Homunculus AFK Leveling map poll 03/2012 - Homunculus Headquarters - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Homunculus AFK Leveling map poll 03/2012

• Please log in to reply
226 replies to this topic

#1 hartsa

hartsa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • LocationFinland
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:iRO Ymir

Posted 17 March 2012 - 12:51 AM

The poll is now closed

Results:

iRO Ymir (total votes: 27)
  • Juno field 7, 10 votes
  • Ein field 5 & Turtle island surface, 8 votes each
  • Amatsu 2, 1 vote
iRO Valkyrie (total votes: 17)
  • Turtle island surface, 7 votes
  • Amatsu 2 & Juno field 7, 4 votes each
  • Ein field 5, 2 votes
iRO Yggdrasil (no votes at all)

----
Vote for a map where you would want to go AFK leveling. We have selected 4 candidates that could be potentially good AFK leveling places. AFK leveling in one of those maps should give you and your homunculus more exp than you'd get in Orc Dungeon if we could get enough people. We need about 20-30 people to keep the spawn rate good.

I'll keep the poll open for a week but if some of the maps gets enough votes before that I'd say that is the winning map and we could go there. You may vote once per your RO account where you have a homu that you want to take to the winning map. There's a selection for different servers on the poll form.

The candidates are:
Amatsu 2 (http://db.irowiki.or...info/ama_dun02/)
Einbroch field 5 (http://db.irowiki.or...nfo/ein_fild05/)
Juno field 7 (http://db.irowiki.or...fo/yuno_fild07/)
Turtle island surface (http://db.irowiki.or...info/tur_dun01/)

I must say that these maps require you to have a slightly higher level homu that would be needed in Orc Dungeon.

Here's a link to the results page:
https://docs.google....udjhoWTRpY0E6MQ

Edited by hartsa, 25 March 2012 - 02:15 AM.

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 17 March 2012 - 12:28 PM

Juno 7 is too big; it won't work. Needs way too many genetics.

Others are all viable, but we need a trial run with a bunch of genetics in TI surface and Ama2 to see how well those work.

#3 Realus

Realus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 12:57 PM

Yeah, I agree Juno 7 is too big.

I'm thinking Amatsu looks like the best... unless the archers are mad annoying, or the maps layout is just bad for homunc ai.
But TI Surface will be the easiest to do a trial run for, so that's why I'm voting for it to be the first place we try. It would be the easiest to gather people up for, as you just need to pay 10k as opposed to doing the Amatsu Quest, Paying 10k, AND walking the 3 minute maze. [Yes yes, I know. "Just buy a tele scroll"]

I don't exactly like Ein5 that much...
- Things hit kinda hard on my Vani->Eira. So I know my Lv99 Filir (Waiting for Loyal... QQ) WILL drop to these.
- If things get out of hand, you can't cart cannon things away.
- Explosions can slowly chip away at HP. While we can wear fire armor, the homunc I believe can't flee the explosion.
- Explosions will shove are alchemists around. Unless we all plan on wearing strong shields/bryns or something... So thus we won't all be in optimal afk spots. Slowing down spawn eventually when gaps are made.
- Uneven spots... The open areas will be fought over, and probably overcrowded so people will get less exp. The narrow paths will probably be ignored by most, letting monsters gather up... slowing exp.
- Speaking of the narrow paths... how does Azzy's AI work with monsters on the other side of the fence? Will the homunc act stupid and try hitting them even though it's impossible? or will they be ignored? I've never tested this myself, so I don't know.
- Curse; If your homunc is dieing, and the teddy bear curses you; you can't move away to revive them safetly. You'd have to Fwing away, or Phen and pot up.

I'm probably overexaggerating the negatives though, and it's probably not as bad as I think.
But I'd still prefer attempting the other two first.

I really wish I was in Ein5 during the time you guys apparently got 15+ people down there. Whenever I've checked up on the map, I don't see it breaking 5.

#4 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 17 March 2012 - 01:03 PM

TI surface used to be good back in the day, it'll probably be good now.

