Mcnuggets. $5? Alright. *Gives money*

*goes back to counter after biting into one*

"WHY DID YOU ONLY GIVE ME CHICKEN!? I HATE CHICKEN! YOU SHOULD HAVE GIVEN ME SOME BEEF NUGGETS WITH MY CHICKEN NUGGETS! YOU SHOULDNT HAVE EVEN GIVEN ME THE CHICKEN, I DONT LIKE IT! CHICKEN SUCKS, STOP SELLING IT IN YOUR CHICKEN MCNUGGETS"

You bought the box, so why the complaining?

#36 LuxiLux

LuxiLux

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:38 PM

complaining about things that are completely optional and not required to play the game. :rolleyes:

#37 Scott

Scott

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:51 PM

its a GAMBLE
gam·ble [gam-buhl]
to stake anything of value, on the outcome of something involving chance: to gamble on a toss of the dice.

thats why they only cost 150....

and why the Early xmas presents cost 1800 since its a guaranteed uber item

Lucky Boxes are a gamble. Groovy are meant to be a lucky dip.

#38 frankSG07

frankSG07

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Locationseattle WA

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:56 PM

I change my mind, im gonna buy them and save those choclate boxes.

Who cares right? Get it?

#39 balong

balong

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:51 PM

Hmm save the chocolate box??.how about mystical amp???.perhaps can trade? why not recycle also.And one more thing regarding dragon helm,until now still burried in account storage,cannot vend cannot recycle.so whats for this items like mystical amplification.this is not free .its its 150KP.how could I enjoy buying boxes if mostly 90% is this crap items?. and to those who talking too much who oppose me with this post just shut up!!! cause you never buy boxes anyway

#40 frankSG07

frankSG07

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Locationseattle WA

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:55 PM

Hmm save the chocolate box??.how about mystical amp???.perhaps can trade? why not recycle also.And one more thing regarding dragon helm,until now still burried in account storage,cannot vend cannot recycle.so whats for this items like mystical amplification.this is not free .its its 150KP.how could I enjoy buying boxes if mostly 90% is this crap items?. and to those who talking too much who oppose me with this post just shut up!!! cause you never buy boxes anyway

i believe mystical amp can be traded to grandma for brownie points before. sooo, maybe

#41 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:39 AM

Just change your game since you complain about ALL their work

Ouch. That statement just did more damage than a Gfist. :P

#42 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:58 AM

and to those who talking too much who oppose me with this post just shut up!!!

Hi mister "nobody can argue against me". Some people don't buy because they don't have money. Others don't buy because the prizes are bad.

But anyways... Look how is the game right now. One box every week... and one new box per month. And the box has a damn load of gears with +7 and +9 effects. Some even with a +10.

Let's check if this groove pack has a boxter, but yeah.

The options they put on facebook poll were: MA scrolls, Mental Potions, BMx3, certs and Mega Resist potions.

Desocket books are useless if you can't choose the item you want. How many people have those non-carat Rideword Hats, or non-incubus Black Frame Glasses, and using the desocket on them would not give the desired item, but a crap item. Like, I bought a +9 rideword hat with a rideword card. Using the desocket would give me THE CARD.

Well... Having ultra high priced items at low rate never was the goal of a groove pack... they were more even-ish rates. At this point, get ready for the party buff scroll spam at the next groove packs.

#43 falkenjeff

falkenjeff

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 448 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada
  • Server:"Valkyrie, prepared."

Posted 16 March 2012 - 04:37 AM

Are you the same dude who keeps complaining about this helm? If your account isn't full of characters I have a solution for you. Make a new character, withdraw all the dragon helms, delete the character. :)

#44 aquaria

aquaria

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 381 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 March 2012 - 05:52 AM

Simple! Don't buy this box if you don't like the content. If you can't resist and bought it, blame yourself for doing so.

If you want the items that comes from the box but no zeny, sell some enriched @ guarenteed 3.5-4m and buy the item from vendors.

#45 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:06 AM

Hmm, but you had groovy boxes before where you put a guaranteed 2-3 dollar item such as Certs/Bloody Branches. Dunno why you can't this time.

#46 Dinosexy

Dinosexy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:24 AM

People complaining about an item they purchased because it sucks? Hello, McDonalds? I'd like 6 chicken Mcnuggets. $5? Alright. *Gives money*

*goes back to counter after biting into one*

"WHY DID YOU ONLY GIVE ME CHICKEN!? I HATE CHICKEN! YOU SHOULD HAVE GIVEN ME SOME BEEF NUGGETS WITH MY CHICKEN NUGGETS! YOU SHOULDNT HAVE EVEN GIVEN ME THE CHICKEN, I DONT LIKE IT! CHICKEN SUCKS, STOP SELLING IT IN YOUR CHICKEN MCNUGGETS"

You bought the box, so why the complaining?

So you want a chocolate boxes? Go ahead and waste your munney, because I shall not.

Assuming you have to try it to complain about it
It could just as easily be 'I am not going to buy this, and I will continue not buying it until something good is in there.'

Edited by Dinosexy, 16 March 2012 - 08:24 AM.

#47 Haze

Haze

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • LocationBear Country

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:32 AM

I will not buy this one, because it is a spit in the face. For Heim-onlygivesa-_-aboutmoney-dollar, he sees this as an opportunity to take advantage of peoples' stupidity. Why would people spend their money on this, when so much better ones have been released?

I am not complaining about it! I am boycotting it!

#48 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:39 AM

Why would anyone buy this to have chocolate boxes to turnin?

#49 Beanbean

Beanbean

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 819 posts
  • Server:Valk / Ygg

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:41 AM

I'll agree with this. Specially if you had a cert as the guaranteed drop, the price would drop so quickly it'd be worth 2-3m in a few days.

#50 Haze

Haze

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • LocationBear Country

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:52 AM

I'll agree with this. Specially if you had a cert as the guaranteed drop, the price would drop so quickly it'd be worth 2-3m in a few days.

It already will drop to that. You just watch...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users