#5 Easly

Easly

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1716 posts
  • Server:ymir/valk

Posted 17 March 2012 - 02:41 PM

ti would be best if we get enough genetics to cover the strange places on that map

#6 Arceyn

Arceyn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 March 2012 - 05:45 PM

Where yuno_fild07 is too big, I think yuno_fild04 is perfect. http://rode-r.doddle...ew/yuno_fild04/ plenty of harpies and it's easy to get to, considering it's 1 south of Juno. Amatsu 2 would be good, but no one really wants to walk all the way the hell through the annoying maze to get there every time they want to level.
Turtle Island Surface is probably the best idea on the entire poll so far, just sucks you can't just warp everyone there, lol.
Einbroch wouldn't be bad but the exploding teddy bears could get annoying.
I think a little more brain storming before a poll, or adding more maps to the poll may be a good idea.
Just my two cents.

#7 hartsa

hartsa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 17 March 2012 - 11:55 PM

Those maps were added as alternatives based on discussions made in this topic http://forums.warppo...homun-leveling/
All selected maps were benchmarked at some point. Although we have never gotten enough people to anywhere. I have tried afk leveling in all those places at some point and I liked Ein field 05 the most and I was thinking that it was the most popular even though it has some flaws as are mentioned. I still like to keep my 3 accounts at Ein field 5 with 2 of them afk and one roaming around once in a while.

I kept the amount of alternatives as low as I could so the votes wouldn't have spread out with too many different maps and we wouldn't have gotten even the minimum amount of votes to any of those maps >_> I added the Juno 07 at the last minute because so many people were still thinking it would be good. I know it's probably too large as is Juno 04 too (unfortunately, being realistic). I used to afk level at Juno 04 when there were still people frequently leveling their characters (some point after renewal) but now the map is always deserted. It would be a good afk map for the reasons you mentioned but I recall some people saying it would be too difficult to some homun and the biggest problem again -> we can't get enough people there even though it's even faster to go to than the freakin' Orc Dungeon!

I think the main point of that poll is to get 20 - 30 votes to any of those maps per server so people would actually know there is a good amount of people that might join and they all could move from OD with confidence that they wouldn't need to be on some random map alone again. If this poll thing actually works we can have more polls in the future as long as we have a strong movement of needed amount of people going on :) If we could at least get this to work once we have hope that it could work a second time with different maps and so on.

So far we have 17 votes - thank you for your votes! It's really nice to see that people are participating in this thing :3

#8 Chorolus

Chorolus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Locationin a box...
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:55 AM

IMO Muscovia 2 or 3 i better XP then TI surface... I've tested xp/hour in all 3 maps, Muscovia 3 was about 2-3x faster XP/hour then TI surface(while roaming on both); Muscovia 2 was about the same as TI(while roaming) but no aggressives, yay! Not 100% sure how afk values would compare as I've yet to get enough folks to try either...

#9 Arceyn

Arceyn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 01:09 AM

Those maps were added as alternatives based on discussions made in this topic http://forums.warppo...homun-leveling/
All selected maps were benchmarked at some point. Although we have never gotten enough people to anywhere. I have tried afk leveling in all those places at some point and I liked Ein field 05 the most and I was thinking that it was the most popular even though it has some flaws as are mentioned. I still like to keep my 3 accounts at Ein field 5 with 2 of them afk and one roaming around once in a while.

I kept the amount of alternatives as low as I could so the votes wouldn't have spread out with too many different maps and we wouldn't have gotten even the minimum amount of votes to any of those maps >_> I added the Juno 07 at the last minute because so many people were still thinking it would be good. I know it's probably too large as is Juno 04 too (unfortunately, being realistic). I used to afk level at Juno 04 when there were still people frequently leveling their characters (some point after renewal) but now the map is always deserted. It would be a good afk map for the reasons you mentioned but I recall some people saying it would be too difficult to some homun and the biggest problem again -> we can't get enough people there even though it's even faster to go to than the freakin' Orc Dungeon!

I think the main point of that poll is to get 20 - 30 votes to any of those maps per server so people would actually know there is a good amount of people that might join and they all could move from OD with confidence that they wouldn't need to be on some random map alone again. If this poll thing actually works we can have more polls in the future as long as we have a strong movement of needed amount of people going on :) If we could at least get this to work once we have hope that it could work a second time with different maps and so on.

So far we have 17 votes - thank you for your votes! It's really nice to see that people are participating in this thing :3

Actually, realistically 04 isn't too big, as it is in orc dungeon there's 3-4 alchys piled up ontop of each other step after step, if anything there'd be more room to spread out and more breathing space -- which is what most of the people fail to see. Even during WoE it's swarmed! Also @ Chorolus, I've already tried moscovia 3, it didn't work out so well, I got a ton of people to go. By a ton of people I mean I basically sent all of orc dungeon there, people hated it. I honestly think turtle island or yuno 04 would be the best out of any of the ones that have been mentioned. Due to the quick accessability, frequent spawn rates, and the size of the maps.

Plus the fact that mobs don't explode, I know ein seems good, but I can see the exploding being a huge problem, especially for afking. With enough people the spawn rates would be fast enough on the other 2 maps to easily compare to it too. I think the quickest way to get people to switch maps, which this is what I did with moscovia is just get a few people, go to orc dungeon, put down a portal and tell people where it goes to, and that you'd like to try it out as an alternate afk spot. Which is why it kind of sucks you can't just warp people to turtle island surface. If there's enough people running around yelling it and warping, people will be more eager to join -- I for one would help warp people on my priest if anyone would like to try to organize that, and decide on a spot. Preferably TI Surface seems the best, as long as people were willing to just walk 5 steps for the super quick introduction to get in, lol.

Edited by Arceyn, 18 March 2012 - 10:34 AM.

#10 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 18 March 2012 - 02:17 AM

Juno 4 is kinda big. It'd take a lot of genetics to fill it. I don't think it's a contender, considering the existance of Ama2 and TI surface.

#11 hartsa

hartsa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 18 March 2012 - 03:57 AM

I would be fine with any of those maps that have been suggested in the different topics. The biggest problem is to get enough people there and make them to stay too.

Someone once warped people from OD2 to Moscovia 1 (iRO Ymir) and the map actually had some constant spawn rate for a moment. But the next day no one came back and the map was deserted again. If we had a strong core of 20 - 30 people we could populate some of the smaller maps so there would be some steady spawn all the time and it would be worth it for others to join too. That's the main reason for the poll -> to try to put together the strong core of people who would be willing to try some other maps than OD2 and stay there for longer periods of time so those maps would never be deserted. If the core would contain enough people it wouldn't be that much a sacrifice of their afk leveling time to spend at some other map than OD2.

I would say that it would be a great result if we had more than 20-30 people from each server that even actually vote -> even then we could try to get them to the winning map (even if they didn't vote for it) and if it would work, then put up another poll with different maps. I think that those another alternatives for AFK leveling maps could be discussed in the original topic here http://forums.warppo...homun-leveling/

I and some others tried warping people from OD2 to Juno 7 few times but it wasn't very successful.

#12 Easly

Easly

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1716 posts
  • Server:ymir/valk

Posted 18 March 2012 - 01:30 PM

Only problem i see with 2 of those maps are the fire monsters which means my deiter is pretty much useless

#13 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ
  • Server:Valk

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:26 PM

honestly, even if we do finish this poll, how many people do you think are actually gonna get up and move to another map? I mean i wish they would, but people are to stuck in their ways to change

#14 MizunoAoi

MizunoAoi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 587 posts
  • Server:Chaos and Loki

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:03 PM

Whatever we decide I'm game to go there. Only have one character to do it with though. Just, can we pick a place we can all agree to test? I've been to most of the places brought up in my thread but they usually dead when I get there. I blame being EST.

#15 hartsa

hartsa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 18 March 2012 - 10:51 PM

honestly, even if we do finish this poll, how many people do you think are actually gonna get up and move to another map? I mean i wish they would, but people are to stuck in their ways to change

Maybe we should've started by collecting character names (or something) from the people who are willing to try another map than OD. And after that we would have voted on some map. Now the poll is kind of collecting both things at the same time which may not be the most optimal way. But it's a start I guess... Perhaps someone with better organizational skills would perform better :D

I'm still believing that if the poll collects enough votes the people might be convinced that there would be hope for a better map than OD.. Let's see how it goes. We are actually having some population at Ein field 05 almost all the time (iRO Ymir) which looks promising. I haven't even tried warping people there from OD2 yet. I'm currently holding my 3 accounts there until the poll is finished and there are some others once in a while :) Usually when I'm online people at OD2 are afk.

Timezones are certainly a difficulty since mine is GMT+2 hours. OD is populated 24/7.. why some other map couldn't be? :)

#16 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:30 AM

I think convenience is a big thing too. VIP can get instant access to orc dungeon straight from kafra. Einbroch 5 you have to walk through 2-3 maps from juno. Not that big of a deal, but it's still a lot less convenient to get there.
Another thing is, what level will we be able to 'safely AFK there?

Edited by Luckywhiterabbit, 19 March 2012 - 04:30 AM.

#17 hartsa

hartsa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:29 AM

Yeah I agree with the convenience thing. That's why maps like TI surface and Juno 4 (which is not included in the poll though) might be good. I wouldn't have any problem with Amatsu 2 either since I would use Tele scrolls to get there but I understand that not everyone are able to use them.

I takes only a few minutes to get to places like Juno 7 or Ein 5 especially if you have cart boost, mount or agi up. You have to travel through OD1 or Gef field 10 in order to get to OD2 too ;)

Edit:
Forgot to give you some sort of answer to the homu level question. I have heard that homus over level 95 have survived at Ein field 5. Lifs and Filirs (or homu s based on them) have had the biggest difficulties there.

Edited by hartsa, 19 March 2012 - 10:39 AM.

#18 Ardi

Ardi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 364 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:33 PM

Its alot easier for people on Ymir to move over to maps... we've gotten nice chunks to move when we were trying out maps. If one turned out to be pretty decent we would probably stick to it. Valk might need a kick in the balls to move though =(

#19 Chorolus

Chorolus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Locationin a box...
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:59 PM

Yeah Valk sucks for homunc lvling...half the time OD 1 has massive gaps, and OD 2 is usually empty =[

It looks like TI surface is pulling ahead in the poll. With the looting bunnies and ease of getting there, it's probably the best bet, now if we could just get enough folks in Valk to vacate OD1...

Edited by Chorolus, 19 March 2012 - 03:01 PM.

#20 Minchi

Minchi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 581 posts
  • Server:CHAOS BRUH!!!

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:25 PM

in ein 5 now :D

(ive seen 1 alchy :(...)

Edited by Minchi, 19 March 2012 - 06:41 PM.

#21 hartsa

hartsa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:13 PM

in ein 5 now :D

(ive seen 1 alchy :(...)

Well, I try to keep my guys there as much as I can. My wife also keeps some of her afk levelers there. There seems to be other people too frequently. Ein field 05 doesn't even need so many alchemists to get some minimum spawn going on.

#22 Luckywhiterabbit

Luckywhiterabbit

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1740 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:34 AM

I'd rather go to TI than ein 5, personally.

#23 Roman

Roman

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • Locationunited states

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:26 PM

I am here representing 10+ Genetics from Ymir. I am definitely game for changing the map. OD2 is getting way too slow. Personally I think we could take over Juno 07, but next in line I would go for Turtle Island.

Roman

#24 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:58 PM

I am here representing 10+ Genetics from Ymir. I am definitely game for changing the map. OD2 is getting way too slow. Personally I think we could take over Juno 07, but next in line I would go for Turtle Island.

Roman

Juno 7 is TOO BIG.

Are people here going anywhere?

#25 MizunoAoi

MizunoAoi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 587 posts
  • Server:Chaos and Loki

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:05 PM

A couple of us have chats up in OD2 asking for players to join us on TI surface tomorrow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users